Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lao-shan lung Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lao-shan lung Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lao-shan lung

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Lao-shan lung Empty
PostSubject: Lao-shan lung   Lao-shan lung Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 7:31 pm

I need tips on killing a high rank azure/ash lao. I am at the highest point of high rank, so weapons/armor from that area is no problem.

Suggestions? armor/weapons/areas to attack etc...

EDIT: also, can i get normal lao scale+ from ash lao?
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

Lao-shan lung Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lao-shan lung   Lao-shan lung Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:06 pm

I'm not sure aout the normal scales, but for the killing:
bring a good dragon element weapon
mainly attack the belly.
every time he is about entering a new zone, bomb him.
use ballistas.

watch a tutorial on youtube (it's the easiest way to learn fighting a monster)
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:

Lao-shan lung Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lao-shan lung   Lao-shan lung Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:23 pm

I can fight them easily :P i was looking for specifics as to the best tactics, since my goal is killing one. Killing them is not easy...
Back to top Go down
Locrin
Aptonoth
Locrin

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

Lao-shan lung Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lao-shan lung   Lao-shan lung Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:38 pm

I actually wrote a small guide for this in the Stupid Questions Hotlines about a month ago, so I'm just going to copy it into this thread, as it may be more visible here to others looking for the same information as you. Hope it helps you ;)

Locrin wrote:
Pick up a Smolder Dragonsword and use your Ceanataur S set (that I assume you already have). Bring 4 combination books, a farcaster, 10 bomb materials, 10 exiteshrooms, 2 LBB+, 3 LBB, 3 scatterfish, 4 SMB+, at least 1 power or mega juice, and then as many potions, charms/talons and seeds as you think you'll need, leaving at least 3 empty slots in your inventory.

Pick up the dragonbombs and barrel bombs, and make sure to leave the balista shots. Run straight over to the rack and pick up as many balista shots as it'll allow you to. Head out into area 2 and place LBB+'s right where his face will be in a minute, then blow him up. Use the supply barrel bombs and blow him up again. After that start whaling on his stomach until you reach the ramp, run up and drop your dragonbombs on his back, keep whaling. Farcaster once he reach the end.

Combine new LBB+'s and a new farcaster, then bomb his face again in area 3. Keep whaling until you need to use your farcaster.

Combine your last LBB+ and a new farcaster, and bomb his face one last time in area 4. (Optional) Whale on him until you reach the ramp, then run up it, wait for him to stagger, then jump down and keep whaling (I find I get more free hits in in that time than I would in the same timeframe in area 5). Use farcaster at the end.

Combine a new farcaster, use your power/mega juice, pick up a cannonball and run towards area 5 to wait for him. When you can see his neck and beginning of his back, fire the cannonball, then start shooting his back with the balista till the scale on his back blows off. When you're out of shots, farcaster and pick up the ones in the box. Combine a new farcaster, then run back to area 5 and empty the balista shots in his face. When you're out of shots again, jump down and start chopping at his stomach. When he's standing up, farcaster and run back to use the dragonator on him. Then just keep hitting him untill he's dead.

Killed the G-rank Lao with the same tactic and sword on the first attempt. Hope it helps and that I didn't make any critical errors.

Last edited by Locrin on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

Lao-shan lung Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lao-shan lung   Lao-shan lung Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:21 am

I know how hard it is to kill them. I'm HR8 now and didn't manage to kill one.

for the best and easyest way: kill him with other players.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

Lao-shan lung Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lao-shan lung   Lao-shan lung Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 3:41 am

Heroics
Caen Z gemmed for reckless abandon+2/recoil down+2/pierce boost
Narga Hbg

stay on the side and pierce lao's back.
Long boring damn near impossible to get hit except from the rocks falling down. Easy kill
Back to top Go down
lvl1hero
Kelbi
lvl1hero

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

Lao-shan lung Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lao-shan lung   Lao-shan lung Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:20 am

Yeaup! Heroics dawg... and then shoot em up with a gun. Do it this way:

Quote :

1. Get <Felyne Heroics> as a Felyne food buff. [VERY IMPORTANT]
2. Grab the best PeirceS bowgun you can get at your HR level.
(mine was Tigrex Skull -rare 6- in Low-High rank, and Tigrex Skull+ -rare 10- in G Rank)
3. Stock up on:
- Peirce S 1
- Peirce S 2
- Peirce S 3
- Pin Tuna + Sm. Bone Husk
- Velociprey Fangs + Huskberry
- Normal S 3
- Normal S 2
- Crag S 1 (optional)
- Crag S 2 (optional)
- Crag S 3 (optional)
- Large Barrel Bomb+
- Small Barrel Bomb+
- Farcasters
- Bomb Material + Excitemushroom (to make more Farcasters)
- Well-Done Steaks (whatever you want to recover stamina)

4. Accept the quest.
As soon as the battle starts, use the Bombs you got to lower your health bar to 10HP or less (its a very small margin of health by the way). By doing so, you'll activate <Felyne Heroics> (increases your attack by a f*** load, +40% of your original total attack or something i believe). You'll know when you've got the buff on you when you notice that your status reads your attack much higher than your original attack. If you're quick, meaning if you've got Heroics activated while Lao Shan Lung or Shen Gaoren is still in the very 1st beginning map, you can still gun them with Normal S 3.
Get out there and use your Well-Done Steak or whatever it is you've got to recover stamina. Load up your Normal S 2 and shoot him when you spot him in the map. If you brought Crag S, smack him in the head/nose with those to break that horn of his. Now, when his whole neck sticks out in range of the map (as in you can hit it with a melee weapon), pull out your Peirce S 2. Stand diagonally at Lao Shan Lung in front of him or to his side, about 2-3 dodge rolls away or so, and aim at his back, just above his front shoulder where his spikes 1st form on his back, and let your Peirce S fly away! I recommend Peirce S 2 because you'd wanna save your Peirce S 3 for when you've got a good lock on his back... like when you're above him on platforms... and you've got plenty of Peirce S 1 to shoot if you run out of Peirce S 2. So again, just let those Peirce S shots fly.

When he gets to the bridge area in Map 2 and 4, shoot him with Peirce S 3 (if you've still got them), or Normal S 3 if he's not close enough to Peirce. If you happen to fall close to him and get worried, use a Farcaster to return you back to base camp. Farcaster is recommended to getting out of the map anyways since its faster. If you like you can stay with him and shoot him 'til he's bout to walk out of the map and whip you with his tail.

As for Map 3, the map with no bridge, just do the same thing you've been doing in the previous map. Its just that here in this map, there are two different platforms/ledges you can stay on to snipe him. One is the rock platforms, the other is a little wooden stand... that fits like 2 sniping people at most (the 3rd guy will probably get smacked by a bowgun shot and fall down the stand, then get stomped or whipped by Lao Shan Lung). On the rock platforms, the highest platform is NOT recommended, because there will be falling rocks from the side of the cliffs. Those rocks can KO any hunter under the Heroic skill in 2-3 hits, and those rocks fall fast. The lower rock platform is very safe, but once Lao Shan breaks the gates and continues walking, your good aim and range on his back will become less effective by the second. So get as much shots in as you can.

By the time Lao Shan Lung walks under the last bridge in Map 4, if its around 10 minutes left and you've used most of your ammos (like all you've got left are some Normal S 2's, Peirce S 1, and materials to make Peirce S 1), then you've dealt more than enough damage to win the fight. If you dont believe Lao Shan is almost at death, keep shooting him with whatever you've got, just remember to give the monster some time to cross the gap between Map 4 & 5 (around 10 minutes if monster is at the bridge).

Before heading out to kill Lao Shan Lung in the last map, gather up as many Balista's as you can cuz those will be the winning kill. If you solo, you SHOULD kill him after shooting 6-16 Balistas (for the extra Balistas, use a Farcaster to go back to base camp, grab the ones in the box and go shoot em)
With Heroics, these Fort and Town quests with large elder dragon monsters are nothin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lao-shan lung Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lao-shan lung   Lao-shan lung Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lao-shan lung
Page 1 of 1