Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Resident Evil: Revelations-Best moments Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Resident Evil: Revelations-Best moments Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Resident Evil: Revelations-Best moments

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Resident Evil: Revelations-Best moments Empty
PostResident Evil: Revelations- First Thoughts

So skipping through what it took me to get both the game and pre-order bonus today I will say this, the pre-order case was worth it. It's just a plastic slip over case but the Holographic RE:Rev design on the front is well done and looks really good.

So my first thoughts on the game are limited as I have not played too far into it. Those who have played more are welcome to add what they know. Before playing I read several reviews and learned that there are a lot of unlockables. If you are into playing a game straight through without knowing it's seacrets don't look anything about the game up but if you want to get the extra stuff for the game as you play through from the begining I would suggest doing a search before you start playing.

Before you even start the game you will notice the sound, with or without headphones on. So far the game has some of the best sound out of the games I own. It is used very well and the music is done nicely. I have noticed that there is a bit more silence in this game though and the music does not really give away what will happen until it happens first.

When starting the game it gives you the option to use the Circle Pad Pro. I have not seen one out in the US yet but I am told it was suppose to be released in Game Stop stores as an exclusive there today.

It has street pass but as far as I can tell it only gives basic data to other players such as your progress and such.

It gives you the 3 3D level options Regular, Strong and Very Strong on top of the 3D slider. This really does change the depth you see quite a lot but I think for many people it will be too much and do not see the strong and Very strong settings getting used and may have not really been needed.

Spoken and subtitle languages have a lot of options which is nice. I rarely see that many in any game on a console or Hand held.

Difficulty is Casual and Normal. The normal is just fine for me and I think if you have ever played an RE game you will do just fine on it.

I wont compare the graphics to any other system. They look really good in both 2D and 3D. If you don't use the 3D at all you are not missing out too much but the rain effects, the fog and the over all texture the 3D adds is pretty great.

You have a few different control options A,B and C which basically just move the buttons around. So you may have to find the option that is best for you.

In the actual game you can run by pusing the slide pad up more but it still seems a bit slow at times when you are running for your life and the bad guys are much faster then you are. Speaking of bad guys I have not seen that many and have not ran into a boss yet. soo can't really talk about them.

Overall what I can say so far is it plays well and looks and sounds great. The controls are just fine once you get use to them... Basically just like any RE game. Like I said about the demo though, if you are a fan of the older RE games you will want to get this game but if you liked RE5 more than you should probably wait for RE6 to come out.

I have not yet gotten to play online. Hopefully soon.

Edit:

I forgot to mention and it just came to me, there are a lot of little things in the game that really add to it that I have noticed so far. One such thing is right as the game starts when it is raining, with the 3D on you can actually see the shape of the hail and watch it bouncing around...... and get hit by it.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Resident Evil: Revelations-Best moments :: Comments

RDC
Re: Resident Evil: Revelations-Best moments
Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:00 pm by RDC
I picked mine up today also. Haven't played yet. Damn job. Might be worth making a list similar to Mario Kart for people who are interested in Raid mode. (I think that is what it is called.)

I shall be getting my Evil on tonight.
dcj91x
Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:14 pm by dcj91x
Once you get a chance to play let us know your first thought. I think you have to beat the main story before you can play raid mode.

EDIT:

Ok, you only have to beat Episodes 1 thru 3 to unlock Raid Mode and to be able to play online.

Also, I have noticed a few places that the frame rate slowes down for a second or two while playing but this happens with or without 3D on. Does not really affect gameplay but it is noticable.
RDC
Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:25 am by RDC
I only got a chance to play through episode one. The first thing that stood out to me was the sound. It's brilliantly atmospheric. The music is very RE 4. So, it fits just fine. That isn't to say that the graphics aren't grea, because they are. it does look pretty cool. I haven't noticed the framrate issue yet, but I haven't gotten very far or I'm not that observant. I do miss the full on run option that RE 4 had. It doesn't feel that you are actually running when in most cases you're going to push the circle pad all the way up. That's probably my biggest criticism as of yet. I am very much digging Resident Evil: "REVAITONS".
dcj91x
Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:04 pm by dcj91x
I started playing the Raid mode. I only carry one weapon with me and have to keep reminding myself to go back and play the actual story mode.... I may do that this weekend. Also, I keep running out of space for all the weapons I get.

Here's a bit of advice. 1. Have play coins, 2. Go in and out of the store and compare each weapon until you find something you really want. Don't get anything until you have gone in and out of the store several times. Also the store adds new things as you level up so after each level check back again. 3. You only colect ammo in each stage for the weapon you cary so if you only bring one weapon you will only collect ammo for it. If you bring multiple weapons you may get shorted on ammo for one of the weapons you bring. 4. You and your partner get items seperately so take everything. They get their own. 5. Head shoots.... If you can find a head.

Also, here are pictures of my 3DS with the pre-order RE case. There are 2 different pictures so you can see that the eye moves...

Spoiler:
RDC
Post Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:22 pm by RDC
I finally played raid mode last night. That is going to be fun. I'll probably wait to play it again until I'm done with the story mode the first time. I'm wierd like that.
Daggers
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:40 pm by Daggers
I havent play through Revelations all the way, but i must say its on point. Im only at the start of chapter 3 and the game has gave me some of my best fright moments. Jills missions and boss fights are some of the best ive experienced in the RE series IMO there on par with the old school RE fright wise. The fight with Rachel was so suspenseful and my fav boss fight from the game so far. To those who have the game what are some of your best moments?
RDC
Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:52 am by RDC
That's about where I am. The Rachel fight is ridiculous. You never know when seh's going to turn up. I thought I was gonna get her in the end, but I gots myself killt.
Daggers
Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:44 pm by Daggers
RDC wrote:
That's about where I am. The Rachel fight is ridiculous. You never know when seh's going to turn up. I thought I was gonna get her in the end, but I gots myself killt.

lol she was but the her fight was very well done that lady creeps me out. Now i hate the boss fight before that the captain was so annoying for me.
dcj91x
Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:14 pm by dcj91x
Hello... I am going merge this and the other RE:rev topic already started...
Noodles
Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:21 am by Noodles
I only played the demo, but it was pretty scary. My heart nearly stopped when i say the dead body with the "blood sucked out of him", and then there was something behind me!

Page 1 of 1