Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Hunting Journal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
rubinek
Popo

Thank you Points : 3

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Killed Jhen for the very first time! A very nice Australian player named Selena helped me actually become useful (lol) and the two hunts we did went very smoothly. Got another EDG and two ElderDragonBloods. I'll soon be able to make a Jhen+ armor, although I still don't know where I can get the Conqueror Seals or whatever they are called. Time to head on to MH wiki i guess /yes/

Also, some other guy we did the hunt with told me that only Long Swords and Great Swords are good on Jhen. I asked him why, but he didn't really want to elaborate (no keyboard I presume). I didn't have any Dragon or Ice LS/GS so I was quickly relegated to operating cannons and ballista (see above). Can anyone explain? I read Jhen Mohran wiki page thoughtfully and there is nothing that says "this and this weapon sucks for reasons X and Y, don't use it", so I'm rather confused.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Axel3
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:26 pm

Today i did ala sleep bomb with kama blackice and leonhart...
Before that we did uragaan, i finished my set!
then blackice left and i got monsterbroth
After that i did some los (1 los) and didnt get my plate D:
Then i had to leave
I did the los with kholdstare, and saw his epic hacks!!!
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:39 pm

@Axel3 wrote:
Today i did ala sleep bomb with kama blackice and leonhart...
Before that we did uragaan, i finished my set!
then blackice left and i got monsterbroth
After that i did some los (1 los) and didnt get my plate D:
Then i had to leave
I did the los with kholdstare, and saw his epic hacks!!!
awww i wanna see spic hax Sad by vort cept the ones bari does i dont like those hax
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
Axel3
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:46 pm

He hit a los with one sleep bullet and it fell asleep, again, and again...
Then he used a knockout bullet, 1 hit knockout...
And i did the glitch where u do a gesture then warp to someone in your city, and u walk and do gestures at the same time...
Not really a hack just a glitch
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:58 pm

did a dozen los's today, with no plates Sad by vort
i'll just get it offline in death of the sea and sky.
i upgraded to my alatreon metamorph with a spare gem.
then i made my helios+ helm with a spare gem.
but i swear, when trying to get lagi horn+ and los plates, i've gotten 2 sappires (one from tail, one from regular reward) and 5 rubies
Back to top Go down
Ugthorf
Yian Kut-Ku

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:37 am

It was an eclectic weekend.

Friday I tried the bari/aggy arena, and failed hard. resigned, I finished out my peco frame. Strange thing was a person entered name doofuss, female toon. enters, leaves, enters again, solos, leaves, then enters when I'm in city, we kill a peco, then it's late night for me.

Saturday, hmm. I killed my 3000th ludroth finally, then I wanted to experiment with harpoon. I accidentally killed some sharks with my anguish until I started kickslapping them. For the longest time I thought harpoonable tuna were a myth, but recently my wife was freehunting a ludroth and fish were dying three at a time. Well, THOSE were the harpoonable tuna, they swim counterclockwise in area 10 when ludorth are not breeding, 5 in the school at at time tops, unllimited respawn near as I can tell.

I killed at least 20 of them, also jellyfish and sharks for a total of 40 fish, and ended up with 21 fish finders in my reward box.

Late night I hunted Bari and finished my Sabertooth G.
then I found a ludroth room and finished my Ludroth frame
then I decided to collect a few rare scarabs. I made a bug catching room.

After I actually get my scarabs, a randie joins. he want scarabs, so I confirm them are found in volcano. so I roll the uruktor with him. then Kersest and Bear join my room.

LOL full bug catching room.
We do double trouble urgent and then cap a lagi.

after that I felt compelled to remind Kersest &Bear they were in a bug room, which meant the randies they got would be very strange&confused when they entered,
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:02 am

Got some surprise time online today, but I'm not complaining.
Went online and got leather armor with jaggi mask on to get bathycite ore for the stock I need, took me four runs through the free hunt because I only got one second and third time... figures I get four on the fourth, when I only needed one more. Such a tease.
Well, after that I figure I'd go and do some double agna to try and get the wyvern stones. I throw together my element gunning set and equip it for water, before going to find a room. Despite there being nearly 900 rooms, only a few turned up agna. Guess all the pros were already in 4 man teams. I go into one and try to do a quest with a guy with full helios+ without demonic blessing gemmed out. I figured that it wouldn't be too bad... well, two failed quests and one with only sub complete later, I finally decide to tell him to gem it out. He instead switches to partial Agna armor... I figure it's better than what he had, even with 0 usable skills since he was using switchaxe now, since I knew what demonic blessing can do. We try again, but two people cart again and we finish via sub to avoid failure... me and the only other decent hunter then leave, and I find another room just as my time runs out. I manage to get one quest in with that room, albeit a single agna quest... and the only one that carts is me, after getting careless with rapid fire water and getting hit with agna's laser (Moxie saved me... except from the burn damage. Fail.). Well, we still end by capturing it and lo and behold... Wyvern stone! 1/2 already! I must be missing some key quests, since I'm HR50 and no urgent, but that can wait till later. Still need to find another wyvern stone, and monday is my closest period that I know I'll be able to play in.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:35 am

Hunted wif YVZ and KANADE!

That is all Yes by vort.

Oh, one more thing. When i logged on, Binder, Andrew. and Sapphire were with yvz....so i was liek "one of you leave ^^". Then sapphire left....i hope coincidence? /scar/
Back to top Go down
Andrew.
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:25 am

She left on request win :P

yep, also hunted with yvz and kanade last night Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Koma
Popo

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:07 am

Had a fun Saturday. Well...

Had a few runs with Barioth... and by a few, I mean like two dozen or so. I piled them on until I got enough Tusk+ to complete one of the two sets of armour I was making, so now I have Bari+ Gunner armour full, with just the Vambraces to go for the Blademaster.

Some of the runs were decent, though there were a few carters when we ran them. From last time, I decided to run the SnS, because I felt pretty comfortable doing so now that I'd had some experience with it the last time I fought. There was only ever one near-fail while I was hunting Barioth; this one guy got pretty unlucky with his positioning, and Bari spammed the living daylights out of him twice. It all ended well enough, though. I switched to the hammer for a short time while taking on Barioth quests.

Of worthy note, when I started, the first people that joined in were Morpheus Knife-wielders. Very impatient Morpheus Knife-wielders. There was a lot of collateral damage in those runs, because they kept prematurely blowing up the Barrel Bombs.

Did a couple Arena runs with one guy against Qurupeco and then Lagiacrus; he died twice against Lagiacrus, and neither run gave out a fast enough time for S. I did run Gunner against Peco and managed to avoid getting hit once, though. Which is an achievement for me, lol

I probably jumped the gun a little, since I think I may have done the Arena quests with someone in a Lagiacrus city I joined, but I honestly can't remember. It was probably the Bari city, because we were waiting to see if anyone would join us.

Anyway, after getting fed up of Barioth, I decided to try for some Horn+ from Lagiacruss, because I was starting to really want the Lagi + Blademaster armour for Awaken. Y'see, I'd forged Sinister Saints not long before deciding to go for Lagi, so I thought I'd gain full advantage of the weapon and get its untapped potential awakened. It was in these runs that one really annoying guy came along. He was exactly the kind of guy I hated in these games, barking orders off all the time... I was very matter-of-fact with him when he started telling people to bring traps and other random stuff, and he was probably the most inefficient hunter I'd come across.

After I think one run with this guy, he started telling people what weapon to bring to the fight. What really boiled me over was that he started calling one of the other hunters in the room a noob because they didn't have a hammer. I would have left it at just saying they can use what they want, but whenever someone uses a word that better describes themselves, I just can't help myself. I just have to challenge their idiotic logic.

It was during this hunt that he actually showed how inefficient he was. He would practically throw himself into everyone's super pounds (I was running hammer before and couldn't be bothered to change, since everyone else was running bladed weapons), and promptly complain about them hitting him, stating that he "wasn't Lagiacrus." Its these kinds of situations that are the reason why I never run a hammer when someone else is packing one. saves all this childish whining about who hits who, even if it was obviously by accident.

After prattling about a little more, Lagi went to 4, fought a little more, raged and went back to 5. He didn't lethargically go back to 5; he just swam there normally. So the guy asks if he could be Capped yet. Which was a bit of a head-scratcher. I commented on how it would be obvious when he's ready, and the guy said, "No it isn't!" Seriously, it seemed like he was fighting Lagi for the first time-- and this was running in High Rank! I'll admit the first couple of times I fought Lagi, I wasn't sure when to capture him, but after I'd watched his movements, it became clear when the time was.

Oh... and he almost died several times during the hunt, too.

After that, he tried getting everyone to run Bari, but the other two left and I told him that it was a Lagi city and I wanted Horn+, so I intended on continuing to hunt Lagi. I went to do some forging (I forget what it was, but it wasn't a Lagi + piece; I was two Horn+ away from the Lagi + helmet) and when I came back, two more people joined the city, and I started up another Lagi quest. I asked if he was coming, and he said no, and left. Hopefully I don't happen across the guy, again...

Did a few more Lagi hunts that went well, learned that the Advanced quest is the better one to do because of the Horns reward and managed to pick up two more Horn+ for the helmet, making me a happy hunter! I upgraded the armour as far as I could get it, but I'm short on about 5 Heavy Armor Spheres to finish it off, but I'd had enough hunting for one night-gone-Sunday-morning, and decided to do some finishing touches to the set offline before calling it a... morning. I gemmed and Charmed in Attack Up (M) and Speed Sharpening because I couldn't think of anything else to put onto the set. (I was looking at Sharpness + 1, but Lagi + slots are insufficient for it and I don't have Jho Gems to spare, nor a Handicraft charm handy) Did a few offline runs for Commendations because I'd finally found Epitaph(!) and finally, to end the morning, I went into Moga Woods with Sinister Saints and Lagi + armour to play around a little. =D

I forgot one little detail, though; during the Lagi hunts before that one annoying guy came into the city, I had a Capture Lagi run with three randoms. One of them said "Cap", so we all stopped attacking and one of the others set a trap. The guy who said "Cap" carried on fighting, and ended up killing Lagi. I don't think anyone was impressed, especially since one of them opened conversation in the city with "..."
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:18 am

I hunted on Friday with blackice, leonhardt and someone else from the forum I can't remember, anyway those guys helped me get to hr 39 and my urgent, blackice left to go hunt with hunter, me and Leo went on me urgent, while we were doing it my dad decided to be all trollololol and cut off our internet for "family fun time" I'm sorry for the abandonment Leon,anyway itseems blackice and Leon are lucky charms because I now have 3 ian plates and 2 rubies
Back to top Go down
bill_the_noob
Bnahabra

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): France

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:24 am

hunted with the famous Kasumi, while she was in the EU; last time we met was maybe 7 or 8 months ago lol
we just killed one ala and butchered a los and then she was gone Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:35 am

@Quentin wrote:
I hunted on Friday with blackice, leonhardt and someone else from the forum I can't remember, anyway those guys helped me get to hr 39 and my urgent, blackice left to go hunt with hunter, me and Leo went on me urgent, while we were doing it my dad decided to be all trollololol and cut off our internet for "family fun time" I'm sorry for the abandonment Leon,anyway itseems blackice and Leon are lucky charms because I now have 3 ian plates and 2 rubies

Whenever I'm on it seems everyone leaves ppl for me XD
srry bout that lol
Back to top Go down
Kholdstare
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:39 am

@Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
@Quentin wrote:

Whenever I'm on it seems everyone leaves ppl for me XD
srry bout that lol

/versad/
Back to top Go down
Kasumi
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:30 pm

@bill_the_noob wrote:
hunted with the famous Kasumi, while she was in the EU; last time we met was maybe 7 or 8 months ago lol
we just killed one ala and butchered a los and then she was gone Yes by vort

oooh so it was you XDD

i only know you're from the forum LOL

but yay! was nice hunting with you again (^_^)/

----------------------------------------------------------------

oh and did a few EU runs yesterday again :o

when i'm online i saw yvz was on and with full room hahaha :P

so i decided to wait in a seperate room and solo stuff and stuffs

got my US hammer set re-done in EU and organized my set a little

then got a bunch of new charms as well as a bunch of lazurites O.ob

then i searched for yvz again and he was still a full room so i searched for others

only saw Koma..... and in a full room xD

so then i was going to change back to US then yvz suddenly haz two spots open so i warp LOL

and BAM there is yvz and Kanade o.o"

i sticked with them for the rest of my day ^^;

and wow they still hunt monsters like pokemons LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Florenz
Rajang

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:22 pm

and here i was thinkin noone still played in the eu...
perhaps i should boot my wii up again...
Back to top Go down
Kasumi
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:03 pm

@Florenz wrote:
and here i was thinkin noone still played in the eu...
perhaps i should boot my wii up again...

oh you never kno!! XDDD
Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:01 pm

How u play on the EU if your server is US?
Oh you probably got it (forgot the name its like softcopied i think?)
Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:11 pm

Sorry for double posting...
Today i did stuff...
Then i did some ala with randies and someone else i think j dubs
But then after everyone left i was gunning ala with randies (good ones though)
And it was almost dead but we only broke 1horn, so i was like aaaaagggggghhhhh!!!!
And i shot a pierce s lvl 2 at the face and the horn broke. Everyone was like good job!
Then i shot it with a pierce s lvl 3, it dies!!!!
Then i had to leave D:
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:13 pm

@Andrew. wrote:
She left on request win :P

yep, also hunted with yvz and kanade last night Yes by vort

Am i a horrible person? I was about to go search for another party..

Sapphire....sorry? /sad/
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:29 am

@Axel3 wrote:
Sorry for double posting...
Today i did stuff...
Then i did some ala with randies and someone else i think j dubs
But then after everyone left i was gunning ala with randies (good ones though)
And it was almost dead but we only broke 1horn, so i was like aaaaagggggghhhhh!!!!
And i shot a pierce s lvl 2 at the face and the horn broke. Everyone was like good job!
Then i shot it with a pierce s lvl 3, it dies!!!!
Then i had to leave D:

Pierce is terrible on ala D:
Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:41 pm

That makes it even more epic!!!
Also this supposedly "good" randie tells me to pierce the wings, i didnt feel like using crag s lvl 3 and i ran out of it

So then what is the best option?
Should i status gun?
Back to top Go down
crovis
Felyne

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:43 pm

dear journal, from the last 3 days I keep DCing, getting errors 11625,11669, 11668, and no online hunts, Im tired of farming Royal Ludroth offline for dash juices...

I hope the mainteance on the internet cables im my city end soon /versad/ /versad/ /versad/
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:47 pm

@Axel3 wrote:
That makes it even more epic!!!
Also this supposedly "good" randie tells me to pierce the wings, i didnt feel like using crag s lvl 3 and i ran out of it

So then what is the best option?
Should i status gun?
DA ONLEY WAYY TO BEET ALA ES CLUHSTEN OR YOU AER AH NOOB
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
Axel3
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:50 pm

BUT MY GUN CAN'T CLUST FOO!!!
AND I AM A FULL BLUWN NOOB U NOOB FOR CALLIN ME A NOOB WEN I KNOW IM A NOOB CUZ IMA NOOB AND U CALL ME NOOB WHEN I KNO IT NOOB CALLER!!!
JK

SHO THEN WUT IS A GOOD CLUSTIN GUN FOO NOOB CALLER!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:29 pm

@Axel3 wrote:
BUT MY GUN CAN'T CLUST FOO!!!
AND I AM A FULL BLUWN NOOB U NOOB FOR CALLIN ME A NOOB WEN I KNOW IM A NOOB CUZ IMA NOOB AND U CALL ME NOOB WHEN I KNO IT NOOB CALLER!!!
JK

SHO THEN WUT IS A GOOD CLUSTIN GUN FOO NOOB CALLER!?!?!?

its mutsu or mutsu+ set with rath+/agna or rath+/agna gun
and when u gun ala u usually either clust, status, or element him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Today at 1:26 pm

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 41Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next