Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 40 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 40 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal

Go down 
+99
PAiN---
Yamatsu
Antari18
VAlien12
anduin55
Arkenaw
CrystalPower
TheLaw
Anonymin
Rowiehz
Jake Johnson
GrashXL002
Ares
YamiGekusu
X Kitsune X
JFizzle
AzzraNoctul
Atalanta
navgoose
PokeMaster
Otoshimo
TKMT
Hanya
Randomhunter
Enkidu
Will
InstaCakes
Sai_
laoshanicrus
Sasori
Dathblade
evahnulahm
dcj91x
Lalo
E&Troy
parasky
dainbramage
Slyffer
oeon
Esham
Sir Valk
Neptyc
Lou Urau
Crystalis
Luciarn
MasterOnion
zeek
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Asyulur
SafariCat
Andrea88GOD
Vespyra
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Bimasena009
Shiny_Rayquaza
Blair H
Black TheLance
Step
Lucas
Stabster
Godzilla2195
Yuki
Kanade
Tiburon555
RDC
Rene
Valdast
quidam
Maika
BT Esq
Florenz
bill_the_noob
Andrew.
Axel3
Oni Zelkami
Kholdstare
It's meh
Vivi
elitezellet
stayman_jacobi
TiroDvD
crovis
kama
Ataraxia
Quentin
Kasumi
Chips
Silverwind
Koma
Win32error
blackice
Leonhardt
Exzyro
Ugthorf
Chriz
Lagia818
Ultimate Jaggi
Palas
rubinek
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
AuthorMessage
rubinek
Popo
rubinek

Thank you Points : 3

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Hunting Journal - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Killed Jhen for the very first time! A very nice Australian player named Selena helped me actually become useful (lol) and the two hunts we did went very smoothly. Got another EDG and two ElderDragonBloods. I'll soon be able to make a Jhen+ armor, although I still don't know where I can get the Conqueror Seals or whatever they are called. Time to head on to MH wiki i guess /yes/

Also, some other guy we did the hunt with told me that only Long Swords and Great Swords are good on Jhen. I asked him why, but he didn't really want to elaborate (no keyboard I presume). I didn't have any Dragon or Ice LS/GS so I was quickly relegated to operating cannons and ballista (see above). Can anyone explain? I read Jhen Mohran wiki page thoughtfully and there is nothing that says "this and this weapon sucks for reasons X and Y, don't use it", so I'm rather confused.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 1:36 pm

A Drunk Ninja wrote:
On the subject of custom armour sets, I really enjoy mixing and matching armour to get different skills. Are we talking about skill-sets or the appearance of armour?

I didn't do this very much until I got to high rank (and the armour gets a bit easier to work with) but I always have something I'm working toward.

Yesterday I just finished a set that I've been working on. I've been wanting to try using adrenalin to see how I like it. My new set has Adrenalin +2, Sharpness +1, Critical Draw (I use GS), and Earplugs. I have yet to use it on most of the monsters but I'm hopeful using adren will make me a better player.

Same here, I pretty much used full sets till i got high Rank armor. Props on the set, I'd prefer Focus over Earplugs personally. You can become a better player without ADR. If you're going to use ADR effectivley you have to know what to do and when, like how a monster behaves, attack patters, hit boxes, and knowing when to evade and anticpating attacks and combos. You can learn all of these without having ADR and when you do, then you will wreck faces. Then when your comfortable with ADR, move on to Heroics xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 1:47 pm

PAiN--- wrote:
A Drunk Ninja wrote:
On the subject of custom armour sets, I really enjoy mixing and matching armour to get different skills. Are we talking about skill-sets or the appearance of armour?

I didn't do this very much until I got to high rank (and the armour gets a bit easier to work with) but I always have something I'm working toward.

Yesterday I just finished a set that I've been working on. I've been wanting to try using adrenalin to see how I like it. My new set has Adrenalin +2, Sharpness +1, Critical Draw (I use GS), and Earplugs. I have yet to use it on most of the monsters but I'm hopeful using adren will make me a better player.

Same here, I pretty much used full sets till i got high Rank armor. Props on the set, I'd prefer Focus over Earplugs personally. You can become a better player without ADR. If you're going to use ADR effectivley you have to know what to do and when, like how a monster behaves, attack patters, hit boxes, and knowing when to evade and anticpating attacks and combos. You can learn all of these without having ADR and when you do, then you will wreck faces. Then when your comfortable with ADR, move on to Heroics xD

Thank you! I tend to deal more damage when using earplugs. I always seem to have a L3 charge ready to go then the monster roars *cough* (Los). /mad/

I feel I've gotten pretty good at predicting the monsters movements, that's why I'm trying adrenalin. /yes/
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 3:17 pm

A Drunk Ninja wrote:
PAiN--- wrote:
A Drunk Ninja wrote:

Thank you! I tend to deal more damage when using earplugs. I always seem to have a L3 charge ready to go then the monster roars *cough* (Los). /mad/

I feel I've gotten pretty good at predicting the monsters movements, that's why I'm trying adrenalin. /yes/

It's a good style to play with Earplugs if u dont want any interruptions from screams, especially his roar then his Jump Back Fireball of Doom combo -__- But yes, ADR+2 and the AuL kitchen skill is the bomb
Back to top Go down
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:39 am

Rage by sipax Rage by sipax FINALLY i got my fkin first rathian plate
after two fkin hundred hunts
more than half of them caps
in the first hunt in two months FK YEAH
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Edsain wrote:
Rage by sipax Rage by sipax FINALLY i got my fkin first rathian plate
after two fkin hundred hunts
more than half of them caps
in the first hunt in two months FK YEAH

I admire your persistance, but sounds like you were running the wrong quest looking for the plate. If you need more in the future make sure to check out the quest rewards. Congrats on 100+ rathian title though.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:53 pm

A Drunk Ninja wrote:

I'm GS lover, can you give us more insight about this armor set? This four skills all together seem kinda crazy.

When it comes to GS, my personal opinion is that at some point of play, power is not something to look forward. Yes, on low rank and single it's pretty solid for GS user. But after few hundread hours you come to realise that there are way more efficient skills to have. I run Sharpness+1, Earplugs, Crit Draw, Focus and found that combination being perfect for all monsters except those which require HGE. It's easy set to gem, if you have at least CD+6, OO. Too bad S+1, HGE, Focus, Crit Draw is impossible to gem in this game. GS without Earplugs or HGE is not GS. It's just run and hit kind of weapon. I saw many ppl which just run and slash like complete novices. GS is all about landing those insanely powerfull L3 charges. Without earplugs you'll end up always disturbed by roars. Such waste of opportunity. S+1 and CD and HGE/Earplugs are vital. Focus is optional, but it saved my a$$ few times Yes by vort

Anyway did some arena today with a friend. I try to get those damn Hunter King coins for SS earing although i don't plan using it. Grace is imho way more usefull, especially if your teammates are fresh.

EDIT: Did some tests and find your set i guess

http://mhtri.comeze.com/armor.html?1.1k_1f.I_1l_19.I_m_1p_19.n.1l
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Antari18 wrote:
A Drunk Ninja wrote:

I'm GS lover, can you give us more insight about this armor set? This four skills all together seem kinda crazy.

When it comes to GS, my personal opinion is that at some point of play, power is not something to look forward. Yes, on low rank and single it's pretty solid for GS user. But after few hundread hours you come to realise that there are way more efficient skills to have. I run Sharpness+1, Earplugs, Crit Draw, Focus and found that combination being perfect for all monsters except those which require HGE. It's easy set to gem, if you have at least CD+6, OO. Too bad S+1, HGE, Focus, Crit Draw is impossible to gem in this game. GS without Earplugs or HGE is not GS. It's just run and hit kind of weapon. I saw many ppl which just run and slash like complete novices. GS is all about landing those insanely powerfull L3 charges. Without earplugs you'll end up always disturbed by roars. Such waste of opportunity. S+1 and CD and HGE/Earplugs are vital. Focus is optional, but it saved my a$$ few times Yes by vort

Anyway did some arena today with a friend. I try to get those damn Hunter King coins for SS earing although i don't plan using it. Grace is imho way more usefull, especially if your teammates are fresh.

EDIT: Did some tests and find your set i guess

http://mhtri.comeze.com/armor.html?1.1k_1f.I_1l_19.I_m_1p_19.n.1l

Hello Antari. GS is my favorite weapon so I've spent a lot of time working my sets. I agree with you that there are limits to the usefulness of power, teamwork is so much more effective while fighting monsters. The adrenalin set is mostly for solo use. I'm going to have to try your Focus set.

Here is the mix I used to get the skill-set:
Head: Helios+ +2 Hearing, +1 Handicraft OOO
Body: Helios+ +3 Hearing, +5 Handicraft
Arms: Helios +2 Hearing, +3 Handicraft O
Waist: Vangis Torso up
Legs: Black Leather +13 Adrenalin
Weapon: O
Talisman: Crit draw +7 after slots
Jewels: 1 +1 Handicraft, 2 +1 Potential 1 +3 Crit Draw

Which give the following points:
Hearing: +10
Handicraft: +15
Adrenalin: +15
Crit Draw: +10

Also, there are no negative skills with this set-up. =)

Along with this set I'm working on one that has Wide-range(grace earring) along with Crit Draw, Sharp +1, and HGE earplugs. So I can help the players who aren't very good at not getting hit. =) We'll see if end up getting it before the servers are gone.

I did some testing of the Adren+2 set and I'm pleased with the results. I started offline to make sure I didn't fail miserably, then did some G. Bagi to work on that Focus set. Not ambitious of me I know, but I was just having fun.
Back to top Go down
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 2:31 pm

guess im on a lucky stream, i just got a lagi plate on my second hunt today (not 2nd ever ofc) out of a tail in free hunt (but realised i cant craft the helmet somehow)
btw i do check out the prizes after every rath run and take everything (a lot since i always break all the parts) and *inhales deeply* i pet the piggie on that run

edit: scratch that jeeeves i just got another one in the next hunt (wtf) im lucky as hell this year, karma isnt that much of a bitch now
peace
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Edsain wrote:
guess im on a lucky stream, i just got a lagi plate on my second hunt today (not 2nd ever ofc) out of a tail in free hunt (but realised i cant craft the helmet somehow)
btw i do check out the prizes after every rath run and take everything (a lot since i always break all the parts) and *inhales deeply* i pet the piggie on that run

edit: scratch that jeeeves i just got another one in the next hunt (wtf) im lucky as hell this year, karma isnt that much of a bitch now
peace

Isin't that how it is. It takes forever to get the one item you need.
When I finally hit high rank I set my sights on a rathian ruby for a weapon I wanted. I made it to around HR45 before I finally got one. Then two quests after that one I got another one along with a plate. Then a few more quests after that, another! /mad/
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 1:35 pm

Whoa, lots going on lately. X)

I'm back, if just for a bit. Maybe I'll start playing MH3 again...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:38 pm

A Drunk Ninja wrote:
Edsain wrote:

peace

Isin't that how it is. It takes forever to get the one item you need.
When I finally hit high rank I set my sights on a rathian ruby for a weapon I wanted. I made it to around HR45 before I finally got one. Then two quests after that one I got another one along with a plate. Then a few more quests after that, another! /mad/

im the livin proof of desire sensors i was farmin for talis dat day
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 7:57 pm

Edsain wrote:

im the livin proof of desire sensors i was farmin for talis dat day

Well, I think you are proof that no matter how mature the game gets with veterans available and FAQ's/guides galore people will still do stuff the hard way.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:03 pm

After one week break from Tri (playin Xenoblade Chronicles), i'm back for some more random hunts. Being rusty as hell, first double Bari, than Jho with SWAX.

On jho hunt in the volcano Jho got owned by rhenoplos. Rheno was chargin like always being annoying and stuff. Then met Jho on it's way. In this epic duel Jho ends up on losers side with broken face. Everyone lold. I dunno that it was even possible lol. That was priceless - Jho jumping back with broken face thx to rheno attack xD
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 11:51 pm

Antari18 wrote:
After one week break from Tri (playin Xenoblade Chronicles), i'm back for some more random hunts. Being rusty as hell, first double Bari, than Jho with SWAX.

On jho hunt in the volcano Jho got owned by rhenoplos. Rheno was chargin like always being annoying and stuff. Then met Jho on it's way. In this epic duel Jho ends up on losers side with broken face. Everyone lold. I dunno that it was even possible lol. That was priceless - Jho jumping back with broken face thx to rheno attack xD

Rust? After only a week? Never had that happen before lol.

The minimum time for me is at least a month.
After 6, I pretty much forgot how to play (couldn't figure out how to run XD)
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Yeah, probably cause Xenoblade have different camera controls. Moving around is slower, not to mention camera moves around with chracter automaticly if you turn left or right. It's same perspective (TPP) but different genre so i guess i got used to it.
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Was in a city with my usual hunting partner and had a coupe of randoms join in. Was decided to do the 2 Ura quest so I set up in my ura-killing outfit, Bnahabra armor with Toxic Fang Sns. One of the randoms (wearing ala armor, and jho GS I think) looks at me and tells me to go change :O After telling him to bite me I explained poison works well on ura. The hunt ended up with me and him on one ura, with the other 2 guys on the other. We kill our after about 10 min, I'd poisoned it a couple of times and KO-ed it once, so he said gg and didn't offer any more 'advice' lol.

That was still better than last night, I got online late, found my hunting buddy who was in the middle of a double bari quest with another couple. I'm pretty sure they failed cause one of them quit without coming back to the city, and my buddy said 'again' once they got back. We had another random join the city so the 4 of us headed off. The new random guy died once, the other guy twice, even with us trying to look after them with lifepowders and health horn, and killing the first bari. That's the trouble with helping people too much, you get these 51+ hunters who are still crap.
Back to top Go down
parasky
Jaggi
parasky

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 4:24 pm

I AM NOW HR 100!!!

Apart from that, I helped a HR3X random with a friend and did the qurupeco and double jaggi quests. That's really all I've done.
Back to top Go down
http://parasky.tumblr.com/
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:48 pm

More random hunts thx to 3 Ultimate demo which hook me again into MH. Regular stuff ian with lagi hammer for fun. I was helping three novices with HR 30+. On ian quest small jho appeared. It was really tiny. We manage to kill it with 3 KO of mine, than finished quest with killing ian like a boss (he was flyin towards me, hit him with hammer, fell down) 7 minutes before the end. Next up 25 jaggia with couple of friends. Same stuff, hammerin Jhos to death.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 5:06 pm

parasky wrote:
I AM NOW HR 100!!!

Apart from that, I helped a HR3X random with a friend and did the qurupeco and double jaggi quests. That's really all I've done.

this reminded me of when i got HR 100! which was a clust speed run on ala..my fastest, even tho i messed up. and i got two gems...

video is on my other channel

www.youtube.com/mc757

cant post on here because work blocks youtube..
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 12:11 pm

Have begun seriously farming Gobul for the armor (I plan to upgrade it to level 4 before sending Rathian and Gigginox back where they came from.)

Currently, I need:

One more Gobul Whisker
and
Eleven more Gobul Hides

I have not put any of this information on my in-game Memo page - no reason to let the accursed "Desire Sensor" know what I want!

BTW, I always begin the fight the same way: fish Gobul out from Area 4 and crush that lantern (even though I do not need more Gobul Lanterns, it's better to prevent him from being about to use his flash...
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi Jake. Here is a tip I learned the other day while I was playing Tri.

Before you fish out Gobul, slowly swim up to it and you can carve from it. If it pops out of the ground leave the area and let it settle down and repeat. I don't know how many times this can be done, but the person I learned this from said it was quite a few.
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Thanks, but I am now one Gobul Hide from being able to make the entire armor set!

BTW, I have posted a topic requesting suggestions for how to use my Gobul mats (armor or weapons?) both here and on GameFAQs - I want as wide a net as possible to catch all opinions.
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 7:36 pm

Antari18 wrote:

Too bad S+1, HGE, Focus, Crit Draw is impossible to gem in this game.

Antari! I was messing around with some more armor mixing today and I think I found the set to get: S+1, HGE, Focus, Crit Draw.

It requires the +7OO Crit Draw tali and a 3 slot weapon so its usefulness is severely limited. But all of the skills can be obtained on one set.

Here is the set:
http://mhtri.comeze.com/armor.html?3.1t_1I.10_1l_1g.1t_1g_11_1A.n.1l

I make it myself to confirm if it's possible but according to ^this^ it is.

Just thought I'd share that with you.
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 7:58 pm

With Full Gobul Armor and a Chieftain's GS:

One Rathian, sent back where she came from...

Next up: Gigginox!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal
Page 40 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next