Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!


Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 
 

 UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AsteriskRocks
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:22 pm

All right. Ultimate Monster Hunter Tri is still alive, but we're short on actual weapon creators.

We're looking for people who understand the Weapon Formula and have the creativity to come up with different "G Rank" weapons for UMH3.

You don't necessarily need to play the mod to contribute to the project, but you have to have a strong grasp of Tri damage and older Monster Hunter games.

Now how do you prove that you understand it?

You have to use the formula and show you understand it by listing a hypothetical weapon and it's effects on any monster of your choosing.

Furthermore, you should include it's stats:

Quote :
Weapon: [Re-name any existing Tri weapon to "G," i.e. Alatreon Sword G]
Class: [great sword, hammer, SnS, etc]
Attack: [the attack power of the weapon]
Element: [what element or status it is] [elemental or status value of the weapon]
Awaken: [yes or no]
Sharpness: [green, blue, white, etc]
Affinity: [10%, 20%, etc] <-- optional
Defense+: [+5, +10, etc] <-- optional
Slots: [0, 1, 2, 3]

You can find there guide: HERE.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala


Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:10 pm

@AsteriskRocks wrote:
All right. Ultimate Monster Hunter Tri is still alive, but we're short on actual weapon creators.

We're looking for people who understand the Weapon Formula and have the creativity to come up with different "G Rank" weapons for UMH3.

You don't necessarily need to play the mod to contribute to the project, but you have to have a strong grasp of Tri damage and older Monster Hunter games.

Now how do you prove that you understand it?

You have to use the formula and show you understand it by listing a hypothetical weapon and it's effects on any monster of your choosing.

Furthermore, you should include it's stats:

Quote :
Weapon: [Re-name any existing Tri weapon to "G," i.e. Alatreon Sword G]
Class: [great sword, hammer, SnS, etc]
Attack: [the attack power of the weapon]
Element: [what element or status it is] [elemental or status value of the weapon]
Awaken: [yes or no]
Sharpness: [green, blue, white, etc]
Affinity: [10%, 20%, etc] <-- optional
Defense+: [+5, +10, etc] <-- optional
Slots: [0, 1, 2, 3]

You can find there guide: HERE.


Make sky blue sharpness and I'll play it o3o
Back to top Go down
AsteriskRocks
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:16 pm

@Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
Make sky blue sharpness and I'll play it o3o

This isn't a request topic.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala


Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:38 am

@AsteriskRocks wrote:
@Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
Make sky blue sharpness and I'll play it o3o

This isn't a request topic.

I know. It's just that I'm not very talented at this kind of stuff and wanted to give some advice. And maybe get the thread started XD
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang


Thank you Points : 148

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:34 am

As someone who hasn't played the mod, having a reference would be a good idea. How much more powerful do you want G rank weapons to be? (I get that you want to compare them to previous games, but things aren't consistent)

Basically I guess give the stats of one already-created weapon as a benchmark first?
Back to top Go down
xMorningstar
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 24

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 3866 8038 1961
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:44 pm

Agreed.
I don't think we should be able to discuss hacking openly on the forums.
Sorry, just an opinion.


Though if I were to create a weapon.. It would probably look like this

Weapon: Takemikazuchi (G) G
Class: Sword and Shield
Attack: Over 9000
Element: Thunder (666)
Awaken: Yes
Sharpness: Neon Blue. (Ultra Sharpness)
Affinity: 100%
Defense+: +200
Slots: 4.

Best Weapon. Hands down.


Last edited by Takemikazuchi on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:59 pm

^ This is no hacking discussion, AsteriskRocks is looking for people with an understanding of Tri's deeper mechanics to help him out with weapon stats for the amazing mod he's working on (not entirely sure if it's just him working on it though).

Good luck with UMH3 Asterisk, but I can't help. Not really interested in Tri anymore, but when you release the mod (if you haven't already ;)) I'll definitely give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha


Thank you Points : 35

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:02 pm

well... a mod he's probably gonna release for people to use, so...
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:14 pm

@Andrea88GOD wrote:
well... a mod he's probably gonna release for people to use, so...
Have you even seen UMH3? It isn't some sort of hax to give people an unfair advantage online. It's a modification for the game to increase the amount of content in Tri. It will add G-rank difficulty quests and more powerful weapons. When the Tri servers shut down, you'll have UMH3 to not be completely void of stuff to do.

As was and is the case with MH2, where there are mods such as MH2 Alternative and its improved versions that add high rank content into offline, new quest types, and new weapons. I severely doubt the creator(s) of UMH3 is trying to give people an unfair advantage, but instead is trying to give people a better game.
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha


Thank you Points : 35

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:18 pm

STAFF EDIT: False information, but the following statement is not relevant to the original topic. I won't stop you from having an opinion, but the topic is not about giving people an unfair advantage

and sure, maybe froum members will use it for themselves fighting g-rank monsters, but how can you be sure that others won't use it to get unfair advantages??
Back to top Go down
AsteriskRocks
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:42 pm

@Andrea88GOD wrote:
STAFF EDIT: False information, but the following statement is not relevant to the original topic. I won't stop you from having an opinion, but the topic is not about giving people an unfair advantage

and sure, maybe froum members will use it for themselves fighting g-rank monsters, but how can you be sure that others won't use it to get unfair advantages??

Well, you in order to play the quests you need to share the same mod. The mod is not easily modifiable, so people are left with the option of playing their own mod by themselves or playing this more reliable mod that others play as well.

Now, I can assure you that most people can't abuse the more intricate mod aspects without being noticed by other players and precautions will be taken in future releases to prevent people from cheating on top of applying the mod.

That's besides that point of the topic, though.

I need weapon creators to create balanced, but stronger weapons.
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha


Thank you Points : 35

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:55 pm

so now it's not illegal to mod a copyrighted game dear admin?
I wonder if Capcom designers who made the game has your same opinion...
you may wanna check this out:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2009/08/modder-arrest-a-reminder-that-most-console-hacks-are-illegal/

here's an extract if you are too lazy to read it:
The ESA's view is that you can't mess with your systems, no matter how benign your intention. "Circumventing these protections is never 'harmless fun,' as it erodes the foundation on which video game industry depends for its success."
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios


Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:19 am

So what exactly would one have to do for this?
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
Moderator


Thank you Points : 43

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:30 am

write down the stats for a new weapon, with g rank strength.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios


Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:15 pm

@MasterOnion wrote:
write down the stats for a new weapon, with g rank strength.
Should one just post the numbers here or something?
I meant to ask this in my previous post too lol.
Back to top Go down
AsteriskRocks
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:29 pm

@It's meh wrote:
@MasterOnion wrote:
write down the stats for a new weapon, with g rank strength.
Should one just post the numbers here or something?
I meant to ask this in my previous post too lol.

Example:

Goal: create powerful raw attack and fire elemental GS without relying on white/purple sharpness or high affinity.

Important Weapons

Anguish P - demonstrate the best raw attack
Rathalos Firesword - demonstrate the the best fire attack
Crmson Wall[awakened] - used to show the shittiness of green sharpness

Anguish P - 960 raw attack, white sharpness [ignoring dragon element]
Rathalos Flameword - 816 raw attack, blue sharpness, 560 fire
Crimson Wall[awakened]- 1104 raw attack, green sharpness, 250 fire

Raw Damage

AP - 113.52
CW - 103.8
RS - 87.7
Despite having the highest attack value, due to green sharpness the CW is just barely in between AP and RS. This is even more shameful considering that...

Elemental Damage

RS - 59.5
CW - 25

40% of the RSes damage output comes from it's element whereas the CW's element output only account for 19% of it's damage output. Since the CW's raw damage acounts for 81% of it's total damage it should be far higher than the 60% of the RSes especially considering CW is meant to focus on raw while the other isn't. From this we can conclude that we should probably stay away from green sharpness all together, as it tends to make a weapon's stats very deceptive.


Ragnell

Ragnell will be able to dish out the same amount of raw damage as Anguish while only using blue sharpness.
To accomplish this you only need to rewrite the damage formula, with the sharpness set to blue, the raw damage set to that of Anguish, and the raw attack set to x.
113.52 = x*.43*1.2/4.8
x = 1056

To accomplish the greatest fire damage for a blue sharpness GS without being OP you merely need to use the exact fire damage of the Rathalos Fire Sword, since it's already a blue sharpness weapon.

So the appropriate stats to accomplish the goal will be:
1056 raw attack, 560 fire element, blue sharpness, 0% affinity.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios


Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:51 pm

Pardon my noobiness atm, but where did those Raw Damage numbers come from?
As in, how were they acquired?

Maybe I can help out with this.... probably... Whenever I get the time.
Back to top Go down
AsteriskRocks
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:57 pm

@It's meh wrote:
Pardon my noobiness atm, but where did those Raw Damage numbers come from?
As in, how were they acquired?

Maybe I can help out with this.... probably... Whenever I get the time.

Divide the Weapon Attack by the class multiplier.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios


Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:23 pm

@AsteriskRocks wrote:
@It's meh wrote:
Pardon my noobiness atm, but where did those Raw Damage numbers come from?
As in, how were they acquired?

Maybe I can help out with this.... probably... Whenever I get the time.

Divide the Weapon Attack by the class multiplier.
Well Wouldn't Anguish's power be 200?
How did it get to 113.2?
Back to top Go down
AsteriskRocks
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:29 pm

@It's meh wrote:
@AsteriskRocks wrote:
@It's meh wrote:
Pardon my noobiness atm, but where did those Raw Damage numbers come from?
As in, how were they acquired?

Maybe I can help out with this.... probably... Whenever I get the time.

Divide the Weapon Attack by the class multiplier.
Well Wouldn't Anguish's power be 200?
How did it get to 113.2?

Must have been an error on the calculation. This wasn't mine and it's pretty old.
Back to top Go down
JetTFireX
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: New Weapon   Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:59 am

Name: Excalibur
Class: Sword and Shield (try invisible shield)
Attack: 460
Element: none
Awaken: 1024 Fire Fire
Sharpness: Short Purple then Longgggg White.
Affinity: 65%
Defense+: +15
Slots: 3

I have tons of LS stats in mind, lol. Dragon
Back to top Go down
JetTFireX
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Dark Claw G?   Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Name: Dark Claw (G) Alatreon
Class: Long Sword Long Sword
Attack: 894
Element: Dragon 960
Sharpness: Purple -medium-long
Affinity: 0%
Defense+: +0
Slots: 2

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators   Today at 1:11 am

Back to top Go down
 
UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» UMH3: Looking for Weapon Stat Creators
» Additional Hand Weapon AND Shield
» Weapon "patterns"
» Regarding heavy weapon teams and "count as" rule
» weapon underestimated???

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii :: Monster Hunter 3 (Tri)-
Jump to: