Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

No more MH for sony?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: No more MH for sony?   Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:19 pm

(my opinion)

Soul Sacrifice has recently been being called the Vitas answer to Monster Hunter in lue of the two newest MH games being on the Nintendo 3DS. Published by Sony themselves and directed by a man who has quickly become a rival to Capcom, former employee and proponent to the ways many Japanese game companies are are handling the business, Mr. Keiji Inafune.

It seems to me that Sony has deliberately decided to give up on the MH series and create their own (similar) instead. One that they have decided to localize.

IMO this would not sit well with Capcom in any way. Why would they want to continue to put one of their biggest game series on a companies system that has now put out a rival game of their own? Also the sales of their first game (MH3G) in their own home country on a brand new system, less than a year old at the time sold extremely well showing Capcom that there was a market for them to continue putting MH on the 3DS. And with the low number of Vita sales and high 3DS sales world wide it continues to add up with reasons why Capcom would want to keep making the MH series for Nintendo only (if they decide to stick with just handhelds) over Sony.

So what are your thoughts? (please no bashing or such)

EDIT:

Please keep the main talk to Monster Hunter overall... Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Red

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code: FITE ME FOR IT!
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): alright as long as i'm not hosting

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:38 pm

well i won't lie i'm going to miss mh on ps but i guess what ever will be will be.
still going to be on something i guess so i'm not that sad about it... .
as for the remake umm kinda disappointed in sony but meh things happen =/ .
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Totally agree, not only that making MH for Nintendo it's cheaper!!, and fresh.
Why? well have you seen the sistems resolutions?? if you buy a game for ps3 or psp and the graphics are bad you go like /mad/ , obviusly if is not a good game.
Now with 3ds the graphics are not "that good" but hey!! its 3d!! so it feals more real, (i just cant wait to see a diablos going at me with the horns or coming out from the ground man im going to jump on my sit).

So besides the fact that Sony is getting another MH like game (didnt know going to google it), the fact is Nintendo is always trying different things, why? becouse people want different!!! the mh formula is great but now you can do more??? climbing on a monster, more things get destroyed, etc also in 3d!!!.

Well that's why i think, MH is staying with nintendo for good, but im not buying a 3ds or a wii u until a MH is released /yes/ , for the time being im still playing MH tri wich i left all alone for almost a year man im so exited to get home after work everyday and the weekends are always hunting events for me hehee.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:18 pm

^ A better reason why it should go to console's like PS3 and Xbox is simply because they have normal controllers x: which makes it less wonky.

I don't like having to pay extra add-ons so that it will be easier to play. Especially in a game like MH where control is everything.

It took me awhile to master Wiimote+Chuk for Tri, but there's still no way I can counter perfectly with lance, or have positions of Lvl 3 Charges where I want them to be, because I don't have a classic controller.

Where I live, add-ons like these don't come cheap and they're hard to find as well.

The 3DS does have the implementation of touchscreen as the camera angle, and it's even customizable, but some people prefer a more solid touch for ensured results in their movements.

Nintendo might be innovative, that's great and all, but for games like MH, I'd prefer more user-friendly controllers, without having to purchase add-ons, or an entirely special controller altogether.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:36 pm

I really want to believe that capcom won't give up sony. OH WAIT IT'S CAPCOM! WHO CARES IF MONHUN MET ITS' POPULARITY ON PSP!

I really hate to say it but there will be no new MonHun for sony devices. Why? Because production of games for high graphics platforms are too pricy. And if there is one thing capcom adores it's money. They love it. They inject it in their blood.

3DS is a great platform to have monhun on as there is a double screen and 3DSXL will be even better for the job. BUT capcom is showing once again how easily they can piss on their fans. A whole generation of japanese players used psp for MonHun. Before them they used ps2. So now what do they do? They go for some money-grabbing and tadaaaa we have monster hunter tri. What will the MH fans do? Buy a wii and buy tri on it! New generation of monster hunter? Wouldn't it be wise to release it on a big console and not a portable one? LOLWUT!? Hell no! Let's release it on a portable one!
Make it so people with old DS can play Monster hunter DS games? NOP! 3DS! Buy new consoles!!

You know what I think? I think the copyrights for the monster hunter franchise should be bought from another company. Actually another company must buy all the capcom franchises and capcom must burn to the ground.
Capcom has hit rock bottom for me. Their games are great but they dont respect their consumers and they piss on everything but money.

Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:25 pm

So to sum up:
-MH would be real great on a last generation HD console (ps3;xbox) thats a given.
-Developing this kind of games cost money and capcom doesn't want to spend more.
-Realease and a last generation console but get more revenue THE WII.....(me at 2009 with the release of mh tri on japan >> /versad/ omg yeeeeesss im so happy).
-Focus on the new stuff without the extra money to make it hd.
-Parter with NINTENDO to release it as a bundle with new controllers becouse the mecanics without it are "innovative" but crappy, aka not for hardcore players ( yea i got my wii pro controller after i got beaten by great jaggy loooool).
-Never leave nintendo becouse they have a new game that is like monsterh hunter, ummmm if Sony offers more money to capcom we will have mh on the vita just wait for it>>>stares at mh hd on japan.

So in the end is all about the money and yea if they release a mh to ps3 ill get one, if they do on xbox ill get one hell i got a ps2, a psp , a wii the last want didnt got it becouse of MH >.< that was just lucky the got it to the wii.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Chips, I think you may have it a bit backwards, it may be Sony that gave up on MH not Capcom that gave up on Sony.

With Sony making their own "MH like" games for the Vita headed by Capcoms rival (talking about Soul Sacrifice) and just the way they are currently handling the vita over all, along with Dragons Dogma and other games on the PS3 that makes a console MH for them.... Well unneeded, again it might not have been completely Capcoms choice to abandon MH on the Sony platform if indeed they did.

And if they did going to Nintendo makes the most since as the 3DS and the WiiU in theory both share duel screens which means is Capcom decided to they could make (HD) versions of the 3DS games and still keep the touch screen and duel analog stick controls from the 3DS+CPP.

If they didn't abandon Sony, going to Nintendo while the vita waits to get more systems sold still makes sense. Though MH is a system seller the quick rise in sells of the 3DS after the price drop made a great reason to put a popular game onto it and if Nintendo made a deal with cap (Which is very likely) to make the CPP for them (which the main cames that use it are and were first announced as Capcom games) makes putting the MH games on the 3DS even more inticing for them.

Now we add one more thing into the mix for not just Capcom to put the MH games on the 3DS but other 3RD party games as well. Nintendo is actually paying for most of the marketing and some of the development cost (especially with the WiiU) on some games. Sony and Microsoft are not and can not as far as I know able or willing to do this.

So, for the time being anyways. MH on the 3DS over Sony and the 360 makes the most sense. Like it or not. But that can always change.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:28 am

^I'm not spectating on that, however the console's MH picks are not very control friendly.

I would prefer MH4 on Wii U instead of 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Durans
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:00 am

Monster Hunter 4 has been in development some time, the decision to put it on 3DS was made before the Vita was released, possibly before even the 3DS was released. Saying they did it because of the 3DS is selling more is false, especially when 3G is partly responsible for those sales.

While it makes sense for them to not move it to yet another system they could have made 3G for the Wii and had 4 on another system like either PS3, Vita, or even the Wii U. Something probably happened to make Capcom shift from Sony to Nintendo, but we probably won't ever know what that was.

MH4 will sell well in Japan on the 3DS, outside Japan may be another story. Capcom wants Monster Hunter to do better in the west but I think with the game on the 3DS it might fail to deliver. I think part of their disappointment with the sales of Tri is they failed to realize just how much of the Wii's user base in the west is younger kids or casual gamers, not the demographic they were looking for with MH. I really don't think the 3DS is going to be much better in this regard, in fact it just might be worse.

Back to top Go down
DrROBschiz
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Wasn't MHP3rd listed on the E3 pamphlet for Sony?

I mean it wasn't present but the prevailing rumor is that they may still bring that one over here in digital form

Has this been debunked already? I would absolutely love to have P3rd playing on my beautiful Vita screen... even if its just the PSP version.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:29 pm

^ So far there's only the MHP3rd JP HD Version on PSN.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:35 pm

I like the idea of Capcom to do something on a different console, but they just won some enemies.
The 3ds with the dual screens have more posibilities to customize it, so people would find it intereting and have only the informtation they want on the lower screen so people can feel confortable.
Now the Vita didn't did well, is a great console but they need to work it better.
Maybe with this happening (MH, Hunter Blade, and this other game sony is making) maybe the MH gameplay will end as a new subgenre in the Hack n Slash genre.
I don't care which one I play, the only thing I want in when I buy a game is to have fun.
Back to top Go down
DrROBschiz
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:51 am

holding out hope for some MH news from sony/capcom at TGS

PLEASE GOD GIVE US SOMETHING
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:01 am

Darn - I always though a MH game on the Playstation 3 would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
DrROBschiz
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:20 am

I don't think its too far fetched to hope for.

I mean i know Sony messed it up by not wanting to support adhoc party and complaining to Capcom about not adding trophies.

I really hope Sony reconsiders its relationship with Capcom now that its making Nintendo games.

I want full support on both platforms!
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:29 pm

@DrROBschiz wrote:
I don't think its too far fetched to hope for.

I mean i know Sony messed it up by not wanting to support adhoc party and complaining to Capcom about not adding trophies.

I really hope Sony reconsiders its relationship with Capcom now that its making Nintendo games.

I want full support on both platforms!
Based on what dcj said then it will be quite hard to get MH on both platforms, not to mention how bad Vita started
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:47 pm

^ It could go either way... Though The vita is having... troubles, it really depends on Sony not so much Capcom if a new MH is released for the system or not.
Back to top Go down
DrROBschiz
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:09 am

Once again

Sony keeps getting in the way of their admittedly awesome hardware.

Why does it like to destroy itself so much?
Back to top Go down
Durans
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Sony would have to be stupid to modify the ad-hoc party system in the west for just one game made by another company. As much as Monster Hunter fans may wish that would have happened it doesn't make any sense for Sony to do it.

In the end Capcom moved to Nintendo because they are cheap. For all we know they might just stay there. It really depends on how the fans in Japan respond, what we think about the issue doesn't really matter.

Back to top Go down
DrROBschiz
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:32 am

@Durans wrote:
Sony would have to be stupid to modify the ad-hoc party system in the west for just one game made by another company. As much as Monster Hunter fans may wish that would have happened it doesn't make any sense for Sony to do it.

In the end Capcom moved to Nintendo because they are cheap. For all we know they might just stay there. It really depends on how the fans in Japan respond, what we think about the issue doesn't really matter.

Why do you have to keep dropping truth bombs like this

Damn hope crusher :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No more MH for sony?   Today at 9:12 pm

Back to top Go down

No more MH for sony?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1