Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?

Go down 
+29
Laavalamppu
evahnulahm
Arekeon
DarthXero
Otoshimo
Sylais1107
bird157
Jay Yudoh
Vivi
PioloMan
Sai_
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Blair H
N1GH7M4R3
Stabster
Kanade
Monster Hunter Cade
Yuki
Neptyc
Roon
MGRaiden97
laoshanicrus
Andrea88GOD
Silver
Luciarn
Ultimate Jaggi
Oron
Lou Urau
Jake Johnson
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jake Johnson
Khezu

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 11:00 am

First topic message reminder :

I first learned about Monster Hunter Tri (in fact, the whole Monster Hunter series) when it was mentioned on an episode of Nintendo Week (a weekly news video magazine appearing on the Wii's Nintendo Channel.)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 7:48 pm

I first saw it in a magazine which said there was a slight possibility of it coming to America and I was like, "meh, the f*** is this?"
A pair of months later "MONSTER HUNTER TRI FINALLY IN AMERICA". Read the article (which was very far away from what the game mechanics actually were). Later I was on youtube and Auto-spoiled myself by watching the fight against Ceadeus (only the first 30 seconds).
Then I bought to know how it was, and liked it.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 2:13 pm

I saw it on a commercial. At first I was like "Ugh, I've already seen so many 'Deadliest Catch' commercials" so I was about to change the channel but I'm glad i didn't cause then Lagiacrus came out and the commercial was awesome and so I got the game the same year it came out on the summer. I'm still playing :3
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:52 am

Blair H wrote:
I found Monster Hunter Freedom for the PSP in a pile of games in a gaming store a few years ago, the name sounded cool so I pulled it out the pile and looked at it, I bought it straight away lol (Dat front cover is epic). So yeah, I pretty much started the Series from MHF. My PSP broke and I never got around to getting a new one (Until like a week ago.) and pretty much never played MH. I was pissed for quite a while about it lol.
Then one day I saw a poster in that same shop for Tri, and orgasmed (not literally) at the fact that one of the best games of my childhood could be saved. :D!
i remember the omega long loading times in that game. Loved the felyne kitchens in that game too. *Ding ding* "Fatty Tomato and Heaven Bread please!"
Back to top Go down
PioloMan
Kelbi
PioloMan

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:42 am

My friend told me and started playing every weekeends.

Name:piolo
ID:2Z2DDH
Servers:U.S.
i always play during weekends
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:47 am

Well I have always been considered unlucky in reality...

I dunno if it was because the store didnt use enough blu-tak or tape but I learned about Tri from a poster advertising it...which kinda fell ontop of me in the pathway. I thought hey it looks good anyways, might as well check it out right?
But when I saw the game I was unimpressed by it and placed it back on the shelf (derp).
So I went home to read some reviews, checked out this forum and after a few weeks I returned to the store to purchase it. Unfortunately the store didnt have any new ones left, so I looked around the pre-owned section to see if there were other games. Then I noticed there was a MH Tri game in the stacks (Totally worth £4.99) and so I grabbed it and taken it home~

Shame they didnt let me keep the poster. But since ive been hooked on MH from that day :3
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:21 pm

Sapphire wrote:
Well I have always been considered unlucky in reality...

I dunno if it was because the store didnt use enough blu-tak or tape but I learned about Tri from a poster advertising it...which kinda fell ontop of me in the pathway.
It was a sign from the MH Gods.

You're lucky you got it for cheap. I had to sell a ton of xbox and psp games just to raise $60 to get that game (I'm poor)
Back to top Go down
Jay Yudoh
Aptonoth
Jay Yudoh

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 2:52 pm

Nintendo Power
Back to top Go down
bird157
Kelbi
bird157

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 2:29 am

I saw an ad in Nintendo Power when it first came out. I saw a classic controller pro on there, too. I thought, "Huh. Looks cool." Marched myself out to Gamestop, looked at the cover, and said, "Huh. Looks cool." Picked up the game and a CC pro. I even got a discount for buying them together! Story has happy end now.
Back to top Go down
Sylais1107
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:50 pm

I played the original Monster Hunter on the PS2 when it first came out.

Though impressed, I had great difficulty with the gameplay.

I originally heard about MHT a while ago when I was browsing the you tube and came across SocialDissonance's channel.

Picked it up a few days ago, logged 200 hours into the offline (since my internet was down) and now I've just started the online portion =)
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 1:24 am

saw the videos of that hilarious viking sounding guy on the Nintendo Channel. would of never bought the game if it wasn't for a viking just wanting a monster burger XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
DarthXero
Kelbi
DarthXero

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 2:42 pm

I actually learned about Monster Hunter Tri by watching a stream of it on Livestream, I was instantly hooked after seeing someone fight Lagiacrus XD (Though I have hydrophobia, so the underwater part wasn't all that fun ><).
Back to top Go down
http://www.livestream.com/sofstream
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:11 pm

DarthXero wrote:
I actually learned about Monster Hunter Tri by watching a stream of it on Livestream, I was instantly hooked after seeing someone fight Lagiacrus XD (Though I have hydrophobia, so the underwater part wasn't all that fun ><).

No better way of conqueroring ones fear of water than throwing a giant electrical crocodile in the midst XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Arekeon
Kelbi
Arekeon

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:39 am

i found monster hunter during my freshman year of high school when my friend handed me her psp during a mission to kill crimson fatalis during lunch i got killed but i loved it it was fun and freaking scary
Back to top Go down
Arekeon
Kelbi
Arekeon

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:41 am

i found monster hunter when my friend handed me her psp during a mission to kill crimson fatalis during lunch i got killed but i loved it it was fun and freaking scary
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:33 pm

This is how I first got interested in MH.

Ctrl Alt Dlt Comic
Back to top Go down
Laavalamppu
Kelbi
Laavalamppu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:38 am

First my friend mentioned about it and I was like *pfft* i don't care. Then he sent me a link in Skype and I watched it and bought it right away!
Back to top Go down
xMorningstar
Cephalos
xMorningstar

Thank you Points : 24

3DS friends code: 3866 8038 1961
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 4:40 am

Official Nintendo Magazine. I still have the issue hiding somewhere around here. It was a preview on it.
Pretty much thought it looked really awesome so I was determined to get it.
Tri was my first MH and I really hope it isn't my last ;_;
Back to top Go down
Vax
Aptonoth
Vax

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Exactly this, except I found mine at Walmart and I remember my older brothers friends would play MH on the PsP, I never got to play it or really watch it but I always thought it was cool and when I checked the game out I liked it, and just got it.
Lou Urau wrote:
I found it in best buy and basically said, Oh this looks cool. And bought it.
Back to top Go down
Cragger
Popo
Cragger

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:51 am

My cousin introduced me to MHFU, knew I wouldn't have a chance at getting a PSP so when I saw an ad for MH3 I convinced my parents to get me a Wii for christmas (I couldn't buy one myself as i was only 13 and no pocket money) now I've got 150+ hrs from offline and haven't been able to go online due to ethernet. Sad by vort
Bought an XBox a year ago and only just got interested in MH again (Skyrim, Fallout) when I read MH Orage.
Back to top Go down
direhunter
Aptonoth
direhunter

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Had some money to blow in Gamestop, saw tri and thought "that looks cool", and the rest is history...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?   How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did you first learn about Monster Hunter Tri?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2