Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Take this as... (an announcement of sorts)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Take this as... (an announcement of sorts)   Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:25 am

Another Wait thing...

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/09/monster-hunter-in-the-west-some-sort-of-information-coming-this-year/

Basically he (Christian Svensson) from Capcom USA is saying that we will get information on Monster Hunter in the west "Sometime sort" before the end of 2012...

Keep in mind however "Information" in the past has often been as little as "The future looks bright" and "wait for information" but from what I gather from his announcement, Capcom Japan will not allow anyone aside from themselves to say anything on the subject of MH outside Japan and if or when it will happen but online play in the west seems to be important for a western release.

However in his short... statement he does state (imply) that we should not expect anything at Comic-con.....

But in the end MH is still neither confirmed nor denied here in the west.

One thing does seen certain though, if MH in the west is localized the announcement will come from "Capcom Japan" and nowhere else.
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Take this as... (an announcement of sorts)   Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

This is why Svensson is my least favorite Capcomer. What disturbs me most is the wording. My guess is that they're still coming to a decision on weather or not to release it here. Unless Nintendo has a say in it, I don't think our chances are great.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Take this as... (an announcement of sorts)   Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Release what? The card game, the kitty village, a new iPhone game, p3rdhd? Honestly though I'm hopeful (and I really am) the announcement of some sort could be for just about anything MH related, even a new MH weapon pack for DD.

Honestly though, I see this happening, MH p3rd, 3G, mh4, and the kitty village iPhone game and card game along with action figures all getting announced for a 2012 Christmas release.
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Take this as... (an announcement of sorts)   Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:36 pm

If Capcom were going to release TriG in the states, we'd be in "Heavily Implied" territory by now. If any Monster Hunter related product is going to be announced for the West in the near future, it's going to be MH4. (Which for some reason isn't called Monster Hunter Quad)
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Take this as... (an announcement of sorts)   Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:51 pm

"Amazing Capcom Scoop" next week in Famitsu. Lost Planet and Resident Evil are already a part of it, so maybe we'll be getting some Western Release action? Then again it is Famitsu, a Japanese magazine, so unlikely.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Take this as... (an announcement of sorts)   Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:40 pm

Several things are coming up, PAX this weekend, TGS in September and a few other things I believe. But you have to remember Capcom US has already "implied" and Capcom Japan has pretty much stated any announcement for the west will come from Japan and not the west.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Take this as... (an announcement of sorts)   Today at 7:18 pm

Back to top Go down

Take this as... (an announcement of sorts)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1