Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Getting account hacked by excepting items Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Getting account hacked by excepting items Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting account hacked by excepting items

Go down 
+5
Chips
Neptyc
Rene
Win32error
E&Troy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Getting account hacked by excepting items Empty
PostSubject: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Is it possible to get your account hacked by excepting items? I have played with someone who said they lost their account by taking an item from a hacker.
I also played with a hacker who said it's not possible, And now I'm confused.
/no/
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Not much use worrying over this. There's nobody EVER i heard of that had his account hacked, and i really don't see anyone spending the time to make it possible.
Back to top Go down
Rene
Seltas
Rene

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 3:44 pm

You can't get your account hacked, but you can get banned for having items you are not supposed to have if a hacker give them to you. Don't accept things like knives or other quest only items from any hacker or else you are taking a chance of getting banned. If you take them, either use them before you log off for the night or dump them.
Back to top Go down
Neptyc
Bnahabra
Neptyc

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 3:47 pm

I don't believe it's possible.I've been threatened enough by cheaters/hackers,and nothing has ever happened.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:51 pm

Rene wrote:
You can't get your account hacked, but you can get banned for having items you are not supposed to have if a hacker give them to you. Don't accept things like knives or other quest only items from any hacker or else you are taking a chance of getting banned. If you take them, either use them before you log off for the night or dump them.

This. Basically the only way to get banned, is if a hacker gives you knives or any other [account only] and [supply] items. These items only exist during a quest and should never be available in town or outside of a quest.

Like if a hacker is giving you a ration outside of a quest, dump it immediately.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Being given quest only items won't get you banned. I've had that happen I have usually tossed them my friend used to play with hackers and he used to be given items he would put then in his box most hacks will not get you banned unless used in the presence of a capcom moderator or using equipment that is not specific to your rank.

Also I highly doubt that you can get hacked it would have to be done through some oither third party to make it remotely possible homebrew channel only really effects you and the few hacks type effect your team members you have to be the host of the area
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 35

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 2:23 pm

you can get banned (not always, but it can happen) if someone gives you stuff that is not supposed to be giveable (monsters materials for example) or quest only items like knives, ration, first aid meds etc.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 2:27 pm

Yeah I know lol I have seen people being reported for accepting illegal items it's sad most don't know what they are accepting until they receive it and once they figure out what happens the next day they are banned happened to an old friend of mine when she was new she was banned after being reported and she isn't a hacker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 3:33 pm

must be 8 years old to believe something like that

what are they going to do, play your wii from another system? Delete your memory from another system? That is not possible. Wii does not support remote access.
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:41 pm

Vortiene wrote:

what are they going to do, play your wii from another system? Delete your memory from another system? That is not possible. Wii does not support remote access.

nah they gona have you banned, try read the posts...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:42 pm

Andrea88GOD wrote:
Vortiene wrote:

nah they gona have you banned, try read the posts...

read the first post? It's not about getting banned, its about getting hacked? thats what im referring to?

christ.
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:44 pm

I kno, but an asnwer like that might be deceiving, considering how people usually read only the last answers...
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Diablos
Stuff

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:10 pm

Don't share your wii id. Nobody really does, but if you do, it's safe to say that you got banned because someone else signed in as you and got banned. There is no remote access, but I can mask my id as someone else's. I've done it. I made my id 0 and each time I got banned I would add 1 to it. They were unoccupied ids for the most part and sometimes I would find it was used before so I would skip it. But that means I'm not the only person who messed with ids because there's no way someone legitimately has id 0000-0000-0000-0004. I was using these ids to try and block the ban function. Now I run around with orochi sword and kirin earring and ????. But who knows why anyone else was logging in to such low ids.

tl;dr:
Sharing your wii id is bad and I have video proof. One day I got banned before making this video, so I just grabbed an ID I found on someone's sig:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUGR8Ulyq5T-3eA9mXRJszWQ&feature=player_detailpage&v=X0I5RmsI7ko#t=34s

Anyone who's played with me knows that my Capcom ID isn't G9FKT6. It's in my hunter info. I didn't do anything to the dude. I don't think s/he even plays anymore.

But if I did get banned, it would've been him/her getting banned instead. I asked someone to sign in as id 0 after I got banned on it and he said it was banned. And then we switched roles just to make sure he wasn't lying. :p

I've had knives in my box and pouch forever. No reports, no ban. Nobody can see what your trading. And why would the cheater not get banned as well? Because s/he was the one reporting it? Trading involves 2 people, so both should be banned. Not just the receiver.

If it wasn't wii id theft(lol), the only thing I can imagine, assuming the person wasn't actually cheating, was that they traded something you can only get from high rank and tried equipping the new equipment they just forged. But even that's impossible because there's a rare check on both ends of the trade so only 2 cheaters can trade rare4+.

That's why I started with the id sharing cuz it's the most realistic reason for getting banned without being the cheater.

Nobody's gonna listen and we'll continue to see people talking about getting banned for reasons other than illegal equipment even though I've tried to say that that's not even possible >.>
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:32 pm

When I was referring to the guy who lost his account, he had received an item with the name kinda like this "F1n4Sf7n8G" or something like that, then after that he could no longer play that character.
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Diablos
Stuff

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 1:40 am

But there's no such item. Here's a list of every item in the game along with their digits/index#/w.e. Items that can't be acquired normally are the account/supply items, the various ERRs, -----, and those coins that don't exist.

Spoiler:

Any item with a number bigger than 0x02EA will be a -----. I've had a ----- for some time because of a bad custom quest and nothing has happened. I got it because one of the rewards was a item # -1(0xFFFF) and it had a 10% chance of being in the rewards and when you add up the reward percents you get like 107% or something when they should add up to 100 >.>. I traded it over to my guinea pig character by grabbing some random and telling him to hold it. I even traded a ERR just now to see if it would give me a funky message. I'm still here.

ERRs are like ???s except you don't get banned because ERRs are items, not equipment that doesn't match your HR.

But since it's not about bans, I think someone else might've messed with his wii. Maybe a little brother deleted his save by accident, the wii fell while saving or something resulting in corrupted data, maybe he was messing with horribly designed codes. Something on his end messed up. Nobody can do anything that bad remotely. And I'm telling you the game can handle funky items. My last guess is that his laser/disc is messed up and there was a problem when it tried to load that item's info.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 3:23 am

Stuff wrote:
Don't share your wii id. Nobody really does, but if you do, it's safe to say that you got banned because someone else signed in as you and got banned. There is no remote access, but I can mask my id as someone else's. I've done it. I made my id 0 and each time I got banned I would add 1 to it. They were unoccupied ids for the most part and sometimes I would find it was used before so I would skip it. But that means I'm not the only person who messed with ids because there's no way someone legitimately has id 0000-0000-0000-0004. I was using these ids to try and block the ban function. Now I run around with orochi sword and kirin earring and ????. But who knows why anyone else was logging in to such low ids.

tl;dr:
Sharing your wii id is bad and I have video proof. One day I got banned before making this video, so I just grabbed an ID I found on someone's sig:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUGR8Ulyq5T-3eA9mXRJszWQ&feature=player_detailpage&v=X0I5RmsI7ko#t=34s

Anyone who's played with me knows that my Capcom ID isn't G9FKT6. It's in my hunter info. I didn't do anything to the dude. I don't think s/he even plays anymore.

But if I did get banned, it would've been him/her getting banned instead. I asked someone to sign in as id 0 after I got banned on it and he said it was banned. And then we switched roles just to make sure he wasn't lying. :p

I've had knives in my box and pouch forever. No reports, no ban. Nobody can see what your trading. And why would the cheater not get banned as well? Because s/he was the one reporting it? Trading involves 2 people, so both should be banned. Not just the receiver.

If it wasn't wii id theft(lol), the only thing I can imagine, assuming the person wasn't actually cheating, was that they traded something you can only get from high rank and tried equipping the new equipment they just forged. But even that's impossible because there's a rare check on both ends of the trade so only 2 cheaters can trade rare4+.

That's why I started with the id sharing cuz it's the most realistic reason for getting banned without being the cheater.

Nobody's gonna listen and we'll continue to see people talking about getting banned for reasons other than illegal equipment even though I've tried to say that that's not even possible >.>

ID as in the thing you can send messages with? I'm honestly confused then again I always have been since the day we met.
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Diablos
Stuff

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:26 am

Yeah the Wii Friend Code that lets you mail each other in the wii menu. Not the Capcom ID.

It's fine if you absolutely trust the other player. But I trust 0 people like that other than my real life friends. And even they don't need my FC because we live like across the street from each other and we have so many other ways of communicating.

I had a dude hitting on Lexy asking me to share my FC with him so he could message me. I was like "Where do you find that? System Settings? I'll check later I gtg bye." but I never checked. He'd always ask if I checked and I'd tell him "I forgot. Maybe next time." He probably had no other reason to have my FC besides hitting on sexy me. But I get enough of that on MH and nobody gets my FC :p. He then stopped after I logged on as Stuff. lol.

I want to say it's rare for someone to steal your id because I never found the code anywhere. And if anyone finds the code, I imagine it only adds XX to your id and few people would actually know how to modify it. But I've seen quite a few names in the low ids. So I'm not the only person that can mask their wii id. Unless those were ids used during testing. >.>.

But even if it's rare, just don't share it. There's no reason to share it. If you want to chat outside of MH that bad, use a messenger or something. And if I turned on my wii to play some game, seeing someone's message telling me to play MH isn't gonna change my mind.
Back to top Go down
MidnightManiac
Felyne
MidnightManiac

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:57 am

Stuff wrote:
Don't share your wii id

Thanks, Stuff. You seem to actually know what you talk about, so I'd like to hear your opinion on these two quotes regarding hackers' modification of other people's data:

"The game runs peer to peer with 1 acting like a host telling the others what is going on in order to save bandwidth. While they can't modify your data directly in anyway, they CAN alter data that is currently active while they are acting as the host of either the zone or the quest. for an example think of how the people that are using the one hit kills need to have you leave the zone if they aren't the host."

"Trust me I know how hacking other people works in online situations and yes you do have to be the host, but with a little bit of looking around you can find someone's character data. Unless the way people hack on the Wii doesn't allow you to browse what is currently on the RAM you can easily modify people's data."
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Diablos
Stuff

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 11:59 am

1st quote is true. 2nd is false.

Stuff like monsters and anything else you need to host(w.e that is) can be altered by the host. Sometimes I run my hp multiplier which I have to host the quest for it to work because the code takes place during loading. On the non host side, they see 2x/x hp though(assuming they have a display). OHKO affects monsters so that's why it works when your host. I can alter a monster's stats as long as I host it. Just about any stat you can think of. Even traps duration. Along with 2x hp, I run instant and infinite rage with regen during rage. Sometime even inf stamina. The rage timer doesn't refresh but the host at least tells everyone that the monster is in rage. And of course the hp gets reported to everyone. Unfortunately, action repeater, transparency, and a few other stuff don't happen on everyone's screens. ;_; I was having so much fun with those.

Spoiler:

Player info I tried very hard to modify. Do you know how much I wish I could turn my suicide code into a kill Px code? But it's impossible. You can see other player's data in memory, but it gets refreshed by each player. You don't host players. Anyone who says that it pretty easy doesn't know what they are talking about or they've only seen the cheater's POV. I look for people and ask if they see anything unusual sometimes, but for the most part I have a friend with a usbgecko to switch roles with. The most I can do is change your name and make it purple and you won't even see that.

I can attach myself to you(tons of fun). Or so I thought. Since the player is sending you his or her info, there is a little delay. So what looks like I'm stuck to you on my end, looks like your dragging me on your end. But with that I can do all sorts of silly things in the city.

And I'm not sure what to say about bombs. I can make lbbs disappear regardless of who's hosting what and where it was placed. I don't have to host the quest and I can be at camp and I can make your bombs in area 12 disappear. There's a little delay, but it'll disappear. But on the other hand, I can stop sbb from exploding...but only on my end.

There is no area host afaik. Maybe for the minions, but I doubt it. If there was an area host, I think resources would spawn in the same spot for everyone. You host the monster if it sees you first.and if it leaves to an empty area, your still hosting it and you will still be host if it come to your area and you are there. Princess's Pride we failed because I was running those codes I mentioned before(requested by another player). We had no type of team work. Just 2 diablos that I'm hosting, one of them regenerating in some other area while we do a little bit of damage to the one in our area. Sonics can't happen cuz rage. Other diablos comes in with almost max hp, this one leaves to regen. Tons of fun. I tried making regen fair. It's only [Monster LVL]/3 per second or 2 seconds. It keeps lagiacrus interesting and alatreons(lvl50)...16 is alot of hp, man. But Princess's Pride is definitely doable with 2x hp, inf rage, and regen. We just had no team work at all and me and my friend stopped caring after we heard "need stamina". I didn't know I would still be host this way. It's the first time I saw it happen.

But yeah that's a nice thorough "what a hacker can and can't do" with a little story of the last thing I learned about hosting.
Back to top Go down
MidnightManiac
Felyne
MidnightManiac

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:35 am

Stuff wrote:
1st quote is true. 2nd is false.

Interesting... Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting account hacked by excepting items   Getting account hacked by excepting items Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting account hacked by excepting items
Page 1 of 1