Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

What should I do now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WorldEaterrr
Popo

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: What should I do now?   Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Uhh... I'm stumped. I don't know what to do next.

I'm on Nekoht quests, and I can easily do Guild Hall quests. What my problem is, though, is that Nekoht quests and Guild Hall quests get really difficult, so I'm not exactly sure what I should be doing. Any specific armors or weapons I should try to obtain before I take on such challenges, or?

I need some guidance, once more.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:53 pm

take this is mind.
1.-Old ladys quest
2.-guild low rank quests
3.-nekohts (the cat)
4.-guild high rank quests
5.-guild G rank

I think thats the order of dificulty, from one level to another they have increased HP and attack.

Maybe you could finish the low rank guild just to earn money and then start with nekohots (the cat), still cant spell it lol
Back to top Go down
WorldEaterrr
Popo

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:53 am

@Lalo wrote:
take this is mind.
1.-Old ladys quest
2.-guild low rank quests
3.-nekohts (the cat)
4.-guild high rank quests
5.-guild G rank

I think thats the order of dificulty, from one level to another they have increased HP and attack.

Maybe you could finish the low rank guild just to earn money and then start with nekohots (the cat), still cant spell it lol

Alright, I'll definitely give low GH quests a shot.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:21 am

even if the monsters in the nekoht-quests have less HP and ATP/DEF the guildhall ones are easier because it occures to me that nekoht monsters do attaks the monsters in the GH only do in G-Rank.
but you should try to do the simultaniously, because if you need to hunt a certain monster there are most certainly quests in different areas. so if you don't like fighting in the one area it is in the nekoht-quests the monster may will be in an area you like better in the GH

and do your initial question:
I'd recoment cenataur armor. it's rather easy to obtain has good skills and enough DEF to bring you to the next rank (or stronger monsters of the same rank so you can make their armor) alsoit looks quite nice.
as you are a LS user I cant help you with weapon joices, as I'm a GS(+SnS) user.

Back to top Go down
WorldEaterrr
Popo

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:41 pm

@Tomderdepp wrote:
even if the monsters in the nekoht-quests have less HP and ATP/DEF the guildhall ones are easier because it occures to me that nekoht monsters do attaks the monsters in the GH only do in G-Rank.
but you should try to do the simultaniously, because if you need to hunt a certain monster there are most certainly quests in different areas. so if you don't like fighting in the one area it is in the nekoht-quests the monster may will be in an area you like better in the GH

I'd recoment cenataur armor. it's rather easy to obtain has good skills and enough DEF to bring you to the next rank (or stronger monsters of the same rank so you can make their armor) alsoit looks quite nice.
as you are a LS user I cant help you with weapon joices, as I'm a GS(+SnS) user.

Thanks. I had no idea that the monsters in the Nekoht quests were like that, but it explains why Khezu is as annoying as it was at 2* quests. I have no idea which weapon to use to kill it. I'll also have to check out Ceanataur armor. Hm.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:27 pm

@WorldEaterrr wrote:
@Tomderdepp wrote:

Thanks. I had no idea that the monsters in the Nekoht quests were like that, but it explains why Khezu is as annoying as it was at 2* quests. I have no idea which weapon to use to kill it. I'll also have to check out Ceanataur armor. Hm.

Remember that gunhammer I had you make for Shen? That's also an amazing Anti-Khezu weapon, especially at higher levels of sharpness to break through his armor (when you can pull off head hits a hammer really shines)
Back to top Go down
WorldEaterrr
Popo

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:16 pm

Nova wrote:
@WorldEaterrr wrote:
@Tomderdepp wrote:

Remember that gunhammer I had you make for Shen? That's also an amazing Anti-Khezu weapon, especially at higher levels of sharpness to break through his armor (when you can pull off head hits a hammer really shines)

Righto. However, the Khezu I'm referring to is the G-level Nekoht Khezu. Will it still work?
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:55 am

@WorldEaterrr wrote:
Nova wrote:
@WorldEaterrr wrote:
@Tomderdepp wrote:

Righto. However, the Khezu I'm referring to is the G-level Nekoht Khezu. Will it still work?

It can but I'd try to upgrade it first personally. More raw + sharpness and extra element even makes it an awesome weapon.
Back to top Go down
WorldEaterrr
Popo

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:54 am

Nova wrote:
@WorldEaterrr wrote:
Nova wrote:
@WorldEaterrr wrote:

It can but I'd try to upgrade it first personally. More raw + sharpness and extra element even makes it an awesome weapon.

That means I'll have to get that Wyvern Brainstem. Which probably won't happen til' I defeat Ash Lao-Shan, that is, if I recall correctly.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:19 am

I'm not sure on that one, been awhile since I've done Unite. I know Fire Wyvern Brain stems come from luna / teo if I remember correctly. So maybe? Unless you have Lunastra unlocked already. I haven't had use for that material lately so I'm not sure where to get them anymore.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:42 am

fire wyvern brainstems come from rathalos/rathian High rank.
fire DRAGON stems come from teo/luna , though I dont know if such a thing as firedragonstems exists...
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:28 am

@BoredForLife wrote:
fire wyvern brainstems come from rathalos/rathian High rank.
fire DRAGON stems come from teo/luna , though I dont know if such a thing as firedragonstems exists...

I think then tep / luna can do wyvern brainstems there is no dragon brainstem from my knowledge.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:11 pm

Then teo/luna drop no brainstems. Ian/Los drop the fire wyvern ones for sure.

Also , nekoht's monster are all high rank level. Nothing is g-level except the final quest.
Back to top Go down
WorldEaterrr
Popo

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:24 am

@BoredForLife wrote:

Also , nekoht's monster are all high rank level. Nothing is g-level except the final quest.

Old Jungle Lightning is a G-level quest, but bumped into Nekoht quests, you're even warned of that upon getting Nekoht's quests, "some of these are high rank and others are g-level, beware."

Anyhow, what's up with the abundance of union ore at HR5 and the lack of Firecell stones? This is redonkulous.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:29 am

@WorldEaterrr wrote:
@BoredForLife wrote:

Old Jungle Lightning is a G-level quest, but bumped into Nekoht quests, you're even warned of that upon getting Nekoht's quests, "some of these are high rank and others are g-level, beware."

Anyhow, what's up with the abundance of union ore at HR5 and the lack of Firecell stones? This is redonkulous.

Old volcano will prove good for firecell and other stuff like that, as well as rarer ores.
Back to top Go down
WorldEaterrr
Popo

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:59 am

I give up. High Rank Rathalos killed me for the third time after 47 minutes. I'm done. Not playing anymore. :|
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:28 am

Cmooooon , rathalos is easy :P Keep playing , you have not even reached g rank! You will be saying that a lot there!

If you want any rathalos tips , I can provide some... I've learned about him the hard way. The farm way.

Last edited by BoredForLife on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:28 am

@WorldEaterrr wrote:
I give up. High Rank Rathalos killed me for the third time after 47 minutes. I'm done. Not playing anymore. :|

Just gotta keep at it, after normal high rank rath is Azure Rathalos, then Silver Rathalos.

Along with Pink Rathian and Gold Rathian.
Back to top Go down
WorldEaterrr
Popo

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:30 am

It's not a problem regarding Rathalos as a monster and its difficulty. It's the fact that I get stuck in positions at times where I can't dodge him, and he's doing either 50 or 100 damage, and killing me in those instances because I lack /good armor/.

My defense is, at best, 60-60-60-60-60 + Armor Talon/ Armor Charm. So that's my problem right there, but I can't think of any good, easy to obtain high rank armor. So I'm SOL.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:38 am

@WorldEaterrr wrote:
It's not a problem regarding Rathalos as a monster and its difficulty. It's the fact that I get stuck in positions at times where I can't dodge him, and he's doing either 50 or 100 damage, and killing me in those instances because I lack /good armor/.

My defense is, at best, 60-60-60-60-60 + Armor Talon/ Armor Charm. So that's my problem right there, but I can't think of any good, easy to obtain high rank armor. So I'm SOL.

If you arent already, with the kitchen cats eat the combo for milk / drink. will give you health / stam and at max cats it will give full health bar and full stam bar. Bonus Skills cats if they proc will let you keep the beneficial effects if you cart.
Back to top Go down
WorldEaterrr
Popo

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:28 pm

Nova wrote:
@WorldEaterrr wrote:

If you arent already, with the kitchen cats eat the combo for milk / drink. will give you health / stam and at max cats it will give full health bar and full stam bar. Bonus Skills cats if they proc will let you keep the beneficial effects if you cart.

Kirin Cheese + Goldenfish Brew gives 150/150, I still died while hunting Rathalos.

Fact of the matter is, my armor is garbage. 330 some odd defense against a high rank enemy that is known for it's increased damage. Did I mention while fighting Lao-Shan Lung its tail two-hit KO'd me? Given it was with worse armor, but the effect wouldn't have been any less.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:24 pm

@WorldEaterrr wrote:
Nova wrote:
@WorldEaterrr wrote:

Kirin Cheese + Goldenfish Brew gives 150/150, I still died while hunting Rathalos.

Fact of the matter is, my armor is garbage. 330 some odd defense against a high rank enemy that is known for it's increased damage. Did I mention while fighting Lao-Shan Lung its tail two-hit KO'd me? Given it was with worse armor, but the effect wouldn't have been any less.

That's not abnormal. Lao's tail does hit hard. If you have the inventory space bring a farcaster and material to make a farcaster or two. Or just wall hug and keep an eye on the tail doing a panic dive when needed for evasion frames.
Back to top Go down
WorldEaterrr
Popo

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:07 am

Eh, got any suggestions for armor that I can get pre-Los for high rank? I'm not too keen on trying to farm something that can kill me effortlessly with a single strike.

Edit: RENEWED HOPE! I'm going to use my newly acquired Onslaught Hammer to go decimate Ceanataur til' I have the required materials to make Ceanataur S armor. :'D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What should I do now?   Today at 9:10 am

Back to top Go down

What should I do now?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Sony :: Playstation :: PSP/Vita (Western releases)-
Jump to: