Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.

Go down 
+10
dcj91x
Andrew.
ShadeSlayer
Yuki
Andrea88GOD
Vivi
Quentin
Enkidu
Will
Lalo
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

You guys are going to help me compile a handbook of your tips on getting rid of the annoying lowrank quickly and effectively. This is not intended to hurt anybody's feelings that are just starting out, because we all know there are some very cool people who play that are only hr 10 or whatever. This is exclusively referring to that one guy whose character name is Khgtsfve and pms you from a gate search saying "hlp me plz", or the guy that walks into your city that is in the middle of nowhere land, even though your city is labelled as playing with friends, and posts his urgent without even a hello. Not including the times where a nice lowrank comes in and makes you want to help him/her just because of how cool they are about asking. No, this is for the self-entitled, help-me-because-its-your-duty noobs who we have all run into at some point or another. We've tried being nice, we've tried being mean, but it seems that 9 times out of 10, once you have one on your hands they are pretty annoying and difficult to get rid of. So, tips or tricks on how to get rid of them, nice or mean, bribes or threats, kicks or kisses. Any ways that have worked for any of you in the past, share them here.

Last edited by Tiffy on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 35

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:49 am

they can stay there hunting alone for what I care LOL
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:50 am

not if you are waiting for a forth
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:52 am

Lol true. Some really annoy me though it's hard not to make a comment.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:01 am

My last option is gice them 10 honey if they leave
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:02 am

if the fourth is a friend you can warp to him along with the other two and leave the leecher alone, and maybe add him to the block list.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:03 am

My list is full XD
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:18 am

if there's no simple way to get rid of them, i join their quest naked and get killed 3 times on purpose, so they waste their money at least, and eventually leave :P
Back to top Go down
ShadeSlayer
Jaggi
ShadeSlayer

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 1:49 pm

I totally understand that leechers are very anoying, I had two the other evening I was in an open room, and there were three of us over lvl 40 and one that was lvl 10 or so and he just went famring while he watched us two destroy the monsters. At first I wasn't bothered, then I realized what he was doing.
I try to be lenient at first because I know that I was a beginner at first and you might not know edicate or how to do things properly at first. But then it doesget annoying when they do it over and over.
The last thing i will say is don't just think that if someon is not as good as you who are in the beggining stages aren't worth playing with because not all of us spen everyday on it.
I haven't played for aboutr 4 months and when I came back I sort of felt like a noob for the first 10 minutes as i had to get re educated with the monsters moves and the controls.
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 1:59 pm

if you are in an open room it's pretty much your fault if they join you.
I was talking about those who don't care and join your "playing with friends" or "solo play" room or any room with a specific purpose in the recruit server and post their unrelated quests.

They just jump in and ask for help only because your HR is high, not caring if you are waiting for someone, play alone or you need particular stuff. Usually if yuo refuse to help they either start insulting you or start following you in every city.

Depending on how high your HR is, you will start meeting them more and more, and here's where this topic starts.
Back to top Go down
Andrew.
Seltas Queen
Andrew.

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:16 pm

If people don't leave we tend to start throwing Garbage around...

This is why we want a group kick feature....

Spoiler:

^ My thoughts on the matter
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Hmm, I read all this.. Thought it over and realized a couple of things...

1. I just like playing monster hunter.

2. people rarely use the password on quests

3. I just like playing monster hunter.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:30 pm

-preps the orchestra, pops champagne, and my theme song plays-

this guy right here. I'm no doubt one of the suckiest people to play in MH history.

But... deep within the confines of the insanity known as 'my neighborhood' I have been cybernetically enganced with.. uh, something nerdy-sounding, into a force so powerful, so annoying, and an all around just plain fumbling bumbling idiot that probably has websites devoted to people who hate meh XD

It's easy to get rid of the people no one wants around around, all I have to do is talk. I'd bed happy to lend meh services, for a negotiable fee... xP
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:43 pm

^ I just like to play.. no fee needed.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:00 pm

dcj91x wrote:
^ I just like to play.. no fee needed.

Yea but my way of saying that in monologue format sounded way funnier & clever lool

case & point on the science of stupidity known as: Otology!
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Did it?
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:04 pm

possibly
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Quentin wrote:
You could do nothing but spam spirit slashes and/or use really crappy equipment, if I remember correctly Leonhardt had a blunt edge, attack down set tht he would use to get rid of leachers. Or just go with the good 'ol fashioned Rath+/Guan Dao setup.

That works?
I used full chakra and the kid wouldn't leave.
Idk why but I can never lose stalkers o_o
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
Quentin wrote:
You could do nothing but spam spirit slashes and/or use really crappy equipment, if I remember correctly Leonhardt had a blunt edge, attack down set tht he would use to get rid of leachers. Or just go with the good 'ol fashioned Rath+/Guan Dao setup.

That works?
I used full chakra and the kid wouldn't leave.
Idk why but I can never lose stalkers o_o

It's cuz you ooze weakness and that's what stalkers are attracted to (just kidding, you're one badass mofo)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:40 am

Andrea88GOD wrote:
Depending on how high your HR is, you will start meeting them more and more, and here's where this topic starts.
Yea, i think once you hit hr 80 (even though hr doesnt really determine skill) noobs begin gravitating towards you. Once you hit 200, anybody joining your city in a populated area, 6 times out of 10, did so because they saw your hr number. its like they think the longer youve played the LESS mistakes youve made. Which is obviously the opposite of the truth.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:54 am

really? I never had anyone bug meh to help them. Lool I barely could get my friends to hang out with me, let alone have some kid join my city wanting help because i has a high hr. Cool, guess being a lone-wolf ( and most likely hated by everyone online ) has some benifits.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:01 am

Otot I always joined you >.>
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:36 am

Yuki wrote:
Otot I always joined you >.>

my 1st console yuki, the one with the hr +300 file. back before I even knew you on friendly terms. lool I don't even remember what rank I am now XD
Back to top Go down
Kaji
Aptonoth
Kaji

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:44 am

Really?
To get rid of a noob that uses "plz"?
You easily say:
"You used 'plz' because it was shorter than 'please'. I'm going to use 'no' because it is shorter than 'yes'."
It should work. Lawl.

Noobs are noobs. If you tell em' to leave and they don't, you can't just make them leave. You can be really really polite and if they don't want to leave, you'll just end up being troll'd. I just leave myself if it starts happening like that. Most of the time, being polite always works.

Me? I'M NEVER POLITE. I DON'T CARE. Shit, I deal with the consequenses.
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:03 am

An excerpt from some of my friends in real life who just got tri:

Friend: "Hey, is this guy that just joined either of your buds?"

Other Friend A: "Nope, don't know him."

Other Friend B: "I don't think so, do I?"

Random interrupting leecher: "hay guyz, can you halp me wit my urgent?"

Other Friend A: "I'm sorry (insert name here), we're actually waiting on a fourth person to join, could you please leave?"

Leecher: "Nah, that's okay, I'll wait for one of you to leave."

Other Friend B: "Uh, no, we're not leaving. We are waiting for a mutual friend of the 3 of us to join so we can play."

Leecher: "Come on guys, please?" *posts barroth urgent while ignoring everything my friends are saying*

Other Friend B: "What the heck dude? We already told you no, we are waiting for a fourth person, please leave."

Leecher: "Don't be a jerk dude, just help me with my urgent."

Friend: "Nnnnnnope." *leaves city*

Other Friend A: "I hope you have a horrible day, criminal scum!" *leaves city after running circles around leecher chanting "criminal scum!"*

Other friend B: "You should be ashamed of yourself." *leaves city*

Leecher: Hmm, I think I should have asked some more so they will help me." *Somehow stalks all of my friends throughout 5 different gates on open while they are invisible*

There was much less grammar involved in the actual event, it just physically pains me to type like that intentionally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 1:45 pm

Lolol fucking noobs.. Honestly i usually just tell them to get the hell out. it works 50 percent of the time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.   How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Get Rid of Leeches/Noobs Quickly and Effectively.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next