Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 37 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 37 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 40 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:30 am

no weapon is a "mistake" to use, if there's no swax there is merely a matter of preference.

that said, swax is not one of the most "blessed" weapons in tri but capcom did a fine balancing job and with the exception of ls and lance (which are slightly above in dps if used correctly) all melee weapons stand on the same level.

gun is harder to compare due to how variable it is as a weapon.
Back to top Go down
Danis137
Kelbi
Danis137

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:43 am

thx for answer!
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 12:55 pm

Danis137 wrote:
Hey guys,

I have just checked the "Best weapons for each monster" thread and i wanted to ask why there are little to none switch-axe preferences for the monsters? Is it just preference or swaxe is considered bad in any way?

P.S. Swaxe is the only weapon i primarily use atm, so just want to make sure its not a mistake.

SWAX has attack versatility going for it. Between the two modes you shouldn't have a hard time finding a good move to use for a given situation or monster. With that said, it does not really seem to be specialized vs a specific monster.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
cujo the cat
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:27 pm

I've been doing the Agna and Barioth arena quest online trying to get at least 3 bari coins (need 9 so I can have both gunner and bladmaster guild sets) and I've done it twenty times (literally) and not one bari coin. I'm up to my neck in agna and hunter king coins but not a single bari coin.
My question is, is there any way I can guarantee getting bari coins? I thought maybe the order in which bari and agna are killed might determine the coin reward, but it seems that is not the case.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:37 pm

cujo the cat wrote:
I've been doing the Agna and Barioth arena quest online trying to get at least 3 bari coins (need 9 so I can have both gunner and bladmaster guild sets) and I've done it twenty times (literally) and not one bari coin. I'm up to my neck in agna and hunter king coins but not a single bari coin.
My question is, is there any way I can guarantee getting bari coins? I thought maybe the order in which bari and agna are killed might determine the coin reward, but it seems that is not the case.

You'll always get an Aggy coin on that quest. For Barioth coins, its mostly luck, though doing the quest faster never hurts. When I get an S rank, I usually get one every other quest or so.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:17 am

cujo the cat wrote:

Offline Arena - Wyvern Trio. (Barroth, Barioth, Rathalos)

Its very likely to atleast get 1 per quest.
Back to top Go down
helios
Kelbi
helios

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 3:23 am

Hmm...what are the odds of me getting a Wyvern stone from carving a Barroth's tail? i got one once, and i need 2 more to up-grade my Barbarian blade..also can i get them in the reward screen?
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga
Leonhardt

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 6:01 pm

helios wrote:
Hmm...what are the odds of me getting a Wyvern stone from carving a Barroth's tail? i got one once, and i need 2 more to up-grade my Barbarian blade..also can i get them in the reward screen?
very low to the point its almost never :/ if u want a better chance of obtaining them, try double diablos, HR peco, or red hot party
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:49 pm

helios wrote:

3% from the tail. Another 3% from capture rewards. ANOTHER 3% from breaking and carving the head. Best way to get them though, is to do double Barioth and Diablos quests, but those are 6*. There is also the double Agnaktor event "Hot Deal". Pretty sure that's a 5* quest. You probably can't do those though, so stick with Barroth, you'll get them eventually.
Back to top Go down
cowboyjim66
Kelbi
cowboyjim66

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 3:42 am

How do I obtain sinister saint's?
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 3:46 am

Lucky for you, on Sunday the events will cycle and "Hot Deal" will be up, succeed in that quest and you'll get the tickets to make Sinister Saints
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Im gessing the answer of my question is no but i still want to confirm:

Does chacha ran out of oxigen? im asking becouse im thinking on going back to offline to kill some cedeaus becouse i need ancient dragon blood and while im at it ill get some materials becouse i havent gone back to offline since i finished, and i want to do more damage and im thinking on taking chacha with the false felyne mask so he can bomb away.

Let me know and thanks.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 12:16 am

I havent seen Cha-Cha die from lack of oxygen from my runs, the only use the ancient mask was for is to stop the player from drowning (even then you could use the item air filter)..
The False Felyne mask with skill bombardier makes things alot easier, but also alot more annoying as he can blow you up too (Cha-Cha cant tell the difference from monsters to you at times with bombs).
Its worth using on Ceadeus as he deals more damage, is unlikely to hit you with the bombs as Ceadeus is so darn large and doesnt need oxygen of his own.

Also its not just Ceadeus who gives Elder Dragon Blood. Alatreon and Jhen Mohran both give them too.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 12:52 am

elchele wrote:
Im gessing the answer of my question is no but i still want to confirm:

Does chacha ran out of oxigen? im asking becouse im thinking on going back to offline to kill some cedeaus becouse i need ancient dragon blood and while im at it ill get some materials becouse i havent gone back to offline since i finished, and i want to do more damage and im thinking on taking chacha with the false felyne mask so he can bomb away.

Let me know and thanks.
No, he doesn't run out of oxygen.
Back to top Go down
AzzraNoctul
Popo
AzzraNoctul

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:19 pm

Just a quick question for offline. When doing a Hunting quest do you have to kill it or can you cap it? Taking forever to get my last Barioth claws and I noticed it had a decent chance for a cap reward but offline there is no Capture Barioth quest
Back to top Go down
Slyffer
Cephalos
Slyffer

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:05 am

On a kill quest, you may capture or kill it, entirely at your discretion. Like you said, if there's a better chance of finding an item via cap in a kill quest, go for the cap.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:28 pm

Quick question:

Wich Helios set is better? im asking becouse im about to turn hr 51 and get the chance to get the last materials The Conqueror stuff, and i can eather overforge or just make the helios +, but i've notice the overforge is cheaper and require less materials.

So wich one is better? or should i combine them?.

Let me know, becouse i've killed quite a few lagy and have enugh materials to overforge but not enugh to make the +.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:11 pm

elchele wrote:
Quick question:

Wich Helios set is better? im asking becouse im about to turn hr 51 and get the chance to get the last materials The Conqueror stuff, and i can eather overforge or just make the helios +, but i've notice the overforge is cheaper and require less materials.

Let me know, becouse i've killed quite a few lagy and have enugh materials to overforge but not enugh to make the +.

Thanks.
It's better to mix. You can use the headless helios set to get HGE and Sharpness +1 without the negative skills, and you still have an empty head slot for an earring or other helm. You can make it by mixing with + chest and arms with the low rank waist and legs.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:16 pm

MasterOnion wrote:
elchele wrote:
Quick question:

Thanks.
It's better to mix. You can use the headless helios set to get HGE and Sharpness +1 without the negative skills, and you still have an empty head slot for an earring or other helm. You can make it by mixing with + chest and arms with the low rank waist and legs.

GREAT!!! Thanks ima keep wearing my jaggy mask woot.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:33 pm

new question for the experts on Punisher draw, i've been reading about it and now im confused.
I was thinking on making a set uragan or damascuas to get the skill and pitfall tramp a monster and just keep drawing my hammer to keep it on KO state, that is just sweet.

But apparently it doesnt work that way. In the description is says "Grants the ability to stun (KO) and exhaust monsters with draw attacks".

So how is it then? you get a multiplier of the KO damage, becouse i was thinking if i time it right i could get the monster being ko all the time on a pitfall tramp.

Well let me know and thanks.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:51 pm

What punish draw does is exactly what it states: It delivers KO and exhaust damage (KO damage is simply exhaust damage on the head. You'll still do exhaust damage.) when using any draw attack. This includes draw charges, which the hammer and GS have (only when charging directly from sheathing).

So basically, when you use the jumping draw with the sns, you can now inflict KO damage with that single hit. It's a fairly good skill on a GS, it makes using the unsheath attack more usefull on fast monsters. It can also be used to nice effect on the hammer, the spinning draw charge will inflict KO damage on ALL the spinning hits, so it can make a fun status weapon if you use the para hammer. Crit draw is the better choice when hunting seriously though.

That's all it does. When a monster is suffering from the KO status, you still won't be able to apply any more of it untill the status runs out, and the tolerance for KO resets, like with all status effects.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:16 pm

Well im almost out of stuff to do in the game since im already killed every mosnter now i just need to finish weapons and some armors.
Now im trying to go for status weapons but i never played status just raw power and elements si here i go with the questions (sorry i have many 4 questions)
1. Wich status is better? is there a guide for it?.

Comment:
I already made a poison weapon and i found it really usefull in fights with many people, killing a gobul was faster when i was nailing a lot of pision on him than going at him with hammer or switch axe.
I've already used a paralize weapon a switch axe but it did'nt paralize has much as i got the poison going in 5 minutes like 3 times, never paralized a monster in a fight that much wich gives me the second question:

2. sword and shield land more strikes that induces the status faster???.

3. I just made a sleep sword and shield but i dont know if it's that usefull, is it? if you solo? i gess i just need to be packing bombs all the time or get bombandier skill. Yes no?

4. And last question wich one is better for solo? im thinking poison becouse i can land a poision status on a monster and run around and just let it die.

Thanks a lot for your answers pig
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Largely, status is a bowgun matter for online purposes. Bowguns can inflict status faster, easier, and more reliably. There are a few ways in which you can inflict status solo, but it's loads easier with a bowgunner in a group.

For melee, it's usually unadvisable. Poison does little damage on anything besides uragaan, and it's fixed. That makes it fairly okay in offline, but worse online and especially in high rank. Even in offline, you'll kill everything aside from uragaan faster by just using a higher damage weapon without poison.

Para is possible with lance/ls, but you'll be doing far less damage, even if you aim for the weak parts when it's paralyzed. Offline, it's not too bad for cutting the tails of barioth and the like, if you have trouble reaching the tail normally. Online, using the ls and the lance is pretty good if there's no support gunner in the team, the damage you'll be lacking will be less than the damage your allies will be gaining. The para swax is actually fairly good, mostly because it's one of the only options early on. The para lance is fairly nice if you have loads of trouble with one monster. Counter a lot, dish out the punishment when it's paralyzed. That being said, you don't have to use para for that, just countering works fine too.

Sleep is a bit of bother...offline, it's usually not worth the trouble. You'll be doing about the same damage in the end, due to sleep weapons being fairly lousy. And LBB+'s will take some time to gather early on, if you want to use them in a lot of hunts. Online, sleep is good if you prepare, but only with a bowgun really. One round of LBB+'s will do loads of damage, but there's no reason to try and inflict it with a melee weapon when you can gun. With a melee weapon, you won't be able to inflict sleep repeatedly early on, and that is neccessary if you want to sleepbomb. One minor perk of sleeping monsters is that you'll have time to drink potions and whatever. Sleep does have the downside of being very hard with randoms, and a randie hitting a monster when it sleeps will often result in ragequitting and the like.

So here's a quick recap: Poison is largely too bad to consider. Sleep is good, but mostly with friends, and not on all monsters. Para is never a bad choice, often very appreciated in teams. If anyhow possible, use a bowgun. LS and lance are viable.

Now for your other questions:

2: No, but you'll do terrible damage either way. Only poison sns on gaan offline is acceptable (in my eyes).

3: If you solo anything with it, you'll be relying on bombs entirely, and i'd say you would be wasting your time. Sleep is really better for online, and basically a bowgun-exclusive (though it can be fun to joke around of course).

4: I wouldn't reccomend status for solo. Para can be used for cutting limbs, sleep can work out if you are able to inflict it reliably and bring several loads of bombs. Poison is only good on uragaan, on anything else you'll just be having longer fights than with a better weapon. In the end, going non-status will get you a weapon with more sharpness, raw, and an element. The damage that will yield is higher than what you'll usually gain from a status.

Now, i might make it sound like status is only worth it in online groups with a bowgun, but it can also be fun to use for the variation.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:59 pm

KK got it so if i want to go bet on status i'll have to go bowguns, i never played bowgun before im trying them on MH 1 of ps 2 lol and i just suck a lot.

1 - I just got confused a little by this: "For melee, it's usually unadvisable. Poison does little damage on anything besides uragaan, and it's fixed", how come its fixed? wath did you mean by that?.

2 - Also if i use armors or gems to give more status damage does not help then?.

3- The more status the more likely will do some effect?

4- Also one last thing im aming to get the Sword and shield that has 700 dragon element is it worth it? i already have a hammer (rusted) great sword (worn) and lance (rusted).

In the end i gess has you said it's good for goof around but not to solo, i gess im better off hammering and with switch axe wich are worked really fine and of curse going for the weakness of the monster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 37 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 40 ... 44  Next