Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Blacklight Retribution Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Blacklight Retribution Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blacklight Retribution

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Blacklight Retribution Empty
PostBlacklight Retribution

So yeah this free to play FPS game is on Steam and I gotta say, it's pretty awesome. It's really easy to get into, fun to play, nothing to take too seriously either.

Check it out of you have time.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Blacklight Retribution :: Comments

Andrew.
Re: Blacklight Retribution
Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:43 pm by Andrew.
Now I have a computer that can play taxing games above 10 fps ( :cheers: )
I'll be downloading it as soon as the Homeplugs come through the post... Damn bank holidays slowing delivery....

It does look like a fun game though.
Yamatsu
Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:58 pm by Yamatsu
I like the gun customisation.

and that's about it.

IMO the gameplay is too fast paced for your character to die so easily combined with a 10 second respawn time to put icing on the cake, the "see-all" visor is a nice idea but also eliminates a lot of flanking opportunities for more team-based modes, and the dubstep at the end of every match is so silly that it got me and a friend to making dubstep jokes at most good kills in games we play.

It's very similar to CoD but with see-everyone hax available to everybody. And I don't really like CoD, so this is a FPS that isn't exactly for me.
Chips
Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:38 am by Chips
Yamatsu wrote:

and that's about it.

IMO the gameplay is too fast paced for your character to die so easily combined with a 10 second respawn time to put icing on the cake, the "see-all" visor is a nice idea but also eliminates a lot of flanking opportunities for more team-based modes, and the dubstep at the end of every match is so silly that it got me and a friend to making dubstep jokes at most good kills in games we play.

It's very similar to CoD but with see-everyone hax available to everybody. And I don't really like CoD, so this is a FPS that isn't exactly for me.

Any FPS without Fog of War (inability to see opponents on Map) is uninteresting. I'm agreeing with Mat here.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:16 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Chips wrote:
Yamatsu wrote:

and that's about it.

Any FPS without Fog of War (inability to see opponents on Map) is uninteresting. I'm agreeing with Mat here.

Not really, this is one of the rare times and FPS does this, and you cannot shoot or attack in any form while using the HUV vision, you're supposed to tap it, look for a second or too, then tap it again to cancel it. And since everyone has access to it, there is no imbalance, its a rather unique situation.

Also this is the kind of FPS you should practice on to get good at other FPS games. And unlike everything else it's free to play, you have nothing to lose. It's rather fun. And fast paced is what makes a game, if you don't like fast paced FPS games then you surely wouldn't like UT or Quake which rely heavily on speed, and those are some of the best skill-based FPS games of all time.

I get that FPS isn't for everyone but I think you two are poking too many holes in it too early to make a proper judge of the game. Also if you are below level 10 and you are not on the Proving Grounds servers (servers will all maps but level-locked to 10 and below) then you're just asking to get killed by every person with a super modded gun and of course the game will not be fun.
Jg
Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:14 pm by Jg
tried the beta, it got this anoying thing that it crashed everytime i finnished a match so i never got into it, might try it again though.
Yamatsu
Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:18 pm by Yamatsu
Nova wrote:
And fast paced is what makes a game, if you don't like fast paced FPS games then you surely wouldn't like UT or Quake which rely heavily on speed, and those are some of the best skill-based FPS games of all time.
Mind you I love Quake. There's not much point comparing it to BL:R, however. They're very different games.

I love most fast paced shooters - What I don't like is shooters like CoD or this one... Ones where you can die in 4 shots average from a hitscan automatic. BL:R makes dislike it more thanks to the HUV vision. You are right however - everyone is equal with it. But I don't like how it ruins a lot of tactics that are useful in more team-based game modes.

Nova wrote:
I get that FPS isn't for everyone but I think you two are poking too many holes in it too early to make a proper judge of the game. Also if you are below level 10 and you are not on the Proving Grounds servers (servers will all maps but level-locked to 10 and below) then you're just asking to get killed by every person with a super modded gun and of course the game will not be fun.
Like I said before I just don't generally like this kind of FPS. I've played these kinds of shooters enough to have my opinion set, and that is that I just don't really like them.

Also, the red part of the quote is a problem... In a F2P game like this, all the alternative pieces of equipment should be sidegrades and not direct upgrades IMO. If they are going to be upgrades, it should be a very slight upgrade, or just a different weapon type altogether, where whether or not it's an upgrade mostly boils down to personal weapon preference.
Chips
Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:21 pm by Chips
Nova wrote:
Chips wrote:
Yamatsu wrote:

and that's about it.

Not really, this is one of the rare times and FPS does this, and you cannot shoot or attack in any form while using the HUV vision, you're supposed to tap it, look for a second or too, then tap it again to cancel it. And since everyone has access to it, there is no imbalance, its a rather unique situation.

Also this is the kind of FPS you should practice on to get good at other FPS games. And unlike everything else it's free to play, you have nothing to lose. It's rather fun. And fast paced is what makes a game, if you don't like fast paced FPS games then you surely wouldn't like UT or Quake which rely heavily on speed, and those are some of the best skill-based FPS games of all time.

I've played Point Blank and Counter Strike from days on end. I really just don't like any FPS with a map locating people. It ruins the element of surprise and working with a team to track down people on maps. It does not matter if everyone has access to it, if someone looks it up at the right time and finds someone nearby without that person looking at the HUV, that person already gets an advantage for being lucky to look at that time.

So let me restate my statement, any FPS without Fog of War is uninteresting to me.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:39 am by Phazon Xenomorph
Chips wrote:

I've played Point Blank and Counter Strike from days on end. I really just don't like any FPS with a map locating people. It ruins the element of surprise and working with a team to track down people on maps. It does not matter if everyone has access to it, if someone looks it up at the right time and finds someone nearby without that person looking at the HUV, that person already gets an advantage for being lucky to look at that time.

So let me restate my statement, any FPS without Fog of War is uninteresting to me.

Eh to each his own, personally I find it fun, I'm now level 12 and already have a decent assault rifle and smg. both with perma mods already...most of the other upgrades I'll have to wait a long time for.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:09 am by Phazon Xenomorph
Leveling in the game for me has slowed down (inching my way to level 16) but already my guns are coming together, fooled around with an SMG mix of parts i temp bought, in helo deck it was kicking ass.

Pretty fun free to play FPS for those interested who didn't read this thread already, get it on steam and enjoy, yeah the game has its faults but what game doesn't?
Yamatsu
Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:21 pm by Yamatsu
Ok, I played it more and am really enjoying it. xD
I shouldn't have been so skeptical about the HRV sight at first, it's both a help and hindrance. And after playing the game some more, I've grown to like that.
Renting guns is great, I can use high level equipment for a day while at the same time working towards my own permanent unlocks. Only problem is currently the game runs like shit on my PC, even with all settings on lowest. Will be upgrading soon though, so that should be addressed then...
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:57 am by Phazon Xenomorph
Yamatsu wrote:
Ok, I played it more and am really enjoying it. xD
I shouldn't have been so skeptical about the HRV sight at first, it's both a help and hindrance. And after playing the game some more, I've grown to like that.
Renting guns is great, I can use high level equipment for a day while at the same time working towards my own permanent unlocks. Only problem is currently the game runs like shit on my PC, even with all settings on lowest. Will be upgrading soon though, so that should be addressed then...

Yeah it's a great game once you understand that HRV is just how it operates, it's not meant to be a slow corner creeper or total reflex reactions game, its meant to let you see the other team. And once you get 10+ you can start looking at other builds or trying to perm parts and whatnot you enjoy.
WyvernGS
Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:17 pm by WyvernGS
Not to necro-bump o3o but I'll soon be playing Blacklight
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:32 am by Phazon Xenomorph
WyvernGS wrote:
Not to necro-bump o3o but I'll soon be playing Blacklight

Nice! It's a lot of fun, granted at the moment Halo 4 has my attention.
Andrew.
Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:44 pm by Andrew.
Not sure if Blacklight was poorly optimized, or my GPU sucks. Probably the latter. It wasn't the best fps.

After I played Blacklight for a bit, I found it wasn't really my thing, adding to that, I'm just getting my TF2 fill, now I can play it...
JFizzle
Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:19 am by JFizzle
Hey I have a dual-core 1.8 ghz with 3Gb of Ram. It's a laptop and I have no clue about my Gfx card and such. Think it will work? I don't have my hopes up, don't worry...
Yamatsu
Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:51 am by Yamatsu
JFizzle wrote:
Hey I have a dual-core 1.8 ghz with 3Gb of Ram. It's a laptop and I have no clue about my Gfx card and such. Think it will work? I don't have my hopes up, don't worry...
Certainly won't run. But knowing the gpu would help (chances are it's an intel HD card).
Andrew.
Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:09 pm by Andrew.
I've got a 2.3GHz quad, and a Radeon 4350. Which is a sucky low power GPU.
Can't wait for a new build...

Laptops tend not to game well, unless they're obviously high spec.
WyvernGS
Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:52 pm by WyvernGS
I played a bit and picked up the game a little faster than I expected, especially when I used some GP to rent a bolt action
JFizzle
Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:08 am by JFizzle
Yeah that's what I figured. Hopefully I'll be having one of my friends build me a gaming pc in the next year or so. I don't expect it to be a priority with 3U just around the corner, though.
WyvernGS
Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:49 pm by WyvernGS
Any of you guys want to organize a group and play together sometime?
Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:28 pm by ScienceJesus
Sure, just made a new account, around what times where you thinking of?
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:25 am by Phazon Xenomorph
I'd normally be up for this but at the moment other games actually have my attention.
Post  by Sponsored content

Blacklight Retribution

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Things we do when not hunting :: Passing the time when not on MH :: Non-MH Games and Gaming-
Jump to: