Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Need a bit of help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WhiteWolf1679
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Need a bit of help.   Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Hello people, im stuck on trying to get narga brain stem... ive killed hundreds of nargacugas im surprised they're not extinct yet... but i still cant get a single brain stem. I scarred the head, the wings, the tail, cut of the tail and everything but could never get one.

Also in the great forest where you hunt nargacuga, when i goes to sleep, it jumps onto a tree and sleeps there. How do you get up there? Is there even a way?
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Need a bit of help.   Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:25 pm

It's all luck, really. Cut the tail, carve it, break the head and capture narga. There's also the dual G rank narga quest which practically rains brainstems. And about the trees, no, you can't go up to it, he will wake up when you stick around the area for a short while.
Back to top Go down
Rocka210
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a bit of help.   Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:18 pm

I believe you have a 2% chance of getting a brainstem. Just break of everything on the narga and scar the tail (rage mode). Good luck /yes/
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Need a bit of help.   Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:24 pm

have an epic battle to the death with da desire sensor
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
WhiteWolf1679
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a bit of help.   Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:34 pm

well, then it will take me a while lol. i didnt get to rank G yet. Ill try capturing nargacuga and see what will hapepen after a while of doing it. Thx for the help people
Back to top Go down
DannyLee94
Felyne

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import

PostSubject: Re: Need a bit of help.   Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:17 am

@WhiteWolf1679 wrote:
well, then it will take me a while lol. i didnt get to rank G yet. Ill try capturing nargacuga and see what will hapepen after a while of doing it. Thx for the help people

The main thing you need to do is constantly hack at Nargas tail with a cutting (not impact) weapon until you've scarred it. Once his tail is scarred, attack the head (his weak spot) until he goes into rage mode. Then start hacking the tail again until you cut it clean off. If he reverts back from rage and calms down; change to the head again as you cannot cut off narga's tail unless he's raging. Once you've cut his tail off carve it as it may reward you with a brain stem

TL;DR: Focus on nargas tail until its scarred, then only attack the tail when hes in rage mode. Once you've cut off the tail while hes raging, carve it.

Finally, when he limps away, run away to the place where he likes to sleep in the trees. Wait for him to go to sleep, then place a shock trap. Wake him up by running around directly underneath him, then lure him into your shock trap. Finally once hes trapped, hit him with two tranq bombs and voila... one captured Nargacuga. Capturing him also increases the chance for recieving a brain stem so always aim for capturing the monster when you are looking for notably rare materials like brain-stems, heavenly scales etc.

As a point of note; it would also benefit you to try and break narga's face (can be done with any weapon) as this can yeild Narga fangs in the rewards. The fangs are also a valuable and commonly required material for good Narga weapons and armour.

For any other info on Nargacuga, refer to THIS PAGE, that wiki is also very useful in general for all your hunting needs so I would (and I do) refer back to it often.

Good Luck ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a bit of help.   Today at 1:36 pm

Back to top Go down

Need a bit of help.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Sony :: Playstation :: PSP/Vita (Western releases)-
Jump to: