Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Monster Hunter announcement update....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Monster Hunter announcement update....   Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

So this was posted just 5 hours ago in the Unity forums in response to complaints about Capcom announcing western localizations or other games right away and no news on MH.

------------------------------

5 hours ago by Yuri (Dubindoh)
Guys, just because Ace Attorney is getting localized, it doesn't mean we'll be out of staff to work on Monster Hunter... that said, news are coming "soon-er" than before ;)

------------------------------

If you don't know "Yuri" is one of the newer and "more reliable" staff member at Capcom USA. Or he has proven to be so far.

Now what this statement actually mean... Ehh, who knows but as soon as I find out or anyone does I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter announcement update....   Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:58 pm

I'd rather it be 4. 3G, though it added some great features, was just a port, and a hefty enhancement of Vanilla Tri. 4 is a totally new game, with a different play style and possibly new engine, and looks way more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter announcement update....   Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:08 pm

yeah... but, did capcom announced MHFU before it was released in Japan?
or tri? was it announced that it will come to the west before or after tri was released there?

I will like to know that.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter announcement update....   Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:55 pm

@ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
As a long it is a MH game, not a felyne village nor a TCG game

I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE MONSTER HUNTINH CARDS here in the West.

The art work is amazing, the game play is well thought out and all the extras that would come with it would be truly well worth any money spent for them. But that would not be a Capcom announcement as the card game though licensed by Capcom would be produced by a different company and would have to pay royalties to Hasbro/Wizards of the coast and a whole lot of other issues. Also, if the TCG was headed to the west at least that I would have already ears about and not just the handful of translated cards I've seen which are yet to be confirmed.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter announcement update....   Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:37 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
@ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
As a long it is a MH game, not a felyne village nor a TCG game

I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE MONSTER HUNTINH CARDS here in the West.

The art work is amazing, the game play is well thought out and all the extras that would come with it would be truly well worth any money spent for them. But that would not be a Capcom announcement as the card game though licensed by Capcom would be produced by a different company and would have to pay royalties to Hasbro/Wizards of the coast and a whole lot of other issues. Also, if the TCG was headed to the west at least that I would have already ears about and not just the handful of translated cards I've seen which are yet to be confirmed.
I like the cards too. I was talking about a MH TCG Videogame, something like a Yugioh World Championship 20XX. If they decide to bring the cards... it would be interesting, but these kind of things are always kept in Japan, like the Complete Saga books and other merchandice
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 281

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter announcement update....   Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:48 pm

i stopped collecting cards when i was 14 /sad/

still have my yugiohs
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
Quentin
Rajang

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter announcement update....   Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Dem Yugioh's I loved that shit, but I think my parents would frown on me buying them (MH cards)
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter announcement update....   Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:23 pm

@Quentin wrote:
Dem Yugioh's I loved that shit, but I think my parents would frown on me buying them (MH cards)
Parents always hate their children to waste money in children card games
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter announcement update....   Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:49 pm

... Well, let me give a bit away guys... I have several friends who own game stores and run the tournaments for several of the TCG's here in Texas. (yes i do run the stores and turnaments as well from time to time) And though I'm no regular player on any game I have knowledge of most and, well it's not kids who play them. Not the ones who really play in the events and spend the high $$$ on them to keep them going.

And with MH:HC, it would be more aimed at the 16-28/30 year old age range. Maybe just slightly below those who play MTG here in the West and not really the Pokemon or yugioh crowd.

But back to the main topic. As stated we do know what we are not getting. The TCG is one of them along with the iPhone and I think it's safe to say p3rd, and any previous mh online or game before 3G was released.

That still leaves a lot of options open though. As well as (the ever so slight) the possibility of a new game.
Back to top Go down
darkblade56
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter announcement update....   Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:44 pm

Hello and I'm new to the forums here at monsterhunter wiki. I've lurked for.... well a long time waiting patiently for some tidbit of info on a release of a new monsterhunter here in the west.

Frankly its been a frustrating experience. The first monsterhunter i played was freedom 2 then freedom unite. I then recently aqcuired a wii and got ahold of tri. Playing tri right after freedom unite was like going from ice skating uphill to downhilling without doing much work.

Ive beaten tri and am now starting over on Unite on my vita. I thought about downloading the JP psn version of perd but im still on the fence about that.

Im not holding my breath on the release of something beyond tri here in the west. While i think it would be nice to get a newer game im getting hooked on the difficulty of freedom unite again.

cheers! /yes/
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter announcement update....   Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:20 pm

@darkblade56 wrote:
Hello and I'm new to the forums here at monsterhunter wiki. I've lurked for.... well a long time waiting patiently for some tidbit of info on a release of a new monsterhunter here in the west.

Frankly its been a frustrating experience. The first monsterhunter i played was freedom 2 then freedom unite. I then recently aqcuired a wii and got ahold of tri. Playing tri right after freedom unite was like going from ice skating uphill to downhilling without doing much work.

Ive beaten tri and am now starting over on Unite on my vita. I thought about downloading the JP psn version of perd but im still on the fence about that.

Im not holding my breath on the release of something beyond tri here in the west. While i think it would be nice to get a newer game im getting hooked on the difficulty of freedom unite again.

cheers! /yes/
It will not be for Sony for sure... just saying.
And with the difficulty of the game, Tri G is harder than Tri, it is like Tri G is harder than Tri that is harder than P3rd. So, if we get Tri G it will not have the difficulty level of the Gen 2 MH but harder than Tri.
And we still don't know about 4 yet. With new gameplay mechanics maybe it will be harder, but we still don't know much about it.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter announcement update....   Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Also with MHFU now being pulled from PSN... And the WiiU price likely being the same as the Viata's wifi version and Sonys reluctants to lower it's price... The vita is likely to have a hard time this Christmas. Capcom is likely to have this in mind with whatever game they are going to announce.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter announcement update....   Today at 3:19 pm

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter announcement update....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2