Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Rathalos and Gunlance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Noah
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Rathalos and Gunlance   Thu May 27, 2010 6:11 am

Hi, since a while i'm playing with gunlances, first i train at the school and after that i make some low rank questions to get more experience with the gunlance. Now i tried the golden rathian from the nekoht and the normal rathalos from the guild. ( both highrank )
The Golden rathian was no big problem vor me, he goes down after 30 min. but the rathalos kicked the shit out of me and my gunlance. I think i damaged him very hard, His head was purely destroyed but i didnt get him in time.

'm using the blizzard gunlance and the full ceanataur s armor set

Am i just making to low damage or where is my problem?
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: Rathalos and Gunlance   Thu May 27, 2010 9:32 pm

im not very good at using gunlance but i know a trick or two. are you using flashbangs on the wyverns? well, rathalos is pretty annoying.. i can deal with rathians since they dont eat up too much of the quest time since they stay on land unlike that damn rathalos. id suggest that you go for the rathalos first and then tackle rathian. good luck hunting! :D
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Rathalos and Gunlance   Fri May 28, 2010 1:44 pm

To me, fighting a high rank rathlos with gunlance is really hard(never tried it b4 :P) I would suggest u using GS, LS, hammer, or even bowgun against it. But if u insist on using gunlance, then I would suggest ur armor have some of these skills: Guard+2 (guard+1 at least), sharpsword, expert, wind press, Evade. Also bring dragon attribute gunlance, I would bring any gunlance from Silver rock weapon path. Also bring a lot of flashbombs, maybe some traps would b helpfun. GOOD LUCK Tigrex
Back to top Go down
Uri
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Rathalos and Gunlance   Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:42 am

Ok I am a GL user and simple tips really. Flash bombs are your friend as are pit fall traps or shock traps, Bring one and the abilty to make two more in the field. Secondly are you using WF when its landing? the charge up is wind proof so you can knock it on its butt if your lucky. There are some combo's but I cant remember them unless I am doing them. Other then that put your weapon away if its to far away and use wall guarding ( stand with your back to an edge or wall and when it charges block, it will stop right behind you allowing you those few hit and shots)

hope that helps
Back to top Go down
GL_M

PostSubject: Re: Rathalos and Gunlance   Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:03 pm

well, I'm a GL user, I have no tip to share except choose your battle wisely and know when to retreat
ah..also, wyvern fire and guarding is your best skill, use (read: abuse) it wisely

From your friendly GL user
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rathalos and Gunlance   Today at 10:38 am

Back to top Go down

Rathalos and Gunlance
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1