Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

what was your first experience with monster hunter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
laoshanicrus
Najarala

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is to talk about what and who introduced you to the monster hunter series and what were you playing before.my first taste of mh was from a girl at my local gamestore she said she recomended it for psp she said its her favorite rpg and from then on I've been addicted
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 35

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:16 am

I bought my PSP and the first Monster Hunter Portable after watching the trailer, it was one of the PSP launch titles.

(yep THIS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l6dJifZoaI made me buy my PSP)
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:16 am

A friend from highschool introduced it to me he described it in a lot of detail it sounded like it would be a fun game. Soon after I went to gamestop and bought and became addicted back in 2007. I honestly don't remember what I was playing before monster hunter was never really a gamer until playing monster hunter.
Back to top Go down
rubinek
Popo

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:16 pm

All I remember is that I was strolling through my local electronics shop and when I arrived at PS2 section I saw this game with a huge monster head on it. I thought about buying it, but decided not to. Fast forward to Christmas this same year, my gradma asks me what I would like for a present. I was like "errrrrr" and then I recalled this game. So 24 of December of 2005 I became a happy Monster Hunter owner, yay.

I naturally sucked at playing it. I thought the controls were ass and character lags were annoying, but I got used to them after playing a while. Picked up a Bowgun early and soon came to the conclusion that it is totally awesome! (both the weapon and the game of course, heheh) I was doing quite well with the early quests and the Dromes, but then I took an arrow to the knee hit the wall called "Yian Kut-ku". I WAS STUCK ON THIS BITCH FOR MONTHS. But when I finally managed to kill him, I was completely ecstatic. :D I even made his armor to celebrate my victory, haha.

I think I played until 4 star quests when I hit another wall with the 2 Rath Eggs transporting quest. Never picked it up since then... now I'm sad because I didn't even beat this awesome game. /sad/ I plan to do so once I defeat Deviljho and Alatreon in Tri though. /yes/ Better late than never.
Back to top Go down
Kholdstare
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:56 am

The first time I saw this game/heard about it, was in my anime club in high school. There were these 2 guys were sitting in a corner playing it and looked like they were having a blast (expressions of rage and manliness flashing across their faces) so I ask what they're playing and they tell me "Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite" and they're even kind enough to let me see their psp's and walk around Pokke village (which I would NEVER let some random person do today). But because I had never heard of it, I wasn't interested (and the slow movement in the village was a total turn off since I didn't know about the sprint button). I the came to be a friend those two cool cats, and one day one of them dropped an old memory stick and said I could have it when I tried to give it back. I went home and popped it into my psp feeling confident in something (not sure what) and found the mhf2 iso in the game folder (my psp had been given to me by my uncle so I hadn't known that the game appearing was a result of hacking)

I started a profile and tried out all the cool weapons. The ones that really stuck were the Bows and Longswords. I remember getting stuck on the Giadrome because I had misinterpreted what the training school instructor had said about monsters regenerating health when they leave an area to sleep, I had thought he said they regenerate full health when they leave an area xD

so once I had learned that, I found killing monsters pretty easy, that is until I met the rathian, which was when I started clusting xD taking 50 wyvern claws and 50 bone husk s and just continuously combining and reloading clust lvl 2s.

then one day my uncle took back the psp /sad/

then a year later I got my own with MHFU!! I got up to i think the 6 stare village elder quests? or the cats first level with the hypnoc... not sure, never made it to akantor but definitely fought narga. Then my tyrannical step dad smashed my psp with mhfu inside it, in the palm of his hand, like a leaf in autumn. /versad/

then I saw Tri and bugged my grandma at age 16 until she bought it for me, and I learned how to actually play with skills!

Thanks Grammy!! /yes/
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:35 am

I first saw my cousin playing Monster Hunter Freedom, and i had a try of it, i got killed by the 3 Velociprey but i still liked playing it, so i got it for myself and have played monster hunter games since then.
I got really good at them, going from "OMG this Yian Kut-ku is evil! i don't wanna fight that again." to "Well, time to go hunt a Plesioth."
Still hate that Gypceros quest on Freedom, 5 Bullfango in like every zone and when i kill the 5 Bullfango the Gypceros flies off to another Bullfango zone.
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:58 am

@Quentin wrote:
I read about it in Ctrl Alt Dlt and thought it looked cool

Exactly the same, when I saw Ethan attack the chair and carve it, I was like, sweet Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Hey, this seems like it would be better in the MH general talk section of the forum so i am going to move it over there
Back to top Go down
Blair H
Melynx

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:07 pm

Well, when I had my old PSP I was browsing a game store when I came across MHF.
From looking at the cover I fell in love with it later moving on to play MHFU Then my PSP broke (corrupting my data stick) I so fecking annoyed. Hundreds of hours of hunting were just erased. I stopped paying attention to MH from then on. But one day I saw the advert for MH Tri and I was so damn happy!
So yeah, here I am! Still on Tri!

PS. Am I allowed to swear on here? It's a bit annoying needing to correct my self whenever
I do. Thanks! (:
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:01 pm

@Blair H wrote:
Well, when I had my old PSP I was browsing a game store when I came across MHF.
From looking at the cover I fell in love with it later moving on to play MHFU Then my PSP broke (corrupting my data stick) I so fecking annoyed. Hundreds of hours of hunting were just erased. I stopped paying attention to MH from then on. But one day I saw the advert for MH Tri and I was so damn happy!
So yeah, here I am! Still on Tri!

PS. Am I allowed to swear on here? It's a bit annoying needing to correct my self whenever
I do. Thanks! (:

Lol, don't worry you can swear time to time, as long as it's appropriate. Like "that fuckin los cheapshotted me." Just don't be abusive to other members like "**** you man."

Things like that ;)
Back to top Go down
zeek
Melynx

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:00 am

My father who I hadn't seen in over 5 years took me to the game store.
I spotted the cover of Monster Hunter Freedom, read the back of the box and been hooked ever since.
/versad/ Such a lovely story!..

Then I bought another copy for my friend so we could both play together.
Still my favourite game concept ever!

Not touched Frontier or Tri yet, prefer handheld consoles.
Back to top Go down
ThatguyMatt98
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:25 pm

Prepare for a long story!

After buying my first PSP a couple of years ago I was looking in a Game store when I happened to spot Freedom 2 (the cover of the game catching my eye) on the shelves. After debating whether I should buy it or not for weeks, I finally bought it.

When I first played it I was shit! I couldn't defeat the guild hall HR1 giadrome. I didn't touch the village quests because one a-hole ( Tigrex ) scared me off. So I stopped playing for a while. I even thoght about trading it in, but after a few begginer training quests I began to get better and better. I crapped myself killing my first tigrex.

We spent days trying to buy a copy for my brother who had also gotten into the series.
Then I saw Freedon Unite on the shelves (it was released ages ago then). We bought two copies and after countless hours of quests we're now in G-rank lvl 1.

As for Tri my brother got that for Christmas. Didn't really want it during first release as I was busy with Freedom Unite.
Back to top Go down
EliteHunter_101
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:10 pm

My friend has MHFU 3 years ago. He let me play and I thought this game is awesome!!! I fought in the training school....... I got beat up by a Kut Ku.......
Back to top Go down
Edsain
Melynx

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:09 pm

i read about it (tri) in a magazine and....
the next day my father asked me if i knew that game with the blue dragon on it. i wasnt understanding what he was getting to but i said what it was and he offered to buy it to me.
thats the moment of my life in which nothing made any sense but got me into the series.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:55 pm

MHFU

It was christmas and I was looking at decent games for my PSP, I came across MHFU and bought that, glad I did.

Then I got into Tri and I've spent 1000+ hours on it now.

Waiting to do the same with Ultimate, which I will get for the Wii U.

Before hand I was a bit of a randomized gamer, I could never focus on a timeline or a franchise of some sort, I just played random games 'til the end.

When I first got MHFU I sucked ***** at it!! I couldn't kill a Giadrome!

Now I can do speed runs for a bunch of elder dragons.
Back to top Go down
Rowiehz
Melynx

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:31 am

When Tri was announced for Europe, my boyfriend sent me a trailer of the game because I liked dangerous looking monsters and he knew it was good because he played it on the PSP before. I got interested immediately and bought Tri a little while after it released. And from there I became a big Monster Hunter fan (:
Back to top Go down
http://rowiehz.tumblr.com/
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 30

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:39 am

I got a PSP to play a FF title which I don't quite recall now. I was a huge RPG fan, and was turned off by things such as "hack n slash" titles. But a good friend of mine said, we HAVE to play this game together, it is awesome, and he bought me a copy.

He had good armor and had already ranked up a bit, and I only wanted to play to help him along at first, and so I decided, let me just get a ranged weapon (bowgun) and do some extra damage while he does all the work.

After some quests doing the 2 Yian Kut-kut for its armor, we went to fight a Congolala... I was hooked! I was always at a distance doing my damage, when the this pink monkey just stopped smacking my friend, and jumped clear across the swamp to land on me! Hell, now it was personal!

Fast forward and I have put several hundred hours into multiple MH games, and have enjoyed every moment of it... even the frustrations, and the just plain FAIL moments that want you to break the PSP/Vita.

Then one day I decided to check out the MHwiki forums to see what the community thought, and learned about Ad-Hoc, and my MH life was complete :cheers:

Now, I can't wait for the new MH games to be released, and really looking forward to even more hours of hunting with fellow players.
Back to top Go down
kpxtreame
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:55 am

my first experience was when i went round a friends house to study, and he said wait i minute, i walked in and saw him and 3 friends online taking down a jhen-mhoran

as soon as i saw this, i ad to get tri, now me and him hunt, and it is great fun. Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:25 am

A friend introduced me into MHFU four years back. I really got into it when I saw Monster Hunter for the PS2 a couple of years back, and it was about 20, so I thought "Why not?" and bought it. I was stuck at the Gypceros.
Then I got MHF for the PSP. I started playing with my friend again, and the furthest we got was the Yian Garuga and one Diablos.
Somewhere between that and MHFU, I bought Tri, but I felt it was too different and just left it there.
Then a year or so back...MHFU! This is when I really got deep into the series. Nowadays I'm HR8, stuck at the Terra Shogun Ceanataur with my friend for its armour and having plenty of fun either way.
Then I lost some interest in the PSP a few months ago and decided to go for Tri. All it took was some getting used to with the new varieties of monsters, and the fact that it was a completely different region (unlike Pokke and Kokoto, which share several monsters).
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
PAiN---
Rathian

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:20 pm

I was on the bus with a friend of mine playing PSP, and saw he was playing MH. I asked him what the story was about, he said there is no story, u just kill dragons and make armor and weapons out of them. he also had the ps2 version. i went out that day after school and bought me a copy for ps2. been playing ever since!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what was your first experience with monster hunter   Today at 5:03 am

Back to top Go down

what was your first experience with monster hunter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2