Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.

Go down 
+63
Samochan
Ionisus
laoshanicrus
Ares
GrashXL002
CrystalPower
Hanya
JFizzle
Atalanta
X Kitsune X
Dar
TKMT
Vivi
PokeMaster
charleszxc
FWZ
Emilette
AzzraNoctul
Palas
Randomhunter
Lalo
InstaCakes
Dathblade
Otoshimo
kama
parasky
Edsain
N1GH7M4R3
Crystalis
Step
navgoose
E&Troy
Tiburon555
Rene
Shepherd
anduin55
Oron
KratosAIK
Nekomi
Griphter195
Roon
dainbramage
WyvernGS
Quentin
chim
Kanade
Slyffer
Phazon Xenomorph
SonicSceptile
Andrew.
Yuki
Achilles
Neptyc
It's meh
Andrea88GOD
Chips
Ultimate Jaggi
Stabster
Esham
Luciarn
Lou Urau
Red
Win32error
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Feeling annoyed at the game? Gotta relieve the pressure?

No need to hold it in, here's the whaambulance! Don't be afraid to post your anger at capcom or barioth right here, just be sure to refrain from ranting about Forum members /yes/ .
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Atalanta wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:
I hate how tedious the fight with Ceadeus is, I mean, wtf happened to tradition?

Jhen Mohran is at least fun, Alatreon is an all-out fight, Ceadeus... just you chopping at this huge-ass whale's beard for about 1 minute and then chasing it for another 10 minutes when he runs off. I mean, seriously!?

Ceadeus is definitely the biggest let-down in the game. I think on my first time through offline (and Tri was my first MH game), Ceadeus was one of two monsters I beat on the first try (the other being G. Baggi). Certainly, for all the 5* Hunts (Los, Blos, Gaan, Agna, Bari) I triple carted at least once before having success.

Ceadeus is just... too scripted, predictable, slow, uninteresting. There's barely a difference between his rage and and normal modes. And his rage mode is still slow. For the offline final boss, he's just sad.

Not looking forward to Ceadeus in MH3U, unless he's been given a huge upgrade in difficulty. More than any other monster in Tri, he needs it the most.

Normal Ceadeus I think is the same, but apparently Gold Ceadeus is much tougher and has some new attacks that apparently trick you, but I still don't have high hopes.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:18 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
Atalanta wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:
I hate how tedious the fight with Ceadeus is, I mean, wtf happened to tradition?

Jhen Mohran is at least fun, Alatreon is an all-out fight, Ceadeus... just you chopping at this huge-ass whale's beard for about 1 minute and then chasing it for another 10 minutes when he runs off. I mean, seriously!?

Ceadeus is definitely the biggest let-down in the game. I think on my first time through offline (and Tri was my first MH game), Ceadeus was one of two monsters I beat on the first try (the other being G. Baggi). Certainly, for all the 5* Hunts (Los, Blos, Gaan, Agna, Bari) I triple carted at least once before having success.

Ceadeus is just... too scripted, predictable, slow, uninteresting. There's barely a difference between his rage and and normal modes. And his rage mode is still slow. For the offline final boss, he's just sad.

Not looking forward to Ceadeus in MH3U, unless he's been given a huge upgrade in difficulty. More than any other monster in Tri, he needs it the most.

Normal Ceadeus I think is the same, but apparently Gold Ceadeus is much tougher and has some new attacks that apparently trick you, but I still don't have high hopes.

Don't talk shit about gold ceadeus. He will **** you up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:19 pm

Ares wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:
Atalanta wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:

ORLY???

I'm gonna get 100 Ceadeus kills achievement BY ONLY KILLING GOLD CEADEUS!!! MWAHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:22 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
Ares wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:
Atalanta wrote:

ORLY???

I'm gonna get 100 Ceadeus kills achievement BY ONLY KILLING GOLD CEADEUS!!! MWAHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!!

It only takes one to get that.

In all seriousness he has a water laser that is (I think) undodgeable.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:47 pm

It sweeps side to side instead of up and down making it incredibly tough go evade.
Back to top Go down
Ionisus
Popo
Ionisus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:14 pm

Yuki wrote:
It sweeps side to side instead of up and down making it incredibly tough go evade.

In before "swim up/down?"

I agree Caedeus is underwhelming, I mean the first time is exciting but after the novelty wears off it's just a tedious chore grinding for deep dragongems. Let's not begin on the horrible, tribal wailing you hear for ~10-20 mins. that after a few runs turns into psychological warfare. I know some people enjoy the song but damn it's just...*sigh*
Back to top Go down
Ionisus
Popo
Ionisus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Well, as for my rant - Barroth.

God damn do I hate this guy. I always have trouble with this tail, I swear his mud flinging has some sort of high tech guidance, and I ALWAYS get his charge timing off, not to mention I seem to never compensate for his slight arc when he charges. As an added annoyance, I don't like how his elemental weakness changes as his mud disappears, but that isn't all too bad just the icing on the shitcake this monster is to me.

I know, he isn't a hard wyvern and to be honest he's not that hard for me, but he is constantly an annoyance that always seems to trigger the rage in me.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Ionisus wrote:
Yuki wrote:

In before "swim up/down?"

I agree Caedeus is underwhelming, I mean the first time is exciting but after the novelty wears off it's just a tedious chore grinding for deep dragongems. Let's not begin on the horrible, tribal wailing you hear for ~10-20 mins. that after a few runs turns into psychological warfare. I know some people enjoy the song but damn it's just...*sigh*

I was actually quite lucky in that I got 3 deep dragongems in one run, so I hardly ever had to farm deus again.

About the water beam, I'll admit, UNDERWATER it's difficult to dodge, on land however it would be easy (it would be just like Plesioth's sweeping water attack). But I still don't think he's going to be all that tough, I'm more looking forward to Dark Jhen Mohran (Spiky Jhen Mohran, Purple Jhen Mohran, whatever).

The only elder dragon that DIDN'T get a subspecies was Alatreon Sad by vort But he did get a new attack though. But I still think they could've done a lot with an Alatreon subspecies.

Right now, I'm just debating who's going to be harder, super-charged lagi or invisible narga. I actually think super-charged lagi because his back spikes are ALWAYS charged so you'd have to be careful and because it's in the underwater ruins you'll only have limited air. But then again, an invisible narga in normal mode with poison spikes could **** your day.

New rant: Bowguns.

I hate the new bowguns in the game, there's hardly ANY that are DECENT. And the combination thing is... annoying. Seriously, what was wrong with just LBGs and HBGs???

Back to top Go down
Emilette
Melynx
Emilette

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 6:21 pm

I like the customization, but I can see why they took it away.
About the undodgeable water beam-that's another, separate variant. First he swims waaay up to the top of the UwRn's arena, THEN unleashes the sweeping uberbeam to everything below him.
Barroth is annoying, especially solo, but I find a lance is the best way to counter most of his attacks, plus mudproofing is a fairly simple skill to gem in.
Alatreon is plenty tough as is, including this new attack, but they gave us a whole new, dual-stage Elder to play with.

But one thing I will never tolerate is Bnahabra paralysis mid-Jho. HNNNNNNNNNG~
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 6:52 pm

Emilette wrote:
I like the customization, but I can see why they took it away.
About the undodgeable water beam-that's another, separate variant. First he swims waaay up to the top of the UwRn's arena, THEN unleashes the sweeping uberbeam to everything below him.
Barroth is annoying, especially solo, but I find a lance is the best way to counter most of his attacks, plus mudproofing is a fairly simple skill to gem in.
Alatreon is plenty tough as is, including this new attack, but they gave us a whole new, dual-stage Elder to play with.

But one thing I will never tolerate is Bnahabra paralysis mid-Jho. HNNNNNNNNNG~

It's worse in MHFU, Vespoid paralyze chance was WAY HIGHER, like 99% of the time you got paralyzed, very annoying during Plesioth...
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:53 am

GrashXL002 wrote:
It's worse in MHFU, Vespoid paralyze chance was WAY HIGHER, like 99% of the time you got paralyzed, very annoying during Plesioth...
Speaking of vespoids:

I swear, on a egg delivery quest on MHFreedom, I JUST jumped off the small cliff and a vespoid greets me with a swift dive to knock me down and drop my egg.

That little bastard...
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:24 pm

My rant: too easy

No challenge, ASAT.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 1:25 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
I hate the new bowguns in the game, there's hardly ANY that are DECENT. And the combination thing is... annoying. Seriously, what was wrong with just LBGs and HBGs???

This.
Not to mention the bowguns in the Arena SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
CrystalPower
Melynx
CrystalPower

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 8:27 am

My Rant: Limited Space in the Chat Box.

Now, I'm a girl who likes to speak unholy amounts of tomfoolery.

However, the limited typing space for the chat in game is atrocious! I can't finish my sentences in one line! If only the boxes were bigger.. It's my dream - to see bigger chat boxes in Monster Hunter!
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 8:46 pm

CrystalPower wrote:
My Rant: Limited Space in the Chat Box.

Now, I'm a girl who likes to speak unholy amounts of tomfoolery.

However, the limited typing space for the chat in game is atrocious! I can't finish my sentences in one line! If only the boxes were bigger.. It's my dream - to see bigger chat boxes in Monster Hunter!

MH3U hasn't done shit with this... let's just hope MH4 in the EU/US (and hopefully on the Wii U) has this feature.
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:20 am

It has been a loooonng while since i've seen an actually skilled swax or gs user in the high ranks. All they ever seem to do is explode stuff and combo, regardless of teammates being there or monster being stunned or tripped.

Least I main hammer, so I can do a swift superpound on them to end their spamming crusade to throw and trip people around endlessly, all the while them being less effective than puny iron sns as they really do nothing else but discharge, discharge, discharge some moar. Poking my behind with that sword mode will be met with quick reprisal however. ^^

Oh and I also met a longsworder who did not spirit combo. At all. Now I've seen everything.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 12:27 pm

Samochan wrote:
It has been a loooonng while since i've seen an actually skilled swax or gs user in the high ranks. All they ever seem to do is explode stuff and combo, regardless of teammates being there or monster being stunned or tripped.

Least I main hammer, so I can do a swift superpound on them to end their spamming crusade to throw and trip people around endlessly, all the while them being less effective than puny iron sns as they really do nothing else but discharge, discharge, discharge some moar. Poking my behind with that sword mode will be met with quick reprisal however. ^^

Oh and I also met a longsworder who did not spirit combo. At all. Now I've seen everything.

If you were NA I would say that was me. Some monsters I do that, especially when there are other people.

Anyways, the other day I met this swax user, okay in axe mode but as soon as she switched to sword mode it was discharge the whole time. She kept just hitting me away lol. The worst part was that I was using swax as well.... XD
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 3:20 pm

TBH, I REALLY don't know how to use a swax effectively, I usually stick to hammer, LS, or Lance.

Also sam, wanna hunt together some time?
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 4:20 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
TBH, I REALLY don't know how to use a swax effectively, I usually stick to hammer, LS, or Lance.

Also sam, wanna hunt together some time?

I don't play mhtri nearly as often these days (along with not having it on my self, all bf's), so it would be hard to make it work. :p
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:21 am

Samochan wrote:

I'mma rant about this.
Spoiler:

And don't get me started on Lance randoms and ZMOG CHARGING FOR MOAR HITS!

Or hammers who superpound everything BUT the monster's head.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:45 am

TKMT wrote:
Samochan wrote:

I'mma rant about this.
Spoiler:

And don't get me started on Lance randoms and ZMOG CHARGING FOR MOAR HITS!

Or hammers who superpound everything BUT the monster's head.

TBH, I can only GS a jhen, (I suck balls when it comes to the GS) but it works effectively, I take out sharpness +1 and AuL and wreck his shit with lv3 charges!

Lance, I break out evasion+1 guard+2 set (I think it has speed sharpen but I forgot), TBH, I only Lance charge if the monster is on the floor and I really need a tail, then I charge at the tail, and with razor sharp (that was one of the other skills) and speed sharpen it doesn't really bother me (flaming aura was the other skill I think).

Hammer, I rarely hammer but when I do I usually stand behind the monster, hold superpound, monster turns around, BONK! KO!
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 9:04 am

Totally agree with you tkmt... most of the tri playerbase seems to think that more hits = more damage when it's like never the case. Hammers spin like no tomorrow, lances charge a tripped monster, greatswords combo like idiots, swaxers 8 figure combo like noobs, sns shield bash away with those elementally defict (or wrongly matched) weapons, gunners... pellet or rapid fire shitty elements like ice and thunder. And all the while none of these people accomplish anything their weapon is supposed to do (such as KO or tail cutting) while tripping the heck out of everyone in the vicinity. Oh and everyone fancies monster legs instead of any actual weak/break spots.

Ironically, the only wep where more swings also equals more damage is long sword... but that's because it cannot be swung any other speshul way, else the noobs would do it anyway. And yet people still can't play it rite and their only longsword seems to be...you guessed it, wyvern blade fire that they take with them everywhere. Regardless if it's a rathian or uragaan or diablos or jhen mohran. But sometimes you see the low rank version of thunderclap versus high rank monsters.

But I forgot, there is one way to do it so very wrong... and that's to use tenebra with no awakening whatsoever.

Oh and hammer just isnt a good weapon to take for deviljho.. it's not... even if you're some super elite hammer bro (which I wouldn't believe until I see it, and not often the case) who can seemingly hit joe's head at every turn... it still won't do much good with that 5 second stun and the fact that his head becomes near invulnerable to damage when he rages half the time. So essentially I suggest one not to gimp their damage by picking hammer to joe when it's only role, support, is diminished greatly by lessened KO time. That goes to you too sns, you just.. won't reach weak spots without that pitfall. I'm sorry, but you're better off kicking joe than swinging that sns at his legs.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:19 am

Spoiler:

- there are shitty Elements? Should i rapid fire fire,water n dragon only?
-"near invulnerable"? 0.45 is near invulnerable? And going for the weakpoint applies to hammers too ,no? Belly is a 0.80 hitzone for impact when in rage.
- Hammer is definetly not only a support weapon
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:00 pm

Lucas wrote:

- there are shitty Elements? Should i rapid fire fire,water n dragon only?
-"near invulnerable"? 0.45 is near invulnerable? And going for the weakpoint applies to hammers too ,no? Belly is a 0.80 hitzone for impact when in rage.
- Hammer is definetly not only a support weapon

1. Something bout electric, ice and water damage modifiers being bad, that you're much better off piercing. (can't recall if water was same or not) Rapidfire fire or dragon is ok tho. I think gamefaqs had a guide bout it.

2. Well it seems like I recalled the head hitbox on rage mode wrongly. However it still applies that initial and max stun tolerance is higher than most monsters, joe is generally hard to hit as a hammer (so ko also wears off) and the most weak spot for joe (easiest to hit and 80 weak spot easily warranting everyone to focus there too) is not the place hammer should exactly be hitting either, else he disrupt teammates with upswings to be able to reach it.

3. Damage modifiers for hammer, while not lacking, isn't exactly sky high like gs or swax or being able to very quickly accumulate damage via attack + element like lance or ls. Thus "support" weapon where you will give your teammates more opportunities to attack monster once you stun it and as well as fatigue it. Not a true support weapon like sns or bowgun, but somewhat support nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:35 pm

If you cant connect 3 hits of a pierce style Element shot ,then no, you're not better of piercing.

You can't do anything wrong on a jho hunt anyways, regardless of the weapon since its either the Head or the belly youre hitting which also applies to hammer.
And when soloing with hammer the monster will be fatigued and occasionaly KO'ed so there are plenty opportunities for hammer users to dish out damage .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.   The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game. - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Whaaambulance: Rant about the game.
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next