Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Team make-up Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Team make-up Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Team make-up

Go down 
+17
Palas
Dar
Sir Valk
InstaCakes
Dathblade
Vax
Otoshimo
Lalo
Andrew.
Win32error
Yuki
dcj91x
Kaji
Quentin
It's meh
MasterOnion
Enkidu
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

Thank you Points : 0

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:46 pm

Hey, had a bit of a search but couldn't find anything discussing the various weapon combos for teams.

As a good all-rounded one I'd go with a gunner, a SnS, a hammer and whatever for the 4th. Having the gunner means it gets less crowded around the monster, the SnS comes in as support and item use while the hammer can concentrate on KOing it.

For fun I've had a couple goes at having 4 gunners, you takes turns dodging while the other 3 unload like crazy.

Wouldn't mind trying a 4 SnS team, probably against a Bari, it'd be like hunting in fast forward.

Anyone else got a favoured team, or something that works well against a particular monster?
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:37 am

For the best all around team I would have to say Gunner for status support and so there are only 3 people on the monster instead of 4, letting you do better damage to hitzones without worrying about tripping others, Hammer for KO and impact damage, lance for good all around damage, and either a longsword for sustained cutting or a great sword for burst damage, both can also cut tails well.

I'm using my own familiarity with weapons as a basis for the team member's skill level, so your appraisal may differ XD
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:45 am

Four GS vs Jhen.

My favorite hunt, ever.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 6:50 am

4 hammers versus mini-uragaan, that's my favorite hunt.
Back to top Go down
Kaji
Aptonoth
Kaji

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:51 am

Quentin wrote:

^^You're fucking dangerous.

I like to clust Mini-Ura while desperate hammer boys try to smash at dat rock.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:06 am

It's all about how well each person knows their weapon over all and how much fun they are having working together. In the end if you find 4 people that work well together and get alone together it does not mater what weapon they have because it's good communication and teamwork that counts.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:27 am

^exactly this.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:06 pm

When it comes to efficient and easy hunting, it's usually best to have at least one support gunner in your group. Just for the fact that with alternating traps and statuses, the hardest hunt can seem very cheap.

When it comes to fun....try hunting things only with sns. Like megajho or minigaan (no esp, LR sns). Or a personal favourite: 4 melee on agna. No esp or using attacks that don't bounce (only axe mode swax, no charging or spirit slashing). Only attack in armour mode :hicc:. I didn't finish in time, if you care to know.
Back to top Go down
Andrew.
Seltas Queen
Andrew.

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:32 pm

4 SnS's on MegaHo is always an interestingly lnog hunt, with 4 people trying to bash away at 2 small rapidly moving legs....
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:15 pm

When someone says "perfect teamwork" on MH3 the only thing I picture is two or more hammers without hitting each other once and all of them aiming to the head.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:27 pm

Ultimately don't care what monster it is we're up against. I prefer a team of 2. 4 people just get in my way & I'm more than comfortable with 2-maning anything with good people i trust.

I usually hammer everything, so I usually like hunting with someone with a LS or an axe for tails & such. It's quick, painless with the right people, challenging & fun :D

...bur thats just meh, no one shoukd ever listen to meh tho >_>
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Vax
Aptonoth
Vax

3DS friends code:

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:57 pm

I personally believe there is no perfect team, or best team at all. After all, this game was designed without a class build or showing which weapon is more superior to the next, no one ever argues about how a SnS is crappy compared to a lance, they all have their pros and cons and that's what I Love about this game. No one will ever complain about your weapon of choice, unless of course you're gonna clust a Great Jaggi. And for hammer users, you really have to be careful when you unload your Lvl3 pound, positioning is also key to hammering. After all, if you get the stun hit on them, but you blew away your partner, what's the point of using the stun if only you unloaded damage to their face? By the time you stunned them, they probably already broke their head piece, but I also love using hammer, hard though. But fun nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Well there really isn't an ideal team unless you are asking for speed and nothing else, but for me the best team alone is one that I can work with fluidly and I can take a break after the quest and talk for a while instead of always being on the grind. You just have to find the team your most comfortable with.
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:07 pm

lol, i was expecting someone to say 4 hammers on the mini-ura. at least with SnS you can crosscut & back slash the little fellow.

totally agree on not being able to say 'this is the best' team, and that being part of what makes the game appealing. some of the examples I gave were just 'let's try this for the fun of it' type ones

communication and knowing your teammates does make such a big difference though, which is why I also really enjoy hunting with just 1 other good friend, you can start working together really well after a while.

and I did try SnS with megajho a little while ago, seriously must have spent about 3/4 of the time just trying to catch up to his ankle so I could hit it.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 3:30 am

Enkidu wrote:
lol, i was expecting someone to say 4 hammers on the mini-ura. at least with SnS you can crosscut & back slash the little fellow.

Guess what?

Quentin wrote:

Back to top Go down
Dathblade
Popo
Dathblade

3DS friends code:

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 12:09 am

Lol mines more or less what me and my friends do by default. Its 2 gunners, and 2 heavy hitters. The guns mainly are two diffrent types: DeadEye uses more elemental/status based shots, while ClickClick uses the more heavy hitting shots. Meanwhile Nightmar and I just go by monster type, But atm the usual is me and my elemental awakened blades with his High powered hammers... Logistic wise we keep a good mix of damage. We also get a nice break rate since it can be focused anywhere with so much flexibility, but that might just be us. Our fastest ala being 10 minutes (atm) using this method.

All in all I think its a decent setup lol just requires an understanding of others playstyle and adding your own to it.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Quad LS. :o
Or for the arena, dual SnS. Seriously, I played with one guy once and we both hacked and slashed the shit out of the Qurupeco with those Paralysis SnS.

From my experience in MHFU with a friend, LS and GS work well together. Not sure if this applies to Tri though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Sir Valk
Seltas
Sir Valk

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code:

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 8:20 pm

4 Clust on Ala, like a baws.
Back to top Go down
Dar
Melynx
Dar

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Italy

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:21 am

for me is 1 status bowgun,2hammer and a lance or a piercing bowgun against 2ura(heroes wanted,advanced quest) /yes/
Back to top Go down
Palas
Cephalos
Palas

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:59 pm

ALLURING LOTUS PARTY
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:12 pm

TRIPLE HAMMA WITH LS!
Seriously though, it's a truly epic melee combination. The LS user focuses on the tail (if cuttable) and one hammer focuses on the monster's head with the other 2 bashing away at the body. Slash and Impact damage with a huge stamina drain, good for crippling monsters. If you want better damage output make it double Hammer and LS.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Palas wrote:
ALLURING LOTUS PARTY

:0 I am so trying that with you on the forum-server party days!

Super Rapid-Fire Team Pellet Guns Go!
(and for LuLz, one randomy lancer who'll rage over his Keyboard about not being able to move XD)
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Actually, now that I think of it, it's proven that it's quad HBG. All the recorded, well, record-time videos are with quad bowguns, usually heavy.
Also, Triple Hammer + Lance. On Uragaan. MWAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:14 pm

2 paras, 2 hammers, a lot of pits
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Mr Stark wrote:
Actually, now that I think of it, it's proven that it's quad HBG. All the recorded, well, record-time videos are with quad bowguns, usually heavy.
Also, Triple Hammer + Lance. On Uragaan. MWAHAHAHA

Not true, We tried that at an ala clust city. Swapped the agnak stock for needler * we did better on time. That's what I use now now.

and theres was a time me & a few buddies were testing we tried once when we were experimenting gun sets. We 3- manned Dual blos' uses medium bowguns in record time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Team make-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team make-up   Team make-up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team make-up
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next