Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Quake Live...an old school FPS online multiplayer skill-based goodness! Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Quake Live...an old school FPS online multiplayer skill-based goodness! Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quake Live...an old school FPS online multiplayer skill-based goodness!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Quake Live...an old school FPS online multiplayer skill-based goodness! Empty
PostQuake Live...an old school FPS online multiplayer skill-based goodness!

Yep, that's right. I, normally a UT player (2k4 best ever!), am now doing Quake Live. It's very old school graphics but that is nice because it makes it VERY easy to run (quake 3 graphics). It runs even in your browser (default)!

If you, like me, are sick to death of god awful FPS games like CoD and Battlefield and other wannabe FPS and actually want something more along the lines of testing your skill and ability (master strafe jumping or die....even I have yet to master it...) then Quake Live might be your thing!

http://www.quakelive.com/#!welcome
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Quake Live...an old school FPS online multiplayer skill-based goodness! :: Comments

Well I have nothing to do today. Might as well try it out.
Very nostalgic, but I def need a mouse to play this, my trackpad is wayyyyy too slow haha
Blech... I'm sure it's a good game, it's just not for me. It's the same problem I had with Tribes Ascend. You can't hit anything, since everyone's way too fast and is constantly jumping around. I think I'll just stick with TF2.
Shin Zelkami wrote:
Blech... I'm sure it's a good game, it's just not for me. It's the same problem I had with Tribes Ascend. You can't hit anything, since everyone's way too fast and is constantly jumping around. I think I'll just stick with TF2.

Strafe jumping increases speed, it's meant for those truly wanting to play an FPS that requires more than just point and shoot ...it requires great reflexes and a high skill cap...plus play only green matches first...those are ranked to your skill / while you improve, they also have training maps and videos that teach you strafe jumping. Also try either FFA (free for all) or CTF or FFA Instagib (1 shot rail guns) or CTA instagib...you'll learn.

If not, oh well, guess you got weeded out. I don't mean this as an offense either, games like these old school shooters do have a tendency to frustrate and weed out those who can't adapt to the higher degree of difficulty (which was actually an unintentional side effect, cause they made these games for the reliability and gameplay back in the day...the skill cap was an unexpected bonus!)
Damn, I love this game.
Really? I'm surprised more people aren't interested in playing an FPS that actually takes some bit of effort to be good at versus today's stuff and killstreaks and other garbage.
Most people play games because they enjoy it. If that's what they enjoy, let them. I'm not a fan of FPS games in general myself.

But, here's a community of a little over a thousand people who do:
/r/quakelive
Roik wrote:
Most people play games because they enjoy it. If that's what they enjoy, let them. I'm not a fan of FPS games in general myself.

But, here's a community of a little over a thousand people who do:
/r/quakelive

ewww...reddit....
Oh, feel free to stay and complain in this thread by yourself on a forum where no one else plays this game. Nobody is stopping you.
Given how many members we have, im rather surprised no one else is interested in this game.
I tried it out, it's fun enough. I'll be sticking with Tribes: Ascend, Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike, though.
Nova wrote:
Given how many members we have, im rather surprised no one else is interested in this game.

Did you forget the part where we probably have less than 200 actual ACTIVE members?
Right, so I played a few more matches and HOSHI THIS IS AWESOME. Hated CTF but am loving Free for All.
Yamatsu wrote:
Right, so I played a few more matches and HOSHI THIS IS AWESOME. Hated CTF but am loving Free for All.

Try Instagib CTF or instagib matches in general.
Bump for a skill-based multiplayer FPS!
Haven't played it too much during the past week and a bit, but was rocking it the week before. Rocket jumping is just as glorious as it is in TF2 (though a bit simpler and more limited) but I am loving the rocket launcher, shotgun and gauntlet.
Yamatsu wrote:
Haven't played it too much during the past week and a bit, but was rocking it the week before. Rocket jumping is just as glorious as it is in TF2 (though a bit simpler and more limited) but I am loving the rocket launcher, shotgun and gauntlet.

Rocket Jumping in quake is way better than in TF2, you just gotta master the ability to flick your mouse behind you, shoot at the ground, and spin back forward and stuff before the rocket hits, it's all twitch reflexes, videos on youtube can help with learning it and the all important strafe jumping.
Nova wrote:
Yamatsu wrote:

Rocket Jumping in quake is way better than in TF2, you just gotta master the ability to flick your mouse behind you, shoot at the ground, and spin back forward and stuff before the rocket hits, it's all twitch reflexes, videos on youtube can help with learning it and the all important strafe jumping.
Nah, TF2 rocket jumping is far better. Quake's is great for the small arena maps, but TF2's is overall, well, better because of the insane ground you can cover with a few rockets on bigger maps. Also, you don't lose 1/3 of your health (unless I'm doing it wrong) from a single rocket jump. :p

Quake Live...an old school FPS online multiplayer skill-based goodness!

Page 1 of 1