Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

please help with something

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WhiteWolf1679
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: please help with something   Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:58 pm

ive been trying to get a rathalos ruby for a while now. I need it to upgrade my blue wing. I also need azure rathalos carapse and wing for it but i have enough of that(only need 1 more carapse). I can only fight high rank azure rathalos in the quest from the village cat.

I gotta hunt the azure rathalos and pink rathian in the forest and hills.I CANT capture the damn rathalos. Everytime i plant a trap, the asshole wont charge towards it. He only shoots fireballs or attacks my felyne. But once i weaken him and he passes his 3rd rage mode i (by a miracle) get him in a shock trap and throw 6/8 tranq bombs... NOT A GODDAMN THING!!!!! the paralyze effect wears off, and i have no more traps!!!! this got me so mad, because right during that time the pink rathian came and they killed me. I really need help, how do i get the rathalos ruby.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: please help with something   Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:54 pm

well first of all you sound like you need cap guru. so gem that into your armor. then lookit this http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHF2_Boss_Carve_Guide_(by_Kawakami_Hanabi)
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
WhiteWolf1679
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: please help with something   Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:05 am

lol sorry, can you be more specific? what exactly is a cap guru?
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: please help with something   Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:25 am

Speaking as a person who has gotten 2 rubies in one quest : Dont farm azure Los , farm silver! Let's look at stats!

Azure : High tail carve : 1% , High Shiny drop : 5% , High capture : 2% , high break head reward : 2%
Silver : High tail carve :5% , High shiny drop : 4% , High capture : 7% , high break head : 4%

So move on village ranks if he is not available to you and farm the sh*t out of him! He is a little bit more difficult but if you cut his tail , stagger him while he is on air , and capture him = win (after a while)!
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: please help with something   Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:42 am

capture guru requires 5 of the jewels for it(perceive jewel mabe?). these can be made using 1 battle feild jewel, 1 rainbow tail feather(obtained by killing hypno, the village elder final urgent) and one pair of binoculars(bought from the shop). after you gem this into your armour when you have marked a monster with a paintball and it is ready to be captured, it's dot on the map will flash yellow
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
DannyLee94
Felyne

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import

PostSubject: Re: please help with something   Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:34 am

@blackice wrote:
capture guru requires 5 of the jewels for it(perceive jewel mabe?). these can be made using 1 battle feild jewel, 1 rainbow tail feather(obtained by killing hypno, the village elder final urgent) and one pair of binoculars(bought from the shop). after you gem this into your armour when you have marked a monster with a paintball and it is ready to be captured, it's dot on the map will flash yellow

The skill he needs is called 'Tranquilising Guru'. It can easily be gemmed into almost any armour (as long as it has 5 empty slots) with five 'Percieve jewels'. Then as Blackice quite rightly said, with this skill, any paintballed monster will turn yellow on your mini-map when it is weak enough to be captured - all you need to do then is trap it and throw 2 tranq bombs.

@WhiteWolf1679: If you land 2 Tranq Bombs on the monster while it is trapped and he doesn't fall asleep, this means he is not weak enough yet to be captured. You need to hack at him some more and repeat the procedure when you think he is about to die.

If the monster you are fighting is quite good at hiding his 'capture signs' (like limping, raging in a single hit etc.), such as Tigrex, the 'Blos Wyverns, Basarios etc. you would probably benefit from using the 'Tranquilising Guru' armour skill explained above; as as long as you keep the monster paintballed - you'll always be made aware of when the monster is weak enough to be captured...

...Just don't forget to bring those Tranq Bombs! I often do, which is really annoying when you are farming a monster for rare materials :lol:
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf1679
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: please help with something   Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:09 pm

ok thanks everyone i got it now. I do have the silver rathalos but i have never managed to defeat him, only cut of his tail and pick up a shiny. I only have like 2 of his scales and thats all. I have only hardly managed to kill the gold rathian, but silver rathalos is too tough for me. I guess ill rank up some more and get better equipment and get better and then try again. If you guys have anything else you can help me with, you can PM me. Ill be glad to know.
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: please help with something   Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:38 pm

I got my first ruby (i was g-rank by then though >_<) by farming the nekoht silver rathalos.

What worked best for me was cutting his tail and carving for the ruby. If i didn't get it, i abandoned. if i did, i either killed him or died 3 times to keep my items (both work, but obviously killing is better :P)
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: please help with something   Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:16 am

@Deridor wrote:
I got my first ruby (i was g-rank by then though >_<) by farming the nekoht silver rathalos.

What worked best for me was cutting his tail and carving for the ruby. If i didn't get it, i abandoned. if i did, i either killed him or died 3 times to keep my items (both work, but obviously killing is better :P)

I think tailruns for rubies aren't the best way. of all the rubies I had (about 10 all in all I think) I maybe got one or two out of tails.
also if you look at the rates :
BoredForLive wrote:

Silver : High tail carve :5% , High shiny drop : 4% , High capture : 7% , high break head : 4%
you see you're leaving out many chaces. even if you have problems with him you shouldn't abandon after cutting the tail at least try defeating him. even if you don't manage to kill him you may be able to get a shiny (best chance for shiny: if he flies up to shoot fire balls stand underneath him in his shadow. now if he comes down do a GS charge on him. if you manage to make him flinch in tghe air he swill most
certainly give you a shiny)

PS: the "shiny rathalos sword" isn't that good. I wouldn't make it at that state of game. maybe later if you want to collect all the GSs but else it's really not that good
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf1679
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: please help with something   Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:33 pm

im trying to upgrade my blue wing. Im currently saving up on different weapons and i am trying to upgrade them so later on quests will be easier. The upgraded blue wing has a pretty big fire element so it might be useful against nargacugas and other monsters
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: please help with something   Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:40 pm

@WhiteWolf1679 wrote:
im trying to upgrade my blue wing. Im currently saving up on different weapons and i am trying to upgrade them so later on quests will be easier. The upgraded blue wing has a pretty big fire element so it might be useful against nargacugas and other monsters
Even so, with GS, raw power is the way to go. I say you go for the Shen Gaoren GS path or the Diablos one. King Atillart Sword is best with Crit Draw, and Gaoren GS is best for swinging around with whatever the hell attack.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf1679
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: please help with something   Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:29 pm

@Yamatsu wrote:
@WhiteWolf1679 wrote:
Even so, with GS, raw power is the way to go. I say you go for the Shen Gaoren GS path or the Diablos one. King Atillart Sword is best with Crit Draw, and Gaoren GS is best for swinging around with whatever the hell attack.

could you please send me a link for the upgrade path of the shen gaoren sword. Can you forge it instantly? Even if so, you need less gaoren parts for upgrading then forging. And also does it have good sharpness? because even if it has high raw damage, it could have horrible sharpness and the sword will just bounce off.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: please help with something   Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:08 pm

@WhiteWolf1679 wrote:
@Yamatsu wrote:
@WhiteWolf1679 wrote:

could you please send me a link for the upgrade path of the shen gaoren sword. Can you forge it instantly? Even if so, you need less gaoren parts for upgrading then forging. And also does it have good sharpness? because even if it has high raw damage, it could have horrible sharpness and the sword will just bounce off.
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Bronze_Coin
Yeah, you can forge it by itself. But of course I wouldn't have mentioned it in the first place if it wasn't such a godly GS. It gets a good amount of purple sharpness with Sharp +1 and has a generous amount of white without it. Also, Gaoren Cleaver, the final upgrade, has 1440 raw and a +30 defense boost.
tl;dr: go make it
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: please help with something   Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:25 pm

if you don't get sharp+1 the narga one is better. you still do the most dmg with gaoren cleaver with sharp+1 but if you can't get sharp+1 on your armor (i.e. you want some other skills and there is no suitable armor set which gives all of them + sharp+1) you should still go with the nargaGS (I think it's hidden blaze, but I'm not sure)

Back to top Go down
Silver
Melynx

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA????

PostSubject: Re: please help with something   Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:55 pm

BoredForLife! How could you?! To suggest WhiteWolf to Hunt me >:U
lol I'm jk :I

(but when I first read that I thought for a second you actually meant that ._.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: please help with something   Today at 11:26 pm

Back to top Go down

please help with something
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Sony :: Playstation :: PSP/Vita (Western releases)-
Jump to: