Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.

Go down 
+15
eryani
Edsain
Kanade
jetavian
dcj91x
uriel1994
Lalo
It's meh
Arakune
WinNerd
Yamatsu
Snagglux
Quentin
Chips
Durans
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Durans
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 1

MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Empty
PostSubject: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:38 am

You can watch the new trailer here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qDZznlD-PL8#!

I'm not sure what to think, its just a bunch of short clips of game play and cutscenes right now. Some of it looks cool, some of it not so much.

edit: I replaced the link with a direct youtube link that the site was linking to anyway. here is the site if you want to look at it, not really much else there but a bit of stuff about 3g.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/4/

Last edited by Durans on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:48 am

The 4 in MH4 means 'for' japan only xD

i'm kiddan.. i hope not =/
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:22 am

I can't find the stupid trailer.
Back to top Go down
Durans
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:27 am

Quentin wrote:
I can't find the stupid trailer.

There was a gray bar with some japanese text on it that you click under the "2013 some japanese text" that itself was under monster hunter 4 logo.

On second thought I'll just update the first post with a direct Youtube link
Back to top Go down
Snagglux
Seltas

Thank you Points : 38

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:49 am

What.

What the **** was that.

Did I just see I giant pelagus with wings.

Please tell me I didn't just see a giant Rajang-like pelagus with wings.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:51 am

Thank you, and all I can say is "yes please"
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Looks great, though we probably won't get it.

Only complaint though...
Due to hardware limitations (I hope).

those landscape/weapon textures, man :|
Back to top Go down
WinNerd
Khezu
WinNerd

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sweden

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:15 pm

Yeah, those textures looked pretty shabby. I hope they'll update 'em a bit before launch.
Back to top Go down
Arakune
Cephalos
Arakune

Thank you Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 3:32 pm

Yamatsu wrote:
Looks great, though we probably won't get it.

Only complaint though...
Due to hardware limitations (I hope).

those landscape/weapon textures, man :|
Look at 3G.
Also, that Tigrex is from Freedom, and so are the 'preys. Meanwhile the Aptonoth was from Tri and P3.
It's probably in a beta stage, after all there nearly one year before release.

Also, i find hard to believe that we won't get it since we got 2 games out of 3, and we basically got MH2 anyway with the PSP versions.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Took a couple of screen caps and shrunk them to smaller sizes.

MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. AsMKB

And also.....
MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. HN3Kc

HELL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
That move better be worth flying in the air!!!
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 5:10 pm

You can expect big areas, and i mean BIG
cant wait to see jho on a trailer
Back to top Go down
uriel1994
Melynx
uriel1994

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:01 pm

I noticed that there is a cat but no chacha.I hope they don't take him out.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:16 pm

uriel1994 wrote:
I noticed that there is a cat but no chacha.I hope they don't take him out.
Why wouldn't they? The game won't be set in Moga Village, and Felynes are found nearly everywhere in the MH world.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:57 pm

Though they have only shown 2 videos now and have not really said much about MH4 I do have to say, not sure where their going with it.

Just my opinion and I know the game is FAR from anything close to complete but it seems like they are trying to completely change up the MH series with this one. More "experimentation" in other words like they did with Tri.

Now for me Tri worked but in Capcoms opinion (for the west anyways) it did not. Let's hope this style they think will appeal more to western fans as it does have that "open world" aspect of many mmo's and other games Capcom/Japan seems to feel is popular in the west.
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 1:26 am

Well, don't rage at me for saying this, but I love what they're doing. The wide open, IMMENSE maps offers something new and will make tracking monsters very interesting, and the more 3-dimensional areas to fight in are something else, very different from the usual flat terrains of the previous monster hunter games (with the exception of underwater in third gen). Plus the new mechanics like mid air attacks, grappling onto a monster's back, and more interactions with the environment really make it stand out. Also, the fact that velociprey AND jaggi are in the same game is a great sign in my Bopinion, this means that more oldies will be coming back, possibly including congalala, gypceros, gravios, and others. But what really intrigues me is that, even thoug we saw several different 'environments', they still seemed to be apart of the same, large area. Did everything we see was in one GIANT map? What are the limitations to it's size? Will there be areas like these for the other main environments like swamp, desert, and volcano?

Though I must say... my only complaint is the detail with the landscapes, I really hope that the explanation for that is because it's STILL in developement and that they plan on imrpoving it, even by just a bit.

Last edited by jetavian on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 1:32 am

I guess I'll be the one that says it, there's something about this game that I really don't like... its more dynamic and open and such which I can see can be very appealing but this isn't God of War or Skyrim >.<;; This is Monster Hunter... I guess this style is more true to the title but this new style will add a ton of random elements to the game that will make skill hard to be defined, it really puts me off and I can see this new style alienating a lot of MH enthusiasts.

Then again, I'm not sure what is actual game play and what is just eye candy for the trailer so I hope its not too bad but jumping on a Los' back and smashing A to stab it seems really lame to me... speaking not sure how the parkour element fits into this... in MH most people don't fight ala in corners and lava (which is why the wall is hated) so why fight a Los hanging on a vine? If scripted events happen where we are forced to use it, I think will become really lame :/

anyhoo concerns aside the new area looks really cool, and I'm guess there wont be multiple zones in a map (its just 1 big area you gotta parkour to tranverse over O_o?) Monkey guy is like spiderman monkey from MHFO too
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 7:09 am

if capcom is trolin us showin only a skill like feline climber ill be fk pissed off.
also hope they extend time limits( rly, fifty mins to find, parkour and kill and then parkour kill.)
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:07 am

@kan: I'm with you on the scripted events, I really hope none of the hunts have them. Although I do like the idea of being able to unsheathe your great sword mid jump (though it looks a bit silly :p).
Overall, I think I'll really enjoy the game if it doesn't have scripted events or quick time events. May try to get my hands on a Japanese 3DS later this year.
Back to top Go down
eryani
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 1:19 pm

wow thats so awesome .Iam looking forward to play this game! :D
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos
Lagiacrus the ultimate

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 3:04 pm

I saw that you could smack away Bhnabara (however their name is spelled) when climbing. That raised my opinion on the game a bit. On another note..... did the new Pelagus remind you of this guy at all: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Gogomoa
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 3:07 pm

Kanade wrote:
open
I'm not seeing how this game is more open....
It still looks like it's divided into sections.
Back to top Go down
Snagglux
Seltas

Thank you Points : 38

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 3:20 pm

Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:
On another note..... did the new Pelagus remind you of this guy at all: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Gogomoa

That's what I thought it was at first until I saw it's giant ears and snout. I'm wondering if Gogomoa will make an appearance alongside it, and if other Frontier monsters will show up too if it does.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Snagglux wrote:
Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:
On another note..... did the new Pelagus remind you of this guy at all: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Gogomoa

That's what I thought it was at first until I saw it's giant ears and snout. I'm wondering if Gogomoa will make an appearance alongside it, and if other Frontier monsters will show up too if it does.

MHFO wants to keep their monsters exclusively for them (guess cuz people pay for dat)
Still this monster is quite similar to it, even colour vise.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:15 am

I'm still kind of worried about this one. Something doesn't feel right.
Back to top Go down
Black Rain
Melynx
Black Rain

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:55 am

could someone confirm to me that this azure rathalos at the start of the trailer.
its starting to confuse me.

Spoiler:

Carpetedit: So i heard you liked spoilers.
Back to top Go down
http://fadedrex.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.   MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MH4 to hit Japan in Spring 2013, new trailer out.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next