Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

what was your first experience with monster hunter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
laoshanicrus
Najarala

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:18 pm

This is to talk about what and who introduced you to the monster hunter series and what were you playing before.my first taste of mh was from a girl at my local gamestore she said she recomended it for psp she said its her favorite rpg and from then on I've been addicted
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:22 pm

I read about it in Ctrl Alt Dlt and thought it looked cool
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:32 pm

Cool I'm trying to get my frinds into it.more players=3g and frontier
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:19 pm

My bro saw the first one in an electronic gaming magazine in like 2005, bought that, and the psp. I first started on the ps2, but since he was on alot (mostly online) i played the psp alot. But then when i had the chance i played the ps2, because online there was awesome. Since then i've loved the game.

Then when the servers were down we played mhf2 alot together, but then about a year later he went to the navy and hes all grown up, and we dont play anymore /sad/
Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Well...
At my elementary school there is a magazine section so I found a nintendo power magazine, I was scanning through the pages and I saw qurupeco and I was like what is that!?!?
Then I saw lagi, and I thought it looked Awesome. So I got my grandpa to take me to 3 gamestops and 1 playntrade and then I finally found it at this gamestop.
When I got home I played offline, then got stuck on qurupeco then I stopped playing for about 1 month and played twilight princess then I came back to it tried over and over again, I killed the qurupeco!!!
Then I breezed through until I got to barroth...
I was stuck until I used a luddy weapon, easy kill. Then I got stuck on gobul, I played online till I had a strong fire weapon...
Then I killed everything with my ala weapons on offline.
Then, I made another profile with hammer, I breezed through offline mode with only upgrading like 3 times.
Then I started to gun with my old profile. And now I'm here...
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Coolstories and dude even tho ur bro is not into it anymore u still have us all crazy hunters lol /yes/
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:32 pm

bah, you're never too old or manly to play MH ;)

ok so, i played MH2 cuz ma cousin had it and i wuz instantly hooked!
so i bought MH3 and got to a high HR den da wii broke sooo....bought a psp to play MHFU but i got angry at it cuz it kept deleting ma files sooooo....got a new wii for christmas and here I am now :D
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Leonhardt frik yea I'm gonna be playin till I'm dead soooooi yea
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Well, my uncle (who's only about 4 years older than I am) played the old MH titles in the PS2 (to be fair, I'm talking about Indonesia so its obviously pirated). At first, I'm not interested (because we had Shadow of the Collosus, ICO, and Silent Hill 2) and just watch whenever he play.

Fast forward a few years, my dad only allow me to buy a Wii instead of PS3 or that tempremental XBOX 360. Wii is a total shit until I heard about Monster Hunter Tri. I don't actually buy it until 2011 because its too expensive. That is when I personally play a Monster Hunter game.

I think for me, MH3 is the only thing that prevent me from selling that Wii (or if I must, my soul) for something like PSP Vita or even a PS2 so i can play Shadow of the Collosus again
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:04 am

My Cousin tricked me to buy MHF at Flee market for 23.00 saying its the best game for the PSP and that its a rare game. All i can say afterward all i have to say is he was right and it is best 23 bucks i spend on a PSP game. I grew liking the game and proudly own MHF, MHFU, Tri, etc.....and more in the future......
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:57 am

I read about in gameinformer, saw how low their score was, and went back to playing twilight princess. :hicc:
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:52 am

And yet game informer says that call of duty and crap like that are good games .yeaaa right monster hunter is a mans game lol
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:15 am

My first exposure to Monster Hunter was the Congolala Ecology video care of my oldest nephew. Nothing says, "THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!" like seeing a huge pink monkey fart on a crab.

@laoshanicrus wrote:
yeaaa right monster hunter is a mans game lol

*ahem* A man's game? Rage by sipax
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:29 am

I knew absolutely zero about this game. In one of the subway stations I regularly go through to go to work had plastered ads for Tri everywhere. I think I had passed it for a month before I looked it up on IGN. I saw the monsters and I said Hell Ya!

It took me awhile to figure out the skill points, though. I kept trying to add earplugs to my leather hoping it would give me some help. (I stopped readin manuals some time ago.) I think I was having trouble with barroth and went online to find help and here I am.
Back to top Go down
crovis
Felyne

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:38 am

I've always watch the "Classic Gamer Rooms hd" reviews, and there I see the review of MH3, I just find the game fun at the beginning, an okay action/rpgish game... I think it was like Valhalla Knights...

Then Great Jaggi kicked my ass, like a thousand times, so I started my "research" of the game mechanics, find the wiki, and find you guys /versad/ /versad/ (tears of joy).

And that is it, the game is really addictive, and so fun!!! I just hope we got frontier someday /versad/ /versad/ (tears of sadness).

Last edited by crovis on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ugthorf
Yian Kut-Ku

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:05 pm

When I was trying to come up with stuff to put on my 2010 christmas list, I looked at gamespot and saw it was a well-reviewed rpg.

Back to top Go down
uriel1994
Melynx

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:48 pm

needed a good wii game so i ask man's best friend... google!!!
so many games but the title monster hunter made me wonder, what kind of game is this?
so i go with man's second best friend... youtube!!!!
saw a trailer and it was epic, then great jaggi caused me trouble i go only for help, but everybody told me he was too easy. so i searched in man's third best friend... google????
and found something called monster hunter wiki forum and it had weird people but they actually helped me, but i will never go there again
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:49 pm

the first time I was confronted with MH was in school as I saw some friends playing it on the PSP. because I hadn't a PSP at that time monster hunter was soon bannaed into the back of my head. some months later I looked for a new wii-game. there coincidentely I saw Monster Hunter 3 and I remembered my friends saying MH is a really good game. so I bought it and got addicted. and as my nintendo DS died (RIP) I decidet not do by a new one but a PSP (there were more reasons but MH was the most important). (and now about half a year later I have played 400+ hours Unite. (and even thuogh I have it 3-4 months longer just 200 hours MH3)
Back to top Go down
Cheshakyatto
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:18 pm

The person who introduced me to MH3 was my ex /mad/ needless to say I dont regret playing at all. Before MH I was addicted to Oblivion (this is back in June before Skyrim) and another game called Demon's Souls. It was a different experience since I had never used a Wii controller ever lol X3 but Im a natural at gunning and its what i do best D:<
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:38 am

Monster Hunter Freedom on the PSP.

Played it when my bro wasn't looking and I LOVED IT.
Did the single player and beat the gold ian and silver los, but I never did get on the multiplayer...
Back to top Go down
shailin
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:22 am

when i was small i had mh on ps2 i hated it because i never know how to play it then a year later i felt like playing it and i did the first quest after that i did a few more quests then i knew that i found my destiny then in 2011 i got tri i cant remember a day that i never played it
Back to top Go down
Silver
Melynx

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA????

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:02 pm

This is kinda like my topic /sad/ [url=http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t7354-what-got-you-into-monster-hunter]http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t7354-what-got-you-into-monster-hunter[/url]
Back to top Go down
WrathzRevenge
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:41 pm

One of my younger cousins got MH for the PS2, because she liked Dinosaurs... xD I remember playing it and being like "WTF is this crap? I can barely move with this lance thing and the monsters take forever to kill :O!" years and years later, I somehow get a PSP solely for Monster Hunter. xD I dont remember why. I got it. I loved it. Now im on Tri.

Damn right im a poet.
Back to top Go down
Axel's sister
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:58 pm

I used to hate it because my brother always played it so I couldn't watch tv.But then a watched him play for an hour and relized why it was so fun so I started playing but at that time I was horrible at video games so I stopped playing.Then I played T twilight Princess and for some reason I was good at that.After about a month I tried playing it again and then I loved it!
Back to top Go down
WyvernGS
Khezu

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code: 3926-4380-9866
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:58 am

I bought the first one because I needed a new game and it looked fun on the box. My suspicions were accurate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Today at 6:58 pm

Back to top Go down

what was your first experience with monster hunter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next