Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
help on finding some items Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
help on finding some items Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

help on finding some items

Go down 
+2
Win32error
Toshiya_Reita..
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Toshiya_Reita..
Kelbi
Toshiya_Reita..

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

help on finding some items Empty
PostSubject: help on finding some items   help on finding some items Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:26 am

i need help here...anyone know where can i find a spiderweb (the exact location if possible)? i have searched around snowy mountain and jungle area .
i need it to create some pitfall trap . thanks in advance . :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: help on finding some items   help on finding some items Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:04 am

There is a thread for this, where you can ask easy questions: https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t5150-stupid-questions-hotlines-united-edition
But it isn't stickied, so i guess its easy to miss. Maybe sticky that thing mods?

Anyhow: Spider webs can be found in Forest and hills, zone 6. Near the Top.

Edit: Edited to make the answer a bit nicer. Guess i'm in a bad mood.
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: help on finding some items   help on finding some items Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Shock traps are far more efficient i'd say, as you can buy the materials in bulk for a rather low price. i have hundreds of the genprey claws so all i have to do is buy new trap tools before each quest! 3 shock traps is plenty.

Trap tool+genprey fang=shock trap

Oh and one more thing, shock traps work on more monsters than pitfall. theres a few monsters that can get out of/avoid pitfall traps (rajang, garuga, etc...)
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: help on finding some items   help on finding some items Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:05 pm

Deridor wrote:
Shock traps are far more efficient i'd say, as you can buy the materials in bulk for a rather low price. i have hundreds of the genprey claws so all i have to do is buy new trap tools before each quest! 3 shock traps is plenty.

Oh and one more thing, shock traps work on more monsters than pitfall. theres a few monsters that can get out of/avoid pitfall traps (rajang, garuga, etc...)
same for me. but if you go to the forest you can find spidder webs that are located in gathering points that look like, you guessed it spider webs
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
Toshiya_Reita..
Kelbi
Toshiya_Reita..

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: help on finding some items   help on finding some items Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:02 am

hmm...i guess your right. i remember when i tried to set a pitfall trap the first time i encounter congalala but i cant set it on that area. so i depend on the one and only portable shock trap from the supply item .

and i think i also got a plenty of genprey fang too . well...thx for the advice .
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: help on finding some items   help on finding some items Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:49 am

Deridor wrote:

Pitfalls last longer, allow for KO/Para and can be switched with shocks. The third shocktrap you deploy will last about 2/3 seconds on most monsters. IF you're able to get a team together, using pitfalls is pretty darn usefull.
Back to top Go down
Locrin
Aptonoth
Locrin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: help on finding some items   help on finding some items Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:54 pm

I prefer getting my spiderwebs from the swamp, areas 1 and 2, or simply from catching bugs at the farm.
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: help on finding some items   help on finding some items Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:34 pm

Win32error wrote:
Deridor wrote:

Pitfalls last longer, allow for KO/Para and can be switched with shocks. The third shocktrap you deploy will last about 2/3 seconds on most monsters. IF you're able to get a team together, using pitfalls is pretty darn usefull.

You can KO a shock trapped monster (if i understood you correctly.. hammer KO?).

Also, the added length has never been useful to me. More duration is useless when the creature is writhing around making their head damn near impossible to hit...
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: help on finding some items   help on finding some items Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:11 pm

to your question:
Spiderwebs are easiest obtained at the farm. if you keep farming after every quest you should soon have plenty of them.

for which is better I wouls say it depends on the situation. for example the craps can't fall into pitfalls but they stay very long in shocktraps. if you for example fight narga you can get him in a pitfall when he is in rage and he will stay in very long.
for my preference I like pitfalls more. but shocktarps are the allrounders for you cant cut off tails while monsters are in pitfalls.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: help on finding some items   help on finding some items Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:26 pm

Deridor wrote:
Win32error wrote:
Deridor wrote:

You can KO a shock trapped monster (if i understood you correctly.. hammer KO?).

Also, the added length has never been useful to me. More duration is useless when the creature is writhing around making their head damn near impossible to hit...

You gotta aim for the right part when a monster is pitfall'd, but that does require experience. And yes, you can KO a shock trapped monster, but that disables the trap (same with cutting the tail), so you'll have to be careful, or you'll be wasting the trap.
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: help on finding some items   help on finding some items Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:04 pm

I don't use shock traps for anything other than cutting tails, getting at an annoyingly mobile creature head with a hammer, or giving myself a booster against the unfairness of g-rank...

in other words, I don't see using a shock trap to get a ko as wasting it, especially considering that it generally doubles the time the creature would be vulnerable.

For example, the cat elder's silver rath i've been farming for rubies generally stays in the trap long enough to get off one triple pound. if in that combo it gets ko'ed, I can get in 3 triple pounds. and either way, it's a sufficient amount of damage towards the next ko.

Anyways, i fear we have hijacked poor toshiya's thread /sad/
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: help on finding some items   help on finding some items Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:10 pm

Tomderdepp wrote:
but shocktarps are the allrounders for you cant cut off tails while monsters are in pitfalls.
unless your a boss :D
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
Toshiya_Reita..
Kelbi
Toshiya_Reita..

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: help on finding some items   help on finding some items Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:50 am

i dont know what to say /scar/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help on finding some items   help on finding some items Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

help on finding some items
Page 1 of 1