Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
High Rank Equipment Opinions Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
High Rank Equipment Opinions Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

High Rank Equipment Opinions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shei
Kelbi
Shei

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

High Rank Equipment Opinions Empty
PostSubject: High Rank Equipment Opinions   High Rank Equipment Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 1:56 pm

So, I've got a question, I managed to slither my way to HR6 using only low rank Kirin armor but now I'm freaking sick of it...

Now, i've got Full Rathalos Soul U, Full Ceanataur S, Full Supreme Mizuha(Chammy) Set
and I really wanna get that Kaiser S cause it looks badass, except for the -dragon resistance.

But high rank Teo is such a pain without dragon element.. and eternal strife's not good enough for me.

So should I make Azure Ogre Sword(involves Lao Ruby y'all know how painful that is) or should I just make Smolder Dragonsword and poke him to death?
Also any other armor suggestions? btw, Silver Sol = 5 rath rubies. lol not worth it IMO
Blue Prominence - 1 Ruby
Gun Chariot - 1 Ruby
Los and Ian Dual blades - 1 Ruby
tons of other uses ^
Back to top Go down
DannyLee94
Felyne
DannyLee94

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import

PostSubject: Re: High Rank Equipment Opinions   High Rank Equipment Opinions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 11:35 am

Shei wrote:
So, I've got a question, I managed to slither my way to HR6 using only low rank Kirin armor but now I'm freaking sick of it...

Now, i've got Full Rathalos Soul U, Full Ceanataur S, Full Supreme Mizuha(Chammy) Set
and I really wanna get that Kaiser S cause it looks badass, except for the -dragon resistance.

But high rank Teo is such a pain without dragon element.. and eternal strife's not good enough for me.

So should I make Azure Ogre Sword(involves Lao Ruby y'all know how painful that is) or should I just make Smolder Dragonsword and poke him to death?
Also any other armor suggestions? btw, Silver Sol = 5 rath rubies. lol not worth it IMO
Blue Prominence - 1 Ruby
Gun Chariot - 1 Ruby
tons of other uses ^

Full Narga S is a decent armour set since it's quite easy to get once you get a handle on his attack patterns, I think it only requires one rare narga brain stem - just chop off his tail and capture a couple of times. It does have awful elemental resistance but I think the skills (when nicely gemmed) make up for that since you can dodge almost any fireball/thunder shock.

I am actually going for Narga S again right now in my second playthrough.

EDIT: Also it looks awesome, not quite as good as Rathalos S but good nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Shei
Kelbi
Shei

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: High Rank Equipment Opinions   High Rank Equipment Opinions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 12:02 pm

DannyLee94 wrote:
Shei wrote:

Blue Prominence - 1 Ruby
Gun Chariot - 1 Ruby
tons of other uses ^

Full Narga S is a decent armour set since it's quite easy to get once you get a handle on his attack patterns, I think it only requires one rare narga brain stem - just chop off his tail and capture a couple of times. It does have awful elemental resistance but I think the skills (when nicely gemmed) make up for that since you can dodge almost any fireball/thunder shock.

I am actually going for Narga S again right now in my second playthrough.

EDIT: Also it looks awesome, not quite as good as Rathalos S but good nonetheless.

I was thinking of getting Narga S myself, but meh.. the armor skills you can get from narga S can be matched by button timing and experience alone. the elemental resistance was crappy too, only sad thing about high rank armors is you get to replace them once G-rank is available. :roll: I plan on getting that rajang armor and on to G-rank for me It\\\\'s Nargacug Raawr!
Back to top Go down
DannyLee94
Felyne
DannyLee94

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: High Rank Equipment Opinions   High Rank Equipment Opinions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:31 am

Hehe, any decent base raw defence armour that doesn't require much grinding; I'm f*cking getting lol ( Tigrex & It\\\\'s Nargacug )
Back to top Go down
red1228
Aptonoth
red1228

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: High Rank Equipment Opinions   High Rank Equipment Opinions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:44 pm

DannyLee94 wrote:
Hehe, any decent base raw defence armour that doesn't require much grinding; I'm f*cking getting lol ( Tigrex & It\\\\'s Nargacug )

Hermitaur Z is pretty easy to get. Gives you Guts, so you can survive 1hKO's.
Back to top Go down
DannyLee94
Felyne
DannyLee94

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: High Rank Equipment Opinions   High Rank Equipment Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 7:14 am

red1228 wrote:
DannyLee94 wrote:

Yep that was actually my first G-level armour in my previous playthrough, but in my opinion it's too damn ugly for a hunter :P, I dropped it ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Shei
Kelbi
Shei

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: High Rank Equipment Opinions   High Rank Equipment Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:01 pm

DannyLee94 wrote:
red1228 wrote:
DannyLee94 wrote:

Yep that was actually my first G-level armour in my previous playthrough, but in my opinion it's too damn ugly for a hunter :P, I dropped it ASAP.

lol, hermitaur z is probably one of the best available at HR7, but it's ugly as hell! Even though I favor lance and gunlances more than any other weapon, I still wont get hermitaur z till later on. I just decided to stick to my fully upgraded ceanataur s and rath soul u till HR8, I hear most of the good stuff are in there
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: High Rank Equipment Opinions   High Rank Equipment Opinions Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:48 am

I strongly suggest using Ceanataur equipment because of its sharpness buffs and you can just gem out the defense reduction. once you're HR8 I suggest going for Ceanataur Z, I'm trying to get it, but I absolutely HATE the terra Shogun. Damn shell.

EDIT: I suggest Smolder Dragonsword, as that weapon and its upgrade (KO Dragonsword) has good attack and great Element, and with the shapness+1 Smolder reaches white and the KODS gets purple.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: High Rank Equipment Opinions   High Rank Equipment Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Caen S or Dark aktor armor for high rank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High Rank Equipment Opinions   High Rank Equipment Opinions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High Rank Equipment Opinions
Page 1 of 1