Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Can't drag monster info. WTF? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Can't drag monster info. WTF? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can't drag monster info. WTF?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mikereisweber
Kelbi
mikereisweber

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Can't drag monster info. WTF? Empty
PostSubject: Can't drag monster info. WTF?   Can't drag monster info. WTF? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:13 pm

I have tried and tried again to register a monster using the classic controller pro and the wiimote into the monster notebook, with no success. I open the note book, pick up my wiimote, hold down B, and a cursor appears in the CENTER OF THE SCREEN. I cannot move this cursor; if I want to highlight a monster I have to move my character and center it on the monster. After I have done this it states the monsters name, and then I also hold down A. Now it gives me the option to move the cursor holding the little page to the book but I CAN'T MOVE THE CURSOR WHATSOEVER! I shake, angle, move, wiggle, even put the remote in my butt, and the cursor JUST SITS IN THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN. I have tried other remotes and it is the same for all of them. What gives?
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Can't drag monster info. WTF?   Can't drag monster info. WTF? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:45 pm

This is when you check your pointer settings for tri.
If you've had it set to directional pad movement (like I have it XD), you press B on the controller to activate the pointer, and then when it's in the center of the screen, you use the directional pad on the wii remote to navigate.

If this is not the case, try checking if your sensor bar is working or not (then again, I'm not sure if the pointer itself will even be centered if you aren't pointing at the screen, but I could be wrong).

to check if the bar is working, make sure it is connected to the wii, and grab a camera (a cell phone will do) and take a look at the sides and check if the little lights are on (you will pretty much see the lights in the camera).
If there's no problems with the sensor bar, it may be the controllers IR pointer, and if it is the controller, you may want to purchase a new one, or simply set the pointer controls for monster hunter to D-Pad navigation.
Back to top Go down
mikereisweber
Kelbi
mikereisweber

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Can't drag monster info. WTF?   Can't drag monster info. WTF? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:58 pm

It's meh wrote:
This is when you check your pointer settings for tri.
If you've had it set to directional pad movement (like I have it XD), you press B on the controller to activate the pointer, and then when it's in the center of the screen, you use the directional pad on the wii remote to navigate.

If this is not the case, try checking if your sensor bar is working or not (then again, I'm not sure if the pointer itself will even be centered if you aren't pointing at the screen, but I could be wrong).

to check if the bar is working, make sure it is connected to the wii, and grab a camera (a cell phone will do) and take a look at the sides and check if the little lights are on (you will pretty much see the lights in the camera).
If there's no problems with the sensor bar, it may be the controllers IR pointer, and if it is the controller, you may want to purchase a new one, or simply set the pointer controls for monster hunter to D-Pad navigation.

You good sir, are amazing! I'm not sure why I didn't think of using the D-Pad on wiimote before. Thank you for the quick reply! One more question though: How do I set the wiimote so I can just use the motion sensor and not the D-Pad?
Back to top Go down
mikereisweber
Kelbi
mikereisweber

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Can't drag monster info. WTF?   Can't drag monster info. WTF? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:00 pm

Nevermind! I just answered my own question, but thanks anyways!
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Can't drag monster info. WTF?   Can't drag monster info. WTF? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 7:05 pm

No problem, man. :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't drag monster info. WTF?   Can't drag monster info. WTF? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can't drag monster info. WTF?
Page 1 of 1