Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Lance and switchaxe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
MGRaiden97
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Lance and switchaxe   Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

First with the lance, It seems as if it is stronger than most weapons, for example, i can kill a royal ludroth faster with the agnaktors lance than i can with the wyvern blade long sword, both are fully upgraded. The long sword attacks faster, so i would imagine itd do way more damage, and with both weapons i am attacking pretty much the whole time. I have compared this with other monsters like the los, and different weapons, the lance beats them all except the hammer. Are they the 2 strongest types of weapons in the game? I do remember seeing it said somewhere.

Also with switch axes, I dont really use them, and not many others do either. Online i usually only see low ranks using them, almost all more experienced players dont use them either, what is it about them? Do they suck compared to other weapons in any way?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Chips
Shagaru Magala

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:36 pm

@Stabster wrote:
@Chips wrote:
@Stabster wrote:
Well it didn't for me...o wells...anyways do players still upswing other players out of the boat? Heck one time I completed jhen with an ala sns and did the most hitting, now that's funny. Whenever I had a lance user in jhen quests, it's usually slower than usual. Also, the jhen's mouth doesn't stay still, so wouldn't burst damage be more efficient?

Try using Vangis gemmed in for

Autotracker
AUL
Sharp+1
Speed Sharpen.

^Works for every weapon consistently.

On gs, there's a better armor set for jhen. Sharp+1, critcal draw, focus, earplugs set. Wish it could be hg earplugs, but it's just barely 1 point away from it. Vangis set would work for everything except gs, imo, for jhen.
Yea I meant for Lance, and other weapons. Using that you'll get around the same time with GS with your set. Basically the optimum damage set vs the optimum damage set for GS will give similar results.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:50 pm

@Stabster wrote:
@Chips wrote:
@Stabster wrote:
@Chips wrote:

Try using Vangis gemmed in for

Autotracker
AUL
Sharp+1
Speed Sharpen.

^Works for every weapon consistently.

On gs, there's a better armor set for jhen. Sharp+1, critcal draw, focus, earplugs set. Wish it could be hg earplugs, but it's just barely 1 point away from it. Vangis set would work for everything except gs, imo, for jhen.
Yea I meant for Lance, and other weapons. Using that you'll get around the same time with GS with your set. Basically the optimum damage set vs the optimum damage set for GS will give similar results.

Hmmmmmm...so many whit stones...0.0...yeah that seems legit, but I like to be efficient in supplies so that I farm less and get over 1000 stuff...xD

LS is more dpsy on giant jaggi.

FYI, the worst ala weapon is the ala hammer cuz what will you use it on...a jho, but why?...jho hammer has more raw...some say ala gs is the worst ala weapon, but one rarely uses whit stones on it.

Alatreon Metamorph is a very good hammer. Devil's Crush P outdamages it but Metamorph's long lasting sharpness is great against monsters like Uragaan, Rathalos, Rathian, and if you're feeling fun, a good choice for Fiery Skies and Frozen Fields. It's the one of the best hammers, and can be used for any monster actually.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:02 pm

@Stabster wrote:
@Chips wrote:
@Stabster wrote:
@Chips wrote:

Hmmmmmm...so many whit stones...0.0...yeah that seems legit, but I like to be efficient in supplies so that I farm less and get over 1000 stuff...xD

LS is more dpsy on giant jaggi.

FYI, the worst ala weapon is the ala hammer cuz what will you use it on...a jho, but why?...jho hammer has more raw...some say ala gs is the worst ala weapon, but one rarely uses whit stones on it.

Alatreon Metamorph is a very good hammer. Devil's Crush P outdamages it but Metamorph's long lasting sharpness is great against monsters like Uragaan, Rathalos, Rathian, and if you're feeling fun, a good choice for Fiery Skies and Frozen Fields. It's the one of the best hammers, and can be used for any monster actually.

For gs and hammer...raw>element...cuz they charge up their raw attack power and deliver a burst of damage. I got jho hammer before ala hammer...so why ever use ala hammer or even get it?

Because Sharpness effects KO Dmg, and KO Dmg will decrease if the sharpness drops. So using Metamorph once in awhile, especially on dragon weak monsters is a good option. Monsters like Ura or Los, when they're pitted in a trap, you don't want to lose Purple Sharpness for that extra KO dmg.

It's not needed, but some people like Metamorph better just because its Purple sharp lasts longer than Devil's. Some people don't mind, some people do. But its your pick. The damage difference isn't that big (except for Alatreon).
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:05 pm

@Stabster wrote:
@Chips wrote:
@Stabster wrote:
@Chips wrote:

For gs and hammer...raw>element...cuz they charge up their raw attack power and deliver a burst of damage. I got jho hammer before ala hammer...so why ever use ala hammer or even get it?

Because Sharpness effects KO Dmg, and KO Dmg will decrease if the sharpness drops. So using Metamorph once in awhile, especially on dragon weak monsters is a good option. Monsters like Ura or Los, when they're pitted in a trap, you don't want to lose Purple Sharpness for that extra KO dmg.

It's not needed, but some people like Metamorph better just because its Purple sharp lasts longer than Devil's. Some people don't mind, some people do. But its your pick. The damage difference isn't that big (except for Alatreon).

Back if you were here like 1.5 years ago on this forum, you would be pissed off. I'm implying you're right and I agree with you.

You should look at my Join date. I was here 1.5 years ago.

Also I think we should stop discussing here. We altered this thread's course drastically xD

Last edited by Chips on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:10 pm

i went off to dinner for 2 hrs and 3 pages have been written D:

it's nice to see people have fun with it buuuuttttt.... keep it on track or i'm going to start shooting FullSet chips/kento
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:16 pm

@Stabster wrote:
yep I just edited it...xD
was you pissed off or did you change or did you kept your mouth shut?...lol
...yeah...I'm boredz...well gonna try to play mh tri 3.
Especially that lance jhen idea wasn't highly recommended in the past. xD

I always use things according to aesthetics in general hunting. Which ever I felt like using at the moment xD so yea. Gonna listen to madam Quidam (snickers)

>.>

so dat lancing.... lol kk i'm outties
Back to top Go down
Axel's sister
Popo

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:17 am

Well, with lance you have better defense but SA is easier for me to use. So I like SA better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Today at 1:26 pm

Back to top Go down

Lance and switchaxe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4