Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The One Horned Demon King... Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The One Horned Demon King... Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The One Horned Demon King...

Go down 
+2
Tomderdepp
X Kitsune X
6 posters
AuthorMessage
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra
X Kitsune X

Thank you Points : 8

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The One Horned Demon King... Empty
PostSubject: The One Horned Demon King...   The One Horned Demon King... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 2:11 pm

God, this quest is pure death.

I was wondering, how does everyone else do this quest? I have a monoblos S/ Ceanataur S mixed set, with 412 defense, attack up L and sharpness + 1 with a Daora's Decimator greatsword, and I still can't beat it. I try to keep him completely locked down:

I have 15 flashbombs, 10 sonic bombs, and 3 shock traps.
After about 20 minutes, I get him limping, but after that he just mutilates me with any attack he uses.

Suggestions? I need to beat this bugger a few times to make the Diablo Destroyer D:
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: The One Horned Demon King...   The One Horned Demon King... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 3:12 pm

if it's just for materials the guildhall one is easier.

don't use an element greatsword. with GS you should always go with raw (xept for fatalis but thats another story).
i assume u are high-rank. at this rank the best would be maybe the nargaGS. at least it's one of the best.

keep blocking. use megajuice/powerjuice so you can keep blocking continuiously.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The One Horned Demon King...   The One Horned Demon King... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 7:14 pm

Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: The One Horned Demon King...   The One Horned Demon King... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:18 am

You are talking about the high rank one horned diablos quest , right? daaaaamn that quest is hard.... I almost killed it once with my true devil slicer (longsword , thunder element) and my death stench armor (ESP).... But then i died....
I would suggest going for his tail first as it just falls off... Also when he is in area 7 get him to charge when you are behind that rock in the middle of the area.... Stand at the rock's side and when you see him charge hide behind it... He will get stuck and will be vulnerable for a while.... Do it again and again and again and you will manage to get some hits in....
About the shock traps.... I think he cannot be trapped with those , because he will dig under them and destroy them.....

Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: The One Horned Demon King...   The One Horned Demon King... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:00 am

BoredForLife wrote:
You are talking about the high rank one horned diablos quest , right? daaaaamn that quest is hard.... I almost killed it once with my true devil slicer (longsword , thunder element) and my death stench armor (ESP).... But then i died....
I would suggest going for his tail first as it just falls off... Also when he is in area 7 get him to charge when you are behind that rock in the middle of the area.... Stand at the rock's side and when you see him charge hide behind it... He will get stuck and will be vulnerable for a while.... Do it again and again and again and you will manage to get some hits in....
About the shock traps.... I think he cannot be trapped with those , because he will dig under them and destroy them.....

Shock traps work decently on him, BUT you are right about the breaking. you just have to be lucky really, hope he charges rather than digging (UGH whenever i fight a diablos he does NOTHING but dig...).

One nasty thing though is that (im fairly certain at least...) he often ignores you and digs straight for the trap to destroy it. really annoying.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The One Horned Demon King...   The One Horned Demon King... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:38 am

yah when i fight him hes underground more than above Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/

PostSubject: Re: The One Horned Demon King...   The One Horned Demon King... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 7:49 am

why bother doing the one horned for horns just do the normal one if you need mats @.@
Back to top Go down
parasky
Jaggi
parasky

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The One Horned Demon King...   The One Horned Demon King... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:43 am

I would never do this quest unless if it's a key quest (which I belive it is /mad/ ).

Do normal diablos for grinding instead of making things too hard for yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://parasky.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The One Horned Demon King...   The One Horned Demon King... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The One Horned Demon King...
Page 1 of 1