Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Monster Hunter: the movie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Monster Hunter: the movie   Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:01 am

http://m.computerandvideogames.com/367445/monster-hunter-film-currently-in-planning/

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/09/resident_evil_director_wants_to_make_a_monster_hunter_flick

Though there are a lot of stages that go into an actual movie getting off the ground and being made this is a start. The plus side is its from the director of Resident evil so.... It will definently get a western release and get more people to know about Monster Hunter here in the west... If it gets made.

Epic movie moment:

Group of hunters are in the tavern.

A big hunter in Barroth armor is standing looking at a smal female hunter in Kirin armor. In a Russian accent he pronounces, "Look at cute little girl, she hunts ponies. I hunt real monsters, big monsters with my hammer." He laughs loudly. She says nothing buy gets up slowly and stands in front of him looking up at him, expressionless, emotionless. "Did I hurt your feeling little gir.." before he could finish she kneed him in the crouch suddenly and with great force. He feel over. She went back to her drink as if nothing had happened. Another hunter sitting close by watched as the giant of an curled up with tears in his eyes on the floor. "Looks looked that limitless girl took the big monster down," he said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:40 pm

**** yeah mh movie tyme!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:20 pm

Ehh I feel like mh has become like call of duty in a way they seem to be releasing one almost anually just happy they are taking time for mh4 and breaking the mold so to speak or it would hecome stagnant fast I am sort of iffy about a mh movie though since mh has never had much of a plot point just kill save a village make armor and become wealthy.

Last edited by Yuki on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:58 pm

The manga was good, you CAN make a story out of monster hunter.

yet, I would rather see an anime than a movie
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:24 pm

@Yuki wrote:
Ehh I feel like mh has become like call of duty in a way they seem to be releasing one almost anually just happy they are taking time for mh4 and breaking the mold so to speak or it would hecome stagnant fast I am sort of iffy about a mh movie though since mh has never had much of a plot point just kill save a village make armor and become wealthy.
And like Pokemon, releasing games with almost no time between them (out of topic)

While looking around on TriG's official japanese site I found a banner that hinted that a movie would be made.
Now, will it be live action or CG?
Back to top Go down
Chipou
Kecha Wacha

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:03 am

@dcj91x wrote:
The plus side is its from the director of Resident evil so....

...Plus side?....Movie?....directior or resident evil? Its a few months short of april fools mate.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:15 am

I want Cha Cha in this movie. You know what? The movie should be about Cha Cha, not some sissy hunter.
Back to top Go down
Slyffer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:58 am

@Chipou wrote:
...Plus side?....Movie?....directior or resident evil? Its a few months short of april fools mate.

Basically this. I'm absolutely ecstatic about the idea of it, as it would obviously generate some hype for the series and might (I ofc say ''might'' advisedly) be that straw that breaks the donkey's back (the donkey's back being Capcom's horrible marketing ideals) but I found each of the Resident Evil movies revolting in every sense of the word (while being completely unmoved by the ''horror'' sections of them) and if that crap actress Milla Jollyvitch or w/e the hell her name is is in it, oh holy Deviljho would it stink....feeling very nervous about this one, even if its far from a reality atm.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:51 am

I really hope they won't do this. Games and movies just don't mix well, so far at least. Adding the resident evil director, you can basically be sure that only some base elements from the games will be reflected on the movie, and the rest will just be made up.

Also, MH doesn't really have any plot at all. There's no real characters or plot progression, and i don't think any popular movie director will be able to benefit from that. Perhaps a good story about the world, the hunters and the monsters could be made like that, with no forced plot to execute, but i just don't see it happening any time soon.

What i personally want is a monster hunter documentary. How one hunter explores monster behaviour and watches and comments on hunts, stuff like that. A sort of..."Walking with Wyverns", maybe?
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:20 pm

Well its Japanese made, so I'm giving it a chance.

I mean, if Godzilla was interesting, what more will MH be.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:49 pm

^ Actually it would be made by the same director and company that did The RE movies which is a Hollywood company out of the US and not Japan. So it would be an English movie with all the western productions involved in that.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:49 pm

@Win32error wrote:
I really hope they won't do this. Games and movies just don't mix well, so far at least. Adding the resident evil director, you can basically be sure that only some base elements from the games will be reflected on the movie, and the rest will just be made up.

Also, MH doesn't really have any plot at all. There's no real characters or plot progression, and i don't think any popular movie director will be able to benefit from that. Perhaps a good story about the world, the hunters and the monsters could be made like that, with no forced plot to execute, but i just don't see it happening any time soon.

What i personally want is a monster hunter documentary. How one hunter explores monster behaviour and watches and comments on hunts, stuff like that. A sort of..."Walking with Wyverns", maybe?
I think the idea of a documentary would be interesting, it would attract the attention of the western side to the series.
Having no plot is bad but good at the same time, you have no idea where to start (unless you have played a game) but you can do anything with the plot (which can be helpful... or may suck)

@dcj91x wrote:
^ Actually it would be made by the same director and company that did The RE movies which is a Hollywood company out of the US and not Japan. So it would be an English movie with all the western productions involved in that.
Alright, knowing this I already lost my expectatives to the movie.
Back to top Go down
Chipou
Kecha Wacha

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:13 pm

@Win32error wrote:

That is the only way i could see Monster hunter actually making a decent entry into tv/movie. Would be a fantastic series on tv actually now that i think about it. A movie however, I have zero faith in, period. How would he even go about it?
Back to top Go down
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : -1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:38 am

Id like it as an anime too.....movie? cant see it happening! it has very small story.

I like Bleedingcrow's funny comics on deviantart...
Back to top Go down
Rowiehz
Melynx

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:35 am

I wasn't sure how to feel when I heard there was going to be a Monster Hunter movie.

I mean, think about it. Other than hunting monsters, collecting things and all the other things you do in there- I wonder what kind of plot they could possibly think up for this? Nonetheless, my curiosity was over this,

Until I heard the director of the Resident Evil movies volunteered for it.

Sadly, I don't have much expectations now anymore. Like most people here, I'd rather just want to see an anime. Unless they make it into that idea of it being a documentary. Now that'd be interesting!

However, in the end. Games + Movie = No.
Back to top Go down
http://rowiehz.tumblr.com/
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:07 pm

Like this?
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:17 pm

No, that is an anime of people playing MH (They are playing Monster Hunter 4! o.o)

I was thinking an anime with this

Because a story CAN AND HAS BEEN DONE.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:22 pm

@Lalo wrote:
No, that is an anime of people playing MH (They are playing Monster Hunter 4! o.o)

I was thinking an anime with this

Because a story CAN AND HAS BEEN DONE.

THAT MANGA SUCKED!!!
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:50 am

Now where else could we get an anime where groups of people with ridiculously oversized swords slice up giant, insane looking monsters in the forest?

Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:36 am

-facepalm- the RE director doing this movie... that's like if they let someone like, IDK, Roland Emmerich direct an americanized version of a Godzilke movie...
( I hope someone gets that reference )

There's potential for a movie like this. I mean, mabey not in full glory of the franchise. but It has alot that could go for it ( Kaiju Nerd-out in 3... 2... 1... )

something like a nomad swordsman, accompanied by his felyne/shakalaka, crosses paths with a hunting-clansleader & saves him/her from an ambush of a pack of ( bird wyvern here ) they crosd paths again in a tavern where he/she ask if the nomad would care to join their hunting organization. As time progresses & the clan recieves more & more hunting request, the guild uncovers the resent encounters with monsters is due to a new type of elderdragon invading the surrounding enviorment & throwing the ecosystem out of wack. from there our protagonist nomad & his asteemed clansleader decide to embark & combat the elder dragon.
and of coarse, some drama/romance (oooiuugh)/action or whatever. but yea theres alot of ways a MH movie could go to keep to the theme & still give something that's entertaining moviewise.

but nope, not with this director. we may as well start watchingnthe Super Mario Bros. Movie to prepare us now. I already predict a plethora of 3d slow-motion sword slashes & fire-ball shots that'll practically BE THE MOVIE. >_>
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
kpxtreame
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:54 am

the thing is, with a monster hunter movie, it wont please everyone.

people (like us) who have played monster hunter will like it if it was accurate, but people who have never played the series will say "where's the plot?" when we know there isn't much of one anyway.

But if they tone it down and put in a plot, people who have not played the series will like it
cause they think it cool, but to us it wont be monster hunter.

the only way it could be good is if they find a mid-way point which is good, and as we have seen (street fighter movie) that never work's out. :suspect:
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:07 pm

@kpxtreame wrote:
the thing is, with a monster hunter movie, it wont please everyone.

people (like us) who have played monster hunter will like it if it was accurate, but people who have never played the series will say "where's the plot?" when we know there isn't much of one anyway.

But if they tone it down and put in a plot, people who have not played the series will like it
cause they think it cool, but to us it wont be monster hunter.

the only way it could be good is if they find a mid-way point which is good, and as we have seen (street fighter movie) that never work's out. :suspect:

Heres a thought, do what Legendary is doing with their new Godzilla revival in 2014;
have someone who not only is aware of the franchise to begin with, but is actually a fan of sorts, knows what the no-no's are and what fans would want to see. then take the time to develop a proper script that would not only please fans but stull be mainstream and interesting enough to be accepted by popular culture.

At least legendary got that approach write and did their homework. "cause that's how these movies should be treated with both fan base and public appeal in mind, Not rape the name of a popular series/Icon and go ape-chit trying to make the movie realistic. If they do just go and make this another 'Flashy-3D-J.J. Abrahms did all the explosions" style movie an pretty much flip off the fans it'll hurt them more in the long run.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:28 pm

They will need to know how to make a story to a storyless game. I wonder why a western director is making a movie about a game that is famous in Japan, I'm sure Japan would do a better job since they know what MH is about and the kind of fans... not that this director can't to that.
Just that they understand the fans, what the game is about (it isn't that hard to understand MH) and make a movie, just like people make fancfictions.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:45 pm

@Win32error wrote:
I really hope they won't do this. Games and movies just don't mix well, so far at least.

You sir are 9001% right.

It works the same backwards, tv series/movies, when converted into games, are:

About 1 hour long, main plot wise
Super easy
Don't even follow the TV plot

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter: the movie   Today at 8:58 am

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter: the movie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next