Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

How many Great Jaggi would it take to kill a DevilJho?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ugthorf
Yian Kut-Ku

Thank you Points : 28

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: How many Great Jaggi would it take to kill a DevilJho?   Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:15 pm

Assume Great Jaggi are aggro'd on DevilJho the same way they aggro on a hunter, and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Kholdstare
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How many Great Jaggi would it take to kill a DevilJho?   Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:06 pm

over 400
Back to top Go down
Ugthorf
Yian Kut-Ku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How many Great Jaggi would it take to kill a DevilJho?   Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Interesting answer.

with 400, each Great Jaggi with have to do 31 damage on average before dying due to Jho or collaterral damage.

Under those circumstances I would have to guess you're assuming Great Jaggi does only 1 point of damage per hit, and miss alot.

My own assumptions are Jaggi pulls off 5 damage per hit, Jho Hit's Jaggi for 50.

My last simulation had 15 great jaggi barely win with these assumptions.
Back to top Go down
Achilles
Popo

Thank you Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: How many Great Jaggi would it take to kill a DevilJho?   Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:42 pm

OVER 9000!

I would guess, roughly 20.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many Great Jaggi would it take to kill a DevilJho?   Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:21 pm

Jho would eat them before they could even hit him. :evil:
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How many Great Jaggi would it take to kill a DevilJho?   Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Imma move this to the general section, as this seems unrelated to gameplay itself.

Ontopic: Maybe specify the "rules". I this ingame? Do they work together? Can they summon minions? If it is about ingame rules, it really matters how much damage jho would do.

Anyhow, if i take it "realistically", you'd need at least 10 to 20 of them. Jho really has no big weak point that can be exploited (by Great jaggis, who leave fairly shallow wounds). They would probably cling onto him, slowly making him weaken due to wounds/blood loss. Should the jaggis be unable to get onto him or work together at all, jho could slaughter them by the dozens. His high power and wide ranged attacks would be able to break their bones and shatter their skulls easily.

My guess of ingame would be that jho would probably have a high advantage due to stagger limits. He'd probably be able to stagger them every 1/2 hits, which really crushes their potential to fight back.
Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting

PostSubject: Re: How many Great Jaggi would it take to kill a DevilJho?   Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:41 pm

I would think a lot, since jho could probably kill one by just stepping on it (thinking realistically)

But if a G. Jaggi was to get lucky it could score a neck bite and get a kill fast.
But if unlucky I would think jho just spams dragon breath and wins.
Back to top Go down
Ugthorf
Yian Kut-Ku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How many Great Jaggi would it take to kill a DevilJho?   Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:31 am

@Win32error wrote:
Ontopic: Maybe specify the "rules". I this ingame? Do they work together? Can they summon minions? If it is about ingame rules, it really matters how much damage jho would do.

I assumed in game with standard AI other than the aggro. The Great Jaggies are High Rank.

Quote :
But if unlucky I would think jho just spams dragon breath and wins.

jaggi have .1 multiplier for dragon, so they'd be good at tanking jho breath.
Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How many Great Jaggi would it take to kill a DevilJho?   Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Then jho would just tail swipe 'em!

Of course then his head is vulnerable, and then a neck bite would be easy to execute.
SO MANY FACTORS!
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: How many Great Jaggi would it take to kill a DevilJho?   Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:58 am

I would assume a lot of great jaggi considering the amount of damage Deviljho deals in one hit we are not even considering how it's hide hardens when enraged if great jaggi worked together I see it as a possible outcome but then again consider this two alpha males in the same area would challenge each other is we are being realistic imagine an army of great jaggi it would be chaotic since I am sure they are territorial
Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How many Great Jaggi would it take to kill a DevilJho?   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:08 pm

Kushala Princess wrote:
I would assume a lot of great jaggi considering the amount of damage Deviljho deals in one hit we are not even considering how it's hide hardens when enraged if great jaggi worked together I see it as a possible outcome but then again consider this two alpha males in the same area would challenge each other is we are being realistic imagine an army of great jaggi it would be chaotic since I am sure they are territorial
THAR WE GO!
MOAR FACTORALS!
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: How many Great Jaggi would it take to kill a DevilJho?   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:02 am

@Axel3 wrote:
Kushala Princess wrote:
THAR WE GO!
MOAR FACTORALS!

Nya lol I just felt that needed to be said since you know how animals in real life can be territorial and will fight for their territory and great jaggi is the alpha male

I just remembered the other day day great jaggi appeared while I was hunting rathia and half the time it would target rathian not sure if this helps or not I just felt it was related to my argument of great jaggi being territorial
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many Great Jaggi would it take to kill a DevilJho?   Today at 7:32 am

Back to top Go down

How many Great Jaggi would it take to kill a DevilJho?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1