Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info

Go down 
+18
Ataraxia
Randomhunter
Ultimate Jaggi
Yuki
Will
Snacks
Ares
Palas
Otoshimo
It's meh
Win32error
Aly
Jader7777
Oni Zelkami
dcj91x
Quentin
Lalo
ShadowCeadeusDM324
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 5:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

- once again, no online for 3DS version
- Tri servers will be shut down eventually
- didn't want to shut them down until players could move onto a new game
- most likely will not be able to transfer Wii save to 3DS or Wii U
- uses Nintendo's servers for online
- not sure on regional servers yet
- Capcom USA waiting on Wii U builds to play
- no word on transferring Japanese 3DS save to the NA 3DS build
- highly unlikely that 3DS will get online
- shouldn't be any differences in content between the two games

Araujo on the long time it takes to localize Monster Hunter game…

“No, we don’t enjoy seeing you suffer… Localization is just one of those things that takes time and a lot of strategy. For one, it’s not just translation. Plus, we wanted to deliver a title that had full online multiplayer integration (Wii U), and that took a lot more development. But now we can offer you MH3U on the Wii U, with HD graphics, online, save-sharing with the 3DS version… that’s all awesome stuff – but it all takes time.”

Svensson on additional Wii U support…

- subtle differences in feature set of Ultimate from the original Japan release of 3G
- no official bundles in states
- may feature soft bundle purchase option within the Capcom Store

Source: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=185599
it was all copy pasted: not by me

Last edited by ShadowCeadeusDM324 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:00 am

Jader7777 wrote:
How about Japan though, they still pay for their online stuff right? It's going down too?

Due to 3G, P3rd and Frontier being available in japan, i doubt there are still many playing tri. Even if there's still some playing, they probably won't mind the servers closing due to multiple replacements.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:03 am

Original MH servers were still up for japan I heardlike a year or two ago so I doubt tgeir tri sercers will ve shut down ao quickly.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Yuki wrote:
Original MH servers were still up for japan I heardlike a year or two ago so I doubt tgeir tri sercers will ve shut down ao quickly.
Didn't they said in Capcom Unity "We didn't want to close the servers until you could have another game with online"? Maybe, MAYBE, they will not close them now, but I'm sure the dark day is coming soon...
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:00 pm

ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
Yuki wrote:
Didn't they said in Capcom Unity "We didn't want to close the servers until you could have another game with online"? Maybe, MAYBE, they will not close them now, but I'm sure the dark day is coming soon...

I was refering to the japanese server not any of the western servers-
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:15 pm

It's meh wrote:
Some information of Tri Ultimate's online features like meeting up with friends, player search features, voice chat, and text chat.

I'm not onboard with the whole "centering it at the biggest monster" camera. What if you want to run or set a trap? Eh, guess it won't be a big hindrance.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
It's meh wrote:
Some information of Tri Ultimate's online features like meeting up with friends, player search features, voice chat, and text chat.

I'm not onboard with the whole "centering it at the biggest monster" camera. What if you want to run or set a trap? Eh, guess it won't be a big hindrance.
Uh... If it's anything like it was on the 3DS.... You CAN turn it off... :/
Back to top Go down
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos
Randomhunter

Thank you Points : -1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:55 am

Still not happy they taking online away from me, they are essentially taking away half the game from me without any compensation.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:06 am

Randomhunter wrote:
Still not happy they taking online away from me, they are essentially taking away half the game from me without any compensation.

I don't think you're seeing it in clear perspective.
Wii MH: Online. WiiU MH: Online.
Japanese 3DS MH: No online. Western 3DS MH: No online.

In the end, nothing is changing in that respect, at least not until MH4.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:25 am

Randomhunter wrote:
Uh... We're getting Monster Hunter 3G....

Imo that's a pretty good compensation if you ask me.

@Win32
Yeah, and the Wii U can be played locally with the 3DS games, so that would mean that there's no content really locked from you if you choose to play offline only.
Except for like events you won't download. XD

So you aren't completely separated from a part of the game if the online servers suddenly dropped.... Which is something I didn't really enjoy in tri, since I would have loved to have jhen mohran offline.
Back to top Go down
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos
Randomhunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:24 am

Wait so paying £300 for a new console/new game is considered compensation? thats not not compensation at all just a terrible option that forces me to upgrade or im left in the dark.

Im happy about the new MHU game but that is not compensation.

EDIT: Will they give us all the online content? thats what im saying about the whole situation! we wont have events! we will have NOTHING!!!

Last edited by Randomhunter on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 8:29 am

You buy the new game.

That's how stuff works these days.

But hey, there might be a fan server going up assuming someone has money to burn per month.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 8:51 am

Servers close, that's just the way it goes. The western servers for MH1 lasted about 3 years too (less for EU), while the japanese servers stayed up far longer. This simply has to do with demand, because the MH3 EU servers will be empty by the time 3U arrives.

Right now, at the peak, there's 1500 players on the EU servers or so. That number is rapidly declining, and with the sequel released, Capcom won't have any obligation to keep the servers up. Do mind that the offline game is about 30 hours (if you play it through normally for the first time), which is normal for an AAA title these days.

Likely, 3U, due to being both on a handheld and a homebound console, will have all content aside from event quests unlocked for offline play. The fact that some event quests probably can't be accessed on a 3DS only....well, there's a limit you know.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:00 am

Let me see if I understand what some people are saying correctly.

They bought a Wii (and presumably a ps3, 360), a copy of an online game but in no way ever exspected it to be replaced by a new system, a new game, to get shut down once something better comes along or anything like that?

Come on now... Lets be real here. Game systems get replaced about ever 7 years, servers on games on those system are lucky to last a third of that time unless the game has a huge following and the company is willing to put the money into running them.

Clearly Capcom was struggling with keeping the servers on Tri up as long as they did. How long did the ones for the other MH Games last?

Now we come to MHU.. Nintendo has taken the burden of the servers from Capcom and Nintendo has a history of keeping things alive for their fans as long as they can. They also take more interest in their servers than Capcom to make sure they stay maintained and updated.

So while yea, it's unfortunate tris online is going away.... IT HAPPENS! It's normal.

But we are getting 2 better games and a better maintained server in its place.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:49 am

^ This. Do you really want to stay on Tri anyway, knowing that there'll be a much better version of the game around soon? Tri's had its time, and frankly, looking at the game more objectively, I'm surprised that 19 monsters ever managed to hold us down and make us play the game as much as it did. MHU provides the same experience and more; and lets face it, it's not like Tri only had a 6 month life span, it's had a good life.

Let's let it go 'n' look to the future :P
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 12:07 pm

Randomhunter: You seem to miss the bigger picture sure we will locked out of of our content in tri, but we will be getting it back and more when mhu is released to the west. If you would read through older posts some clearly said that the one on wiiu will have online gameplay and the one on the 3DS will have dlc and some perks wiiu won't have but we sure won't be losing content be happy instead of only looking at the negatives.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 12:15 pm

I think this has conversation has carried on quite a bit and played out as far as it's going to go... Some people are going to argue about some things no matter what.. we are all like that on some things until we actually have our hands on MHU some people just cant see how much MH Tri was lacking.. especially those who have no other MH game to reference it with.

Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 1:11 pm

yea 1-3 people can keep a discussion about something & exchange views. When everyone else starts butting in saying the same crap already mentioned thats just being a dic. You can't blame someone for not being fully in the know, so back off.

On Topic-ish:

so with the servers closing with the convert, I'll be interested to see how many people are still doing the offline tri, and why?

nostalgia? epic fandom? cuz they just can't leave teh piggeh? It'll be intriguing to see like 6-8 months from release date
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 1:29 pm

^ I still play the original Super Mario Bro's.. In fact I download/buy every rerelease copy Nin puts out, go to world 1-2 do the back warp and then word 3-1 and get infinate lives to see if those two things are still in it and that's as far as I play it.. All the new Matio games are much better.. more content, and still offer the same exsperiance and feel I had when playing the first one... but I still get every copy of it on every system.. I still have also gone back to the Tri demo a few times and the original MH game to compare the newer ones. I can see the same thing happening with tri in.. say 6 months to a year and beyond. It wont be to fully play the game but to see the changes in the series.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:12 pm

Otoshimo wrote:
so with the servers closing with the convert, I'll be interested to see how many people are still doing the offline tri, and why?

nostalgia? epic fandom? cuz they just can't leave teh piggeh? It'll be intriguing to see like 6-8 months from release date
People are still buying the game. The other day I saw somebody say "FINALLY, RANK 36", and a rank 2 guy trying to make the Jhen event. So Capcom is closing the game, probably knowing there are still people buying it. I'm sure they will make an annoucement of the game's online closing, but the sooner the better, if not there are going to be many dissapointed fans. And there are also the people who will only be able to play offline once Tri servers closes. I'm not sure if I will still play it, using overpowered weapons against village monsters is no fun, and there will be people who will have never be able to play online.
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 6:47 am

We should probably clarify that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate HD version has pretty much the exact same content as Tri for it's online quests plus additional content.

Yes by vort Yes by vort Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 7:07 am

^ Most likely.. Yes. It may have been reworked a bit as the questing system in MHU has to accommodate for the additional G rank and it will most likely have different quests than those in Tri (this is yet unknown) but overall you will have the same experience just a fuller one.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:02 pm

dcj91x wrote:
^ Most likely.. Yes. It may have been reworked a bit as the questing system in MHU has to accommodate for the additional G rank and it will most likely have different quests than those in Tri (this is yet unknown) but overall you will have the same experience just a fuller one.

we better get a high rank luddy hunt this time that isn't an advanced quest -_-"
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Otoshimo wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

we better get a high rank luddy hunt this time that isn't an advanced quest -_-"

I want that G rank ludy armor, you're like a freakin Super Saiyan 4 in that thing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos
Randomhunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:16 pm

I would not care as long as they gave me the online content playable in offline mode for tri, they taking half my game away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info   The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The grim future of Tri servers and Ultimate info
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next