Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The "Battle Carvers" Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The "Battle Carvers" Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The "Battle Carvers"

Go down 
+20
PeaceofBert
Andrea88GOD
Ataraxia
WyvernGS
bill_the_noob
helios
kama
Silver
MGRaiden97
It's meh
Monster Hunter Cade
Godzilla2195
Lalo
Win32error
Leonhardt
Edsain
Stuff
laoshanicrus
Chips
Blair H
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blair H
Melynx
Blair H

Thank you Points : 3

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The "Battle Carvers" Empty
PostSubject: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:49 am

These are the people who annoy me the most.
Y'know, the ones who stop fighting, no matter what the situation, just to pick up a shiny/carve a nearby small monster or to carve tails.
One time, I was fighting Jho with some random guy, when it's tail was cut off..
And while he was carving it, I was being EATEN ALIVE.
That's pretty much it..lol.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:51 am

You should've brought a dung bomb mate ;)
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:39 pm

I once carved a tail mid fight and got a rathian plate lol
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Diablos
Stuff

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:46 pm

I carve bnahabra every chance I get. I don't see anything wrong with that. >.>

I think it's just that there's this thrill of carving mid-fight. You risk getting hit and having to carve again. Just getting hit. Because I would certainly not be worried about dying. Although I do make Fortiify look good. XD
Back to top Go down
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:10 pm

id prefer 12 times to get a plate from a shiny than saving others "cuz dey not brng dungz"
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga
Leonhardt

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:17 pm

i just watch them carve and get hit/cart, then i laugh
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:43 pm

When it comes to shinies, you're pretty much required to carve them while the monster is near. As for the rest, you are responsible for yourself. If i get hit while carving, i make sure i got enough health not to die. If you die while i'm carving, then maybe you should've been carved too ;).

Besides, monsters usually provide a big enough gap to carve something and then dive through their next attack.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:56 pm

It us pretty normal, I just dont like when the guy carving has a pretty low health.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Some of the best stories are made by these people. My friend, tyler, is a die hard "Battle Carver". My brothers always watch when I hunt with him, because he's always going to carve the tails right away.
Back to top Go down
Monster Hunter Cade
Popo
Monster Hunter Cade

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:48 pm

whenever i cut off a tail, i carve imeddietly, cause i'm worried that it will either have dissapered by the time i kill the monster, or that it will be to far away to get in the 1 minute or 20 seconds after you kill or capture the big monster.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Funniest moments are when people are carving Barroth's tail when Barroth is in full charge.

All I can hear is the sound of a train before the hunters are viciously paved into the ground.
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:12 pm

Most of the time when you play with random people, it just turns out to be every man for himself, but having the same objective.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:34 am

The best part, I should add, is when you realize that carving at that exact moment was a HORRIBLY bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Melynx
Silver

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA????

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:07 am

My thoughts exactly MH Cade /yes/
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:36 am

When i see that happen, i just go up to them n kick them, plus post my favorite comment "O__O". ill let that speak to them.
Back to top Go down
helios
Kelbi
helios

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:22 am

Blair H wrote:
These are the people who annoy me the most.
Y'know, the ones who stop fighting, no matter what the situation, just to pick up a shiny/carve a nearby small monster or to carve tails.
I'm like that, really. But if you are getting eaten alive by some crazy Rathalos, i'm the first one to try and get him off you with either dung bombs, or my sword /yes/

Luckily, i never hunted w/ people like that. We carve tails/ Pick up shiny if the monster is already gone

Back to top Go down
bill_the_noob
Bnahabra
bill_the_noob

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): France

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:28 am

i'm not annoyed by that, it take every opportunity to upswing/superpound anyone carving / mining in quest
Back to top Go down
WyvernGS
Kecha Wacha
WyvernGS

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 3926-4380-9866
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:45 am

bill_the_noob wrote:
i'm not annoyed by that, it take every opportunity to upswing/superpound anyone carving / mining in quest

I hope you mean that's what you're more annoyed by =_=

Doing it while someone is being devoured is kinda crappy, but not having dungs isn't as bad as forgetting hot/cold drinks imo, which happens hella frequently around me at least, so helping the downed person shouldn't be an issue. As far as the carving (when a teammate isn't in need) goes, it's really not difficult at all to time your carve with the monster's attacks, especially in a group, and I carve shiny/tail drops pretty often during combat myself.
Back to top Go down
bill_the_noob
Bnahabra
bill_the_noob

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): France

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:28 am

@wyvernGS : when some1 is pinned i usually lifepow/dung, whichever item i find first
upswinging carving people is not a priority, and believe it or not, you save lives by doing that
tails don't magically disappear so there's really no excuse carving in fight, (and shiny rewards are crap ). Of course you can time your carve so you dont get hit, but you'll waste 30seconds waiting for the opportunity to do so while you should be focusing on attacking.

Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:33 am

Depends on the circumstance really, if I know that the monster isn't anywhere near death and instead is just gonna move areas if we keep hitting him, then I'll wait until it does so to carve. Generally though, if someone is pinned I hope they haven't brought dungs, unless they're low on health. It gives us a lot of free hits and if there's a competent hammerer in the team, the stamina regain is negligible.
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 35

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:42 am

I usually point out the fact that they could carve the tail when the monster leaves, some listen, some don't.... -_-
those who don't will not hunt with me again, simple.
Back to top Go down
PeaceofBert
Aptonoth
PeaceofBert

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:21 am

I hate this. That is the number 1 noob move to pull in rank and in frequency. It shows you have a lack of self control, selflessness, competency, and many other things. The tail is not going anywhere...wait until the monster leaves or dies.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:32 am

only annoys me if I'm the one who solo-cut it, it's seems disrespectful for me. I always wait till the cutter to carve or leaves it first - I guess is just one of my quirks
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Ken Kurobasa
Cephalos
Ken Kurobasa

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:59 am

I do it offline, because the only person I can blame is myself and I pay the price anyhow... though since now and days it is just weak little Luddie getting capped and I don't even need his mats, I don't even bother cutting tails sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Neptyc
Bnahabra
Neptyc

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:49 am

bill_the_noob wrote:
tails don't magically disappear

Quest with more than one monster,but I imagine you're talking single monsters.In which case,people should just wait for the monster to zone.But if they feel like taking a risk,what is the big deal?They're usually leechers,or newbies...not like they will be helping much.

OT:As to complaining about being ate while someone carves,it's kind of your own fault for not bringin dungbombs,or learning how to button mash your way out of te pin.Although,Jho tends to be tough to button mash/escape.

I'm not saying that your team mates should leave you there,just pointing out that you're just as much to blame for not bringin dungbombs.

It's funny,to me,that about half of the people I see complaining about things like this will turn around and bitch when they miss a carve. <.<

My suggestion:
Hunt with people you trust,or just solo everything.If you solo everything,you can come back here and gain your praise and glory. :o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Battle Carvers"   The "Battle Carvers" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "Battle Carvers"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next