Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Magical Aquamatic Spark Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Magical Aquamatic Spark Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Magical Aquamatic Spark

Go down 
+6
quidam
Yuki
Win32error
Sir Valk
Ultimate Jaggi
JFizzle
10 posters
AuthorMessage
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

Thank you Points : 129

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

The Magical Aquamatic Spark Empty
PostSubject: The Magical Aquamatic Spark   The Magical Aquamatic Spark Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 3:50 am

First Off, I apologize for my lack of a presence here on the forums. I do miss all of you guys. Due to my work schedule, I tend to 'Hunt' exclusively nowadays.

That said, I ran into my old friend Strife the other day. We had some good hunts. Then he told me about the Magical Aquamatic Spark. TBH I never thought much of the gun b4. But I gave it a go, and what I found was the best Pierce 1 Gun out there!

Fully upgraded with PowerCharm, PowerTalon, MightPill/Seed, and Felyne AUL, it has an atk power of 402. I've heard that it can be as high as 600ish with Survivor.

Now granted a clip of 4 rounds is small by piercing standards, but the other perks far outweigh it, once you get acclimated. Considering it is a Light BG, has no recoil, and fast reloads this means that you can burn through a case of P1 fast, and deal Serious amounts of dmg too. The only downfall is its' tiny bit of deviation.

The set I built around this gun is Pierce Boost, Crit Eye +2, Precision+1, and Evade+1.
Blos+Helm, Alloy+Vest, Blos+Arms, Bari+Waist, Gobul+Legs, Evade+5/Precision+10 Tali. Yeah, GL getting that Tali, LOOL!

I have found this setup to be very aggressive and very versatile as well.

Give it a try. Hope you like it.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Aquamatic Spark   The Magical Aquamatic Spark Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:09 pm

I would try it, but My wii is broken x_x.

I got into pierce gunning awhile ago (you were there XD).
Back to top Go down
Sir Valk
Seltas
Sir Valk

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Aquamatic Spark   The Magical Aquamatic Spark Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
I would try it, but My wii is broken x_x.

I got into pierce gunning awhile ago (you were there XD).

I have never seen the spark used for anything productive, but I will have to try this out now.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Aquamatic Spark   The Magical Aquamatic Spark Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 8:29 pm

Isn't it inferior in every way (damage, amount of shots, backup ammo) to a good pierce gun? Maybe the spark is an LBG, but the benefits over a MBG aren't that high, right?

Still a funny gun (equip it with full male gaan), but i wouldn't use it for serious.
Back to top Go down
Sir Valk
Seltas
Sir Valk

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Aquamatic Spark   The Magical Aquamatic Spark Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 8:35 pm

Win32error wrote:
Isn't it inferior in every way (damage, amount of shots, backup ammo) to a good pierce gun? Maybe the spark is an LBG, but the benefits over a MBG aren't that high, right?

Still a funny gun (equip it with full male gaan), but i wouldn't use it for serious.

Agreed.

I have only used it to troll before.
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Aquamatic Spark   The Magical Aquamatic Spark Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:25 pm

No its got damn good recoil, atk pwr, and reload. Just with its stock of pierce 1 I can nearly solo jho, so long as I stay buffed.

Pair it up with Crit Eye +2/+3, Pierce Boost, and Precision+1.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Aquamatic Spark   The Magical Aquamatic Spark Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:57 pm

It was one of my original pierce sets was really fun to use for being such a light gun it packed a punch. Then again I had maxed it early and you really should not be using anything past lvl1 pierce on most monster anyways and has lvl 1 status shots along with the ability to use rapid fire crag.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Aquamatic Spark   The Magical Aquamatic Spark Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 6:11 pm

it is a good gun, but custom made pierce 1 guns will have a much larger magazine, shorter range, shield and slot/slots while only losing the sidehop and possibly a little bit of raw. i use it from time to time myself anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Aquamatic Spark   The Magical Aquamatic Spark Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 6:11 pm

J FREAKIN FIZZLE MAH BRO
Back to top Go down
Palas
Cephalos
Palas

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Aquamatic Spark   The Magical Aquamatic Spark Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 6:28 pm

Looks good to me, except that you'd be using up lots and lots of Pills.
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Aquamatic Spark   The Magical Aquamatic Spark Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:23 am

Vortiene wrote:
J FREAKIN FIZZLE MAH BRO
Whats up man!! Nice to see you still around man.

Yeah it works good with the might pill/seed trick, but its still very powerful with only a Demondrug and Felyne AUL buffs.

And Im not so sure about a custom BG being any better. Ive tried to make one that was as good, but they always fall substantially short in either atk pwr, dev, or recoil.

W/E tho. Just figured I'd throw this out there for all, who like me, never tried the spark.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Aquamatic Spark   The Magical Aquamatic Spark Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 11:44 pm

Keep in mind tho that spark only really draws strenght with the use of the item boosters.

I have a gun set that I only ever use 2 bullets with, pierces being one, and it does serious damage.
seeing I'm the item-conservative type I'd pick a custom gun anyday over the gun I only used as a texas-shootout joke.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Aquamatic Spark   The Magical Aquamatic Spark Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 4:51 am

the gun i usually use pierce1 with is: lagia+ frame, diablozooka barrel, lagia stock.

compared to the spark it has:

gun ....................... spark ...................... custom
final raw .................. 348 .......................... 334
affinty ...................... 0 .............................. 0
pierce1 ..................... 4 .............................. 9
pierce2 ..................... 0 .............................. 4
range ...................... 0,8 ........................... 0,7
recoil (pierce) .......... none ........................ none
deviation .............. low: L/R .................... large: L
shield? .................... no ............................ yes
status ...................... all ...................... para, poison
demon/armor ........ no/lvl1 ...................... lvl2/lvl1
slots ........................ 0 .............................. 2

lt's take a look at this:

spark has slightly more raw, i'll give it that but in the time the custom gun has fired it's pierce 1 clip spark had to stop to reload twice. if pierce 1 run out (which they shouldn'ìt since you can bring 99 of each combine material but whatever) the custom gun can fill in with pierce 2.
spark range is good for a pierce gun but diablozooka is better (barozooka has it even shroter but i tried it and it's just too short, so i'll go as far as saying 0,7 is the best pierce range in tri)
both guns have no recoil on their relevant shots, custom gun have a larger deviation but it's only in 1 direction, so predictable. spark instaed can be all over the place.
custom gun have a shield, that's a good thing.
both gun can pull off some status support, spark has sleep too but custom gun's para shots are level 2.
both have armor shot (it's a good shot, use it guys) but only the custom gun has demon shot AND IT IS LVL2 WOOT!! (use it! USE IT!! it boosts your ally attack power a lot more than what the status screens shows, it adds a multiplier to damage!)
finally, custom gun hjas 2 slots which really don't bother me at all, i like them, even.

tl,dr: spark is good, the gun i suggested is better except for a few in my opinion minor points. if you are really bothered by the deviation fit a deviation -1 on your armor, it's a C skill.
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Aquamatic Spark   The Magical Aquamatic Spark Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:47 am

I'm in a similar position to quidam here, though I prefer devil's grin barrel for a general pierce gun (and possibly rathling+/diablazooka frame/stock, but those are very similar to rex/crus). Spark is a very good pierce gun and lots of fun, but not the best.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Aquamatic Spark   The Magical Aquamatic Spark Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 12:19 pm

dainbramage wrote:
I'm in a similar position to quidam here, though I prefer devil's grin barrel for a general pierce gun (and possibly rathling+/diablazooka frame/stock, but those are very similar to rex/crus). Spark is a very good pierce gun and lots of fun, but not the best.

I find that gun has more potential elsewhere. Mine uses regular los stock, and It has serious raw attack power & it's pellet rapid-fire/ massive normal shot magazine cartridge always served meh well. I cant recall its pierce cartridge, but I'm sure i never used pierces on that gun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos
Randomhunter

Thank you Points : -1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Aquamatic Spark   The Magical Aquamatic Spark Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 12:39 pm

Wish i knew what u was talking about..i have no idea when it comes to guns in MH. i stayed away from guns because of the sheer complexity of them.
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Aquamatic Spark   The Magical Aquamatic Spark Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:46 pm

Randomhunter wrote:
Wish i knew what u was talking about..i have no idea when it comes to guns in MH. i stayed away from guns because of the sheer complexity of them.

Gunning is addictive. I agree with you, though, there is alot to learn up front when you first get into it, but once you have a handle on the basics, it's fun beyond expression.

@Quidam: That's a pretty nice P1 gun too, man. I might have to throw that one together in the am to see if I like it.

Only point I was trying to make in the thread was to bring some attention to the often overlooked Spark, and to express that right out of the box (Once fully upgraded and all) the spark can lay out some serious dmg.

Aside from its' attack pwr, I like it for it's Light BG properties. The sidestep and the ability to utilize Evade+1 (Especially immediately after firing) are very nice perks tho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Aquamatic Spark   The Magical Aquamatic Spark Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Magical Aquamatic Spark
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii :: Monster Hunter 3 (Tri)-
Jump to: