Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MHFU Guide Application

Go down 
+11
Silver
Chipou
Yamatsu
DannyLee94
wellywinardy
Phazon Xenomorph
Deridor
Tomderdepp
BoredForLife
blackice
Silverneo188
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Not sure how useful this will be for everyone (as in everyone plays MHTri) but I am making it anyways!

I am currently in development of a application that will display information about creatures, weapons, and quests. Possibly an item Database. It is being developed in C# It is actually being developed in Visual Basic now due to ease. I will release a beta when I complete the monster section for anyone interested :3

I am developing it as an alternative source to the MHwikia website. So people can easily access monster info without an internet connection

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Pics
Spoiler:

Features

• Monster Database - List of All Monsters and their weakness (Current)
  • Monster Viewer - Low/High/G Rank carves and Rates (Current)
  • Monster Viewer - Picture of Monster (Temp. Removed)
  • Monster Viewer - Monster Bio (Current)
  • Monster Viewer - Monster's Average HP (Possible)
  • Item Combo Viewer - Required Items / Rate (Planned)
  • Item Combo Viewer - Where Required Items Can Be Found (Planned)
  • Armor Set Generator (Planned) : Suggested by Tomderdepp

Downloads
Alpha 0.1 - Download
Alpha 0.2 - Download

Wanna Help

Submit data with this template and post here on this topic if you are gonna code a creature, that way no one else does the same creature

Code is in the language VB/.NET
Code:

Public Class #MonsterName
    Public picString As String = "#MonsterName"

'Carve Names - Like Rathalos ruby, Kut-ku scale, etc...
    Public lowCarves() As String = {"Low Rank Carve 1", "Low Rank Carve 2", "Low Rank Carve 3", "Etc..."}
    Public highCarves() As String = {"High Rank Carve 1", "High Rank Carve 2", "High Rank Carve 3", "Etc..."}
    Public GCarves() As String = {"G Rank Carve 1", "G Rank Carve 2", "G Rank Carve 3", "Etc..."}

'Body Part - Like body carve, tail carve etc...
    Public lowPart() As String = {"Low Rank Carve 1 Carve Area", "Low Rank Carve 2 Carve Area", "Low Rank Carve 3 Carve Area", "Etc..."}
    Public highPart() As String = {"High Rank Carve 1 Carve Area", "High Rank Carve 2 Carve Area", "High Rank Carve 3 Carve Area", "Etc..."}
    Public GPart() As String = {"Low Rank Carve 1 Carve Area", "Low Rank Carve 2 Carve Area", "Low Rank Carve 3 Carve Area", "Etc..."}

'Rates - the percentage of getting the carve, make sure the order of the numbers matches the corresponding carve in the array
    Public lowRates() As Integer = {37, 34, 18, 8, 3, 55, 45} 'so the first number would be low rank carve 1's chance and so on
    Public highRates() As Integer = {33, 25, 15, 12, 7, 5, 3, 40, 40, 20}
    Public GRates() As Integer = {33, 25, 15, 12, 7, 5, 40, 40, 20}

'General Monster Info
    Public mInfo As String = "#MonsterName's description, I generally use the description given by MH Wiki"
End Class

Try to get as accurate data as possible replace any term with a # sign in front of it with the appropriate data, Here is a list of current monsters needing data.
Spoiler:

Wanna code a little better? Well nothing can replace experiance in code but you can use Notepad++ to help with the syntax, if you use NP++ be sure to set the language to VB
Updates
(11/20/2012)
Released Alpha 0.2! Which has an updater for when I update the monster database that way I don't have to re-release the program, Enjoy Yes by vort

(11/18/2012)
Added a way for people to contribute data to the project and yes your name will go in the program ;)

(8/14/2012)
Added a download link to the alpha build Yes by vort enjoy

(3/26/2012)
I have been in a long hiatus due to programming complications and schooling. So I am back to working on it and will hopefully have a beta soon

(2/27/2012)
:chag:
This is the result of 6 straight hours of programming
Spoiler:

Last edited by Silverneo188 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:26 am; edited 33 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:27 pm

blackice wrote:
nice job so far dude. it would be nice if you could get rid of the scrolling laggy thing or whatever because it drives me crazy ._. but otherwise you are doin good

I HAVE RISEN FROM THE DEAD!!!!1!!! lol jk

I am working on getting that fixed don't worry. Plan to have the next beta out soon
Back to top Go down
ScienceJesus
Felyne

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 4:37 pm

Nice job with this app man its a lot more usefull than having to search the wiki. I wish you the best of luck to (hopefully) finish this before christmas! :D
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 10:31 pm

-a wild silverneo has appeared-
-silverneo used procrastinate-
-it was super effective- lol jk,

working on an dynamic update system that allows me to update the program's database with monsters and such without having to re-release the program
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 11:22 pm

Tomderdepp wrote:
just Downloaded the Alpha-version. looks great. hope to get the next version soon.

PS: if you need help, like filling in the information for the monsters in a default formular (if something does exist)... I feel smart enough to do that and I have the time.

If you like to help I have left instructions on my first post on how to Yes by vort your name will be in the app :D
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:40 am

i would help but i honestly have no idea how to use that thingy you gave us ._.
EDIT: ill try to do kirin but i have no idea if im doing it right

EDIT 2:
Code:
Public Class #Kirin
    Public picString As String = "#Kirin"

Public lowCarves() As String = {"Kirin Mane", "Kirin Thunder Tail", "Lightcrystal", "Kirin Horn", "Kirin Hide"}
    Public highCarves() As String = {"Kirin Thunder Tail", "Kirin Hide+", "Kirin Azure Horn", "Novacrystal", "Kirin Hide", "Kirin Horn", "Kirin Mane"}
    Public GCarves() As String = {"Platinum Mane", "LthrKirinThndrTl", "SpecialKirinHide", "Purecrystal", "Kirin Hide+"}

Public lowPart() As String = {"Body"}
    Public highPart() As String = {"Body"}
    Public GPart() As String = {"Body"}

'Rates - the percentage of getting the carve, make sure the order of the numbers matches the corresponding carve in the array
    Public lowRates() As Integer = {39, 24, 15, 12, 10} 'so the first number would be low rank carve 1's chance and so on
    Public highRates() As Integer = {20, 18, 15, 15, 12, 12, 8}
    Public GRates() As Integer = {34, 24, 18, 10, 4}

'General Monster Info
    Public mInfo As String = "#Kirin's description, Kirin resemble white unicorns with their horn and their glowing white aura. It casts a pure white 'shadow' under it at all times. The Kirin can summon lightning to strike attackers, or the area around it. The Kirin can be seen in the Tower, Snowy Mountains, Swamp, Old Swamp, Battlefield, and Old Jungle."
End Class

did i do it right? if so i can do a lot more that only took about 7 mins
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 1:57 pm

blackice wrote:
i would help but i honestly have no idea how to use that thingy you gave us blank
EDIT: ill try to do kirin but i have no idea if im doing it right

EDIT 2:
Code:
Public Class #Kirin
    Public picString As String = "#Kirin"

Public lowCarves() As String = {"Kirin Mane", "Kirin Thunder Tail", "Lightcrystal", "Kirin Horn", "Kirin Hide"}
    Public highCarves() As String = {"Kirin Thunder Tail", "Kirin Hide+", "Kirin Azure Horn", "Novacrystal", "Kirin Hide", "Kirin Horn", "Kirin Mane"}
    Public GCarves() As String = {"Platinum Mane", "LthrKirinThndrTl", "SpecialKirinHide", "Purecrystal", "Kirin Hide+"}

Public lowPart() As String = {"Body"}
    Public highPart() As String = {"Body"}
    Public GPart() As String = {"Body"}

Public lowRates() As Integer = {39, 24, 15, 12, 10} 'so the first number would be low rank carve 1's chance and so on
    Public highRates() As Integer = {20, 18, 15, 15, 12, 12, 8}
    Public GRates() As Integer = {34, 24, 18, 10, 4}

'General Monster Info
    Public mInfo As String = "#Kirin's description, Kirin resemble white unicorns with their horn and their glowing white aura. It casts a pure white 'shadow' under it at all times. The Kirin can summon lightning to strike attackers, or the area around it. The Kirin can be seen in the Tower, Snowy Mountains, Swamp, Old Swamp, Battlefield, and Old Jungle."
End Class

did i do it right? if so i can do a lot more that only took about 7 mins

You did it right except for 2 things but don't worry its not that bad. 1 you dont need to have the # sign in the monster name and 2 where you have the "body" listed it is supposed to be listed for each carve, I know it's tedious but it'd go like this

Code:

Public lowPart() As String = {"Body","Body","Body","Body","Body"}
    Public highPart() As String = {"Body","Body","Body","Body","Body","Body"}
    Public GPart() As String = {"Body","Body","Body","Body","Body"}

notice how there are 7 different carves for the high rank kirin? Then there must be 7 different carve locations in public highPart() and each thing of "body" must correspond exactly to the carve. Let me give a little better clarification

lets say I have this

Code:

Public lowCarves() As String = {"Basarios Shell", "Machalite Ore", "Poison Sack", "Large Monster Bone", "Basarios Wing", "Machalite Ore", "Basarios Shell"}

Public lowPart() As String = {"Body", "Body", "Body", "Body", "Body", "Tail", "Tail"}

notice how the last two parts say "Tail" and the last two carves are "Machalite Ore" and "Basarios Shell" Those carves come from the tail.

EDIT:
Added you to the contributer list and kirin to the program Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 1:21 am

ALPHA 0.2 RELEASED

New features:
  • Monster Database Updater (Biggest update)
  • More monsters with info
  • A list box of people who have helped fill out info for monsters and the monsters they filled out info for
  • Various Bug Fixes

the monster database updater allows me to update the list of monster with info without having to re-release the program. So when a good chunk of monsters gets added I'll release an update to the monster database and all you will have to run in "Updater.exe" and it will check for a newer monsterdatabase.dll, if there is it allows you to download it. Enjoy Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 4:03 pm

I downloaded it but it won't open Sad by vort
EDIT: Nevermind I got it now. Great app!
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 4:10 pm

remember everyone, if you have any troubles, concerns, or ideas for the app please let me know Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 12:18 am

ooohhh i get it now lol.
sorry i was on vacation but i an do more monsters if you would like

EDIT: i downloaded the alpha 0.2 and its lookin great. but it still has the scroll problem :0 also are adding the monster pictures hard or something? because i couldd help with those too instead of you just not doing them
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 2:55 pm

i want to help but have no skills but anyway what monsters do you need ?
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:43 pm

it says on the first page. notepad++ makes it so much easier btw
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:09 am

Spoiler:

how is that?

Last edited by laoshanicrus on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:52 pm

that seems right. but post it in [.code][/.code] without the .
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 9:59 am

there its code nao
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:34 am

seems good. neo may be dead again though xD
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 5:00 am

SURPRISE MOTHER FUCKERS!!!

Haha, ya I was dead again. But sadly I lost the files when I got a new computer. So if I were to try and redo this (and quite frankly looking back it I'm disgusted with the GUI lol) it'd be from scratch. BUT, I would do it in C# since I have gotten better at coding since I last worked on it and thus making it a better application :P but idk if I wanna restart this program. It's a possibility. Just unsure at this moment.

EDIT:
Sorry bout the necro-bump, there's still the possibility of me continuing this app although I no longer have my PSP xD)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MHFU Guide Application
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6