Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Soulmark's SnS Guide! Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Soulmark's SnS Guide! Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Soulmark's SnS Guide!

Go down 
+5
Palas
Chips
It's meh
blackice
Soulmark
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulmark
Popo
Soulmark

Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Soulmark's SnS Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Soulmark's SnS Guide!   Soulmark's SnS Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:12 am

I know this has been done before by other people but i just wanted to post mine.

Introduction
-------------
Hi, my name is Soulmark (not in real life) and i am gonna do an SnS Guide.
I am not going to list all the attacks, moves, combos, etc.

Why choose SnS?
------------------

SnS is a great weapon if it's in the right hands of a skilled hunter meaning you don't just get a sword a start swinging it around. The SnS is known for it's high element/status, but it has horrible raw dmg. The SnS is the most fastest weapon so why not use it. It's also very fun to use.

Which SnS should i get?
------------------------

Alatreon Star - Highest sharpness SnS

Blazing Falcon - Best Fire SnS

Almighty Dahaka (P) - Best Para SnS

Nardebosche - Best Ice SnS

Morpheus Knife - Best Sleep SnS

Royal Ludroth Claw - Best Water SnS

Toxic Fang - Best Poison SnS

Divine Exodus - Best Dragon SnS

Takemikazuchi (G) - Best Thunder SnS

Overall i think the top 3 SnS are:

1. Alatreon Star
2. Morpheus Knife
3. Blazing Falcon

Monster Weaknesses
---------------------

G. Jaggi - Since this is your first boss fight you don't have any element. So i suggest using the Hunter's Dagger until you can make your G. Jaggi
SnS. Use no armor

Qurupeco - This is your first flying monster. For this battle i suggest using your Commander's Dagger. Use full Jaggi set

R. Ludroth - Your first underwater monster. For this battle i suggest using Commander's Dagger (or maybe Hydra Knife) and if you can Qurupeco Chopper. Use full Jaggi set.

Barroth - The most annoying monster you'll ever fight during your "noob" times. Use Royal Claw and full Qurupeco set. Dodge well.

Gobul - The giant fish monster. He's pretty big so watch out. He can be pretty sneaky sometimes. Use Barroth or Qurupeco set and Qurupeco Chopper.

G.Baggi - Just like the G.Jaggi only it can spit out sleeping stuff. Just use Jaggi set and Qurupeco Chopper. Then upgrade to Hypnos Knife.

Rathian - This is an pretty easy monster. Use your brand new Hypnos Knife and keep sleep bombing it until it dies and watch out for her tail. Use G.Baggi set with Hypnos Knife.

Rathalos - Same with Rathian only it doesn't have that deady poison tail it has poison claws. Use Rathian set with Royal Claw+.

Gigginox - The most most poisonous monster. It is one deadly monster. Bring lots of antidotes and use Rathian set with Djinn.

Barrioth - The monster that is basically an SnS. Very fast so use Rathian set with Djinn.

Uraagan - The monster i don't even suggest using SnS for. But i would use Rathalos set with Royal Claw+.

Diablos - If you plan on killing this solo with a SnS you are mad. So for full support use Barroith set with Hypnos Knife.

Lagiacrus - The thunder dragon :O. It's shock is as deadly as the Agnaktor's fire beam. Use Barrioth set with Djinn.

Agnaktor - If you get hit with his Fire Beam it's almost a instant kill. Use Uraagan set with Royal Claw+.

Ceadeus - At last the final offline boss. Use Lagiacrus set with Djinn. Bring lots of buff items.

Alatreon - Final online boss, bring flash bombs, might seeds, bombs, etc.
Use Ceadeus set mix and use Morpheus Knife.

Jhen Moran - The giant dragon beast. It takes a God to solo a Jhen with a SnS. Use Ceadeus set with Nardebosche.

Deviljho - This is the most feared monster in Tri, meet the Deviljho!
Use Ceadeus mix and Alatreon Star.

Sets
------

http://divinewh.im/s/1.H_1f.u_1l_1a_m_1e.u_1A.j.1S

http://divinewh.im/s/0_1T.1B_1Z_1S.1B_1a_1Y_g.w.1A

http://divinewh.im/s/2.1B.1B_1R.1A.1A.1A_1Z_1Q.1R_1Y.1R_1Y_Y.j.1R

Will post more, im getting tired.

Ending
-------

Well this is Soulmark signing off hope you liked it, peace!
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Soulmark's SnS Guide!   Soulmark's SnS Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:30 am

https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/f11-guides-and-faqs
it could also use more info like teqniques for fighting. also alatreon star is better than divine exodius and im pretty sure the bari sns is one of the best. the sets arent to great either but i know you have trouble with sets so im not gonna criticize you too much pretty much its about average and could use alot more info but pretty good Yes by vort
(my refusal to criticize very much probably isnt gonna really help you so i say listen to someone who says it pretty much such and listen to what they suggest)
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Soulmark's SnS Guide!   Soulmark's SnS Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:58 am

Make a correction: Divine Exodus - best dragon sns.
It's not true... Eternal hate is stronger than it and so is Alatreon Star....
Best dragon sns = ala star.

Other than that I say the guide is actually pretty good :D

Edit XD my most count is 1337! It matches my avy here so well XD
Spoiler:

Last edited by It's meh on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Soulmark's SnS Guide!   Soulmark's SnS Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:42 am

i already said dat:}
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: Soulmark's SnS Guide!   Soulmark's SnS Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 6:10 am

I prefer Abyssal Striker for a Water SnS, and not Royal Ludroth Claw.
Back to top Go down
Palas
Cephalos
Palas

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Soulmark's SnS Guide!   Soulmark's SnS Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:52 am

Chips wrote:

It could be because Abyssal Striker is actually better than Royal Ludroth Claw.

Abyssal Striker has like 10 less Element, but ~30 more Raw and 2 slots. It's pretty awesome, actually.

Last edited by Palas on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex
Axel3

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting

PostSubject: Re: Soulmark's SnS Guide!   Soulmark's SnS Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:06 am

blackice wrote:
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/f11-guides-and-faqs
it could also use more info like teqniques for fighting. also alatreon star is better than divine exodius and im pretty sure the bari sns is one of the best. the sets arent to great either but i know you have trouble with sets so im not gonna criticize you too much pretty much its about average and could use alot more info but pretty good Yes by vort
(my refusal to criticize very much probably isnt gonna really help you so i say listen to someone who says it pretty much such and listen to what they suggest)
I agree with everything he says.
But try to be a little more descriptive like, when you said gobul is sneaky (bad example I know), etc.
But overall nice guide /yes/
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Soulmark's SnS Guide!   Soulmark's SnS Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:10 am

Your grammar isn't the best and you seem to forget that the bnahabara and lagiacrus armor sets are the best full armor sets for sns. Also you fight Rathalos after Lagiacrus, and you also seem to be forgetting that Rathalos takes more thunder damage then he takes water damage, so you should suggest a Lagiacrus weapon instead of Royal Claw+ right? Using Uragaan armor with an Sns seems to be a slight waste of the armor, Uragaan armor was made for GS. Against Ceadeus you should probably say something about the worn Sns and it's effectiveness. And like the others said you should talk about the various techniques that one can use with the sns
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soulmark's SnS Guide!   Soulmark's SnS Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:34 pm

I destroyyyy Uragaan with Toxic Fang and Sharpness +1. Unstoppable.
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Soulmark's SnS Guide!   Soulmark's SnS Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:00 pm

Sns will no doubt work with that status atk up, sharpness+1 hge set
Back to top Go down
Soulmark
Popo
Soulmark

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Soulmark's SnS Guide!   Soulmark's SnS Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Quentin wrote:
Your grammar isn't the best and you seem to forget that the bnahabara and lagiacrus armor sets are the best full armor sets for sns. Also you fight Rathalos after Lagiacrus, and you also seem to be forgetting that Rathalos takes more thunder damage then he takes water damage, so you should suggest a Lagiacrus weapon instead of Royal Claw+ right? Using Uragaan armor with an Sns seems to be a slight waste of the armor, Uragaan armor was made for GS. Against Ceadeus you should probably say something about the worn Sns and it's effectiveness. And like the others said you should talk about the various techniques that one can use with the sns

I only said Uraagan set cause of it's high defense and fire resistance. Other than that it is a useless SnS set.
Back to top Go down
Palas
Cephalos
Palas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Soulmark's SnS Guide!   Soulmark's SnS Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Soulmark wrote:
I only said Uraagan set cause of it's high defense and fire resistance. Other than that it is a useless SnS set.

Two very useless details. The defense and the high fire resistance don't matter as much as the far better skills Lagi - for example - offers.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Soulmark's SnS Guide!   Soulmark's SnS Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:01 pm

and your kinda suposed to kinda dodge alot on nsn so that doesnt really matter
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Soulmark's SnS Guide!   Soulmark's SnS Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 5:19 pm

it's good to see effort being profused in creating a guide but as it is it's a bit too shallow, if you desire for it to be moved to the guide section discuss with people in the thread or chatbox and make a 2nd version with what you have gathered.

also consider there is a sns guide already so take a look at that and see if you could maybe integrate with informations previously missed (who knows? that guide is pretty dated now)

good luck :3
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Soulmark's SnS Guide!   Soulmark's SnS Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Palas wrote:
Chips wrote:

It could be because Abyssal Striker is actually better than Royal Ludroth Claw.

Abyssal Striker has like 10 less Element, but ~30 more Raw and 2 slots. It's pretty awesome, actually.
Plus it has 10% affinity.
:D

XD funny thing about water weapons, I troll some players online by using water weapons on gigginox.
Whenever I do, people look at me and say: "Water?"
It makes me chuckle every time.
Water is actually pretty effective on gigginox. (like half as good as fire on some areas, less than half on another, more than half on others, and the same on the wings and feet.)

I once used abyssal striker on giggi once and some dude was like: "Why water?"
And I responded with: "Because I want to"
We ended up killing it pretty fast and the other player said: "Is water good on that thing?"
Me: "Yup, it's second to fire" Fire Water Fire Water
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Soulmark's SnS Guide!   Soulmark's SnS Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 5:33 pm

^proves that gigginox hates taking showers
Back to top Go down
Palas
Cephalos
Palas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Soulmark's SnS Guide!   Soulmark's SnS Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Never tried that, but since I *hate* Gigginox, it'll be the first monster I'll kill with an Abyssal Striker. Unfortunately, the 2 Lagia Sapphires and Great Inceadeus took it kind of to the bottom of my to-make list, so I still don't have one Sad by vort

One thing I like about this guide is the take on monsters. I mean, specific strategies and recommended blades according to the pace of the game. It' easy to say "lol G. Jaggi? doesn't really matter hit it till it dies". It's still easy, but not all that much when you've just started playing and you're using an SnS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soulmark's SnS Guide!   Soulmark's SnS Guide! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soulmark's SnS Guide!
Page 1 of 1