Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Hunting Journal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
AuthorMessage
rubinek
Popo

Thank you Points : 3

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Killed Jhen for the very first time! A very nice Australian player named Selena helped me actually become useful (lol) and the two hunts we did went very smoothly. Got another EDG and two ElderDragonBloods. I'll soon be able to make a Jhen+ armor, although I still don't know where I can get the Conqueror Seals or whatever they are called. Time to head on to MH wiki i guess /yes/

Also, some other guy we did the hunt with told me that only Long Swords and Great Swords are good on Jhen. I asked him why, but he didn't really want to elaborate (no keyboard I presume). I didn't have any Dragon or Ice LS/GS so I was quickly relegated to operating cannons and ballista (see above). Can anyone explain? I read Jhen Mohran wiki page thoughtfully and there is nothing that says "this and this weapon sucks for reasons X and Y, don't use it", so I'm rather confused.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Enkidu
Melynx

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:44 am

Hi people, been a little while as I was having weird log in problems.

Been an interesting week here as we've been getting battered and flooded by an ex tropical cyclone, is weird being in the middle of something like that and still being able to hunt with people on the other side of the world.

Biggest news from me lately is I finally got Divine Exodus, after weeks of farming ancientshards I'd basically given up, then a few days ago some random asked if we'd do the advanced bari quest and got 1 ancientshard as a reward... freakin finally.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:10 am

@TKMT wrote:
Me wonders why hammer users are using the side swing in the triplepound combo...
More KO damage iirc, and does come out faster than standard pound.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:40 pm

Not on MH3 unless the ko damage animation was accidentally left out
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:23 pm

@Yamatsu wrote:

The side swing gives 0 KO in tri, and the extra quickness won't make up for the power being lost.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:12 pm

@It's meh wrote:
@Yamatsu wrote:

The side swing gives 0 KO in tri, and the extra quickness won't make up for the power being lost.
Oh right, I forgot that in Tri not all hammer attacks do ko damage.
P3rd and Tri G have spoiled me ;P
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:30 pm

@Yamatsu wrote:
@It's meh wrote:
@Yamatsu wrote:

Oh right, I forgot that in Tri not all hammer attacks do ko damage.
P3rd and Tri G have spoiled me ;P
Damn right they have XD

And soon, I will be spoiled.
Back to top Go down
VAlien12
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Well, today was a kind of boring hunt. Most people just joined rooms for one quest and left right after without saying a word. pig

Also got joined by these impatient people who wouldn't give me time to equip for right quests, then would kill the monster before I would get to it. Thunder

Only good thing, I got another part to my Barioth+ armor and got a Wyvern Stone, so I just need one more of those. I still need Uncanny Hide+, Agnaktor Claws+, Uragaan Ruby, and the rest of my Barioth+ parts! Ice
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Still logging on not much hunting anymore just watching everyone else reach their desired ranks. Or attain every armor and weapon in the game. I have have done pretty much everything I wanted to achieve so relaxing now.
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:23 pm

It has been several months since I logged in to tri. Hunted a bit with a group of 40 ish+ hunters. Jaggia Menace up and I asked if they wanted to kill jho. So nevermind the 40's got killed too many times to complete the hunt, but what is it with high rank hunters who don't bother to upgrade weaapons? The HR49 paraded out 3-4 different low rank weapons after I asked him to please switch to something high rank, blue sharpness preferred.

Needless to say he didn't own one and got killed twice. A raging jho is not a monster you want to bounce on right before he decides to target you. Yes, you experts may be fine with green but he was clearly not used to fighting jho and proved me right in the end with the two deaths.

TrollJho
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:15 pm

@Yuki wrote:
Still logging on not much hunting anymore just watching everyone else reach their desired ranks. Or attain every armor and weapon in the game. I have have done pretty much everything I wanted to achieve so relaxing now.

So... your free to brawl then? /yes/

Thats an achievment you have yet to pursue
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Antari18
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:19 am

Yesterday's achievement - finally managed to make decent lookin pierce set. Not same, old blos with gigantic horns everywhere mix with los, jaggi.

Earing, jacket, alloy hands, vangis waist and gobul pants. Crtitical Eye+3, load up, fortify, pierce boost. All i really need. Works fine with Rex/Devil/Rex. Did some field tests on every monster and i'm satisfied with the result.

Than did dome Jhen+ runs with randoms. Best experience yesterday - met guy with ala hammer in Jhen event city. All in vangis 'course like all "pros" do. I hosted Jhen+, than asked who will bind. He shouted "ME!". Okeyy this is getting interesting. Ask him if he really wanna take that hammer. He didn't replied. We went on quest. He didn't care about binding although he took it from box stopping entire team from doin it. Than we all hop on Jhen's back. Tryin to break stones with lv3 charged Anguish. Than THIS guy appeared and starts smashing rocks with hammer. We all fall in the process. All players. I said "oww thanks". He call me noob on private than rage quit. Fortunately we managed to (just barely) kill Jhen.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
PAiN---
Rathian

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:57 pm

@Antari18 wrote:
Yesterday's achievement - finally managed to make decent lookin pierce set. Not same, old blos with gigantic horns everywhere mix with los, jaggi.

Earing, jacket, alloy hands, vangis waist and gobul pants. Crtitical Eye+3, load up, fortify, pierce boost. All i really need. Works fine with Rex/Devil/Rex. Did some field tests on every monster and i'm satisfied with the result.

Than did dome Jhen+ runs with randoms. Best experience yesterday - met guy with ala hammer in Jhen event city. All in vangis 'course like all "pros" do. I hosted Jhen+, than asked who will bind. He shouted "ME!". Okeyy this is getting interesting. Ask him if he really wanna take that hammer. He didn't replied. We went on quest. He didn't care about binding although he took it from box stopping entire team from doin it. Than we all hop on Jhen's back. Tryin to break stones with lv3 charged Anguish. Than THIS guy appeared and starts smashing rocks with hammer. We all fall in the process. All players. I said "oww thanks". He call me noob on private than rage quit. Fortunately we managed to (just barely) kill Jhen.

I'm surprised he didn't gong jhen while he was in the air xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Antari18
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:49 am

What came to my mind after yesterday's session was, what makes people think that vangis is best armor in the whole game? I see whole cites full of vangis with demise everywhere. It's good if you want to go all out offencive but there are many better options out there. Power is just not enough at some point. Second the worst are those ppl with full helios + vangis legs, who gem in attack up L, HG earplugs and sharpness+1. Really no creativity at all. I know, generally it's good against everything but still after so many hours seeing it, it become really boring to me.

Yesterday did some regular adv 40 stuff. Also help one guy at 50 get to his urgent in the longrun. Sniped Nox out of wall to death with pierce. Collect applause from the rest of the team. F yeah.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:44 pm

I'm curious what rank are you? Also I agree with the lack of originality so many use the same set and when they see someone use something different they go gtfo noob or drool over it if it is someone of a higher rank and up stealing it and taking credit for it when the person wanted to make it as a unique set that shows their individuality.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:06 pm

@Yuki wrote:
I'm curious what rank are you? Also I agree with the lack of originality so many use the same set and when they see someone use something different they go gtfo noob or drool over it if it is someone of a higher rank and up stealing it and taking credit for it when the person wanted to make it as a unique set that shows their individuality.

That just described me perfectly! I have to disagree with both of you guys though, although I do see lot's of lack of creativity. (especially the people who wear vangis armor and manage to gem out sharpness +1 /no/) I think the reason they all wear vangis armor is because it is pretty easy to get, and has some good skills: Sharpness +1, AUM, and Autotracker, which is only good if you have Cap Guru. The people you are talking about are the people from HR 60 - 120 or so. You will see some higher and lower level yes, but that's about the range they wear it. You can't complain about lack of creativity when they probably haven't even seen a creative set. Join a group of HR 300 + and you will very likely see some sets that probably aren't as good as the Sharpness +1, AUL, but are unique none the less.

The reason people like Sharpness +1 with their Demise, is because Purple sharpness is very powerful and doesn't bounce a whole lot. (if at all) So with AUL, it just makes it even more kick butt. IDK, maybe it's just my personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:50 pm

@Antari18 wrote:
What came to my mind after yesterday's session was, what makes people think that vangis is best armor in the whole game? I see whole cites full of vangis with demise everywhere. It's good if you want to go all out offencive but there are many better options out there. Power is just not enough at some point. Second the worst are those ppl with full helios + vangis legs, who gem in attack up L, HG earplugs and sharpness+1. Really no creativity at all. I know, generally it's good against everything but still after so many hours seeing it, it become really boring to me.

Yesterday did some regular adv 40 stuff. Also help one guy at 50 get to his urgent in the longrun. Sniped Nox out of wall to death with pierce. Collect applause from the rest of the team. F yeah.

Well, I for one used both full Jho when i got and the Helios + w/ Vangis legs. Not because it was a "popular" set, but because thye both helped me a lot to get even better armor. Now I rarely use them, they are both just an all around basic set to use imo. And what the person above me said, they are very easy sets to make. Right now I'm having a blast using my Elemental Gunner set :D
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:55 pm

I got two chars first 670, second 275. There are many ppl with 2-3 characters. This contradicts theory that low rank hunters can't get the idea of creative sets because they haven't seen one in their life. I'd say more likely they don't built such sets cause they lack good charms. But i dunno... maybe they're just lazy. Sorry for hurting anyone feelings btw. It may be that i just hate full sets :P

Anyway I'd say that expecting some originality from a game which is near at the end of it's lifetime is not that much. Mabye on april we'll see some rarities.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:28 pm

@Antari18 wrote:
I got two chars first 670, second 275. There are many ppl with 2-3 characters. This contradicts theory that low rank hunters can't get the idea of creative sets because they haven't seen one in their life. I'd say more likely they don't built such sets cause they lack good charms. But i dunno... maybe they're just lazy. Sorry for hurting anyone feelings btw. It may be that i just hate full sets :P

Anyway I'd say that expecting some originality from a game which is near at the end of it's lifetime is not that much. Mabye on april we'll see some rarities.

I wouldn't say it's the "low rank" hunters that don't make custom sets, but the players that aren't very experienced. Lol, I love the look of full sets, but sometimes the skills are just trash.. which is what makes custom sets so great because you can have multiple skills that benefit you instead of having a full set that usually has 1 or 2 good skills then that one skill thats a negative -_-
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:53 pm

@PAiN--- wrote:
I wouldn't say it's the "low rank" hunters that don't make custom sets, but the players that aren't very experienced. Lol, I love the look of full sets, but sometimes the skills are just trash.. which is what makes custom sets so great because you can have multiple skills that benefit you instead of having a full set that usually has 1 or 2 good skills then that one skill thats a negative -_-

I also like the look of full sets, and enjoy my lagi+ armor with Sharpness +1 and the tenebra D. I also like the almost full sets that include an earring. I have a lagi+ gunner set with barrage earring and about 6 skills. (one of the skills was junk though)
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 35

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:03 pm

So, there's this new brand of players born these last monsths of tri which I like to call
"girl-lies" (as suggested by Lalo).
They all hr 0-20 female characters with "yes Im a gril, and I'm a noob" or similar stuff in their profiles.
Now seriously, do they think girls are stupid and gonna buy a 3 years old game that's about to get closed?

I met like 30 of them...sigh -_-
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:15 pm

@Antari18 wrote:

I highly doubt that to be honest. People just stopped caring anyone who has returned now just did it because they have no other game to go train on for mh3u. I have been around since the beginning hr 150 167 483 380 490+ and a few more. I feel originality has always been an issue from the hundreds of people I added and deleted only a select few use something out of the norm.

Also andrea I just call them trannies just to get under their skin. Its so late in its lifetime for me to believe everyone who says they are new.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:35 pm

When I took hours mixing set parts and did sets on my own, I went out to go and show my set to the world and realized my set had already been done, and I got called a copycat for doing that u.u
That's why I stick with full low guild for most of the quests
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:00 pm

If you develop it on your own than you shouldn't care about other calling you copycat. Just make an armor which will reflect your personal preferences and playstyle. It's that simple. There is a limit of armor combinations so you'll likely see (even on 3U) someone with your "unique" set.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:40 pm

@Yuki wrote:

I have been around since the beginning hr 150 167 483 380 490+ and a few more. I feel originality has always been an issue from the hundreds of people I added and deleted only a select few use something out of the norm.

Ahem^^
Am I one of those select few?

Actually, I don't remember ever showing you my custom set loll.
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:34 pm

On the subject of custom armour sets, I really enjoy mixing and matching armour to get different skills. Are we talking about skill-sets or the appearance of armour?

I didn't do this very much until I got to high rank (and the armour gets a bit easier to work with) but I always have something I'm working toward.

Yesterday I just finished a set that I've been working on. I've been wanting to try using adrenalin to see how I like it. My new set has Adrenalin +2, Sharpness +1, Critical Draw (I use GS), and Earplugs. I have yet to use it on most of the monsters but I'm hopeful using adren will make me a better player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Today at 7:23 pm

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 39 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next