Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Shin Megami Tensei : Persona thread! Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Shin Megami Tensei : Persona thread! Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shin Megami Tensei : Persona thread!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

Shin Megami Tensei : Persona thread! Empty
PostShin Megami Tensei : Persona thread!

I saw that there was no Persona thread , so here is one!

Go wikipedia quote!
Quote :
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona, known in Japan as PERSONA (ペルソナ Perusona?) is a series of role-playing video games developed and published by Atlus. The series is a spin-off of the Megami Tensei series which focuses on demon summoners. However, the Persona series centers around groups of teenagers who have the ability to summon facets of their psyche, known as Personas, into being. The game draws many elements from Jungian psychology and various Jungian archetypes. The first game in the series is called Megami Ibunroku (女神異聞録?) in Japan which translates to "Record of the Goddess' Strange Tales," denoting a side story or alternate universe. The series underwent a drastic change in design during Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 which introduced elements of simulation games into the series which was continued in Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4. Each title in the series utilizes a different method to summon Personas such as Evokers in Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3[1] and Tarot cards in Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4.[2] While the North American localizations of the Persona series all carry the Shin Megami Tensei label, the Persona series is actually a spin-off of the Shin Megami Tensei main series.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I was PERSONAlly introduced to the series with Persona 3 Portable on the PSP and later was amazed with Persona 4 (which is coming to PSvita as Persona 4 the Golden)!

The games so far are :
-Persona (First game of the series , somewhat of a beta version)
-Persona 2 Inossent sin and Eternal Punishment
-Persona 3 (For me it's the best of the series , go play it)
-Persona 3 FES (includes the original game plus a lot of extra content and continues the story)
-Persona 4 (Great , great , great game. Did I mention it's great? It also got an anime called Persona 4 the animation)
- Persona Arena (a fighting game with teh characters from persona 3 and 4)

Also there are the portable versions of persona 2 , persona 3 and soon to come persona 4 the Golden

So... Discuss!
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Shin Megami Tensei : Persona thread! :: Comments

dcj91x
Re: Shin Megami Tensei : Persona thread!
Post Thu May 31, 2012 12:17 pm by dcj91x
I'll just let you read this BFF:

http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/05/shin-megami-tensei-4-for-3ds-announced/
BoredForLife
Post Thu May 31, 2012 12:38 pm by BoredForLife
Oh godamnit! Those stupid idiots will release the next one on 3d-oh wait that is just SMT not persona :<
dcj91x
Post Thu May 31, 2012 12:48 pm by dcj91x
The 3DS is amazing, and the last SMT (though just a port) looked and did really well on the 3DS. I wouldn't be suprised if Persona 4 showed up on the 3DS as well. especially see how well it is doing.

Also with the cards they use in the Persona games... They would fit in great as 3DS AR cards. Look at the Kid Icarus AR cards and soon the Kingdom Hearts AR cards. they go for quite a bit online and even now several companies are talking about making actual AR collectable games according to rumors online.

So it would not be a streatch to think it could be on the 3DS...

But for now at least the Vita gets a good game: http://www.gaming-age.com/2012/05/persona-4-golden-coming-to-the-ps-vita-this-fall/
BoredForLife
Post Thu May 31, 2012 1:09 pm by BoredForLife
I really dont think persona would be coming to any other console than Sony ones... If you think about it , the franchise is only for Playstations...

But yeah the gameplay would indeed fit the 3ds... But I doubt it would be transfered to other consoles like nintendo. Actually if it was a sequel and not a rerelease of one of the games , I would say shame on them. The KH style money-grabbing releases have been enough already....
dcj91x
Post Thu May 31, 2012 2:08 pm by dcj91x
Yea I suppose you are right. It's like the Monster Hunter series. It will stay on the PSP and sony systems also.

But to keep on topic, Persona is a good series. But most of the SMT games are.

Shin Megami Tensei : Persona thread!

Page 1 of 1