Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

What do you think?
You have a good point Nana @_@;
62%
 62% [ 16 ]
No way! all speed runners are cheapo elitists!
8%
 8% [ 2 ]
Chips is the most mannered and skilled hunter, i accept him as my Eiyuu Ou! (King of Heroes)
30%
 30% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
Kanade
Seregios

Thank you Points : 172

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Mon May 21, 2012 1:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Most people here like to play Tri like me and that's just having fun beating random monsters with various weapons dressed in fashionable (yet functional) suits

Most of us have probably encountered the "Elitist" and we think of them, "wtf?! why they kicked me out?! they're speed running?! that's so cheap they must suck!"

But what if those players hunters just like you have fun playing most efficient as possible? and when you enter they're thinking... "wtf?! gotta kick this guy out, armor skill set dps isn't high enough and he's using a derpy weapon, that's so lame they must suck!" (Think how you feel when an "No Skills" set guy walks in and joins your Ala quest)

Most people will think I am a speed runner because of my HR but I've been on both sides of the coin, having played freestyle for 2500 hours and 999 HRs just derping around with stuff like Scholar armor and Yan Yue Dao G to my 3rd character 400 hours and 450 HRs which I have ran with speed runners on quests like Barilos and World Eater... I guess being revealed to the "other" side of things have opened my eyes a bit

so I present you with a question, aren't freestylers who look down on the "efficient" hunters for their "cheap" tactics in fact the Elitists themselves?

Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com

AuthorMessage
KratosAIK
Felyne

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Mon May 21, 2012 3:24 pm

I suppose everyone has their own ways.

Shame you guys are US (I assume you all are) I wouldn't mind some good hunts with you guys! Stupid EU/US separation.

I think elitism is different to notifying people they're wearing the wrong armour. If you just say its not the best for the mission, theres no harm really, but if you have a massive go at them for being stupid ... haha.

I do agree with the event ones though, especially those which are rarer to come by. It is necessary to get the most out the fews days they have, I never have time to get the stuff I need.

Let me know if you .. move to europe? ;)
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Mon May 21, 2012 3:30 pm

I'm bi regional lol
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Mon May 21, 2012 3:42 pm

@KratosAIK wrote:
I suppose everyone has their own ways.

Shame you guys are US (I assume you all are) I wouldn't mind some good hunts with you guys! Stupid EU/US separation.

I think elitism is different to notifying people they're wearing the wrong armour. If you just say its not the best for the mission, theres no harm really, but if you have a massive go at them for being stupid ... haha.

I do agree with the event ones though, especially those which are rarer to come by. It is necessary to get the most out the fews days they have, I never have time to get the stuff I need.

Let me know if you .. move to europe? ;)

If you softmod your Wii, it can allow you to play on EU servers, it works vice-versa. Unfortunately I'm way to lazy to softmod my Wii to enter EU servers. But yea, Yuki is bi-regional =P You can hunt with her. xD

There are quite a few active EU players, check the City Hall sometime, or the Chatbox to find some forumers to hunt with :3
Back to top Go down
KratosAIK
Felyne

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Mon May 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Yuki, if you're online tonight we could hunt? I will be on in a few hours if you're around?

I will eventually do so, but not until I'm using my own internet, don't wanna potentially ruin someone else's ;)

I have found some players on here and online, but as far as wiki guys go, its mainly US Sad by vort Most people on here are pretty cool anyway.

Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Mon May 21, 2012 4:32 pm

I'm partially elitist, but I try to help people, help their understanding of the game, not just, "You suck, gtfo." which I hear alot of these days when I'm on my alt. Then I screw up los with my hammer :D
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 35

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Tue May 22, 2012 7:07 am

I personally don't like "speed-runners", especially if they want me to change my stuff and follow their orders, mostly because I don't take orders from anyone.
When I enter a room I usually think about it, if it's a "skilled players only" when I enter I ask: "are you guys speed running or just random killing?", but when I forget to ask here's how the dialogue in one of those cities go:

me: hello
speedrunner: hi
speedrunner: can you use lance please?
me: ummm okay...
speedrunner: can you change you armor too and get hg earplugs?
speedrunner: bring extra trap and drop them when I tell you, ok?
me: bitch, all these rules....

and then I leave.

Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Tue May 22, 2012 8:31 am

@Andrea88GOD wrote:
I personally don't like "speed-runners", especially if they want me to change my stuff and follow their orders, mostly because I don't take orders from anyone.
When I enter a room I usually think about it, if it's a "skilled players only" when I enter I ask: "are you guys speed running or just random killing?", but when I forget to ask here's how the dialogue in one of those cities go:

and then I leave.

My favourites are the ones that do all of this, and then are just generally incompetent.

Like they expect me to bring 2 traps and 2 tools, gleam + aul or whatever... then they lance charge. And the ones who think that ala is literally impossible if you're not clusting or SBing.
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Tue May 22, 2012 8:36 am

@dainbramage wrote:
@Andrea88GOD wrote:

and then I leave.

My favourites are the ones that do all of this, and then are just generally incompetent.

Like they expect me to bring 2 traps and 2 tools, gleam + aul or whatever... then they lance charge. And the ones who think that ala is literally impossible if you're not clusting or SBing.

yeah, that's what usually happens if you make the mistake to follow orders from random speedrunners, anyway I met also some good ones. Those who actually tell you right away if they're speedrunning and politely ask if you wanto to join.
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Tue May 22, 2012 9:15 am

Get out, for we are team...............GUAN DAO!!!
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Tue May 22, 2012 9:26 am

What's wrong with speed running, as long as you're not being an elitist about it?
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Tue May 22, 2012 9:31 am

Shin Zelkami wrote:
What's wrong with speed running, as long as you're not being an elitist about it?

nothing...and there's nothing against most of the elitists either, just against those elitist who think they are so awesome to being able to order people around, mostly because they usually aren't.
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Tue May 22, 2012 9:37 am

Why is there a dating ad for chinese lady.com dafrik
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Tue May 22, 2012 9:47 am

@laoshanicrus wrote:
Why is there a dating ad for chinese lady.com dafrik

lolwut? where?
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Tue May 22, 2012 9:49 am

Its gone if I see it again ill make it my profile pic
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Tue May 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by kama on Tue May 22, 2012 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 1 edit O.O)
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm

It's Chips, not Chip

and yeah, what you said still happens to me, and I've played for like 2500 hours in 2 years.
carting elitists are funny as hell, because when you point out their mistakes they are all like "STFU noob" and "Im the master and ruler of this game so GTFO".

Last edited by Andrea88GOD on Tue May 22, 2012 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lou Urau
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Tue May 22, 2012 1:59 pm

@kama wrote:

Randie: you have a pierce set don't you?

What is a pierce set exactly?

And if you meet up with the "Douche" Elitist. As this forum is pointing out.
You can leave and such. (I've personally only met one ass elite but i thought he was funny as hell so IDK)

But if you meet one, just go along with it. And when he is stunned from an attack, sharpening, or whatever. L Bomb+ him. That or use a felyne bomb. And if your a hammer user, just come up from behind and Superpound him.

Basically, stabbing them in the back just to show.

It's what I wound do personally. But meh...You could do that or join the quest and BRB it. OR if your a gunner, hit the monster with health shots several times till where the time runs out or something.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Tue May 22, 2012 2:48 pm

@Andrea88GOD wrote:
It's Chips, not Chip

and yeah, what you said still happens to me, and I've played for like 2500 hours in 2 years.
carting elitists are funny as hell, because when you point out their mistakes they are all like "STFU noob" and "Im the master and rule of this game so GTFO".

I won't mention my hours lol they are probably higher than most if not all members except our lead admin. But yeah I still cart sometimes lol I don't know what is it about rank it tends to change people not just speed runners on both sides of the spectrum you get terrible elitiste that think they are better than you just because they are higher and then when you out class them they get all butt hurt and still call you noob or say you hack but that is my personal experience.
Back to top Go down
Luciarn
Popo

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Tue May 22, 2012 4:55 pm

@Lou Urau wrote:

But if you meet one, just go along with it. And when he is stunned from an attack, sharpening, or whatever. L Bomb+ him. That or use a felyne bomb. And if your a hammer user, just come up from behind and Superpound him.

It's what I wound do personally. But meh...You could do that or join the quest and BRB it. OR if your a gunner, hit the monster with health shots several times till where the time runs out or something.

Isn't that a bit like... stooping to their level?
Because believe me, I would rage to no end if somebody did this to me! :P
Also, consider the fact that other people on the team might not be douches and want to finish the quest as soon as possible to leave the city.
IMO, you just waste -not only others- but also your own time by purposefully failing a quest...
I'd find it better to save time and just leave the city with dignity (yeah, i know, it sounds cheesy :P)
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Tue May 22, 2012 8:01 pm

@Yuki wrote:
@Andrea88GOD wrote:
It's Chips, not Chip

carting elitists are funny as hell, because when you point out their mistakes they are all like "STFU noob" and "Im the master and rule of this game so GTFO".

I won't mention my hours lol they are probably higher than most if not all members except our lead admin. But yeah I still cart sometimes lol I don't know what is it about rank it tends to change people not just speed runners on both sides of the spectrum you get terrible elitiste that think they are better than you just because they are higher and then when you out class them they get all butt hurt and still call you noob or say you hack but that is my personal experience.

Dcj's gameplay time is less than everyone's xD
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Tue May 22, 2012 9:55 pm

@Lou Urau wrote:
@kama wrote:

Randie: you have a pierce set don't you?

What is a pierce set exactly?

Something designed to use pierce S. For example, a fairly typical pierce 1 set would look like this (with the gun in this example being t-rex/grin/thundacrus).

Most high HR hunters will have one, it's just a case of people insisting on what you use.
Back to top Go down
Lou Urau
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Wed May 23, 2012 12:12 am

@Luciarn wrote:
@Lou Urau wrote:

Isn't that a bit like... stooping to their level?
Because believe me, I would rage to no end if somebody did this to me! :P
Also, consider the fact that other people on the team might not be douches and want to finish the quest as soon as possible to leave the city.
IMO, you just waste -not only others- but also your own time by purposefully failing a quest...
I'd find it better to save time and just leave the city with dignity (yeah, i know, it sounds cheesy :P)
Well i mean if it is just you and the Hunter.

But it's basically going lower to basically show that it is not, "My way or the highway".
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Wed May 23, 2012 1:05 am

That's the problem with trolling, its hilarious to you until someone does it to you then its another post about a douche in the waaahbulance meanwhile you're being the same douche to someone else.

If everyone keeps trying to outdouche each other to prove whatever point, all we're left with is a server full of douches no matter how just the douche thinks they are in their douchery
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Wed May 23, 2012 2:16 am

Nana want us to stop trolling the troll. otherwise, "Stop feeding the troll." Very common sense. So much for my Troll set, i think its time for it to retire and never used it again I guessed.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Wed May 23, 2012 2:50 am

^- Not particularly, even I troll sometimes which I try not to do but gosh I hate doing quests for leechers T_T; I'm not expecting everyone to be as boss as Chips :P

Only difference is I understand people will troll me too so I don't post about it(maybe I'll tell a story if its funny) but there are posts out there complaining about noobs, trolls, elitists etc yet the one doing the complaining are preforming the same actions as their complaints (not directed at anyone specifically just to provoke some self reflection before someone makes a post in the waaahbulance thread or decide on trolling someone or complaining about elitists)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   Today at 1:05 pm

Back to top Go down

The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next