Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lance and switchaxe

Go down 
+14
Lucas
Palas
Yuki
Kanade
Rene
Shepherd
Bimasena009
It's meh
Leonhardt
laoshanicrus
Quentin
Win32error
Axel3
MGRaiden97
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 7:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

First with the lance, It seems as if it is stronger than most weapons, for example, i can kill a royal ludroth faster with the agnaktors lance than i can with the wyvern blade long sword, both are fully upgraded. The long sword attacks faster, so i would imagine itd do way more damage, and with both weapons i am attacking pretty much the whole time. I have compared this with other monsters like the los, and different weapons, the lance beats them all except the hammer. Are they the 2 strongest types of weapons in the game? I do remember seeing it said somewhere.

Also with switch axes, I dont really use them, and not many others do either. Online i usually only see low ranks using them, almost all more experienced players dont use them either, what is it about them? Do they suck compared to other weapons in any way?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Lance on Jhen = OP as hell..... o.O

You can do 300+ damage when you're at the mouth just by poking like a madman....

Last edited by Chips on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:35 pm

lance dps in tri is only second to ls actually.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:39 pm

Stabster wrote:
Chips wrote:

You can do 3000+ damage when you're at the mouth just by poking like a madman....

Are you dead serious or trolling?

Just go LS and red spirit guage 24/7 for huge dps damage OR do what I do and get a GS and lvl3 charge it 24/7 and kill it in time 100%.

If you wanna talk about skill go to sports. Video games don't require "extreme skill or intelligence."

sorry typo 300, but that's if you dont get there right away. You can easily go to 500 or more. You get 76 dmg per high stab combo, and you can pull of 4 or 5.

76 x 4 = 304. Now imagine if you have 2-3 players poking there.

oh wait I'm wrong I calculated the exterior...

you do 200 damage per combo....

Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:44 pm

I think Stabster is trolling IMO
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:45 pm

quidam wrote:
lance dps in tri is only second to ls actually.

dats only if someone maintains red, and doesnt spam the finisher. He has to fade slash and dodge, and perform the finisher to maintain red at the right times. Which is too mind numbing to do xD. So usually staying yellow is good enough, but the DPS won't be as high.

OR go noob style and red bar it like a madman... works only on Jhen though, or a team of 4 LSers on Alatreon
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:47 pm

Stabster wrote:
Chips wrote:
Stabster wrote:
Chips wrote:

You can do 3000+ damage when you're at the mouth just by poking like a madman....

Are you dead serious or trolling?

Just go LS and red spirit guage 24/7 for huge dps damage OR do what I do and get a GS and lvl3 charge it 24/7 and kill it in time 100%.

If you wanna talk about skill go to sports. Video games don't require "extreme skill or intelligence."

sorry typo 300, but that's if you dont get there right away. You can easily go to 500 or more. You get 76 dmg per high stab combo, and you can pull of 4 or 5.

76 x 4 = 304. Now imagine if you have 2-3 players poking there.

oh wait I'm wrong I calculated the exterior...

you do 200 damage per combo....

Edit: Yeah that's legit. The mouth is a very fragile place, but it's kinda small for 4 players to spam hit it. Wouldn't ls or gs be better?

If you had 4 LSer's it would do almost the same, maybe more if they're all in red, due to GS's Slap to charge, it only fits in 2 peeps.

Lance is highly accurate weapon and if you position yourself correctly, you can get all 4 people there. Did it before with a few peeps multiple times.

Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:49 pm

Stabster wrote:

If you use lance, ls, and gs on the arms/legs; the gs would deal more damage, so it should be the same for the mouth.

They do nearly the same amount of damage.

Each weapon is calculated differently. The time it takes to GS Charge, and the time it takes to do 3 and 1/2 stabs is practically the same. The total amount of damage is very close. would be different by about 20dmg.

edit: i double posted but mehhh.... edits and edits makes it hard to reply >.>
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:55 pm

Stabster wrote:
It depends on a lot of stuff like the skills you're using like critical draw and other stuff like specific combos. Just fyi, lance wasn't made to do the most damage in the game.

Lance does do the most damage overall in the game, not including Bowgun.

Also Spamming on large monster such as jhen, its basically the only way.

Using the LS properly, is whole different thing man. You don't spam the spirit combo to keep on red, that is definitely the noob way to go.

LS is definitely convient for new players since it looks cool, moves quite fast, and does decent damage if they're spamming.

I do now know who you've been hunting with, but LS does amazing damage, when used properly. By stopping spirit combos midway, positioning one's self with fade slash.

Sorry if you had some traumatic experience with an LS user, where it ended up in your rear while you were lancing.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:02 pm

Stabster wrote:

Oh I evade the ls and guard/evade the monsters attacks. xD

Good for you, but don't say LS is horrible weapon. It's just to many "noobs" use it a lot. Kind of like how "noobs" lance charge like a madman.

Don't judge a weapon based on the way newbies use them =/. At least a noob with an LS, doing suicidal spirit combos would do more damage than a noob doing a suicidal lance charge.

Stabster wrote:

I guess the lance was better than I thought

indeed, it has one of thee most highest DPS in the game. Does consistently well on both land and water, and on all monsters.

Has the ability to insta-evade on normal attack, has the best defensive mechanic in the game.

Lance is basically overall the "best" weapon in the game due to its many perks.

The real greatest downfall of the lance is its sheathing, cuz the animation takes so long compared to other weapons.

Last edited by Chips on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Stabster wrote:
Chips wrote:
Stabster wrote:

Oh I evade the ls and guard/evade the monsters attacks. xD

Good for you, but don't say LS is horrible weapon. It's just to many "noobs" use it a lot. Kind of like how "noobs" lance charge like a madman.

Don't judge a weapon based on the way newbies use them =/. At least a noob with an LS, doing suicidal spirit combos would do more damage than a noob doing a suicidal lance charge.

The fade slash doesn't evade through attacks...so just evade in the middle of spirit combos...there's not much tactics with the ls, except ballz stuff.

P.S. ain't I saying ls is good for jhen?

Yea, but I"m talking about LS overall. Also fade slash doesnt have evade, you're right. That's why you fade slash to position yourself not to get hit, and at the same time hitting the monster too. Which is why the fade slash is an amazing perk on the LS.

also to do higher DPS with the LS. Instead of finishing the combo at red, use a fade slash at the end, and restart the combo, because the finisher takes too long to restart the combo again, and makes you vulnerable to attacks.

Last edited by Chips on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:10 pm

Stabster wrote:
Chips wrote:
Stabster wrote:
Chips wrote:

The fade slash doesn't evade through attacks...so just evade in the middle of spirit combos...there's not much tactics with the ls, except ballz stuff.

P.S. ain't I saying ls is good for jhen?

Yea, but I"m talking about LS overall. Also fade slash doesnt have evade, you're right. That's why you fade slash to position yourself not to get hit, and at the same time hitting the monster too. Which is why the fade slash is an amazing perk on the LS.

It's way better/simple to do a simple evade roll. A side slash is so much damage...? Also, evade roll is quicker to do and ends sooner.

It's safer to "evade" but it's what you would say more "pro" to fade slash. A Fade Slash does quite a decent amount of damage.

Also after a fade slash you're able to dodge. Basically it's up to your anticipation of the monster's movement. Dodge if you have to, Fade slash when you can.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:26 pm

whatever guys, wyfi wins dps challenge anyway 8)
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Stabster wrote:

If you want high damage on LS, spirit gauge is the key. Side slash and evade is just to get in position, not die, and be close to the monster. The damage from side slash is better than nothing, like the evasion roll.

That's what I said.... >.>

quidam wrote:
whatever guys, wyfi wins dps challenge anyway 8)

Everyone knows Bowguns have the highest potential DPS D: dats not fair master Quidam!
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Stabster wrote:
In terms of damage, fade slash doesn't influence that much. At most, it would be 30 seconds in arena.

Fade slash is one of the strongest attacks an LS has damage-wise, and use wise =/

Barbarian Sharq (P), with Yellow Bar, on Alatreon's foot does 18 damage. The spirit finisher does 26. the Spirit 3 does 41.

Comparing these by how easy it is to utilize and perform the attack. Fade slash does a decent amount of damage. Now imagine using the fade slash instead of dodging. It racks up quite a bit.

Also you can fade slash Barroth any day, in fact if you really wanted too, you can literally fade slash circles around it.

You can also play matador with a barroth. As it charges you fade slash at the correct time hitting it while dodging it as it heads straight for you o.ob.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lance and switchaxe
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii :: Monster Hunter 3 (Tri)-
Jump to: