Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

PS Vita & MH

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kelidus
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: PS Vita & MH   Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Imagine the possibilities. Capcom needs to make this happen. A new fresh MH game for the Vita utilizing the power and controls of the Vita along with on the go online play would just be insanely awesome. Wonder if it'll ever happen?
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:42 pm

@kelidus wrote:
Imagine the possibilities. Capcom needs to make this happen. A new fresh MH game for the Vita utilizing the power and controls of the Vita along with on the go online play would just be insanely awesome. Wonder if it'll ever happen?
Sorry they choose 3DS XD
Vita started REALLY bad in Japan, so it is really improbable to Capcom to look back at Sony until they clean the mess they did
Back to top Go down
parasky
Jaggi

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Although I think that a VITA monster hunter game would be fantastic, the VITA has got onto a rather rocky start. Developing for the 3DS would make more money as it already has about 4 million owners in Japan alone.

My guess they'll release 3G and 4 worldwide, then a Wii U title, then maybe a vita game.

It still would be nice for a vita game to be released soon though, especially see as they'll obviously make some awesome special edition consoles.
Back to top Go down
http://parasky.tumblr.com/
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:14 am

I personally want MH on everything. But that's because I support MH before any single system. Even the iPhone Dynamic Hunting!

Though I do exspect to see a "New" MH game on the Vita sometime in the future I think Nintendo has the series sucured (as far as new titles) for a short period of time.

3G looks and plays great on the 3DS, and an MH on the Vita will look and play great. It's all about Capcom though developing and releasing the games outside Japan (for me anyways.) Because in the end it does not matter if they make 1,000 MH games on the Vita or any other system because it does not matter if it is not released outside Japan.

But back to the topic.

MH on the vita will have features that the 3DS could not have and vice versa... but online for the vita will still be slightly restrictive. Even though you have 3g networking on the vita it is hard to play onlines games that way. Or at least the MMO's I have played with my 3g iPhone and even 4G wifi spot have been. So even though the vita can conect to the internet without wifi (if you got that modle) I doubt that you would be able to play online without wifi.... Just my thought though.
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:35 pm

Since my psp broke and i have no way to play my old game saves in MHFU, i decided to download it for the Vita. It is actually pretty darn nice on the vita if you set the right analog stick to act as the dpad. There is no more of the "claw grip" (although i never really used it, just tap L or use the camera as you roll) and its nice to have a monster hunter for the vita, even though it isnt official.

But on the other hand, the graphics look pretty bad since the screen is bigger, and the image is stretched, it takes up a bit of memory (i have a 4gb) and you cant use your psp saves.

They should make one of the vita, or at least the ps3, the only reason i even keep my wii is because of tri, otherwise, im selling it. It is literally the only game i have for it.
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Not sure if this has been noted yet, but I heard that japan is getting MHP3rd for the Vita sometime this year...
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:32 pm

^ check out the P3rd section. There is a post about it.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Shin Zelkami wrote:
Not sure if this has been noted yet, but I heard that japan is getting MHP3rd for the Vita sometime this year...
And they are also getting MHFU, when Vita comes here they must let us download these games.
If not...
Back to top Go down
Dusean17
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:41 pm

@ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
Shin Zelkami wrote:
And they are also getting MHFU, when Vita comes here they must let us download these games.
If not...

Not to sound judgemental, but you really sounded like a fanboy in that older post.
I have a Nintendi 3DS and a PlayStation Vita, I think it would boost sqles of the Vita quite quickly, the announcement of a new Monster Hunter for Vita would send people wild!

I know its going to happen eventually but the problem is it might be really late.

The Vita had a solid launch the fact of the matter was it didn't do so well.
The PlayStation Vita is a very hardcore system and a Monster Hunter on Vita would demolish the others, my Monster Hunter Tri is my second favorite game, but if Sony could persuade Capcom to mke MH for Vita the loss of money from the persuasion would drive Japan wild for Vitas.
And Sony could make a very large profit, they aren't thinking straight, get the games and gamers will follow.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:13 pm

The vita needs a "new" monster hunter not another PSP port if it gets one.

If it does E3 will be the time they announce it since captivate had no mh news at all (that I heard of any ways). But as far as the West goes Capcome seems to be much more willing to promote DD than bring MH to West.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:46 pm

@Dusean17 wrote:
@ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
Shin Zelkami wrote:
If not...

Not to sound judgemental, but you really sounded like a fanboy in that older post.
In that one? But is the truth. Retiring UMD was an error. People would also like to play PSP games on Vita, but without an UMD lector, then. Thats why they should let us download those games.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Popo

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:46 am

I read an article, cannot find the article i was reading right now. But there was mention of capcom saying that a MH game was coming to PS Vita and a release date was said but not confirmed by campcom. The release date was November 4th 2012, I personally don't believe that's true but I do believe that monster hunter on Vita will happen. Yes it had a rocky start in Japan but it had good sells in NA, and we haven't received MHp3rd or any since Tri. Plus I don't think they'd want to miss the chance to up the MH franchise abit.
Back to top Go down
Hermz
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 27

3DS friends code: 1177-7813-4605
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:46 am

Monster Hunter on the Vita won't be an unlikely sight in the future, but saying it would "demolish all other games" and all that are just wrong. I love Monster Hunter. I started on the MH1 release for PS2. But you need to realize the likely hood of us getting it on the Vita is highly unlikely. Monster Hunter just isn't popular enough outside of Japan. Monster Hunter, Monster Hunter Freedom, Monster Hunter Freedom 2, and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite had either none to very little advertisement. Tri was the only one with actual commercial/magazine advertisement (that I have seen, at least) in the West. Even that wasn't a lot.

You also need to think of what's popular in the West. Sports games, the Uncharted series, God of War will likely hit the Vita. Same thing with Tomb Raider. If I had never heard of Monster Hunter, and I had to choose between the God of War Trilogy for the Vita, or a game I had never heard of (in this case, Monster Hunter) I would choose God of War. But this is just an instance. I would pick the game I have never heard of. But then again, not everyone thinks that way. Most would rather spend $40 or $60 on a game they know, and that they know is good, versus a game they have never heard of, and have no idea how good it is.

And as of "Sony not thinking straight", that is completely wrong. they are thinking logically. Making games for an HD system is costly. Also, what I said just above this is another reason why they aren't going about this the wrong way. Also, Sony doesn't own the Monster Hunter name. It's Capcom's game. It's their decision on what system they make it for, and they are going about this in a corporate, "We want the max amount of money, without spending too much." kind of way. Sales in Japan are plenty, they don't see a need for expanding and spending money and resources on an over-seas release.

People need to know Capcom is a business, and they are trying to make money. Translating, advertising, and mass production COSTS MONEY. It's counter-productive to spend money on the production of game that won't see the predicted, or expected sales. I would love to see more MH games over in the West, but from a legitimate business perspective, it is a loss of money.

This is in no way to be misread as trolling, or saying we will NEVER get a new MH game released here. It is just saying that in a logical, and business perspective, it is highley unlikely. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://rgnkgaming.forumotion.com/
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:03 am

How dare you speak such truths on an MH fan site hermz... why that's Heresy!

But truth none the less. Demographics plays a large part in what is popular and what is not. I see no need to go into it but there are many factors, the main part IMO being what we are subjected to through marketing. A lot of times over the years what we are told we are suppose to like from media, friends and so on is what in the end we will be "programed" to like. (It's part of culture) Here in the west we got that with a lot of the things Hermz mentioned but not with MH.
Back to top Go down
Momomomiji
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:40 am

I think monster hunter and other jrpgs would do really great outside Japan if Japan stopped looking down their noses at the world and gave us those freakishly amazing games they're so flippin proud of. Just saying..
Back to top Go down
Hermz
Kecha Wacha

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:36 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
How dare you speak such truths on an MH fan site hermz... why that's Heresy!

But truth none the less. Demographics plays a large part in what is popular and what is not. I see no need to go into it but there are many factors, the main part IMO being what we are subjected to through marketing. A lot of times over the years what we are told we are suppose to like from media, friends and so on is what in the end we will be "programed" to like. (It's part of culture) Here in the west we got that with a lot of the things Hermz mentioned but not with MH.

Haha, I'm sorry dcj! It had to be said! Like I stated, I love Monster Hunter, and would love to see more localization. But it's just a hard market. Glad you understood what I was saying though! ^^

And Momo, it's not Japan "looking down there noses". They gave us plenty of amazing games, like Final Fantasy, Mega Man, and Monster Hunter. Sure, we only got MH1, MHF, MHF2, MHFU, and Tri, but that's something. So saying Japan is basically saying "FU you rest of the world!" is way off. From what I;ve seen, it's really only Capcom, but they aren't doing it to be jerks, they are doing it for profit. Here's a link with all the sales of the MH games, from the ones released everywhere, to the Japan ones only. Some you will see "0.00m", those are just either not updated, or they don't care, hehe. ^^;

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Monster+Hunter&publisher=270&platform=&genre=Role-Playing&minSales=0&results=200
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:25 pm

I wouldn't be so sure about the looking down their nose comment hermz... Though if it can be helped or not, that's a different story.

The video game market is a very touchy market over all... Much more different than movies and any other form of entertainment. Though originally "Videogames" (like many other forms of entertainment to include cartoons and anime) were created for adults and older teens it has become sterotypically associated with young children.

The 3DS is a great example. Look at all the commercials and most of the games. In teh commercials you see adults, usually groups, no children... A lot of the games for the 3DS (especially in Japan) are adult oriented. even KI:U has some adult references in it. But even though there is no reall marketting of the 3DS towards children it is still though of by many (and unfairly IMO) as a childs system. Videogames in general are looked at that way and whenever an adult game is put on the market many "parents" ignore the rating and attack it as not being appropriate.

This of course affects how Japan veiws the western market as what is allowed here and what is not. FPS seem to be fine. (you know killing people and such is ok in the west) but Boobies are not... Just stating general veiws people...

Any ways to the point and trying to not get too off track. The way a lot of game developers in Japan see us are based off of the way we behave and act towards games. FPS' are ok... Nudity (DoA) is not. We also seem to get upset oversingle player games, and a lot of other game types that gamers in Japan seem fine with.

So in the case of MH and many other games developers i Japan may see no reason to release those games in the west as "we would not appreciate them in the first place." Thus making those game too Japanese for our wester tasts and not worth their time and effort or $$$ to even send to us.

And while I have expressed my dislike for it many times it is not always at the fault of Japan that they do not send us these games or feel it is not the type of game the WEST should have or would appreciate.

Not sure how clear I made all that but I'm sure if you can see through mud you understand what I am saying.
Back to top Go down
Hermz
Kecha Wacha

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:20 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
I wouldn't be so sure about the looking down their nose comment hermz... Though if it can be helped or not, that's a different story.

The video game market is a very touchy market over all... Much more different than movies and any other form of entertainment. Though originally "Videogames" (like many other forms of entertainment to include cartoons and anime) were created for adults and older teens it has become sterotypically associated with young children.

The 3DS is a great example. Look at all the commercials and most of the games. In teh commercials you see adults, usually groups, no children... A lot of the games for the 3DS (especially in Japan) are adult oriented. even KI:U has some adult references in it. But even though there is no reall marketting of the 3DS towards children it is still though of by many (and unfairly IMO) as a childs system. Videogames in general are looked at that way and whenever an adult game is put on the market many "parents" ignore the rating and attack it as not being appropriate.

This of course affects how Japan veiws the western market as what is allowed here and what is not. FPS seem to be fine. (you know killing people and such is ok in the west) but Boobies are not... Just stating general veiws people...

Any ways to the point and trying to not get too off track. The way a lot of game developers in Japan see us are based off of the way we behave and act towards games. FPS' are ok... Nudity (DoA) is not. We also seem to get upset oversingle player games, and a lot of other game types that gamers in Japan seem fine with.

So in the case of MH and many other games developers i Japan may see no reason to release those games in the west as "we would not appreciate them in the first place." Thus making those game too Japanese for our wester tasts and not worth their time and effort or $$$ to even send to us.

And while I have expressed my dislike for it many times it is not always at the fault of Japan that they do not send us these games or feel it is not the type of game the WEST should have or would appreciate.

Not sure how clear I made all that but I'm sure if you can see through mud you understand what I am saying.

Though there were few typos here and there, I completely understand and agree. You said what I have been trying to say, but better. Also, I couldn't think of the proper way to express myself. But, that up there, hit the nail on the dead center of the head. ^^
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:25 am

I say something amazing about our culture and the video game industry and you complain about typos?

Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS Vita & MH   Today at 5:49 am

Back to top Go down

PS Vita & MH
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1