Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Favorite Weapon in MHFU  Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Favorite Weapon in MHFU  Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite Weapon in MHFU

Go down 
+9
GobulHunterJames
WorldEaterrr
Lalo
Monster Hunter Cade
Baby Fatalis
MGRaiden97
BoredForLife
Silver
ArchsOfTheia
13 posters

What is you favorite weapon
Great Sword (GS)
Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_lcap23%Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 18 ]
Long Sword (LS)
Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_lcap25%Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 20 ]
Sword & Shield (SnS)
Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_lcap4%Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Dual Swords (DS)
Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_lcap9%Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 7 ]
Hammer (HM)
Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_lcap11%Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 9 ]
Hunting Horn (HH)
Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_lcap5%Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 4 ]
Lance (LN)
Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_lcap3%Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Gunlance (GL)
Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_lcap5%Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 4 ]
Bowguns (LGB+HGB)
Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_lcap4%Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Bow (BW)
Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_lcap11%Favorite Weapon in MHFU  I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 79

AuthorMessage
ArchsOfTheia
Kelbi
ArchsOfTheia

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Favorite Weapon in MHFU  Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Weapon in MHFU    Favorite Weapon in MHFU  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:28 am

Hey just seeing which weapon is most popular, to the people who haven't played here is a rundown of weapons:

Melee Weapons

Cutting Types- Medium Base-Dealt Damage
Great Sword The Great Sword is the brute weapon: It is one of the slower weapons in the game and has one of the highest raw powers. The weapon often deals less base damage than other weapons and takes reduction from defense, how ever both combos and charging the primary attack allows the user to deal the full amount of raw damage much quicker than the popular hitting and running.The blades are so massive they can literally block attacks with a small amount of shaved damage.
Long Sword The Longsword is the arch weapon: It is rivaled by SNS and DS for the fastest attacking weapon in the game and generally has high sharpness levels. Often attacks in vertical and horizontal arches between 90-180 degrees around the player, including one piercing lunge. It has an interesting mechanic call "spirit blade" which increases with basic combinations landed on the monster. The weapon has no defense, so timing and dodging is crucial for a player with weak armor.
Sword N\' Shield The Sword and Shield is the agile weapon: Competing for one of the fastest attacking weapons, it also has very little delay per attack. It's base raw is very low next to other weapons, so it is often over looked, but the amount of attacks dealt and combos pulled off are much quicker. The weapon is paired with a small shield, which cannot be used to hold ground but can use items and block during a combo while the weapon is out. Players can position themselves quicker than other weapons while the weapon is equipped.
Duel Swords The Dual Swords are the demon weapons: A lack of defense made up for with a constant attack, following the belief of quantity over quality of attack. The dual swords have one of the lowest raw bases, the amount of attacks per combo can reach over 10 so all the small attacks add up. The weapon has two mechanics first, the weapon can wield two elements and special attacks, also has a mode called demonization which uses stamina to create infinite combos. A major problem is the huge delay after starting a combo, and the sharpness is rapidly decreased.

Impact Types: Low Base Dealt Damage and KO damage
Hammer The Hammer is the headlocking weapon: A huge amount of raw and the largest delay per attack. This weapon can often stop any monster by knocking it on the head a few times and with elder dragons the monsters often fall down when the head is attacked anyway so it is extremely useful. Considering most monsters attack forward, timing is crucial for new players to learn. The weapon can also be charged to open up different attacking styles and opportunities to use the gulf swing.
Hunting Horn The Hunting Horn is the buff weapon: Rivalling both the Hammer and Great Sword in base damage, this weapon is not to be taken lightly. Using it takes more than just attack knowledge and timing but the learning the notes is key to properly handling it. Buffs not only effect you but all teammates and can improve any aspect of defense, movement, healing, or attack. Having an unlimited combo and a few pokes it is very useful as a melee weapon. The hardest part is timing, playing notes takes time and the weapon is also slow at attacking, mixing notes and attacks is never a bad idea.

Piercing Types: High Base Dealt Damage
Lance The Lance is the linear fortress weapon: A decent amount of raw and a huge amount of defense. The lance can only hit at two angles, 0 and 45 degrees, with a series of stabs and a charge move that constantly hits a monster based on stamina. Most new players often use the giant shield for defensive strategies, if you know how to time them, side-stepping is as effective. The stabs often have a huge delay so dodging then guarding is quicker than waiting after an attack to block. Lances can do not only piercing damage but also cutting or impact based on where you hit the monster.
Gun Lance The Gunlance is the angle weapon: A decent amount of base raw and a unique mechanic of shelling. It has the highest blocking ability in the game and can side-step like the lance (not as easily). Also it does all three types of melee damage and has three shelling types with different levels. The explosions vary in damage but are ranked generally by type: Spread (highest damage least amount per round), Long (medium damage middle amount per round), and normal (least damage highest amount per round). The weapon can attack from any angle 90-0 degrees, and monsters' defense doesn't decrease it's base damage or shelling. Lastly the Gunlance can unleash a huge explosion called wyverns fire, which recharges in 2 min and 30 secs. Mobility with this weapon is a huge drawback, it is much easier to put away the weapon than walk around with it equipped.

Ranged Weapons
(Generally lowest base)

Bullet Types- Base is determined by hit type and elements
Heavy Bowgun Light Bowgun Bowguns are the versatile weapons: Fires from almost any angle and uses multiple types of shots. Unlike other weapons, the elements for these weapons can be limitless during battle. They deal five types of shots, Shot damage (normal shots), piercing (pierce, thunder, ice, dragon, and water), impact (crag shots), fire (like GL shells, clust shots), and buff (like HH, but only health, attack, and defense). There is a special ability called rapid fire, which fire multiple rounds per bullet slot. Reloading and evading are the hard parts of this weapon, you cannot be very stationary fighting most monsters.
Charge Type- Base is determined by levels of charge
Bow The stamina weapon: Relying heavily on stamina, it is a much harder weapon to use. The attacks of a bow grow based on charge, just like the GS, hitting the monster in the right place at the right time is a critical aspect of the bow. The bow can use one element but can be coated for different special attacks as well. The bow can use three types of arrow shots, scatter (very close), rapid (close), and pierce (farthest), which change depending on the bow and charge level. This is not recommended for beginners, because the lack of defence and knowledge of the monsters required for effectively handling the weapon.

Note: base means raw damage shown when looking at status.
Fire Dragon Water Thunder Ice /mad/ /no/ /yes/ /sad/ /scar/
Back to top Go down
Silver
Melynx
Silver

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA????

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon in MHFU    Favorite Weapon in MHFU  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:02 am

My most favorite is the bow. It's so much fun to use! /yes/
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon in MHFU    Favorite Weapon in MHFU  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:48 am

For me it has been Dual Swords from the very start. Of course I use Hammer/Longsword/SnS on occasion but always DS... I dont know why... Maybe it was because I used to play a Sword and sword rogue when I was playing WoW. Or maybe because of Shiki from the monster hunter manga (which I had read 2 years before I began playing MH)....

Going into a flurry of slices and then dodging (or sliding on p3rd) is the thing for me.... They are a really REALLY frustracing weapon..... You get trashed around all the time....
But demonisation mode is one of the best things in the game...
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon in MHFU    Favorite Weapon in MHFU  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:18 am

Dual Swords. Fast attacks and best mobility. Do a few quick attacks then dodge. I also pwn the plesioth with them. I got around my problem with those damn hip checks.
Back to top Go down
Baby Fatalis
Kelbi
Baby Fatalis

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon in MHFU    Favorite Weapon in MHFU  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:23 am

For me it has to be the Great Sword. The reach and tremendous power allows for just the right cutting ability for those hard to reach monster parts, couple that with devastating hits on unready monster make this a devilish weapon IMO. I also like most of looks for them since they have devilish style and menace. Oh, and using drugged meat on tiggy, then landing a lv 3 charge on its face...the joy cannot be properly described. /yes/
Back to top Go down
Monster Hunter Cade
Popo
Monster Hunter Cade

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon in MHFU    Favorite Weapon in MHFU  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Great Sword its easy to use and does a whole lot of damage.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon in MHFU    Favorite Weapon in MHFU  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Long sword, hammer and then gunlance

as a 3rd Generetion hunter the lack of side slash on the LS made my game more dificult, and the hammer charges also fells weird but the gunlance I loved it
Back to top Go down
WorldEaterrr
Popo
WorldEaterrr

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon in MHFU    Favorite Weapon in MHFU  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 5:29 pm

In order of preference: Longsword, Greatsword, Hammer

I don't use any other weapon types because they don't suit my playstyle. I'll admit, I used dual swords at the beginning of the game, but after acquiring decent longswords/greatswords and a decent hammer or two, I found that those were the best choice, as they all have high raw, decent sharpness, and some of the time, high elemental. All of these stats tend to contribute to quick kills and easy breaks, making every hunt a lot easier, even if I should have died 3 times from the get-go.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon in MHFU    Favorite Weapon in MHFU  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:47 am

I started a Heavy Bowgun only playthrough and I have discovered that they are really overpowered... You know with the starter Heavy Bowgun, upgrade its power to max, add a shield, get full Battle armour, get 9 flaming shots and boom, the Giadrome is dead in 9 shots. I also was surprised at how well I can do with HBG against Shogun Ceanataurs and made full Ceanataur and Ceanataur HBG (I Sleepbombed its pincers to get them) Then I killed the Tigrex with Pierce shots, currently making the Kirin HBG (Elemental shots ftw) You would be surprised at how fast a Kirin can go down in Battle armour and Tankmage with Pellet shots, they seem to mainly hit the things horn and since you don't need to get too near it you don't have the worry of a weapon bouncing and getting hit by sudden lightning. Also, having a G rank character to buy thousands of power seeds and importing them as a new character so I can start off with over 1million Z by selling the seeds is so much darn fun (Overpowering Celebrity title in a few minutes :3.)
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon in MHFU    Favorite Weapon in MHFU  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:55 pm

I have no particular favourite, as I usually "morph" styles every now and then, but the one I keep coming back to every time just has to be the Hunting Horn. You might need a correction on the topic post, because while it has the same BASE power, in MHFU the damage formula makes it less damaging than the Hammer.
BUT, it has the fastest unsheathed speed once Self-Improvement is applied, and some of the buffs it can use are just godlike. The Hidden Tone, which has 988 power (I think) with Attack Up (Large) skyrockets its raw in the stats to a ridiculous 1311, which is essentially G-Rank base power.
Used right, Hunting Horns can become exaggeratedly overpowered.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon in MHFU    Favorite Weapon in MHFU  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 9:14 am

Dual Swords.

Those demonization combos... the double spin... the flurry of slices...

Dual Swords are godly yet not nooby at the same time (unlike the Longsword).
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon in MHFU    Favorite Weapon in MHFU  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 1:46 pm

LS
Always will be.
Back to top Go down
Kaz
Aptonoth
Kaz

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon in MHFU    Favorite Weapon in MHFU  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 3:52 pm

GL. It's the weapon that brought me into the series. Love its diverse attacks, it's power, and uniqueness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon in MHFU    Favorite Weapon in MHFU  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Weapon in MHFU
Page 1 of 1