Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

I don't think they get it....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: I don't think they get it....   Wed May 09, 2012 10:49 am

I am going to state this disclaimer now so as to not offend anyone. Not everything I am about to say will come out correctly.

I've been thinking. As of late there has been a lot of Monster Hunter like games or Games that have MH elements in it and since, well obviously Capcom either refuses, just doesn't care or has some other reason that has escaped me entirely for the last 2 years + has refused to release any further MH games in the west, I wanted to say something.

I don't want a Monster Hunter like game. I don't want Capcom to ignore those of us who actually care about the series outside Japan and I hate when people say to import or play something else.

First off, I like most people don't have the money to import. I can't afford it and I'm pretty sure the cost to me to import over all on my budget is more detremental than it would be for a multi billion dollar company with branches all over the world to localize the game in other regions.

2nd, don't tell me to play something else. If you want to eat a icecream and I tell you to eat liver it's not the same. I enjoy monster hunter not something like it. I understand the series could change, I understand the company could stop making the game all together but as long as the company is making the title I would like to be allowed to play it as well. is that really too much to ask? To just be allowed to enjoy something I love on equal terms as others?

mmmmmm.... Ranting way too much...

Not sure I am saying this correctly. Maybe I'm a bit frustraited.

Japan has had 18 Monster Hunter Games to include card games, conventions, and now a Universal Studios ride. Not to mention drinks, cerals and much much more. (i included MH4 because we know it is a sure thing in Japan)

The west has had 6 games and none of the extras.

Link: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Game_List

Capcom claims MH is not popular in the west so they have little reason to market/produce it in the west. This confuses me beyond belief. How can something become popular when it is clearly not given nearly the chance to succed in the west that it has been in it's home country? And what success the series has had in the west has been so underplayed that it almost seems they (Capcom) want it to be a failure in the west regardless. I may be wrong but this is my point of veiw.

I know there are costs to look at when localizing a game, I know there is a lot that needs to be thought about but there is also the Fanbase and the communication factor the company needs to consider and I feel Capcom has ignored that for years. Again I could be missing something but all I have seen from them is "please be patient" and no solid information. Now that does not mean we wont hear anything at E3 this year but does that really excuse them for years of neglect to their MHcommunity fanbase in the west? I'm not so sure it does.

One act of kindness may not make up for years of hardship if it goes back to the way it was before. But I guess we will see.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: I don't think they get it....   Wed May 09, 2012 5:03 pm

if capcom managed to dim the light of hope of our beacon then we're lost...

the only one to always cheer us up through the brutal tides of troll is really going to give up his faith?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: I don't think they get it....   Wed May 09, 2012 5:35 pm

mmmm, I don't think I stated most of that correctly...

I've no doubt that Capcom will finally give us information on new Western releases of MH at E3. I'm just annoyed at the lack of their over all comunication on and the way they treat the MH series in the west compared to all their other games.

MH seems to be the only series they do not provide us with information on. I am just wondering, when they do finally tell us something at E3, how much are they going to have to give us to finally make up for the years of telling us to "be patient".
Back to top Go down
Kikyome
Popo

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: I don't think they get it....   Tue May 15, 2012 3:52 pm

I know what you mean. They complain that there is no fan base in the west and yet there is no advertising (except for tri). They take forever to release games here and never give us any information on whether or not it will ever come here. So than everyone imports and by the time it finally arrives in the west, everyone has already played the Japanese version and decided they don't want to buy the English version, so it gets low sales. Thus, the vicious cycle continues again. Frustrating, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't think they get it....   Today at 7:09 am

Back to top Go down

I don't think they get it....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Start Here: Welcome to the MHWikiForum :: Monster Hunter General talk-
Jump to: