Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

An MH game has been released in the west just about every year...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: An MH game has been released in the west just about every year...   Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:28 pm

You know we (and I say we because all of us do it) but we all complain about about MH not being released in the WEST or not being released on the system "WE" want it on instead of celebrating the series its self... Now I am not saying we should be satisfies with the way capcom is hadeling the marketing or distribution of the series because overall out of the 29 different games/updates/spinoffs over the series life the west has only recieved 6 but what I am saying is we should take a wider veiw of the situation and not "rage quit" and throw a temper tantrum just because we don't always get our way.

Let me explain befor you get angry.....

How long has it been since an MH game has been released in the west? You may think 2 years or even 4 years... it has only been 1 year. In fact an MH game has been released in the west almost every year. We will start this year and work back wards:

2012: Nothing has been announced yet and we still have 4 months to go. So we honestly don't know. Though we may take a synical look at it we do know that Capcom has promised an announcement about a new western game announcement before the end of the year. It could still come out this year though it is more likely a 2013 game release.

2011: (IOS) Monster Hunter: Dynamic Hunting, was released for the IOS operating system. It recieved pretty high sales for an iPhone/touch/pad game and the reviews for it were actually pretty well recieved.

2010: (Wii) Monster Hunter Tri, is actually considered one of the most popular of the Monster Hunter games along with MHFU and MHP3rd. It recieved fairly good reviews overall and though Capcom stated having higher exspectaions for it the western sales of it were actually quite equal or higher compared to other Capcom games on the Wii. Tri is still played often even though the Wii is considered a deing system with the announcement and soon to be released WiiU.

2009: (PSP) Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, is the top MH game in the west and the most played world wide.

2007: (PSP) Monster Hunter fredom 2. Featured completely new monsters and was a sequal to MHF.

2006: (PSP) Monster Hunter Freedom. A port of the original MH with a few Updates.

2004: (PS2) Monster Hunter. The game that statrted everything.

Information collected from monster hunter wikia and other google searches.

Looking at it in a general perspective by actually being a fan of Monster Hunter and not a particular syatem we have had a MH game just about every year with a few exceptions of only one year being skipped at a time. Now, yes I for one would prefer and would much like all the additional things they get in Japan (The card games, figures, and all the other 23 games and exspansions) but overall it's not as bad as we sometimes make it out to be. It could be better but..... I do think we all get our perspective twisted at times.

Just thought I would bring all of ours... And mine back down a bit though.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: An MH game has been released in the west just about every year...   Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:45 pm

Well said dcj ...well said...

Yeah , that is all I have to say.
Back to top Go down
xMorningstar
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 24

3DS friends code: 3866 8038 1961
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: An MH game has been released in the west just about every year...   Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:53 pm

For 2012 we're going to see that Monster Hunter: Massive Hunting IOS and Android game, aren't we? That would be pretty disappointing if that was the only MH game released this year. Hopefully, if it is, the announcement at the end of the year will be 4 or another MH game coming to the west in 2013.

Fingers Crossed.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: An MH game has been released in the west just about every year...   Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:12 pm

Massive Hunting has not been announced for the west but even if it was it's still a multiplayer MH game that MANY people could play together... Again as I stated, it may not be on the system "YOU" want but if it is released in the West at least we are getting something MH related.

And again I am not saying we should be "Satisfied" with that but we should be supportive of anything MH being brought to the west.. Anything and EVERTHING.
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: An MH game has been released in the west just about every year...   Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:47 pm

Lol, I bought Dynamic hunting, even though my Iphone can't run it.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: An MH game has been released in the west just about every year...   Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Sooo, 2012 is skipped but 2013 gets MHU on 2 systems... and it's likely we will get MH4 is the popularity of MHU is good. Also we may also get a movie in the next few years...

On top of that Capcom has actually provided a fairly reasonable explanation for the skipped years without an MH title... So.. Hmmm...
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: An MH game has been released in the west just about every year...   Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:44 pm

So is this your way of saying "don't worry be happy" Dcj?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: An MH game has been released in the west just about every year...   Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:04 pm

I'm whisteling now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An MH game has been released in the west just about every year...   Today at 12:27 am

Back to top Go down

An MH game has been released in the west just about every year...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1