Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
What was your first thought when you saw Tri? - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
What was your first thought when you saw Tri? - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What was your first thought when you saw Tri?

Go down 
+29
Kaji
JFizzle
Vax
boywithbluehanger
xMorningstar
Zynxan
Lalo
Scooter
SiaMoon
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Otoshimo
Yuki
Sai_
red1228
laoshanicrus
Sasori
RDC
GobulHunterJames
Godzilla2195
It's meh
Andrea88GOD
Ultimate Jaggi
Red
MGRaiden97
Monster Hunter Cade
Ataraxia
Ayu
Luciarn
Lou Urau
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lou Urau
Rhenoplos
Lou Urau

Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

What was your first thought when you saw Tri? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

In this forum, you just tell on how you felt when you first got MHTri. Just that first thought you had.

When I first saw the game, it was in Best Buy when I was finding some new games to play on my xbox. I didn't really find anything worthwhile, except Gears of War 1&2.
But as I was leaving, I walked down the Wii section once. And at the far end, I saw Tri. Never even heard of the Game nor the series once. I looked over it and I just felt so drawn to get it.
I begged my grandpa to get it for me (Since I was now low on cash). He kept saying "No." I continued on asking. I even slipped the game in the bag, hoping he wouldn't see it since we were there for about another 30minutes.

He refused to buy it. When we finally got to the cash-out area. I asked one more time and he said no. I sulked and walked away to put it back. 5 seconds later. He calls me back and to put it on the counter. I was happy and I was just waiting to read over it.

Today, I still love it today.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:50 pm

My first impression of tri?

I rented it the first day it came out,
"A wii game with nice online and no friend codes!?"
bought it a week later
Best game I bought on wii

Back to top Go down
Zynxan
Felyne
Zynxan

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 11:57 pm

I thought I could jump anywhere but then there were boundaries, not freedom dude. MH3 could have been better if it was a little more freeroam.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/official.kirito
xMorningstar
Cephalos
xMorningstar

Thank you Points : 24

3DS friends code: 3866 8038 1961
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 1:34 am

I saw it in a Nintendo Magazine and thought to myself
"Holy Piss, I need this game"
When I fired it up I also checked if my console was still a Wii. I thought the graphics were pretty freaking amazing for the Wii.
Back to top Go down
boywithbluehanger
Kelbi
boywithbluehanger

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:46 am

I saw it in a very funny deadliest catch-esque commercial while watching Friday Night Smackdown (wrasslin -_-) and thought that the gameplay footage looked amazing. Running around in customized armor killing s*it with your friends??? Umm hell yeah!!! I remember thinking, "It's the evolution of old arcade multiplayer sidescroller beat-em-ups from the 90s!!!"
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:06 pm

1st saw the hilarious commercials with the viking guy and that sold me on getting it.

Bought it for myself on my birthday and, seeing I was already syched for my monster-convention, read the game description & thought " holy schnikeys! It's like a bunch of godzilla monsters got thrown into a cabela's hunting game, but with dungeons & dragons looking equipment. AWESOME!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Vax
Aptonoth
Vax

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 12:58 am

MH3 is my first MH actually, I always heard about my brothers friends playing it on their Psp and I never exactly knew what it was like, and when it was my birthday I went to walmart, walked around for a bit and saw MH3, It instantly reminded me of my bros friends who played it non-stop at school, and it looked pretty cool, so I was like, 'Hey why not?' And instantly bought the game. Surely didn't regret that, I'm usually the type of person to play a game and after awhile I'd beat it and just move on, yet It's not the same for this game.
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

Thank you Points : 129

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 5:10 am

When I first saw the Ads for it, I was in Gamestop, scoping another FPS for my Wii, about 3 weeks before release. I didn't think much of it bc I felt that it was a niche game.

I ended up buying it the week of release just bc of the hype that my friend who worked for Gamestop was giving it. TBH, I wasn't terribly impressed when I first began playing. I found the camera and controls a lil cumbersome, Cha-Cha wouldn't shut up long enough for me to do anything, and with G. Jaggi and R. Luddy mopping the floor with my ass, I could only dread whatever came next.

For whatever reason, I stuck with it, and found the best game of my life, as far, and then these forums shortly after that. Turns out that an education was the key to loving this game. I still find it wild that I haven't burned out on the game after 2+ (broken) years of playing. I plan on playing for a long time to come too.

What really worries me, though, is that day, far in the future, when the servers are no more, and I haven't even thought about MHT for years....And get that urge to troll a Jho! That is a day that I Dread and Fear...
Back to top Go down
Kaji
Aptonoth
Kaji

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:57 am

When I first saw Tri, it was on the Nintendo Channel.
Honestly, I couldn't believe that such a game was being developed for the Wii. I didn't even think it was a possibility, so I read up about it and everything.
I fucking craved that shit.
Back to top Go down
Sir Valk
Seltas
Sir Valk

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 8:24 pm

I thought "Damn, I wonder if it will be as hard as the first one for PS2...".
Back to top Go down
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos
Randomhunter

Thank you Points : -1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:57 pm

Never played a MH game before. MHtri is my first MH game. when i had to face Great Jaggi i thought i was doomed....now i see Jho and all the REAL monsters it makes me wonder why i was ever scared of Great Jaggi.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Randomhunter wrote:
Never played a MH game before. MHtri is my first MH game. when i had to face Great Jaggi i thought i was doomed....now i see Jho and all the REAL monsters it makes me wonder why i was ever scared of Great Jaggi.

Otology synopsis: Quite simply you were unaware of the 1st rule of the food chain of nature,
"there is always a bigger carnivore out there... ALWAYS!!!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
ShadeSlayer
Jaggi
ShadeSlayer

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 6:30 am

I was trhying to find some very cool RPG games for the wii, without much success. Then about 4 months before Christmas I saw an advert on wii for tri, was so thrilled looked it up on the internet, gound out there were a lot of monster hunter games, saw the reviews. When people said it was hard to master I thought sounds like the game for me, so when my Amazing wife got it for me for my present, I have been playing iever since, (trying to do so without ignoring her and the family) Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 7:20 am

This
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was your first thought when you saw Tri?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2