Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SnSer's Tactics Discussion

Go down 
+16
Quentin
Tiburon555
blackice
Palas
Lagia818
Vivi
Axel3
quidam
Yuki
It's meh
Ultimate Jaggi
Win32error
Andrew.
kama
Oni Zelkami
Lucas
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Avid Sword and Shield User, I love the momentum and ferocity of SnS! I've been told that I am very good but I know there is always room for improvement so I'd love to read and learn about how others who have been playing longer than me like to apply their swords and shields to monsters' throats!

K, so, usually when I approach a monster the first thing I will do is position myself towards it at an angle that A. Wont interfere with any Hammer/Gunner users in the group, and B. Will allow me to make the initial strike without being hit. When i get to that position, usually on the side of any given monster, facing the neck area, I'll pull out the shield (unless i have Earplugs) to block the ensuing scream. By the time the monster initiates its attack I will have had a full SnS barrage and a spin slash connected, thereafter I'll either evade or wait until the monsters turn is over before recommencing.

Tell me if theres anything i can do better. Constructive, not demoralizing criticism is wanted. thanks Yes by vort
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

Thank you Points : 17

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:42 pm

i hit it till i die -->eat max potion-->hit it till i die-->eat max potion-->hit it till it dies dont get hit--> win
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
Palas
Cephalos
Palas

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:48 pm

Friendly fire pisses everyone off, and I even think the SnS isn't the most affected by it. GS users seem to suffer a lot more.

And now that you've mentioned, there are these Swords one should be aiming for. They are Blazing Falchion, Abyssal Striker, Alatreon Star, Takemikazuchi (G), Nardebosche, Almighty Dahaka, Morpheus Knife and, if you're really into poison, the one that looks like a sabre is better than the one that looks like a Sioux axe.

Which leads to: isn't Alateron Star better than Takemikazuchi on Jho? And I never seem able to reach the head, not for long periods of time. How do you do that?
Back to top Go down
Tiburon555
Popo
Tiburon555

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:14 am

the best thing to do is to learn the monsters atacks. ex you say you have a hard time cutting ian's tail, when it trys to poisen u know where the tail is going to be for an easy combo. othe than that stay away from hammers and axes they will hert you more than the monster will
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:10 am

blackice wrote:
i hit it till i die -->eat max potion-->hit it till i die-->eat max potion-->hit it till it dies dont get hit--> win

Shouldn't those cats have restraining orders against you by now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:16 am

Alatreon Star, is, of course better, i think, for jho. BUTT i still dont have enough webbings (only have one) to forge it, so the next best thing is TKMKZ (lets call it that instead). Also, when im fighting jho, the best times to get an angle on its face is when its doing its tail whip, wait until the second revolution, and learn where jhos head will be after he takes that one step back, and go ham on his mug. :3 Also when he is doing side tackle, evade and attack where you know his head will be once his body straightens out, you will be able to do the jumpslash all the way to - button on his face, just one time. Another good time is when he is doing dragon breath. if you can get underneath him and face in the direction he is facing you can slash at his upper neck area which i think translates the damage to his head (basically this is you < and this is Jho \ then you wanna be under him like <\ ) Dont know if that symbol explaination helped but yea. Oh another time of course is if he is on the floor, KO'd, pitfalled, paralyzed or shock trapped. No explanation needed. aim and swing. Also as you said since SnSers have the most oppurtunity due to not having to sheath i will be placing as many traps and meats as possible so this way the vantage points on the head become even bigger.

Now as for ian and los, there are oppurtunities throughout their attack cycles that allow you swipes at their tails, such as when ian does its backflip (i know exactly where to jumpslice when it does that) or when los is flying low, or when either of them do the small chomp and their tails dip down. problem is, unless theyre shocked paralyzed or KO'd, the oppurtunities to get at either of their tails is rather fleeting..

thanks for the feedback<3
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:12 am

SNS is simple to using in offline. i remember using nothing but SNS until i catch the lucky break of mining a rust lance that turn to the undertaker which i used it to farm lagia :D. But on land i have to say SNS comes in handy period. But oh gosh, i do not think ill ever use SNS on Jho. Last time i try it turn out ugly really fast.
Back to top Go down
Tiburon555
Popo
Tiburon555

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:51 am

kama wrote:
But oh gosh, i do not think ill ever use SNS on Jho. Last time i try it turn out ugly really fast.
try it with gard +2 with ala star, almity duca p, or morphose knife. pardon my spelling for those it is late and to sleepy to care enough to look up
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:08 am

walls of text... me sleepy... i give up on reading :sleep:
Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex
Axel3

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:13 am

Off topic
Blackice how you got red bar 2x in your sig?
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:24 am

Axel3 wrote:
Off topic

SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 23mu1s0

[img ] insert pic link here also use those > without the spaces. [ /img ]

https://2img.net/h/oi42.tinypic.com/23mu1s0.jpg

On-Topic. I rarely use SnS. But Dodge Rolling and Hitting weakspots is what I usually do. I should use SnS more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:54 pm

On topic: SnS underwater. Fun, Manuverable, or hard and frustrating? I would say the former.
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Diablos
Stuff

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:09 pm

I rarely use SnS. I also rarely play. However, this kind of sums up what I wanted to say.
Sapphire wrote:
I find when I use SnS, I like to use the DPS advantage on a stat wep like dahaka.
Also I like to take advantage of the fact you can use items with it out...so it can be quite supportive if you give it wide range +2...
Currently working on a set like that that gives: Status attack up, razor sharp, Wide Range+2, Speedsetup and Evade+1 (can swap wide range for speed sharpening).
Besides that I evade out of short attacks like a diablos charge or gaan roll/chinpound and block things that I cant evade from like barioth's tornado.
I'll say it anyway, though.
I think I made a set. I'll have to check one day. I was working on a set before that would have speed eating+2 and wr+2. But I forgot how that went. I got the SE+2 idea from fire and ice(arena). Since I still believe the perfect combo is sns and ls for that, I think sns is amazing for dealing elemental damage(cuz it can't be raw). Everyone always picks LS, so I end up being nice with the sns set. After a while, I noticed that the gobul set was nasty with the potions. "Negate stun and speed eating? Why would you ever die? Oh hey partner I see you dying. I got you right n- there". What it needed was some WR+2. I also like evade+0. It shouldn't be a tough set to make since I could probably just gem in what the helm gives and equip grace earring. But I think I went with peco armor instead...and the para sns.

Yeah I said SE+2 and evade+0 is good. I think it's the best with sns. Just use it. It's great.

Underwater sns? ewww.
Back to top Go down
Latro
Rhenoplos
Latro

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:23 pm

I'm no expert but I you have a evade +2 etc then you should max your combos and evade to the right at the end as you can dodge everything also when your attacking stick at the sort of back end near the legs and keep items ready.
Now if you dont have evasion well A your a idiot but to be fare it is possible to use Sns without evade. So if you don't have evade ou need to stick in the same place the legs but keep going in out dealing constant damage like start by pressing x while moving(I use the classic controller) and do the jump slash possibly do I bit of a combo if you can but don't risk it after the combo roll/walk out and wait for an opportunity to get back in the thing is with Sns you need to be constantly on the monsters ass slicing it constantly to do effective damage .

I must point out I'm not an sns user so I'm no expert so if I wrong don't rage.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Tiffy Taffy wrote:
On topic: SnS underwater. Fun, Manuverable, or hard and frustrating? I would say the former.

SNS loses it's superior mobility underwater. The combos are awkward (partially due to fighting mostly on land). Reach is more of an issue underwater, sns is the single worse weapon for that. Basically, sns is about the worst pick in water. It's still usable though, especially once you figure out lagi's moves.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:30 pm

Lol stuff I don't think I have ever seen you sns before then again I hardly ever hunted with you. Mr always experimenting with Yuki.
Back to top Go down
Palas
Cephalos
Palas

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:54 pm

SnS is terrible underwater, but against Lagi it makes for the best initial rush in the entire game because you can glue on it, use dem Bounce Bombs and keep on wailing for a very interesting lock. It only lasts until Lagi enters rage mode, though.
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Diablos
Stuff

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:13 pm

Ah that's who you are. Yeah I don't play much anymore. I never used sns much because I don't ever have a set ready for it. But this is the set that was meant for para sns

http://mhag.info/mhtri/viewset.htm?s=Alluring%20Dress%20:%20H.B.H.111.0.C.66.1.97.A.72.1.97.W.67.1.97.L.66.1.97.Y.0.2.18.7.69.10.0

But then I decided to equip alluring lotus so that I could call it alluring dress. You can get rid of double poison with the slot on the sns. It's just there cuz I have alluring lotus equipped. So it wasn't peco...I was right about the green though. :p
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:23 pm

Lol I remember that set looked really nice <3. Also not like I ever saw you on anyways x.x and when I did you liked to experiment >.>
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Diablos
Stuff

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Yeah. Sorry about that. >.< I just need a witness that would be able to give feedback. Well...needed. Randoms are derp. I stopped though. It didn't look like you enjoyed it. :/ I had a couple of friends that I could mess with for a little while. And I think I scared someone away >.>.

Should I start playing again? Am I wanted? I could start using sns more often. Or not. It'll probably stay in arena.
Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex
Axel3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:50 pm

Stuff wrote:
Yeah. Sorry about that. >.< I just need a witness that would be able to give feedback. Well...needed. Randoms are derp. I stopped though. It didn't look like you enjoyed it. :/ I had a couple of friends that I could mess with for a little while. And I think I scared someone away >.>.

Should I start playing again? Am I wanted? I could start using sns more often. Or not. It'll probably stay in arena.
You should start playing again!
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Chips wrote:
Axel3 wrote:
Off topic

On-Topic. I rarely use SnS. But Dodge Rolling and Hitting weakspots is what I usually do. I should use SnS more.
u just ruined my joy chips -_-
Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex
Axel3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:54 am

blackice wrote:
Chips wrote:
Axel3 wrote:
Off topic

u just ruined my joy chips -_-
I stole your joy chips and ate them XD
they were tasty!
Back to top Go down
Koma
Popo
Koma

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:14 am

Tiffy Taffy wrote:
Some difficulties that present themselves are friendly fire when using SnS. for this reason I cant stand questing with Noobs who claim to be longsword experts; theyre just all over the place, tripping me consecutively.

I try to make sure I hunt with only a single LS user and always stick to an area they won't be in; often times I can fight with whatever weapon I want without them tripping me, because they have some competence and actually aim for where they should, but there's always the odd one who will aim for the head or something.

I honestly don't often use SnS, but I have been using it a little more than usual. One good example would be against Barioth, where I started to use it because I was having a little difficulty with getting caught out by it, getting pinned in a corner and ultimately dying. The SnS essentially negated that issue mostly, giving me plenty of time to get out of the way or guard against an incoming attack. It was just lucky that I had a status set ready for it at the time.

As for your later question, I don't mind SnS underwater; it might not deal as much damage as it would on land, given that you lose a few attacks off of a combo, but you still maintain that excellent manoeuvrability, and the 'jump' slash still gives you the chance to get in there quick after something like Lagi's discharging attacks.

But of course, I'm still learning the way of the SnS, so each chance I get to use it, I make it a learning experience.

Palas wrote:
Friendly fire pisses everyone off, and I even think the SnS isn't the most affected by it. GS users seem to suffer a lot more.

Are you sure? It might not be completely accurate of me to say, considering I've only really used the GS against Jhen, but when attacking, I've noticed that LS users don't trip you out of a charged attack, and I'm certain that I've not been tripped out of a normal attack with the GS, either. Did you mean Hammer users, because that's where most of my grievances come from for random LS users. I've lost count of how many terribly placed LS users have tripped me out of a full charge.

Lance is probably even worse, considering I've had loads of LS users aiming for the invisible target on my character's back. I've lost count of how many times a monster has gotten a free hit on me because of stupid LS users... D=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Koma wrote:

Lance is probably even worse, considering I've had loads of LS users aiming for the invisible target on my character's back. I've lost count of how many times a monster has gotten a free hit on me because of stupid LS users... D=

I get so frustrated when i die because somebody knocked me down as whatever monster was bowling towards me, i will usually abandon and leave the city.

As for SnS underwater, I think that is where, if there are any SnS masters, their true prowess shines. Ill grant that the amount of hits in the combo does decrease, but on Lagi, RL and Gobul, if you anticipate where they are going to turn, you can be on them like flies on doodoo, for extended periods of time, as well. :3 I pride myself on being extremely efficient (as efficient as SnS is underwater, which probably doesnt go for much,) with my attacks. The only thing i cant stand about underwater SnSing is trying to get lagiacruses tail. Its damn near impossible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SnSer's Tactics Discussion   SnSer's Tactics Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SnSer's Tactics Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2