Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Hunting Journal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
AuthorMessage
rubinek
Popo

Thank you Points : 3

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Killed Jhen for the very first time! A very nice Australian player named Selena helped me actually become useful (lol) and the two hunts we did went very smoothly. Got another EDG and two ElderDragonBloods. I'll soon be able to make a Jhen+ armor, although I still don't know where I can get the Conqueror Seals or whatever they are called. Time to head on to MH wiki i guess /yes/

Also, some other guy we did the hunt with told me that only Long Swords and Great Swords are good on Jhen. I asked him why, but he didn't really want to elaborate (no keyboard I presume). I didn't have any Dragon or Ice LS/GS so I was quickly relegated to operating cannons and ballista (see above). Can anyone explain? I read Jhen Mohran wiki page thoughtfully and there is nothing that says "this and this weapon sucks for reasons X and Y, don't use it", so I'm rather confused.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Yuki
Rajang

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:55 pm

@VAlien12 wrote:
@Yuki wrote:
I can maybe help you depending at what time you play. I need the practice anyways.

Thanks! "The Brilliant Darkness" doesn't even appear on my quest list yet.. was playing on the dude's that bailed, lol. However, you can add me as a friend on there! My Hunter ID recently changed when I switched from Wii to Wii U, so I will get back to you with it as soon as possible!

I only get to hunt about once or twice a week during the day, due to my work schedule, but I'm always willing to rank up and upgrade everything! I'm mainly trying to upgrade my SwAxes and get Barioth+ armor!

Just leave me an inbox of when you are available I do not mind helping. Just let me know your time zone.
Back to top Go down
VAlien12
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:33 am

@E&Troy wrote:
I'm always willing to help anybody that might want it. I assume you play on the US servers and not the EU since you are from the USA? Also, I don't mind helping forum members grind monsters till they get their parts they need. TBH I don't mind helping people grind that aren't on the forum. :D What's your characters name and when would you be able to hunt VAlien12?

EDIT - Also, welcome to the forum. /yes/

SECOND EDIT - Just got an Avatar! (from the list of avatars you can chose from on this forum)

My character's name is Venus. Hopefully I'll be able to hunt tomorrow and Thursday. Will let you know! I also still have to write down my new Hunter ID.

Btw, letting you know that I seem to get that darn Communication Error at times, especially when I'm doing a Rath quest, lol. I was hunting with these fun dudes who called themselves Cheese and Ragnarok the other day, and I got the error, but did not have time to get back on to let them know what happened!
Back to top Go down
VAlien12
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:39 am

@Yuki wrote:
@VAlien12 wrote:
@Yuki wrote:
I can maybe help you depending at what time you play. I need the practice anyways.

Thanks! "The Brilliant Darkness" doesn't even appear on my quest list yet.. was playing on the dude's that bailed, lol. However, you can add me as a friend on there! My Hunter ID recently changed when I switched from Wii to Wii U, so I will get back to you with it as soon as possible!

I only get to hunt about once or twice a week during the day, due to my work schedule, but I'm always willing to rank up and upgrade everything! I'm mainly trying to upgrade my SwAxes and get Barioth+ armor!

Just leave me an inbox of when you are available I do not mind helping. Just let me know your time zone.

Thanks! Will do, and my time zone is EST!
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:44 am

@VAlien12 wrote:
My character's name is Venus. Hopefully I'll be able to hunt tomorrow and Thursday. Will let you know! I also still have to write down my new Hunter ID.

What time tomorrow will you be able to get on?
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:19 am

@Lalo wrote:

Oto just goes online when someone calls him
Spoiler:

@Valien: I think the odds are I will be on thursday more so than tomorrow. So just do the same as yuki mentioned, inbox me what time & ID & stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
kama
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:12 am

Went on today to explore then unknown world and it seem the W.E. event still trouble a lot of hunter these days. I attempt it with randoms group and chance of failure ish High. I solo it and i manage to finish is with 5 minutes to spare. On the side note, it is rare to see status gunners these day. they are in demand from what I been observing.

*Welcome VAlien12 to the forum btw. hopefully ill run into you before the server is down....
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:44 pm

@kama wrote:
Went on today to explore then unknown world and it seem the W.E. event still trouble a lot of hunter these days. I attempt it with randoms group and chance of failure ish High. I solo it and i manage to finish is with 5 minutes to spare. On the side note, it is rare to see status gunners these day. they are in demand from what I been observing.

*Welcome VAlien12 to the forum btw. hopefully ill run into you before the server is down....

I was on yesterday. Never got message you or anything. I managed to get a group of piercers amazingly though to do the World Eater Event.
Back to top Go down
VAlien12
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:52 pm

Had a fun hunting day!! Sorry for those darn Communication Errors that kicked me out, especially during the Adv. Laggi quest!! Lagiacrus

I had inbox on there from someone named Lalo. Sorry that I didn't get a chance to answer you! When I did, it said you went offline. cat

Well, I now have my MH ID written in my signature, so feel free to look me up an add me sometime. I should be able to hunt again on Thursday if I'm not too busy! Switch AXE

I'm hoping the Adv. Uragaan quest comes up! I need that Ruby!! Fire

Last edited by VAlien12 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:17 pm

@VAlien12 wrote:
I had inbox on there from someone named Lori, I believe.

Lalo*
Yeah, So it was you? I got disconnected afterwards lol
Back to top Go down
VAlien12
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:34 pm

@Lalo wrote:
@VAlien12 wrote:
I had inbox on there from someone named Lori, I believe.

Lalo*
Yeah, So it was you? I got disconnected afterwards lol

Haha, yuppy, 'twas me! /yes/ Sorry that I was unable to answer you at the time!

Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:08 pm

Lazlo look at you,
making friends.
im so proud of you buddy XP
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:23 pm

@Otoshimo wrote:
Lazlo look at you,
making friends.

Look who's talking
"I only have miku, Lazlo and yuki"
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:44 pm

@Lalo wrote:
@Otoshimo wrote:
Lazlo look at you,
making friends.

Look who's talking
"I only have miku, Lazlo and yuki"

aPhhhsh, 1st off thats not even what I said, " I pretty much only hunt with Yuki, Lazlo, & my sister."

2nd, Im forever alone and ok with that XP so doodoo on your logic.

well, anyways...
I tried using my 1st file again today. Boy is is so nerfed compared to my new main >_> I have 3 exact same custom sets on both & the new one has like 3-4 skillz more DX.

New goal now: Catch up to my 1st file's HRP. Im exactly 17 Ranks away from that so. not too bad, gives me a reason to really go back on my own acculade now
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:23 pm

VAlien12, you don't have to place all your monster hunter info in your Signature. There is a spot for that in your profile. Back on topic, I hunted with 3 other forum members at one time for the first time ever, all of which were Sai, Lalo, and Kama. It was fun except that Lalo dc/ed pretty much right away. I also hunted with you, Valien12. Till you dc/ed as well. I also hunted with some high level randoms and we did the World Eater jho in 1:48 with 3 guys! :D
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:27 pm

2 days ago hunted with a friend from my country, who still is novice (didn't even completed first star on single;). So i decided to show him the ropes. Told him to buy full leather and equip SnS. Than we did some first star online - Lud, Peco, Big Jaggi etc. Show him how to stun kelbi's and collect horns. It was pretty fun and he did quite ok. Moreover he find using bowgun easy which suprised me. After few hours we did some arena - Ura, than ian.

Yesterday did some WE with few hi rank piercers. Actually, i did 35 of them to be accurate. Because i main GS, i was looking for godly tali crit draw+7, OO. On last run i get dragon crit draw+6, OO. Still pretty good imho. Also it's important to note i met a guy called Lei. We tried to 2p WE and we nearly did it in something like 2 min but fckin DC come and i called it a day.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:45 pm

Lei. I played with them two days ago. They were a lot of fun, and we're 3 man running the W.E. event in about 1:48. We even let another guy along who wanted to finish his Vangis armor. He was told to stay at base camp though. :D

EDIT - The two piercers, (me and another guy) were using adrenaline.
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code: 2852-7597-3150

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:42 am

Ugh... That moment when you just found the room you were looking for, and just when you're about to go off on a quest, your body quietly says, "hey..." Rage by sipax
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/109952126346148067866
Lalo
Gore Magala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:16 am

Having a chat with friends can be relaxing and even more fun than hunting sometimes, I sometimes regret not buying a keyboard on the early stages of tri...

Today was one of those days that made me remember why I still log on to tri since 2010
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:33 am

Today ended up being a pretty good day. I managed to get all of the Diablos coins that I need to make Guild+, so tomorrow starts the Sea Power runs. (Man, I am NOT looking forward to Land Lords at the end of the week... TrollJho )

I also did some mega ala with some friends. (not forum friends, sadly, but friends nonetheless.) It's nice to know that I still freakin' have it with hammering Alatreon. Although I don't know how well that'll translate into MH3U, at least while I get used to all his new attacks...

Also, one last note: I seriously need to get a Clust Gunning set. This chit just ain't cuttin' it...
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:18 am

Hunting with the same friend yesterday. Do Jump Four Jaggi, killed Peco in process. I tell him to make peco armor and replace his old leather. He run out of resources, so we did few more Peco. On one run peco summoned ian. <nicebonusrarematerials.jpg> I make him cap ready pretty easily, Peco as well. Than got disconnected. Fuuuuu. Friend didn't manage to kill it, don't even mention cap. Big fail. Than some more Peco. Got him cap ready - DC. wtf? Next, friend go sleep.

Than i hunt more with randoms. Found Jho city. Ask one girl to do 2p regular Jho. She was hr 80-90, don't remamber properly. She take some random ian, damascus mix armor with health+20. And fckin Black Harvest... i don't even give a damn. She forgot dung bombs, and although i lost 18 potions on her (got wide-range+2) she died 3 times. I lold.

And than comes best. We got back to city. She saw one other player. After like 2 seconds she demand doing World Eater with 3p. o_0 Same armor, same weapon. The other player was like hr 60, in low rank los and lagi GS. I asked "Do you think we are capable of killing it in this configuration?" she said "yessssss". I join for fun. Another thing to note is that they both bring only poison meat and spread it all over the place. After 20 min of healing them i quit. That's the best i could do for them.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
anduin55
Rhenoplos

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:36 am

Tonight is showing me both extreme ends of the spectrum...

So I start the night off looking for someone to join me in the arena; I need to do sea power and get some gobul, royal ludroth, AND hunter king coins. Eventually, someone walks in and we proceed to kick some ass. We're doing good, and on the last quest, I get a gobul coin, 2 royal ludroth coins, and a hunter king coin, giving me all the coins I need from all three. (all I need left to make guild+ and barrage earring is 10 deviljho coins... Here's to the weekend!) Satisfied with tonight, I ask if there's anything he wants to do. He has no objections. At that moment, some random runs in, posts her urgent ala, and say "help." Now, normally I would have brushed her off: after all, she was being discourteous, ad posted her urgent in a Gobul Arena town. But, since we were done and still wondering what to do next, we decided to help her out.
My god... I have never killed Alatreon so fast. 3:51. We murdered him so fast, I didn't get a chance to get all his carves! Impressed with our dynamic, we decided to start doing more quests. First we did Heroes Wanted [Advanced], and creamed both uragaans. (sadly, I didn't get an ura ruby, but at least on of the others did.) Then we did Cold Call... 3:21. I was using my GS set, and I only hit the monsters once, maybe twice each before they went down. We were feeling pretty good.
Then the switch happened.
First, some guy comes in and starts complaining about how we're not doing Flooded Forest Free-For-All. (mind you, we're still in my original "High, Gobul, ARENA" room.) But then he grudgingly joins us as the girl, who just became 51, selected Deep Six a Deviljho... As soon as we all start, the whiner immediately abandoned us. "Oh well," we thought, "we're pretty good on our own." then the other two faint in rapid succession, and just as I'm about to help the original guy out of a pin, he abandons and leaves the city. the girl and I still manage to kill jho, but as soon as we come back from the quest, she just leaves.
So I'm sitting around, figuring what I should do. I decide to go find some casual room where I can go stock up on Heavy Armor Spheres (oh which I have NONE, and I desperately need them.) So I go find this room with one guy on a quest and another one in the city. The one in isn't responding, but shortly after I arrive someone else comes in and we both decide to do Double Trouble. This guy must have had some bad connection issues, because the Raths were just all over the place, trampling us through jumps and charges. I, at one point, got stuck to the ground, where the two raths proceeded to dance (or maybe mate, it was hard to see with the camera angle)on top of my prone body, causing me to cart. We fail the quest. (not because of that, that one was number two, and my only cart.) After we come back, the other guy on a quest returns and they decide to do burnt offering. I join. the silent guy leaves.
Once again, the monsters keep jumping around, and these two guys are being so noobish. For one, they both brought longswords, and are tripping me up to perdition and back.they set traps down whenever they feel like it. They just break random body parts. THEY FAIL TRYING TO CAPTURE AGNAKTOR. But at least we managed to kill it. (it was a gold crown large, in case you're interested.) but then they both cart on uragaan, and we fail the quest.
They've both run off. Now I'm here alone, and frustrated. It was all going so well earlier, and I don't want to end the night on such a bad note. But I don't know what to do... Well, I'll still be on for awhile. I'll see if I can find any forumers and have some fun.

btw wall of text incoming.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:26 am

Stupid question but how fast were those arena times? Those runs seem ungodly fast
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:00 pm

@Yuki wrote:
Stupid question but how fast were those arena times? Those runs seem ungodly fast

We were averaging around 9-11 minutes. And yeah, those were ungodly fast. The alatreon one especially. For Cold Call, however, I feel a little better in assuming that it was legit: I delivered all the finishing blows myself.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:01 pm

Still three minutes for a cold call is very fast under normal circumstances even with high ranks shouldn't be 3 minutes unless all of you have great coordination. Same with alatreon the time is very close to that of a three man cluster run. I could be wrong but that girl that entered could have been playing a bit unfair. But how often can three complete starngers pull off a run that quickly?
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:49 pm

Me wonders why hammer users are using the side swing in the triplepound combo...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Today at 10:40 am

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next