Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!


Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 
 

 Is it just me or this looks like another game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Is it just me or this looks like another game?   Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:32 pm

Recently I have been playing Shadow of the Colossus and Monster Hunter dos... when suddenly I remembered i had homework to do (yeah, no relation). After having killed the... seventh colossus I think I thought about Monster Hunter 4 and...
Spoiler:
 
Now serious. I dont know but by looking on the two MH4 trailers, I think it works similar to SotC. Open area, climbing and platforming and the posibility to get on a monster and stab it.
So what do you think?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or this looks like another game?   Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:04 am

Shadow, you have to realize... Any time any company tries to "WESTERNIZE" any game there are only a few formulas they go with, COD, SotC, GtA and very few others to include some fighting games.. Yea they add a few "new" or seemingly new thing in here and there but ut's basically the same car with a shiny new coat..... Hopefully MH4's new coat takes it a lot further than DD did though and hopefully Capcom (like many other companies) know the education and mentality level of the type of players that Nintendo attracts... Not to be insuting in any way but yes when it comes to "older" game players (the above 18 crowed... Heck even the above 14ers) you get a different mind set depending on the game system/company you are looking at. Lets face it the exspectations are different. And a lot of time that is why Nintendo is ridiculed a lot more that Sony when something goes wrong. Sony sales 1,000,000 game systems... it's a success.. Nintendo sales 1,000,000 it's a failure.. (it's true) and with with Xbox we have exspectaions of them as well but since they are not a Japanese company they are held to much .... MUCH different standards.

Again, like it or not this is true. and all this has to be taken into account when looking at MH4 and it's look and style compaired to it's changes and possible reasons for that if indeed it is intended to be a game released for the global market.
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 151

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or this looks like another game?   Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:07 pm

@ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
Recently I have been playing Shadow of the Colossus and Monster Hunter dos... when suddenly I remembered i had homework to do (yeah, no relation). After having killed the... seventh colossus I think I thought about Monster Hunter 4 and...
Spoiler:
 
Now serious. I dont know but by looking on the two MH4 trailers, I think it works similar to SotC. Open area, climbing and platforming and the posibility to get on a monster and stab it.
So what do you think?

You make it sound like the two are incompatible.
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
Moderator


Thank you Points : 43

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or this looks like another game?   Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:54 pm

... Has anybody else noticed that OP's name actually sounds like what a crossover between the two games would be named? Shadow of the Ceadeus... I would totally buy that.
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 151

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or this looks like another game?   Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Wouldn't that just be 16 Hydruses?
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or this looks like another game?   Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:46 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
Shadow, you have to realize... Any time any company tries to "WESTERNIZE" any game there are only a few formulas they go with, COD, SotC, GtA and very few others to include some fighting games.. Yea they add a few "new" or seemingly new thing in here and there but ut's basically the same car with a shiny new coat..... Hopefully MH4's new coat takes it a lot further than DD did though and hopefully Capcom (like many other companies) know the education and mentality level of the type of players that Nintendo attracts... Not to be insuting in any way but yes when it comes to "older" game players (the above 18 crowed... Heck even the above 14ers) you get a different mind set depending on the game system/company you are looking at. Lets face it the exspectations are different. And a lot of time that is why Nintendo is ridiculed a lot more that Sony when something goes wrong. Sony sales 1,000,000 game systems... it's a success.. Nintendo sales 1,000,000 it's a failure.. (it's true) and with with Xbox we have exspectaions of them as well but since they are not a Japanese company they are held to much .... MUCH different standards.

Again, like it or not this is true. and all this has to be taken into account when looking at MH4 and it's look and style compaired to it's changes and possible reasons for that if indeed it is intended to be a game released for the global market.
I know that. I was just pointing out the resemblance between the two. It is the same as when Castlevania Lords of Shadow came out, everyone said it was a rip-off of God of War and SotC and blah blah blah. And I know the post sounded negative, but actually I'm looking foward to this game style (free roaming, platforming and killing big/small monsters). I want to get MH4 and I really don't care if certain company uses styles that were in other game, it actually let's people with different tastes in gaming to know this game style (imo).
TL:DR I like MH4 and SotC, I don't care if the style of MH4 is that way and... nothing more

Quote :
@MasterOnion wrote:
... Has anybody else noticed that OP's name actually sounds like what a crossover between the two games would be named? Shadow of the Ceadeus... I would totally buy that.

Shin Zelkami wrote:
Wouldn't that just be 16 Hydruses?
That's how you start making a game
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 151

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or this looks like another game?   Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:00 pm

Psh...

That'd be lame. 16 Phalanxes or Arguses is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang


Thank you Points : 28

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or this looks like another game?   Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:52 pm

Does it really matter? As long as it's good, people will love it, I mean look at Darksiders 2, that's God of War, LoZ and Prince of Persia combined but it's a game that people love so they don't care.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or this looks like another game?   Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:13 pm

@Quentin wrote:
Does it really matter? As long as it's good, people will love it, I mean look at Darksiders 2, that's God of War, LoZ and Prince of Persia combined but it's a game that people love so they don't care.
I never said it matters.
Also when that maybe I become a game developer (thats what I want to do) the ideas may have already run out and every game will look like the other.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 151

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or this looks like another game?   Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:26 pm

@Stabster wrote:
When does Monster Hunter Tri 4 French Special Edition come out?
I heard that it's like Monster Hunter 4 and I think it comes out in early 2014.

...


Spoiler:
 

Modedit: spoilered
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
MasterOnion
Moderator


Thank you Points : 43

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or this looks like another game?   Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:10 pm

Remember kids, when posting images spoilers are your friends.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or this looks like another game?   Today at 7:24 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Is it just me or this looks like another game?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Firefly-Serenity RPG
» This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons
» WFB Player Availability
» The "Who would win?" game
» Reaper Miniatures Warlord Army Blog

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: 3DS :: Monster Hunter 4/MH4Ultimate-
Jump to: