Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Ukyn1993
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

exactly what the title says.

heres my experiance:

I was playing with some random people when one of them asked me to buy a quest he needed for him because he was out of money after just building some armor. I said sure, bought it (stupid of me yeah, but i have yet to do a good deed for the day), and he joined. Someone else needed it and asked if he could come with us. The person who asked me to buy the quest said "No, hes helping me. Wait your turn." /no/ I sent that person a message saying:
"I bought the quest, i say he can come. If you still dont want him to come i can easily cancel the quest, re-buy it and put a password on it so only HE can come and you cant."
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
MGRaiden97
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:19 am

@blackice wrote:
every day i always see this idiot named blackice. he always uses guan dao with agna armour with razorsharp gemmed out and claiims binoculars make up win. he carts once or twice a hunt and calls me a noob -_- i dont no wut this idiots problem is...
Ironically, your name is blackice. How interesting...
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:54 am

Spoiler:

/rant
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:12 am

but, in the end, did you cut that tail or not?
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:00 am

@blackice wrote:
every day i always see this idiot named blackice. he always uses guan dao with agna armour with razorsharp gemmed out and claiims binoculars make up win. he carts once or twice a hunt and calls me a noob -_- i dont no wut this idiots problem is...

lol ice..
Y u talk about urself witdat epic set of guan dao wit guard+2??
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:57 pm

@quidam wrote:
I did.... But when I did, I was still told to cut the tail. :/
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:03 pm

@It's meh wrote:
@quidam wrote:
I did.... But when I did, I was still told to cut the tail. :/

Those people are morons.
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:18 pm

if someone started commanding me to do things i would kick im in front of the monster /yes/
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:36 pm

I occasionally tell randies to **** off and cut the tail. But, That's ONLY when I'm hammering and an ls/swax user starts spamming spirit combo and figure-eight combo, respectively.
They never listen. I mean, even with the gs, which is the best to go after the head without a hammer, needs to gtfo if there's a hammer user..
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:04 am

@Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
I occasionally tell randies to **** off and cut the tail. But, That's ONLY when I'm hammering and an ls/swax user starts spamming spirit combo and figure-eight combo, respectively.
They never listen. I mean, even with the gs, which is the best to go after the head without a hammer, needs to gtfo if there's a hammer user..

Same here, a lot of people I played with don't understand this simple formula:
Tailcutter: LS, SWAX, GS, Lance
Headmasher: Hammer, GS
Just Damage: Bowgun (If you got slashing S, just use it to help the Blademaster), SnS

Instead, they uses Hammer for the tail and sent me skyward when I'm trying to charge. Its true that GS KO damage is not as great as a Hammer, but the damage output alone is enough to trip the monster's stagger limit.

One of the most hilarious thing I've ever experiences when a randies tell me to keep attacking the Rathalos tail even though I've already cut it and only the head remain.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Melynx

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA????

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:57 am

Me, a friend (he quit tri /sad/ ), and some random guy were waiting for a random person to enter the city as we posted a Red Hot Party quest. After a few min a female hunter (forgot her name) entered, we were about to get ready when she entered the lobby. Me and my friend noticed that.....she was not wearing any chest armor... I noticed that she was wearing mixed armor also... are you kidding me? me and my friend PM'd each other, hoping that she would put on rath+ full set or anything that wasnt weak to fire n' shit. When she walked into the armory, we all were ready and were waiting for her to join... turns out... that she was still wearing mixed armor and no chest armor. I just decided to ignore it, she joined and we left for the quest. Quest started, drank cool drinks, dashed in search for Uragaan, beat it to a pulp, all was well when the female hunter got carted by a hip check, luckily she didn't die on any of the other monsters, but almost died by a few lazers from agna. But, seriously? mixed armor and no chest armor? was she seriously trying to attract attention to her chest by wearing no armor there? /no/
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:29 am

@Silver wrote:
Me, a friend (he quit tri /sad/ ), and some random guy were waiting for a random person to enter the city as we posted a Red Hot Party quest. After a few min a female hunter (forgot her name) entered, we were about to get ready when she entered the lobby. Me and my friend noticed that.....she was not wearing any chest armor... I noticed that she was wearing mixed armor also... are you kidding me? me and my friend PM'd each other, hoping that she would put on rath+ full set or anything that wasnt weak to fire n' shit. When she walked into the armory, we all were ready and were waiting for her to join... turns out... that she was still wearing mixed armor and no chest armor. I just decided to ignore it, she joined and we left for the quest. Quest started, drank cool drinks, dashed in search for Uragaan, beat it to a pulp, all was well when the female hunter got carted by a hip check, luckily she didn't die on any of the other monsters, but almost died by a few lazers from agna. But, seriously? mixed armor and no chest armor? was she seriously trying to attract attention to her chest by wearing no armor there? /no/

Better than male hunters who don't wear tasset (If you catch my drift...)
Back to top Go down
Silver
Melynx

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA????

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:28 am

....oh god /scar/
Back to top Go down
Andrew.
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:48 am

chap with a hammer says he will cut the tail of an ian faster thatn i will with demise...

enuff said.

adding to taht, tell me the sense of using falchion against agnaktor, is there any other monster more blatantly a fire type then agnaktor? nope.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:03 pm

maybe the fire element from it will soften agnaktor armor
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:51 pm

@quidam wrote:
maybe the fire element from it will soften agnaktor armor

Yeah, it works like magic, but you have to have mind's eye though so that you can apply enough fire without stopping.

with 5000 hits before agy digs, or walks into the lava, Falchion will cause agy to heat up again.
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Having some person join my city with my friends, he was a HR35 and said "ala?". That was quite funny.

Also after reading these i have found some vocabulary that i do not know of. "carted" and "rainbow pimp gear" can someone tell me what these are?
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:09 pm

@MGRaiden97 wrote:
Also after reading these i have found some vocabulary that i do not know of. "carted" and "rainbow pimp gear" can someone tell me what these are?

"Carting" means fainting. It refers to the felyne cart that you are brought to camp on.

"Rainbow Pimp Gear" refers to gear that looks ridiculous, but may be very good. It's usually either some event gear, or an armour that was mixed by a player with bad results, aesthetically. This page should suffice: Rainbow Pimp Gear
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:58 pm

:scratch:
@Win32error wrote:
@MGRaiden97 wrote:

"Carting" means fainting. It refers to the felyne cart that you are brought to camp on.

"Rainbow Pimp Gear" refers to gear that looks ridiculous, but may be very good. It's usually either some event gear, or an armour that was mixed by a player with bad results, aesthetically. This page should suffice: Rainbow Pimp Gear

I played Everquest a bit years ago. The designers of that game did include equipment aesthetics as part of gear balance. As such, it was pretty much a given that the best items mechanically were going to look rediculous and cool things were going to be inferior. The trope was so played out in that game if a high level item dropped, which looked horrible, if the stats were bad people would think it worth hanging on to because it had to have some hidden effect put there by the sadistic designers.

Back to the original topic:

Why so much rathalos+ blademaster sets running around nowdays? I noticed this a while ago but it's still happening.

The community seems to have beaten back the ala wall rumor, piggie rumors, jhen mining rumors, etc. So what's up with the los+?
Back to top Go down
bill_the_noob
Bnahabra

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): France

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:54 am

i did some red hot party this week-end with my alt
here comes a guy (michy). Quest starts, he spawns in the secret area and starts mining; meanwhile, we engage los and butcher him (the 2 other randies were good), micy continues mining
Me : Michy, wtf?
He: i'm coming
(3 min later, still no michy)
Me: are u kidding me?
Michy : yes lolol
Me: leech
Los starts limping, we exterminate it in his lair;
Michy comes to carve!!!!!
Hammer is really the best weapon to send noobs flying, he didnt get any carve
Then he called me a noob, bitch etc....
he didnt get a ura carve either;
Since i need agna claws+ i carved it and let Michy alone

Back to city, he did various stupid taunts but i didnt respond because his stupidity was explanatory
At least he had the good taste to leave
Back to top Go down
Ugthorf
Yian Kut-Ku

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:32 pm

More often than not though, in tri, rainbox pimp gear sucks and activates no skills.

Back to top Go down
Andrew.
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:22 pm

as per usual, the typical annoyance, in a event city an hr47 comes along and says 'ala plz'

nope

well, maybe if the chap was a good player...

nope

maybe if he could at least support us in the background (which we tried in other quests)

nope

its beyond me how its physically possible to triple cart on ian with full barioth+ gear,
and no this chap wasnt trolling, i just watched him get pounded over and over again by charges and fireballs...
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:29 pm

@Andrew. wrote:
as per usual, the typical annoyance, in a event city an hr47 comes along and says 'ala plz'

nope

well, maybe if the chap was a good player...

nope

maybe if he could at least support us in the background (which we tried in other quests)

nope

its beyond me how its physically possible to triple cart on ian with full barioth+ gear,
and no this chap wasnt trolling, i just watched him get pounded over and over again by charges and fireballs...

One guy came in when I was with Fizzle and Lagia. They were on a quest (I had been eating)
He posted los+, at hr 40. I decide "what the heck" and accept. A minute later in 8. CART. Back to base. Los goes to 2. He comes back. 30 seconds later, CART. Los goes to 3. He goes where I am, CART. AND he wouldnt let me hammer los, as he was already hammerin. I figured out soon enough that he's not good with hammer at all. He got maybe 1 or 2 hits on the head. About 5 hits in all.
Back to top Go down
Dracken
Popo

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:59 pm

@bill_the_noob wrote:
here comes a guy (michy). Quest starts, he spawns in the secret area and starts mining; meanwhile, we engage los and butcher him (the 2 other randies were good), micy continues mining

Back to city, he did various stupid taunts but i didnt respond because his stupidity was explanatory

What I love most about this is the fact I used to have him in my friend list until i removed for actual decent people ^_^
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:09 am

@bill_the_noob wrote:

I say, its okay to mine/gather/bug-catch in secret Area, but pick one and only one and then stop mining/gathering for the entirety of the quest. So say, if I end up in a secret area in Deserted island, I either mine or catch bug but not both so you can go to your team quicker.

I admit, I do mine every time I get to a secret area (I have difficulty finding Carbalite Ore otherwise). However, I usually get to the monster within 1 minute in-game.

PS: did you know that you can Dragonbone Relic in the Tundra's secret area? This is how I get 2 Dragonbone Relic at HR 40.
Back to top Go down
Kholdstare
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:22 am

so... if rainbow pimp gear is either mixed armor with awesome or no skills, what do you call armor thats super sexy but doesn't have skills worth jack?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?   Today at 1:36 pm

Back to top Go down

Whats your worst experience with stupid people in tri?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next