Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Deep Darkhammer versus Juggernaut... math question. Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Deep Darkhammer versus Juggernaut... math question. Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deep Darkhammer versus Juggernaut... math question.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Deep Darkhammer versus Juggernaut... math question. Empty
PostSubject: Deep Darkhammer versus Juggernaut... math question.   Deep Darkhammer versus Juggernaut... math question. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 8:11 am

Since I'm not the best at math I'm rather curious as to the average damage of the Deep Darkhammer and the comparison of that to Juggernauts damage.
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Juggernaut

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Deep_Darkhammer

Juggernaut has it's impressive 1404 Raw, however Deep Darkhammer has a 1248 Raw which is boosted by it's 50% affinity.

My question for those good with math is this...since I suck at math in general: How much damage per hit is Deep Darkhammer really doing with it's 1248 once an affinity hit is dealt? And how does that compare to the stable 1404 always damage of Juggernaut?
Back to top Go down
lvl1hero
Kelbi
lvl1hero

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Deep Darkhammer versus Juggernaut... math question.   Deep Darkhammer versus Juggernaut... math question. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:17 pm

I thought it wasn't that hard to break it down. I dont know the damn formulas. dont want to and dont need to, but when using the Deep Darkhammer and you hit critical with the +50 affinity, you'll have increased your damage by 25% to your total. dealing:
Deep Darkhammer = 1248 x .25 (the 25% crit dmg from the 50% affinity) = 1560
Juggernaut = 1404 (0% affinity?)
And people say the higher the sharpness, you also get an increase in damabe boost or something. Something like maintaining purple sharpness gives the best damage output on your weapon or something of the sort.

Unless you're looking for exact numbers and exactly how much your doing with each weapon, i hope this answer will satisfy.
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Deep Darkhammer versus Juggernaut... math question.   Deep Darkhammer versus Juggernaut... math question. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:56 pm

using the weapons attack power alone is a terrible way of determining a weapons actual power, especially considering that affinity is a percentage.

without going into the more accurate math, heres a simple dps based on a simpler model than the actual damage calculation:

1248 + (1248 x .25)= 1560 as you said, but the affinity is 50% meaning roughly half the attacks are at that power.

so, though as i stated this is dreadfully inaccurate, this would be the cumulative power of the two weapons in 4 "attacks":

1404x4= 5616

(1248x2)+(1560x2)= 5616

Hmm... so, despite the oversimplification, the hypothetical dps is the same. however, 50% affinity does not mean every other attack will be a critical, so by means of consistency, juggernaut is better.

And besides power, juggernaut is far easier to make than deep darkhammer.
Back to top Go down
lvl1hero
Kelbi
lvl1hero

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Deep Darkhammer versus Juggernaut... math question.   Deep Darkhammer versus Juggernaut... math question. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:49 am

Deridor wrote:
using the weapons attack power alone is a terrible way of determining a weapons actual power, especially considering that affinity is a percentage.
... ... ...
And besides power, juggernaut is far easier to make than deep darkhammer.

Pretty much just said what i said, except i forgot to mention part where not all attacks will be crit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Darkhammer versus Juggernaut... math question.   Deep Darkhammer versus Juggernaut... math question. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep Darkhammer versus Juggernaut... math question.
Page 1 of 1