Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Hunting Journal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
rubinek
Popo

Thank you Points : 3

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Killed Jhen for the very first time! A very nice Australian player named Selena helped me actually become useful (lol) and the two hunts we did went very smoothly. Got another EDG and two ElderDragonBloods. I'll soon be able to make a Jhen+ armor, although I still don't know where I can get the Conqueror Seals or whatever they are called. Time to head on to MH wiki i guess /yes/

Also, some other guy we did the hunt with told me that only Long Swords and Great Swords are good on Jhen. I asked him why, but he didn't really want to elaborate (no keyboard I presume). I didn't have any Dragon or Ice LS/GS so I was quickly relegated to operating cannons and ballista (see above). Can anyone explain? I read Jhen Mohran wiki page thoughtfully and there is nothing that says "this and this weapon sucks for reasons X and Y, don't use it", so I'm rather confused.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Quentin
Rajang

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:14 am

Ultimate Jaggi, I will be on from about 2:30 4:30-5 ish, just saying
Back to top Go down
Koma
Popo

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:10 am

Last night was rife with fails on my part; I met up with Sapphire again in a Rathalos city, though it was a half-hearted choice, since I couldn't find any Bari rooms that didn't empty as soon as I entered. So, we went and started another city for Bari. To which, we had the strangest and most predictable customers to.

We had one guy who left immediately after entering, the same guy who we suspected was planning on leeching from the day before, and after a bit of waiting, where I think we almost went and did it with just the two of us, someone finally came that actually wanted to fight Bari. (this is all likely going to be out of sequence, heh)

The first thing that did happen though, was my sister started choking near the beginning of a quest, so I had to jump up and make sure she was okay. Of course, stupid me didn't bring a Farcaster, so I quickly ran off to another area while I jumped up to make sure she was okay. Turns out I'd been poisoned (so Gigginox decided to show up in the area I ran to), knocked back IN to the area where Barioth was fighting everyone and likely almost got killed, were it not for Sapphire's supremely amazing supportability keeping me alive. The fight went without incident after that, though Sapphire's potion count was depleted by quest's end, because I didn't fully fully prepare.

After that failure on my part, several fights went unhindered with such errors, and we actually did some really quick runs on Bari with some randoms. Sadly, good things must come to an end, though; during a double Bari run, I ended up getting cornered, stunned and promptly spammed by the two Barioth, which led to my carting and also ended up getting someone else carted, I believe. We ended up abandoning that run, due to the KOs being so early in the hunt, and we ended up getting in an actual hunt after that where no one failed.

I think it was around this time where a creepy guy ended up stumbling into the city, and he seemed to ask all sorts of questions as though he was on a dating site, or something. (his reaction to seeing three female characters was "Girls!!!" as though he couldn't believe it and after that, asking everyone's age, etc.) We poked a little fun at him, and the random that was with us before had a little jab before she left. Sapphire evidenced her superior observational skills when compared to the average person and the fact that the creepy random can't seem to read, and we had a little chuckle out of that one while we were going between areas on a quest.

But it was when a Deviljho showed up in the city that everything started going downhill. I carted twice the next run we did in spectacularly pathetic fashion, getting caught out several times with Bari's ice blast and consequently taking a Barioth spike to the face, and then towards the end against the other Barioth (it was the double quest again), getting landed on after I was trying to set a trap after I could confirm Gigginox was leaving.

It felt weird getting direction from a monster, but I couldn't fault him in his observations; my hammertime that night was over, and I needed something with a shield if I wanted to carry on hunting. The next Bari quest pretty much went without incident after I took up the SnS set I'd got my hands on. It kinds felt a little weird using it over the hammer and lance, but I at least took far fewer hits. Another random came, and we set out on another quest-- only this time, the randoms got disconnected, leaving me and Sapphire to take care of the Barioth. Given that I was using a status weapon at the time, it took a while to actually kill it, but we got through it. Though next time, I'm going to make sure I don't end up getting knocked about as much as I did then.

It was nice to hunt with you again, Sapphire-- hopefully next time, I won't be having such a horrific day. xD;
Back to top Go down
Palas
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:19 pm

Been offline only since my modem got busted for some reason I can't seem to understand. This means I got filthy rich recently. On top of that, I'm FEELING rich because I get so bored I go fishing. Fishing. It almost hurts to say such a word.

Got myself some Scatterfish, sure, but for Christ sake I need my Internet back.
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Made my rathling+ frame and fully upgraded it after only two rounds of online Rathalos, getting the ruby from his face break chance... well, not that I'm complaining. So, with that done I moved onto Bari to get the stock. After going into one room and fighting Bari with a bunch of decent randoms, they eventually split up (Me carting once a quest might have done it, but that was b/c of the demonic blessing I can't get rid of on my armor). I find another room full of people doing double bari, but they offer to do single so I can join them. I do, and get a bunch of bari parts before I need to go, but unfortuantely no wyvern stones. Thinking I'll just go fight Agnaktor for some, since it's 19% chance with beak and back broken with cap expert giving 3 rewards. Although, it might pay to hunt the stones from diablos and work on it's armor/gun parts too. Going to hit the HR cap anyways, may as well. Don't want to do Ala till I have my gun fully put together.

...in a side note, I got a rusted sword and shield from a quest reward rustshard today, and crit draw +7/status-10 charm. Not that I'll use it as a gunner, but eh, maybe I'll expand the horizens on the char after I get all gunner stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:10 pm

finally got my headless helios set which has
HG earplugs
sharpness+1
and crit draw
with my devils crush (P) i plan to kill some alatreons to get my ls
im getting really lucky with sapphires, rubies, plates, etc.
so i hope i see some of you guys/girls on for some ala runs
Back to top Go down
Ugthorf
Yian Kut-Ku

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:35 am

After making a few sales of surplus parts, I passed the point where I became confident I would never dip below 3 million zenny ever again. So I felt like wasting money, which meant offline clusting time. I clusted the gigginox repeatedly, and ended up using up a lot of my "derp why'd I make this?" ammo too.

I didn't make a very big dent in my bone husk S/Wyvern Claw supply.

After that I popped online and waxed a few qurupecos. The last hunt was a crazy lucky cat hunt both subs completed, so I walked away with 20k. Soon I'll have my tropeco frame maxed out, won't do much for my clust damage, but there's always the pellet shot and freebie fire rounds.

Meanwhile, I'm 4 free hunts away from 3000 ludroth slain. And ludroth are gonna breed 2 days in a row now lol.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:48 pm

@Lagia818 wrote:
HG earplugs
sharpness+1
and crit draw

ooh meeee
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:21 pm

@Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
@Lagia818 wrote:
HG earplugs
sharpness+1
and crit draw

ooh meeee
be on in 30 min, and ill be on for a while
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:37 pm

got the adren god tali today...
TF CAPCOM
WHY MAKE PANTS AND A GAWD TALI
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:38 pm

did a ton of hunting with a lot of forumers
just need one more elderdragonblood to finish my ls
i figured out a ls/gs/hammer set:
earplugs
sharpness+1
focus
evasion +1
but the materials are so rare, itll take me a month to finish.
first of all, i need to go los plate hunting again, for 2 -_-
then dome devijgho gems (2)
then a deepseadragongem Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:11 pm

@Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
TF CAPCOM
they made it just for you, lol
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:11 pm

finished my laggi+ gun armour (except for barrage) and my element gun. hunted with alot of forumers. Me and leon cut a los tail with guns. gunned some urra. decided to not talkin in full sentences
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:39 pm

@Lagia818 wrote:
@Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
TF CAPCOM
they made it just for you, lol

-_____________________________________________________-
Quentin, I tried to add you, but it said: "This player is not accepting friend requests, your request could not be sent."
>.>
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:54 pm

@Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
Quentin, I tried to add you, but it said: "This player is not accepting friend requests, your request could not be sent."
>.>

thats cuz i got to him before u 1st :P
Back to top Go down
Kholdstare
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:08 am

meh, didnt do much today, just went around dressed as a cross dressing super saiyan who wears invisible women's clothing... then me and some friends hunted ala while talking like we were in a war

Downed eagle: Mama bird, come in mama bird
Mama bird: Downed Eagle this is mama bird
Downed eagle: Mama bird I got a LBB+X70 on stand-by, requesting permission to attract the pretty pony for detonation.
Mama bird: Permission granted.

"quest complete"
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:21 am

i went offline and got a los plate from death of the sea and sky
i find it harder to geet great baggi hides now
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:30 am

@Leonhardt wrote:
@Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
>.>

thats cuz i got to him before u 1st :P
me too xP
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:04 pm

on my first ceadeus hunt in a while, i got a gem Yes by vort
then i spent a while killing a ton of g. baggis until i realized only high rank ones give g baggi hides Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
Palas
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:31 pm

@Lagia818 wrote:

Oh, I hate you. I've been doing the power on/off trick wearing Jaggi Mask and some other stuff for Great Luck, got Ultra Lucky Cat a couple times and shit... Results? The most valuable item I got was 1 (one) Luminous Organ. In three runs.
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Dear Diary

Last Night, I had what may have been the last hunt of my life with Kasumi. I'm selling my Wii soon, and with Capcom's behavior, our shores may never see Monster Hunter ever again.

R.I.P: Zxen...
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:48 pm

this is from a coouple days ago but i just remebered it. i was with leon and this guy named hunter entered and asked me to do land lords with him. i thought it was ultimate jaggi because i was being stupid so im like okkay. I chose sns and he chose ls. we set out on the quest and hes like brb gotta do the dishes. so he got back and i had killed barroth. then we did uraa and he just ran in circles while i killed it. i was like wtf dude halp and hes like im trying. then came jho. he ruined my slp boim by placeing a sbb on its head and it didnt fall asleep again. for the rest of the fight he hit jho twice and eventually i killed it. we got back it turns out hes a hr 45 random. and thats how i soloed land lords with sns and learned i cant tell stories worth crap.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:58 pm

@blackice wrote:
this is from a coouple days ago but i just remebered it. i was with leon and this guy named hunter entered and asked me to do land lords with him. i thought it was ultimate jaggi because i was being stupid so im like okkay. I chose sns and he chose ls. we set out on the quest and hes like brb gotta do the dishes. so he got back and i had killed barroth. then we did uraa and he just ran in circles while i killed it. i was like wtf dude halp and hes like im trying. then came jho. he ruined my slp boim by placeing a sbb on its head and it didnt fall asleep again. for the rest of the fight he hit jho twice and eventually i killed it. we got back it turns out hes a hr 45 random. and thats how i soloed land lords with sns and learned i cant tell stories worth crap.

I feel offended... How could you think that was me? ._.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:16 pm

cause ther name was hunter and i wasnt paying attention xD i was like wuts up with him today... ooooo
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:05 pm

@Palas wrote:
@Lagia818 wrote:

Oh, I hate you. I've been doing the power on/off trick wearing Jaggi Mask and some other stuff for Great Luck, got Ultra Lucky Cat a couple times and shit... Results? The most valuable item I got was 1 (one) Luminous Organ. In three runs.
whats wrong? does the fact that i've gotten 3 gems out of my 9 total kills make you mad?
lol, jk, i'm pretty lucky with ceadeus
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:09 pm

@Lagia818 wrote:
@Palas wrote:
@Lagia818 wrote:

whats wrong? does the fact that i've gotten 3 gems out of my 9 total kills make you mad?
lol, jk, i'm pretty lucky with ceadeus

ive gotten 3 gems in 2 kills, take that :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Today at 11:26 pm

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 41Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next